Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829939 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13400 on: February 26, 2009, 01:58:34 PM »

One GM

Both champions on both shows

Total disregard for the draft

The split ended this week - eyeyeyeye

Lets just see if WWE noticed...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13401 on: February 26, 2009, 02:15:37 PM »

One GM

Not really, I think its pretty obvious HHH will be moving over to Raw as his fued will go past Mania. Edge/Cena is just the usual Mania cross-attraction match, like Batista/Umaga last year and Lashley/Umaga before that.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13402 on: February 26, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »

One GM

Not really, I think its pretty obvious HHH will be moving over to Raw as his fued will go past Mania. Edge/Cena is just the usual Mania cross-attraction match, like Batista/Umaga last year and Lashley/Umaga before that.
Yeah but the brand splits been nearly non-existant for ages, from the "talent sharing" to Miz and Morrison appearing on EVERY show.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13403 on: February 26, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »

One GM

Yeah but the brand splits been nearly non-existant for ages, from the "talent sharing" to Miz and Morrison appearing on EVERY show.

True but its just ECW that really turns up on all shows like Miz N' Morrison and Bourn, plus it helps them get more noticed by appearing elsewhere since there obviously ones WWE has hopes for in the future. ECW has that "Talent agreement" with SD & Raw anyway. Its pretty rare for a SD wrestler to appear on Raw or vice versa unless its Mania season which will mean bigger ratings and in all bigger PPV buys which as we know WWE cares most about.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13404 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »

One GM

True but its just ECW that really turns up on all shows like Miz N' Morrison and Bourn, plus it helps them get more noticed by appearing elsewhere since there obviously ones WWE has hopes for in the future. ECW has that "Talent agreement" with SD & Raw anyway. Its pretty rare for a SD wrestler to appear on Raw or vice versa unless its Mania season which will mean bigger ratings and in all bigger PPV buys which as we know WWE cares most about.

In all fairness, it still goes against the notion of what the proper split was.  Admittedly back then we only had 2 brands, but they tried to give them their own identity and bar the odd exception, they kept to themselves, brand exclusive PPVs as well.  It was like they were "attempting" to have 2 promotions under their one banner, creating their own little competition.  Now its definately all one show, someone can appear on another show without explanation, remember when they at least tried to bullshit with GM Bob has loaned Smackdown talent The Z Man to RAW for tonight and so on.  With so many jobbers/talentless/past their best stars, a bunch of firings and ending the brand split works well IMO.  TNA will pick up the scraps and they will either turn the leftovers into stars and push them to their true potential (Elijah Burke could do wonders in TNA) or it could kill TNA, but assuming it does work out for them, they become competition for WWE and push them, I mean its easy to come up with a list of WWE past their bests and never will be's who could do well in TNA, admittedly I say it all the time, but "Welcome everyone to Glen Jacobs, Abyss' brother"  Cheesy Incidently on the subject of mixing the brands up, upcoming jobber classic WWE Superstars is meant to feature all the brands I think.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #13405 on: February 26, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

any one ever think that the thing that happened to WCW, ECW, and WWE will ever happen again only with TNA?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13406 on: February 27, 2009, 01:27:03 AM »

any one ever think that the thing that happened to WCW, ECW, and WWE will ever happen again only with TNA?

If you mean WWE buying TNA... It's not really worth it, Vince would just end up re-releasing his former employees.

The best anyone would get out of that, is "Abyss" on ECW feuding with "Hornswoggle"   nervous
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:26:25 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13407 on: February 27, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »

The brand extension just has to end

It they are concerned about ''over wrestling'' their stars - cut out some of the house shows perhaps?

Take the best 30 wrestlers and sod the rest

Current title contenders could just as easily be redeployed for a rejigged IC title leaving the best of the best for the acutal title itself

TNA would gorge on the left overs but would that really hurt WWE?

Competition is the basis of capitalism - seemed to have worked pretty well these last thousand years....

With TNA breathing down their necks it would create media interest, controversy and maybe some fan loyalty ''WWE is my show!' kind of stuff

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13408 on: February 27, 2009, 02:11:29 PM »

Is it a coincidence that WWE really starts kicking ass from January till April and then sucks the rest of the year?

Jan-April they end the brand split and really cross promote everything.

U have the Cena/Edge feud, HHH/Orton Feud and UT/HBK angle plus the Hardy vs Hardy saga

THAT IS A GREAT fucking TV show

Have feuds only on one show though, so if Orton/HHH were feuding on Raw, make that feud remain on Raw, use ECW for a nice cruiserweight, exciting type wrestling show.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13409 on: February 28, 2009, 07:48:01 AM »

Is it a coincidence that WWE really starts kicking ass from January till April and then sucks the rest of the year?

U have the Cena/Edge feud, HHH/Orton Feud and UT/HBK angle plus the Hardy vs Hardy saga

Have feuds only on one show though, so if Orton/HHH were feuding on Raw, make that feud remain on Raw, use ECW for a nice cruiserweight, exciting type wrestling show.

True - WWE does drag itself from the depths for 4 months a year

Raw this week was the first I would consider acceptable in atleast 6 months

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13410 on: February 28, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

Any predictions for 'Mania yet?

I say:

HHH over Orton
Cena over Edge
'Taker over HBK
Christian over Jack Swagger
CM Punk wins MITB
Jeff over Matt

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13411 on: February 28, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

I say:

HHH over Orton
Cena over Edge
'Taker over HBK
CM Punk wins MITB
Jeff over Matt

A little early maybe but not really i guess. I have to say i dont see it ending quite like the way you have it. Only because you have every single heel losing. And I just dont see that happening...but at the same time those picks make sense.

I'll save my picks for powerslam predictions.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13412 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »

True - WWE does drag itself from the depths for 4 months a year

Raw this week was the first I would consider acceptable in atleast 6 months

Wrestlemania and the road to it is the biggest thing WWE has. They know it. And you can tell they try to go balls out for it. Has it always worked? No but the WWE is almost always at least some-what entertaining for these 4 months. And you can tell over the last few years they really try to treat Wresltemania as the WWE's version of the superbowl. Which is a good thing. But I just wish they would at least try to put some of that energy into the rest of the year. Because the entertainment value of the WWE always seems to drop after Wrestlemania. smoking

Edit: Going kinda on the same note. Raws rating this week was the biggest in 2 years.  smoking
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:21:02 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13413 on: February 28, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »

I say:

HHH over Orton
Cena over Edge
'Taker over HBK
CM Punk wins MITB
Jeff over Matt

A little early maybe but not really i guess. I have to say i dont see it ending quite like the way you have it. Only because you have every single heel losing. And I just dont see that happening...but at the same time those picks make sense.

At WrestleMania 18, every heel lost except for Jazz beating Trish and Lita for the belt.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:56:16 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13414 on: February 28, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »

I say:

HHH over Orton
Cena over Edge
'Taker over HBK
CM Punk wins MITB
Jeff over Matt

Hmm - Triple H cant lose another Mania, but I will be betting against him - because thats the way WWE works

CM Punk is now officially history - he aint getting another title shot any time soon

...and the IC title is even being defended...at Mania?!?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13415 on: February 28, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »

A solid TNA but once again a somewhat scatterbrained TNA

Don West going mad half way through was something we'd expected for some time - but why didnt he do that earlier in the show?

The Kongtorage breaking up so soon - they have been together...a month?

Lance Rock getting fired - he has some outstanding moves

TNA seems to focus very much on a small number of its wrestler - you dont see some people for weeks, its always the same few that make it

I think Impact needs 3 hours, and they need to decide on a direction for the X Division - having all the stars in the Frontline has backfired

...and what are they doing with the Frontline?

One thing I was surprised, but pleased to see, Joe armed with a knife - very inappropriate, very dangerous, very intresting!

Thank god someone's prepared to do something shocking!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13416 on: February 28, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »

3 hour Impact? Are you high? It was bareable with 1 hour but even 2 hours is too much. They try to cram as much as they can in which really damages the product. They are really failing to create any of their own main eventers so they have to rely on people past there peak. Joe = Failed, AJ = Was on verge with Angle feud but hes way back down to midcard.

It's really no surprise theres tention, negativity and walkout threats backstage.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13417 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

I sometimes think TNA would've been perfect around 90 minutes.

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13418 on: February 28, 2009, 09:25:52 PM »

I sometimes think TNA would've been perfect around 90 minutes.

That's almost twice the length of some episodes of "Raw" I've seen, given... the endless adverts.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13419 on: February 28, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

What hurts a lot of Raw for me sometimes is when they cut to commercials in the middle of a match. A Match is a story and just when u are getting into it, they go to a commercial and it kind of ruins it.

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: