Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829665 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #13360 on: February 22, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »

Didn't Melina do a Canadian Destroyer-type thing recently or does my memory serve me wrong??
Trevor Murdoch, easily confused   Tongue

Trevor does have bigger boobies.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13361 on: February 22, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »

Didn't Melina do a Canadian Destroyer-type thing recently or does my memory serve me wrong??
Yeah she did.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhRIDz4sx8

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13362 on: February 22, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »

Yeah she did.

Here it is:

Yeah but the whole Canadian Destroyer thing is it is the flipping/rolling piledriver.

Melina's is just a flipping sunset flip/powerbomb esque move.

Seems Petey will forever be more famous for his finisher than anything else, also Sonjay Dutt's been canned...and word is WWE are interested....strange.

Speaking of wrestlers who have one moment they will forever be remembered for and will never be able to top:

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13363 on: February 22, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »

Sonjay Dutt's been canned...and word is WWE are interested....strange.

Nah not strange really, he was a big part of the reason TNA had decent ratings in India. Makes sense for WWE to sign and market him instead of using Khali. Dutt is quite a big draw over there from what I understand.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13364 on: February 22, 2009, 08:05:17 PM »

Nah not strange really, he was a big part of the reason TNA had decent ratings in India. Makes sense for WWE to sign and market him instead of using Khali. Dutt is quite a big draw over there from what I understand.
Considering Vinnie's love for giants, why would he want to use a midget instead?  I mean he rarely considers in-ring ability when big men are concerned.  Aside from the rumours of Khali's knees falling apart...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13365 on: February 22, 2009, 08:08:51 PM »

Is that Felix Skipper in the Gif up there?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13366 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:43 PM »

Considering Vinnie's love for giants, why would he want to use a midget instead?  I mean he rarely considers in-ring ability when big men are concerned.  Aside from the rumours of Khali's knees falling apart...

Who knows I mean he's got sideburns so Vince could have him debut as Ranjin Singh's evil brother and have it lead to a Khali-on-a-Elephant payoff match...

...this should really go in our wrestlecrap storyline MSN convos. Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13367 on: February 23, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »

Who knows I mean he's got sideburns so Vince could have him debut as Ranjin Singh's evil brother and have it lead to a Khali-on-a-Elephant payoff match...

...this should really go in our wrestlecrap storyline MSN convos. Tongue

You never learn, when all else fails, put it on a pole.  Elephant-on-a-Pole match and we are rocking, although it'll need to be a baby one, obviously, Elephant sustaining poles DO NOT come cheap, heck the one for the baby Elephant will lead to some cutbacks at Titan Towers, Kung Fu Naki, the end is nigh, pack ya bags!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13368 on: February 23, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »

What the hell have TNA done with Petey Williams?

He has the best finisher in wrestling today - and he is a superb wrestler

Hell, I can say without a shadow of a doubt I starting watching TNA for the Canadian Destroyer - no joke

I presume we will see him on ECW in about 6 months

TNA seems to be bleeding stars at the moment....

...and how has it taken so long for Gail Kim to get on WWE tv?

Erm you do know the Canadian Destroyer relies on his opponants more than him, basically if it goes good Williams will get the credit while if its bad it won't be his fault.  Roll Eyes

He was OK, don't think WWE will get him. I don't think he would amount to much there plus theres much more talented people already wating to be called up/just been called up aka Tyson Kidd, DH Smith (check out his Heel persona in FCW), Gabriel and Ziggler.

By TNA's stars do you mean the main eventers TNA have produced such as Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner?

Plus Petey will never be allowed to do that move in WWE.... not a chance!

and as far as bleeding stars goes i think Slash666 says it right. Really only AJ & Joe are TNA stars.... the others were made by someone else and lets face it getting on.

Having said that the same could be said for WWE.

I watched a TNA PPV yesterday (admittdly not sure which one) but it just reaffirmed what i already knew.... the most talented guys IMO have been somewhat swalloed up with bigger names arriving. So much potential there but there is something not quite right with their product. I could watch AJ Styles all day and i'm a fan of guys like Lethal, Angle, MCMG but just like Izzys point about Taker and how he doesn't seem that feared... well i can't believe some of the older names are so central to their product as i feel TNA original sucess was guys like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles and Joe and i think they should have built on that rather than go down the route they have .... but thats just my opinion

Sure Petey can do that in WWE. Did u forget that  Trevor Murdoch briefly stole it and did a very shitty version of it?

Dude No Way as a regular finisher. The Piledriver has been banned for ages. Only Taker gets his version allowed. The way WWE will look at it is what if some kid attempts that on his friend... too dangerous.

Thats the impression i get anyway.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13369 on: February 23, 2009, 03:10:01 PM »

Dude No Way as a regular finisher. The Piledriver has been banned for ages. Only Taker gets his version allowed. The way WWE will look at it is what if some kid attempts that on his friend... too dangerous.

Thats the impression i get anyway.
I seem to remember the excuse for taking out some of the hard hitting moves was too cut down on injuries and expand wrestlers careers as well as the Main Eventers (Triple H) didn't like fans being burned out and blown away by guys lower down on the card doing crazy bumps (Hardyz, Kendrick etc.) and guys like Triple H, fans of old school 70s-80s wrestling wanted to go for a slower paced style in a similiar vein.  In many respects post Attitude Era matches are better and in many ways they aren't.  Gone are many crazy bumps and the variety throughout the card, but also gone in the main are the 2-3 minute PPV matches that frequently popped up.  The TV Shows now also have far more wrestling, the match number on TV is down but the length of them expanded, although ratings is very storyline based, a fine balance is needed, I seem to remember Nash proposed the entire 1st hour of Nitro should just be storylines and backstage segments.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13370 on: February 23, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »

Manu has been released by WWE.

...Sim Snuka must be bricking it. Time for him to go back to the bomb shelter that kept him from being sacked last year.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13371 on: February 23, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »

JBL vs HBK for the right to challenge the Undertaker at 'Mania.

Wonder who will win this one hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #13372 on: February 23, 2009, 09:47:29 PM »

ok, i know in the late 90s that HHH and Stef were married then there was a giant thing about her wanting a divorse and all that what not but when did they get re-maried or was that whole stunt just played and they never were divorsed in the first place? headscratch

Manu has been released by WWE.

...Sim Snuka must be bricking it. Time for him to go back to the bomb shelter that kept him from being sacked last year.

why'd they let Manu go? and why would they kick out Sim? i thought they were both pretty good, i've been waitting for the last few weeks for them to come out and make ortan a bloody mess

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13373 on: February 23, 2009, 10:00:17 PM »

ok, i know in the late 90s that HHH and Stef were married then there was a giant thing about her wanting a divorse and all that what not but when did they get re-maried or was that whole stunt just played and they never were divorsed in the first place? headscratch

I think they did get a divorce on screen a few years ago, but they were married in real life back in 2003.

As a sidenote, I hope HHH destroys Randy Bore-ton at 'Mania smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13374 on: February 23, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »

That ending on Raw was awesome! Straight horror, monster movie shit

HHH ain't much of a runner is he?  hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13375 on: February 24, 2009, 12:17:19 AM »

HHH ain't much of a runner is he?  hihi

HAHA, that was the highlight of the night hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13376 on: February 24, 2009, 12:51:50 AM »

I had my fingers crossed praying "Please don't rip another quad muscle'

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13377 on: February 24, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »

Yeah she did.

Here it is:

Aha! I knew she did something like that. I'm not insane after all.

And Murdoch never did the 'wrap the legs around the body first' bit. Thankfully.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13378 on: February 24, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »

I get really mad at the WWE. I mean they have a tag division right in front of their eyes. That could at least be decent. Or at least give us some decent tag matches. I miss tag team.

I hate Miz and Morrison but thats one tag team. Got Rhodes and Jr, thats two. Got Cryme Time, thats 3. Got Glamarella. Thats 4. Santino and beth would be funny as tag team partners. Primo and Calito, thats five and Hawkins and Ryder, thats 6 teams.

Cut off both belts. Just keep one. And have them battle for the belts over both shows. 6 tag teams. A couple of elite ones. A joke one, throw in a couple more jobber teams and you have a decent tag division. Fuck WWE do something with it.

While your at it, instead of having the IC champ in the money in the bank. Have him actually defend the title at Wrestlemania. There have been some classic IC title bouts at wrestlemania.  rant smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13379 on: February 24, 2009, 02:17:12 PM »

I know you have a hatred for Morrison (God knows why) but Miz & Morrison are an excellent tag team who work well together are very entertaining and sell well for their opponants. In my opinion there the best tag team in wrestling at the minute (Yes Izzy, that includes MCMG). I was never the biggest Miz fan anyway (That was Hammy) but since they tagged up I really like him now and see him no more as just the guy from the Real World.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: