Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829359 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13340 on: February 20, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »

I still think a proper Cena heel turn can be big down the line.  To all the little kids that adore him it could get them on a Hogan scale.

You just know that'll be when he starts getting cheered. Tongue

A thought: what reaction would a heel Cena get if he were fighting Shawn Michaels in Canada??
Lillian Garcia would suddenly become the biggest babyface on camera....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13341 on: February 20, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »

I still think a proper Cena heel turn can be big down the line.  To all the little kids that adore him it could get them on a Hogan scale.

A thought: what reaction would a heel Cena get if he were fighting Shawn Michaels in Canada??

...and Michael Cole still wouldn't be over  no

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13342 on: February 20, 2009, 06:07:07 PM »

...and Michael Cole still wouldn't be over  no
Aye he got the heatz when I saw that Live RAW.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13343 on: February 20, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »

Rourke was on Jonathan Ross, tonight. He said he wanted to fight at Mania but had been advised not to so he wasn't going to. He confirmed he'd be there though. He also pretty much admitted he'd used roids to bulk up for The Wrestler.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13344 on: February 20, 2009, 07:50:51 PM »

Rourke was on Jonathan Ross, tonight. He said he wanted to fight at Mania but had been advised not to so he wasn't going to. He confirmed he'd be there though. He also pretty much admitted he'd used roids to bulk up for The Wrestler.
Aye, I'm sure he was asked in an interview the other month and simply said he bulked up like all wrestlers do  Tongue

Scotty Goldman has been given his pink slip, only surprise about this is the fact he'd been given his own show on wwe.com.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:22:20 PM by Hammy » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13345 on: February 21, 2009, 06:43:42 AM »

''I want to fight the Undertaker!'

''No, I want to fight the undertaker!'

...hmmm, great build up guys

The whole point is the Undertaker is supposed to be this terrifying supernatural force - a competition to face him is absurd

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13346 on: February 21, 2009, 08:48:54 AM »

''I want to fight the Undertaker!'

''No, I want to fight the undertaker!'

...hmmm, great build up guys

The whole point is the Undertaker is supposed to be this terrifying supernatural force - a competition to face him is absurd

We could have another Loser leaves town match! ok

I understand what you are saying but Takers streak has become a part of mania and the honor to be the guy who ends it has become huge. I like the fact that these guys all wanna be "the" guy. Doesn't mean they aren't scared of Taker its just they want to be "The" guy who ends the streak.

I mean HBK (Mr. WM) vs Taker (Undefeated@Mania) i mean does it matter how it happens.... just make it happen

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13347 on: February 21, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »

John Morrison is great.

"I'm hot!"

"Ab-solutely. Eh? Eh?"

hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13348 on: February 21, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »

What the hell have TNA done with Petey Williams?

He has the best finisher in wrestling today - and he is a superb wrestler

Hell, I can say without a shadow of a doubt I starting watching TNA for the Canadian Destroyer - no joke

I presume we will see him on ECW in about 6 months

TNA seems to be bleeding stars at the moment....

...and how has it taken so long for Gail Kim to get on WWE tv?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13349 on: February 21, 2009, 06:08:17 PM »

I always thought Petey had AJ Styles potential but they screwed him up with that Poppa Pump gimmick.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13350 on: February 22, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »

Hell, I can say without a shadow of a doubt I starting watching TNA for the Canadian Destroyer - no joke

Erm you do know the Canadian Destroyer relies on his opponants more than him, basically if it goes good Williams will get the credit while if its bad it won't be his fault.  Roll Eyes

He was OK, don't think WWE will get him. I don't think he would amount to much there plus theres much more talented people already wating to be called up/just been called up aka Tyson Kidd, DH Smith (check out his Heel persona in FCW), Gabriel and Ziggler.

By TNA's stars do you mean the main eventers TNA have produced such as Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13351 on: February 22, 2009, 08:26:30 AM »

Erm you do know the Canadian Destroyer relies on his opponants more than him, basically if it goes good Williams will get the credit while if its bad it won't be his fault.  Roll Eyes

He was OK, don't think WWE will get him. I don't think he would amount to much there plus theres much more talented people already wating to be called up/just been called up aka Tyson Kidd, DH Smith (check out his Heel persona in FCW), Gabriel and Ziggler.

By TNA's stars do you mean the main eventers TNA have produced such as Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner?

Plus Petey will never be allowed to do that move in WWE.... not a chance!

and as far as bleeding stars goes i think Slash666 says it right. Really only AJ & Joe are TNA stars.... the others were made by someone else and lets face it getting on.

Having said that the same could be said for WWE.

I watched a TNA PPV yesterday (admittdly not sure which one) but it just reaffirmed what i already knew.... the most talented guys IMO have been somewhat swalloed up with bigger names arriving. So much potential there but there is something not quite right with their product. I could watch AJ Styles all day and i'm a fan of guys like Lethal, Angle, MCMG but just like Izzys point about Taker and how he doesn't seem that feared... well i can't believe some of the older names are so central to their product as i feel TNA original sucess was guys like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles and Joe and i think they should have built on that rather than go down the route they have .... but thats just my opinion

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13352 on: February 22, 2009, 10:22:46 AM »

Your about as dumb as they come arent you?

Wrestling is two (or more people) executing carefully choregraphed moves

Everything depends on anothers contribution

Its not real - you do know that right? You have noticed the way the other guy positions himself during a move?

Did you think a hanging suplex was down to magic? Steroids? Clever camera angles?

Back to school for you!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #13353 on: February 22, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »

Look how close we are to 100,000 page views for this thread.

What a milestone.  Smiley
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13354 on: February 22, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »

Your about as dumb as they come arent you?

Wrestling is two (or more people) executing carefully choregraphed moves

Everything depends on anothers contribution

Its not real - you do know that right? You have noticed the way the other guy positions himself during a move?

Did you think a hanging suplex was down to magic? Steroids? Clever camera angles?

Back to school for you!

Wow, talk about misinformed and utterly repugnant! I spent 2 years participating in wrestling shows so I think I know a fair bit more than you oh great one.

The point I was trying to make (not that you care cause your probably reciting chatup lines to your mirror as we speak...and being downed) was that Canadian Destroyer, while impressive to watch, is a pretty lazy move for him as all he has to do is lean forward. Hence the whole he wouldn't get blamed if botched.

Now change your nappy & let the grownups chat.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #13355 on: February 22, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »

ive seen a 50year old man do a canadian destoryer...beleieve me and slash666 its all on the person taking it

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13356 on: February 22, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

Didn't Melina do a Canadian Destroyer-type thing recently or does my memory serve me wrong??

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13357 on: February 22, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »

Didn't Melina do a Canadian Destroyer-type thing recently or does my memory serve me wrong??
Trevor Murdoch, easily confused   Tongue
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13358 on: February 22, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

^Ah, I see.....

OK, I'm sure Melina did some kind of flippy-spinny thing recently but maybe it wasn't a Canadian Destroyer. It was something though. That's as detailed as I can get...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13359 on: February 22, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »

Plus Petey will never be allowed to do that move in WWE.... not a chance!

and as far as bleeding stars goes i think Slash666 says it right. Really only AJ & Joe are TNA stars.... the others were made by someone else and lets face it getting on.

Having said that the same could be said for WWE.

I watched a TNA PPV yesterday (admittdly not sure which one) but it just reaffirmed what i already knew.... the most talented guys IMO have been somewhat swalloed up with bigger names arriving. So much potential there but there is something not quite right with their product. I could watch AJ Styles all day and i'm a fan of guys like Lethal, Angle, MCMG but just like Izzys point about Taker and how he doesn't seem that feared... well i can't believe some of the older names are so central to their product as i feel TNA original sucess was guys like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles and Joe and i think they should have built on that rather than go down the route they have .... but thats just my opinion

Sure Petey can do that in WWE. Did u forget that  Trevor Murdoch briefly stole it and did a very shitty version of it?

TNA have some stars in the making

Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Robert Roode, MCMG, Jay Lethal is also an excellent wrestler.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: