Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829465 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #13320 on: February 17, 2009, 11:02:09 AM »

Looks like Austin will be the legend that will put Jericho in his place.

Would still prefer Rourke though.  Sad

I don't see Austin getting back in the ring...JR and Austin himself (I think I remember right...) have both said it would be near impossible for him to wrestle again. Maybe he's giving it one last go for this WM25, but I couldn't see him risking his health especially with his back and neck and everything.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13321 on: February 17, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »

A super PPV was followed by a really good RAW which helped get things rolling for 'Mania.

Edge and Cena had a great bit of interaction to start the show....

....seeing HBK back to his happy, comical self was good to see "Don't you just hate it when people do that..."  hihi And the prospect of him and Undertaker  drool

Triple H looked stupid channeling the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior (I say spirit, don't worry, Warrior isn't dead), but the prospect of him and Orton, one on one, I think they'll pull it out of the bag.

Roddy Piper gave his best promo in years, clearly he wasn't acting much it really was all from the heart and Jericho's heel persona continues to soar...

As Gnrfan said, we have one hell of a good card on our hands.

With....

Edge vs John Cena, Triple H vs Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy, Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho vs "A Legend".  For some reason the prospect of Jack Swagger vs Christian just seems a bit "Meh", I guess it just pales in comparison to everything else so far.

So with a Money In The Bank a given, assuming they try and put eight people in, who gets the spots, at the moment many midcard to top line people are available:

John Morrison
The Miz
Vladimir Kozlov
Umaga
R-Truth
The Great Khali
Shelton Benjamin
MVP
Kane
John Bradshaw Layfield
Finlay
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Ted Dibiase
Kofi Kingston
The Brian Kendrick
Rey Mysterio
William Regal
Evan Bourne
Mr. Kennedy
Big Show
Carlito

Out of those, for me I could cut it down to: Miz, Morrison, MVP, Benjamin, Mysterio, Punk, Dibiase, Rhodes, Bourne and Kennedy.  Maybe Dibiase and Rhodes will remain lackeys and the other eight will be the competitors.

Even with eight of those in MITB and maybe a Tag Title and/or a US/IC Title match, there are many established names who look set for the Pre-Show Battle Royal, especially since we are bound to have a Divas contest.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13322 on: February 17, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25. As always during WrestleMania season, things can change at the drop of a dime, but these are the current plans:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding the possibility of Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, it has not yet been confirmed, but feelers have been sent Hogan's way about doing the match.

Source: PW Mania

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13323 on: February 17, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »

I taking it MITB is a given.

Man Edge vs Big Show would really suck on such a good card.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13324 on: February 17, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »

No Way Out was excellent - only the second PPV I would rate as better than disgraceful in the last 12 months

Twists and turns galore - Edge losing..and winning the title in the same night, cracks me up

I was surprised to see Triple H take the title - after so many defeats at Mania I felt certain he'd get his big win this year

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13325 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »

A super PPV was followed by a really good RAW which helped get things rolling for 'Mania.

Edge and Cena had a great bit of interaction to start the show....

....seeing HBK back to his happy, comical self was good to see "Don't you just hate it when people do that..."  hihi And the prospect of him and Undertaker  drool

Triple H looked stupid channeling the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior (I say spirit, don't worry, Warrior isn't dead), but the prospect of him and Orton, one on one, I think they'll pull it out of the bag.

Roddy Piper gave his best promo in years, clearly he wasn't acting much it really was all from the heart and Jericho's heel persona continues to soar...

As Gnrfan said, we have one hell of a good card on our hands.

With....

Edge vs John Cena, Triple H vs Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy, Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho vs "A Legend".  For some reason the prospect of Jack Swagger vs Christian just seems a bit "Meh", I guess it just pales in comparison to everything else so far.

So with a Money In The Bank a given, assuming they try and put eight people in, who gets the spots, at the moment many midcard to top line people are available:

John Morrison
The Miz
Vladimir Kozlov
Umaga
R-Truth
The Great Khali
Shelton Benjamin
MVP
Kane
John Bradshaw Layfield
Finlay
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Ted Dibiase
Kofi Kingston
The Brian Kendrick
Rey Mysterio
William Regal
Evan Bourne
Mr. Kennedy
Big Show
Carlito

Out of those, for me I could cut it down to: Miz, Morrison, MVP, Benjamin, Mysterio, Punk, Dibiase, Rhodes, Bourne and Kennedy.  Maybe Dibiase and Rhodes will remain lackeys and the other eight will be the competitors.

Even with eight of those in MITB and maybe a Tag Title and/or a US/IC Title match, there are many established names who look set for the Pre-Show Battle Royal, especially since we are bound to have a Divas contest.

I'm Praying for at least one Tag Title Match. I think Miz N Morrison are the premier tag team in wwe but who'd they'd face i have no idea. Maybe a few teams seeing as we have so many 1on1's.

I'd Like to see Punk, Shelton, Bourne, Kennedy, Umaga, Kofi & Rey in the MITB although i'm pretty sure that Koslov will be in there somewhere.

My fear is that Umaga, Koslov, Mark Henry, Kane, Big Show, Khali & JBL don't look to be fitting in to Mania at this point and you can be sure that some of them will be on there and my fear is they might put 2 or 3 in the MITB and ruin it.

I'd also like to see the Santino invitational.... in which he'd get pinned by every HOF finished off by Austin hihi

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25. As always during WrestleMania season, things can change at the drop of a dime, but these are the current plans:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Edge vs. Big Show (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

Source: PW Mania

Hogan vs Cena... personally i wouldn't want to see it although i'm sure the atmosphere would be buzzing. I would prefer to see Cena vs Edge. But Edge vs Big Show would be a horrible call IMO for Mania.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13326 on: February 17, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »

Edge v Big Show? Big Show shouldnt even be on the card - let alone main eventing for the title!

Cena v Hogan - face v face - never works

However,

Why not Hogan v Taker? That would be intresting at the very least

Triple H v Orton - argh, Orton is SO BORING

I dont want Triple H switching brands - i'm off to see Smackdown in April!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13327 on: February 17, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

If you think its gonna be equal fan support i think you'd be wrong. If it happens Cena will be booed with every punch he makes.

[/color]

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13328 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »

Rock vs Hogan
Jeff Hardy vs Triple H

These are the best two examples. Rock vs Hogan worked because of the amazing atmosphere. Hardy vs HHH worked because the wrestling was fantastic. I could list more but you get the point. Most things have the ability to work with the proper booking.

Why not Hogan v Taker? That would be intresting at the very least
It's been done. It was terrible. Incase you need reminding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCT7rawj04

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13329 on: February 17, 2009, 06:59:02 PM »

I could list more but you get the point.
Hogan vs Warrior 'Mania VI is an all time classic to, the atmosphere that face vs face battles have created over the years, superb!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13330 on: February 17, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »

Cena vs Michaels & Taker vs Batista from WM23 called, they said your wrong.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #13331 on: February 17, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »

I could list more but you get the point.
Hogan vs Warrior 'Mania VI is an all time classic to, the atmosphere that face vs face battles have created over the years, superb!

Or otherwise! I know that I have mentioned it before, but Lesnar Goldberg was an absolute mess made fantastic by the crowd reaction.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13332 on: February 18, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »

Edge/Big Show at WM? Really??

It does look like it'll be HHH/Orton and Edge/Cena, both matches we've seen before. WM main events are usually matches we haven't had before, but this year it looks like both of them will have been done before...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13333 on: February 18, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »

Hogan vs. Rock at WM 18 might have had the greatest crowd response in the history of WM....yes I know they tried to push Hogan as a heel going into it, but nobody bought into it....it was  face vs. face...and Hogan vs. Warrior  had a great crowd reaction...then again it might just be the fans up in toronto that dig that sort of thing....in any event face vs. face COULD work if executed properly, but that is not the easiest thing to do....like I said Hogan vs. Rock was pretty much an accident
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13334 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:15 PM »

Hogan vs. Rock at WM 18 might have had the greatest crowd response in the history of WM....yes I know they tried to push Hogan as a heel going into it, but nobody bought into it....it was  face vs. face...and Hogan vs. Warrior  had a great crowd reaction...then again it might just be the fans up in toronto that dig that sort of thing....in any event face vs. face COULD work if executed properly, but that is not the easiest thing to do....like I said Hogan vs. Rock was pretty much an accident

Hogan was a heel in that match

Crowd reaction alone doesnt make u a face or a heel - Triple H was cheered throughout his career as a heel

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13335 on: February 18, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »

Crowd reaction alone doesnt make u a face or a heel - Triple H was cheered throughout his career as a heel

I think what people are trying to say is that face vs face works when its a big occasion and the atmosphere is that good. Generally as a rule face vs heel works better. But this is Wrestlemania and i think when you have two massive stars like Cena and Hogan the occasion alone would make it work. But i'd still prefer to see Edge vs Cena,

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13336 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »

Everyone in Toronto was booing The Rock though.

Hogan may have been booked as a heel, but he sure was being cheered as if he were a face.
Ah but by that logic Cena's been a heel in many areas for years and years....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13337 on: February 20, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »

Hogan may have been booked as a heel, but he sure was being cheered as if he were a face.

All a heel really is is someone the audience hates, so yeah, Cena probably does constitute a heel for many people.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13338 on: February 20, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »

All a heel really is is someone the audience hates, so yeah, Cena probably does constitute a heel for many people.
I still think a proper Cena heel turn can be big down the line.  To all the little kids that adore him it could get them on a Hogan scale.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13339 on: February 20, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »

I still think a proper Cena heel turn can be big down the line.  To all the little kids that adore him it could get them on a Hogan scale.

You just know that'll be when he starts getting cheered. Tongue

A thought: what reaction would a heel Cena get if he were fighting Shawn Michaels in Canada??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: