Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828824 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13260 on: February 05, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »

HHH vs HBK was ok at first but than even that sucked.
You didn't enjoy their Summerslam 2002 battle?  Their RAW end of the year match where Michaels thought he'd won the title but hadn't.  Their Last Man Standing draw, their Hell In A Cell battle?  I always thought when they did battle they worked perfectly together.

Admittedly he had a rough patch and was too jacked up and held the belt for too long, the Steiner and Booker T matches were very poor.
Evolution
« Reply #13261 on: February 05, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »

To throw my hat in the Triple H debate, he's had or has been a part of some quality matches ever since the Brand Extension that people have mentioned. Remember though, that he lost in the Wrestlemania main event three years in a row, gave Shelton Benjamin several wins (that weren't clean, but consider what momentum Benjamin had at the time) and pretty much made Batista.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13262 on: February 05, 2009, 07:28:31 PM »

It's been awhile since I looked at HHH's WrestleMania record, but I'm almost positive his record is 6-7.

If he only cared about his own career, I doubt he'd have layed down so many times at the biggest event of the year.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13263 on: February 06, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »

I feel like I've been Slim Jimmed to death.

I've been sorting out the Nitro's I downloaded, turns out the commercials were left in....

Macho Man spent more time doing commercials than he did appearing on tv....they never stop with the damn Slim Jim ads  hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXTagE7BtRU&feature=related

Yeeeeaaaah Dig It?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13264 on: February 07, 2009, 05:55:09 PM »

Just got finished watching TNA from 2 weeks ago when the MEM took over

booker's commentating had me rolling!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13265 on: February 08, 2009, 06:54:50 AM »

Just got finished watching TNA from 2 weeks ago when the MEM took over

booker's commentating had me rolling!

Booker didnt do commentary, Black Snow did Wink

It was good of him to take time out of his busy schedule to do that for TNA

Strangely Booker has now adopted Black Snow's accent meaning Booker has had 3 different accents in the last 12 months

Its all I can do to keep up! hihi

Thought TNA this week was very medicore - and once again a TNA ppv has me wondering at the booking

Ref vs Booker T for a made up title?!

Creed and Leathal vs Beer Money?

I do belive the 4 way for the title is genius - love the whole dynamic of it being effectively 2 teams vs 4 egos

...i'm certain the whole Sting V Angle bit is a ploy - at the last second Angle will lie down for a Sting victory. I think its much too soon to lose Sting from MEM - but of course when he does quit for the Frontline, it will make TNA truly electric

Really please that we have the old Abyss back - punching thumbtacks is just the kind of gimmick to wake wrestling up. In a post piledriver world 2 guys beating each other up has rarely seemed so obsessed with health and safety

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13266 on: February 08, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »

According to multiple reports, Chris Jericho was involved in an altercation with multiple fans as he was leaving the arena following yesterday's Raw brand house show in Victoria, British Columbia. A female fan spat on him while he was getting into his car, which provoked an incensed Jericho to strike at the girl and knock her to the ground. At that point, a man in the crowd rushes in to attack Jericho, but he shoves him away. It then turns into a melee, and Jericho can he heard scolding security to do their job.

and here's the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnPUegD9f4

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13267 on: February 08, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »

Poor Chris - the wankers u have to deal with...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13268 on: February 08, 2009, 03:06:05 PM »

^They'll probably turn it into an angle or something....

On another note, the Orton/McMahon match at NWO should be good. Shane's always good in matches with no DQs (Test, Vince, Show, Kane etc.).

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #13269 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »

According to multiple reports, Chris Jericho was involved in an altercation with multiple fans as he was leaving the arena following yesterday's Raw brand house show in Victoria, British Columbia. A female fan spat on him while he was getting into his car, which provoked an incensed Jericho to strike at the girl and knock her to the ground. At that point, a man in the crowd rushes in to attack Jericho, but he shoves him away. It then turns into a melee, and Jericho can he heard scolding security to do their job.

and here's the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnPUegD9f4

OMG...it's Axl Rose!!!

"Security..him..that guy...over there..."

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13270 on: February 09, 2009, 12:13:36 PM »

^They'll probably turn it into an angle or something....
Rosa Mendes does a run in from the crowd tonight and takes a Codebreaker for her troubles  Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13271 on: February 09, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »

truth be told, it was probably a female Indy worker, he shoved down

Jericho wouldn't do that and risk the lawsuit

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13272 on: February 09, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

What?

Jericho is rich

Jericho is white

Jericho is supported by a large WHITE corporation

What do you REALLY believe will happen?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13273 on: February 09, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »

Yeah but he was in his car driving, why would he stop and get out?

now they have him beating up divas.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13274 on: February 09, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »

I hope some of you guys call in tonight!

Monday Night Mayhem's Seven-Year Anniversary Special (Featuring Elijah Burke's First Post-WWE Interview, Chavo "Classic Guerrero, Sr., WWE No Way Out PPV Preview w/Scott Hudson, Jim Molineaux, & The History Of WWE.com's Graham Cawthon, TNA Against All Odds PPV Fallout Coverage w/"Wild" Bill Brown & WrestleView's Adam Martin, "Unscripted" With Ed Atlas, & Surprise Call-In's From Some Of The Mayhem's Finest Guests From Years Past!)

It's time to celebrate fans, as "Your Home Of Wrestling Radio" proudly celebrates a historic milestone. Join The Mayhem Crew (The Big Mosh, Blade, Chaz, & DFL) LIVE this Monday night, February 9th (beginning @ 8PM ET/7PM CT), for the Monday Night Mayhem Seven-Year Anniversary Special! Get ready for the best & most-diverse lineup of the entire year, which will feature some surprise call-in's from the best guests in MNM history, a look back at some of the best moments & memories in The Mayhem's seven years on the air, plus so much more!
Let it be known that as part of the anniversary festivities, The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network will transform into "The Elijah Experience." In his first post-WWE interview, former ECW superstar & OVW Champion, Elijah Burke, will join The Mayhem Crew for a worldwide exclusive. The self-professed "Silver?Tongued Pugilist" will step into The Mayhem's squared circle to discuss his career within World Wrestling Entertainment, including his run atop the ranks in Extreme Championship, leading The New Breed into WrestleMania 23, his feud with CM Punk, working with former MMA fighter, Sylvester Terkay (and why their pairing was short-lived), & what lies ahead for "The Guiding Light." Is TNA or Ring Of Honor in his future. "The Black Pope" will be conducting services LIVE this Monday night, and we promise one of the most-exciting interviews for The Mayhem Nation in 2009!

This Sunday night, World Wrestling Entertainment returns to Pay-Per-View with its final-stop before WrestleMania XXV. The Mayhem's National WWE PPV Correspondent team of Scott Hudson, Jim Molineaux, & The History Of WWE.com's Graham Cawthon will join the show to preview the annual February WWE tradition, No Way Out. Both the WWE & World Heavyweight Championships will be defended in the Elimination Chamber, "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton goes one-on-one with Shane McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels will attempt to get his freedom from JBL in an "All Or Nothing" Match, & Jack Swagger looks to continue his reign as ECW Champion against Finlay. As part of our preview coverage of WWE's No Way Out, we will be giving away an official Monday Night Mayhem/WWE prize pack, featuring a DVD copy of the all-new "Best Of Saturday Night's Main Event" DVD (courtesy: www.TicketRelief.com), plus an official Monday Night Mayhem T-Shirt. Give us your NWO PPV predictions/thoughts by dialing up The Mayhem Line (presented by Old Time Wrestling) @ (877-666-2110), by e-mailing the show @ MondayNightMayhem@hotmail.com, or by contacting The Mayhem Crew via the program's official MySpace page (presented by www.TicketRelief.com), located @ www.MySpace.com/MondayNightMayhem. Your most-in-depth coverage of No Way Out can only be found on The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network! Plus, the man behind ReelWrestling.com, Chris Walsh, will feel The Mayhem Live to discuss the tremendous of the RW project, plus give us all of the latest on Chris Jericho being assaulted by fans at a WWE house show in Victoria, British Columbia this past Saturday afternoon.
We are indeed feeling the fallout of TNA's Against All Odds PPV. The Mayhem's National TNA Correspondents, "Wild" Bill Brown & WrestleView.com's Adam Martin will join Mosh, Blade, Chaz, & DFL to cover all of the aftermath of the second TNA Pay-Per-View of 2009, in addition to the latest injury updates on Sting, Matt Morgan, & Christy Hemme, as the road to Destination X has officially begun. As part of our fallout coverage of TNA's Against All Odds PPV, we will be giving away an official TNA Against All Odds event T-Shirt to one lucky listener (courtesy: TNA Wrestling). Give us your AAO Pay-Per-View post-show thoughts & comments by dialing up The Mayhem Line (presented by Old Time Wrestling) @ (877-666-2110), e-mailing the program @ MondayNightMayhem@hotmail.com, or by contacting The Mayhem Crew via the show's official MySpace page (presented by www.TicketRelief.com), located @ www.MySpace.com/MondayNightMayhem.

And if that isn't enough anniversary goodness for The Mayhem Nation, former WWE Cruiserweight Champion & member of the legendary Guerrero family, Chavo Guerrero, Sr. will return to the MNM airwaves! The man simply known as "Classic" will step back into The Mayhem's squared circle to reflect back on his greatest show memories & the impact that Monday Night Mayhem has left on the wrestling community across the globe. Plus what anniversary show would be complete without an all-new edition of "Unscripted" With Ed Atlas. Ed has promised a very special announcement for the live listening audience, plus preview forthcoming editions of the new debate segment on The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network. All of this & so much more!

Get ready to crank up your Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" and/or your Guns 'N' Roses "Chinese Democracy," because it's time to indeed have some fun LIVE this Monday night. A three-hour part heads your way, beginning at 8PM ET/7PM CT!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13275 on: February 09, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »

Yeah but he was in his car driving, why would he stop and get out?

Because he was at a stop sign and some "fans" got infront of his car and wouldn't move. To be honest that girl deserved what she got, I'm not saying hitting girls is ok but some take advantage of that. Jericho did what he had to - Self-defence - and all those fans were being idiots, I mean come on Jericho is just doing his job at the show what he is paid for, people often forget that after the cameras stop rolling the wrestlers are back to being themselves.

...Ironic thing, the girl was wearing a John Cena t-shirt!  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13276 on: February 09, 2009, 05:00:31 PM »

HHH vs HBK was ok at first but than even that sucked.
You didn't enjoy their Summerslam 2002 battle?  Their RAW end of the year match where Michaels thought he'd won the title but hadn't.  Their Last Man Standing draw, their Hell In A Cell battle?  I always thought when they did battle they worked perfectly together.

Admittedly he had a rough patch and was too jacked up and held the belt for too long, the Steiner and Booker T matches were very poor.

HHH vs. HBK was good but it went on and off for like 2 years and it just seemed to much. The summerslam 2002 battle was good. But the Hell in a Cell I wasnt to fond of. That Last Man Standing draw was decent. But by than was just sick of seeing HHH at all. 03 was a horrible year for him. And 04 didnt get much better.

Like I said I liked trips in the begining. And I dont care if the guy lost 3 straight wrestlemania main events. My problem was him being in 3 straight wrestlemania main events. And that rough patch you speak of hammy lasted like 2 years, hell he hasnt been the same since.

HHH has had some classic matches. I loved HHH vs. The Rock Iron Man. I loved HBK vs. HHH Summerslam 02. I loved HHH vs. Cactus Jack at Royal rumble (2000 I think) just to name a few. I liked his stuff with Stone Cold and Undertaker. Even enjoyed some of the stuff he did with Jericho. I enjoyed several of the fueds he had. But after he gets the title back from HBK at Armageddon 02 in that Three Stages of Hell match, he goes into a year, hell longer than a year where he just phones it in and is in some pretty horrible matches. Now a days his matches are decent but nothing spectacular.

I think of the best matches I've seen over the last 2 years and he's not in one. Hell I cant remember the last match HHH was in where I said WoW what a match. The guy was good. But maybe its just those years where it was just him that left a sour taste in my mouth. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13277 on: February 11, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »

Ohh, Steiner screwdriver was old school....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13278 on: February 12, 2009, 03:26:53 AM »

What?

Jericho is rich

Jericho is white

I believe he would be FUCKED, for all the reasons you listed....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13279 on: February 12, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »

What?

Jericho is rich

Jericho is white

I believe he would be FUCKED, for all the reasons you listed....

Your clearly not paying enough attention

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: