Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827851 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13080 on: January 09, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »

Quote from: WWE.com
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars D-Lo Brown and Val Venis, and ECW Superstar Bam Neely as of Jan. 9, 2009. WWE wishes them the best in all future endeavors.

Today is a very sad day for this Attitude era fan...

Cry
Ah bollocks!  There goes my idea for an "Attitude Era We Want Our Spot Back" Stable.  Sad
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13081 on: January 09, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »

Add Kevin Thorne, Tim White & Jim Kordereas to that list thus far.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13082 on: January 09, 2009, 08:15:58 PM »

Didn't Tim White kill himself?  hihi

Fuck! Thorn?  The only one more gutted than me about that will be BlowUpYourVideo....
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #13083 on: January 09, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »

not jim!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13084 on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:43 PM »

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars D-Lo Brown and Val Venis, and ECW Superstar Bam Neely as of Jan. 9, 2009. WWE wishes them the best in all future endeavors.

Cry

D'Lo Brown was NEVER good, he always sucked....Val Venis was good for 5 minutes...back in 1996
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13085 on: January 10, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »

There was massive rumors of them making Val Venis a road agent. Apparently he is very well liked in the company. So this is a surprize. As usual, cant believe everything you hear. Though you never know, they may bring him back once hes healthy again.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13086 on: January 10, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »

Speaking of which, brand new, for a bargain ?4.99 off play.com I got the Rob Van Dam DVD, arrived in the post today  Cheesy:

There's nobody in sports entertainment like Rob Van Dam. Period. Opponents and fans alike expect the unexpected when the self-proclaimed "Whole F'n Show" strikes with his high-flying, martial arts-based style.Follow his amazing career on this 2-disc, 6-hour journey from WCW, to ECW, and finally, WWE, with 16 complete matches, hosted and introduced by RVD himself. Plus...over an hour of bonus features, interviews, promos and more. RVD truly is ONE OF A KIND.

vs. Pat Rose
(WCW Saturday Night 23/01/93)

vs. Scotty Flamingo
(WCW Worldwide 08/02/93)

vs. Axl Rotten
(ECW Hardcore TV 05/01/96)

vs. Sabu
(ECW Hostile City Showdown 20/04/96)

vs. Sabu
(ECW Hardcore Heaven 22/06/96)

Sabu & RVD vs. The Eliminators
(ECW Crossing The Line 01/02/97)

vs. Lance Storm
(ECW Barely Legal 13/04/97)

vs. Jeff Hardy
(Raw 12/05/97)

vs. Tommy Dreamer
(ECW November 2 Remember 30/11/97)

vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
(ECW Hardcore TV 04/04/98)

vs. Jerry Lynn
(ECW Living Dangerously 21/03/99)

vs. Balls Mahoney
(ECW Anarchy Rulz 16/09/99)

vs. Jerry Lynn
(ECW Guilty as Charged 07/01/01)

vs. Jeff Hardy
(WWE Invasion 22/07/01)

vs. Chris Jericho
(WWE King of the Ring 23/06/02)

vs. Christian
(Raw 29/09/03)

Always enjoyed this guy in TNA though I don't know how he'll fit into WWE, fingers crossed it isn't as Jimmy Wang Yang's estranged bro.  Cowboy Ki!

I can't believe you're only getting this now, the RVD DVD is one of the best wrestling DVD's the WWE has ever released. There isn't a dull moment throughout the whole thing.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13087 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:12 AM »

Smackdown was surprisngly good this week and continues to be vastly superior to Raw in terms of wrestlers, matches, storylines and presentation

...infact I'm tempted to say that it should be RAW that should be axed and Smackdown that continues

...lol ''RAW'' - they say ''intestinal fortitude'' instead of ''testicular fortitude'' - ohhh so edgy Roll Eyes

I liked McCool's Styles Clash - though one wonders if that was a homage to AJ Styles or an attempt at humilation

I've seen Umaga do a Black Hole Slam (and Jim Ross call it) but it seems both companies want to avoid infringing on the others moves

Really getting excited by this Jeff Hardy storyline

Hell we all KNOW Matt Hardy is involved but played well this could be as intresting as who ran over Austin'

I think we need a few false finishes with it - have Edge or Triple H framed for it, setting up a match at NO WAY OUT only for the truth to appear...just before 'Mania (how convenient)

..though Matt vs Jeff in the main event at Mania....I can only see that working if Triple H and Undertaker square off against each other

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:02:37 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13088 on: January 10, 2009, 12:31:27 PM »

Err how do we KNOW it's Matt? I think the general opinion was Christian, which would make sense since there not even hinting Matt anymore and also due to Edge's involvement.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #13089 on: January 10, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »

Cry

D'Lo Brown was NEVER good, he always sucked....Val Venis was good for 5 minutes...back in 1996

D'Lo Brown had the charisma and connection with the fans to make it. He was the first ever Eurocontinental Champion and even had an in-ring segment with Ben Stiller at one point. Although people on the booking squad (and D'Lo himself) will say otherwise, his push never continued after the Droz incident, which is of course very unfair.

As for Val Venis, he was another guy who was making headway in late '99 only for the push to halt. Venis of course didn't slide down the card as quick, but regardless it happened. He was saddled with the European Title, only to have no feuds over it and job to the rising Kurt Angle. His 2nd IC Title reign only seemed to serve the resultant heel turn of Eddie Guerrero and from there on it was just down and down.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13090 on: January 10, 2009, 01:53:31 PM »

Err how do we KNOW it's Matt? I think the general opinion was Christian, which would make sense since there not even hinting Matt anymore and also due to Edge's involvement.
Yeah I thought everyone was assuming it was Christian aswell.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13091 on: January 10, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »

Well the dirtsheets are, I mean if we didn't view the internet would we really be thinking that?

Matt would be a great option as his heel run before I loved, and its a back-up plan if Christian hasn't/doesn't sign.  But it wouldn't make much sense since he aided his bro in winning the title, so if he was behind the attacks, why would he attack him so he missed one show, help him with the belt, then attack him again, unless its gonna turn out he's bi-polar or something.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13092 on: January 10, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »

Well the dirtsheets are, I mean if we didn't view the internet would we really be thinking that?

Possibly I'd say, it would depend though to if you viewed TNA really. Christian getting written out & Jeff getting attacked within a certain time period could spark an idea that he return to help his best friend/brother win the title back.

Although I do get your point, which sometimes makes think what state wrestling would be in without the dirtsheets i.e. how much it's damaged the overall product and also how alot of peoples enjoyment of the product has been affected.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13093 on: January 10, 2009, 04:43:39 PM »

Is it just me or was that "cell phone footage" on Smackdown basically the same as the "police car footage" but in worse quality and from a different angle?? They said they were going to show the accident dammit!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Evolution
« Reply #13094 on: January 10, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »

Is it just me or was that "cell phone footage" on Smackdown basically the same as the "police car footage" but in worse quality and from a different angle?? They said they were going to show the accident dammit!

Perhaps the person filming it is the more important thing?  Wink
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13095 on: January 10, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »

Why would they put Christian right into the main event scene?

..perhaps if he was doing it for Edge?

I just cant see WWE giving Christian a WWE title shot straight away - or ever.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13096 on: January 10, 2009, 07:33:03 PM »

Few months ago it was said Low-Ki would debut as an imposter Rey Mysterio (Rey's idea) wonder if it'll still happen, could produce some great matches.

Why would they put Christian right into the main event scene?

..perhaps if he was doing it for Edge?

I just cant see WWE giving Christian a WWE title shot straight away - or ever.....

Who said anything about a title shot, this is just a way to get the title off Hardy without damaging his character and also gaining heat for Edge & the attacker, it's win-win.

I think Christian will definitely have to prove himself as a top star before being rewarded, exactly like Jericho last year. Will be interesting to see what happens with him but being with Edge could either make or break him.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #13097 on: January 10, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »

If they do the heel lackey gimmick too long it'll kill him and at the very best he'll take the ECW Title off of Matt Hardy. I think a post-Backlash time face turn on Edge with the WWE Title at stake will be the best chance for him this year.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13098 on: January 11, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »

I called it when it first happened that matt Hardy is gonna do the jealous brother angle and it would be fucking GOLD for WWE. Unfortunately they are too fucking dumb these days to know a good angle if it bit them in the ass.

our luck it will turn out to be HHH or something

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13099 on: January 11, 2009, 04:58:01 AM »

I always thought if one Hardy would turn heel it'll be Jeff.

All this face paint stuff would suit it too. Personally i can't see Matt turning on his brother. They don't need to do that for them to have series of quality matches. it could happen half way through but not at the beginning.

With Christian supposedly coming too there is really some potential there for Edge/Christian vs Hardys... not as tag teams but as individuals. What about Edge beating Jeff at RR due to Christian interference then at Mania TLC match for both WWE & ECW belts. If Edge / Christian wins Edge retains and Christian becomes ECW champion if Hardys win Matt Retains and Jeff wins WWE. What a WM Main event that would be.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: