Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:24:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826875 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12980 on: December 14, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »

My theory on Jeff Hardy

I think he was attacked by Matt Hardy.

Miz and Morrison had the dirt  sheet with their insults how Matt has always been 2nd best to his brother etc. That shit happens for a reason. Jeff is getting these main events and all this publicity with HHH. Matt was always thought of as the Marty Jannetty

so Matt attacks Jeff and leads to the feud of 2009.

There will be some hotel surveillance video that will surface.

Matt will give the great heel interview, how he feels Jeff just isn't ready for that responsibility. how he needs to get his life together etc etc etc.

Huge betrayal angle FOR THE WIN!

Vince should fucking hire us on here i swear.
Bah! It's Christian and/or Tomko  Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12981 on: December 14, 2008, 10:53:34 PM »

WOW

Hammy u gotta change your year ending shit

U just saw the match of the year right there

I never thought I could be swerved that hard in a million years.

I started thinking "Maybe" and after Kozlov pushed him off, I was like Nah...........

Then!

HOLY SHIT I marked out big time!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #12982 on: December 14, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »

I'm losing it. Jeff winning comes not even a week after I was speaking to a guy from College, and saying that I reckoned he'd get a long probation style run in WWE...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12983 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »

U just saw the match of the year right there
Nah, I saw a very good match  Tongue

Overall really good event. Every match was enjoyable aside from the Diva crap.  The awful HBK angle they are running and Khali segment dragged things down a bit but that stuff aside, really, one of the best events of the year.  Punk and Mysterio had a cracking match!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12984 on: December 15, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

Flair/Micheals had a great sentimental ending but come on. that shit was straight Attitude Era and the best swerve of the year.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12985 on: December 15, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »

Vince should fucking hire us on here i swear.

The fans would get confused with the sudden Festus/Repo Man feud taking up all the airtime. Cheesy

ALTHOUGH.... Festus had a brief career as a repo man earlier in the year, perhaps the original Repo Man takes offense and sets out to prove who the one, true wrestling repo man is. The feud culminates at Wrestlemania in a.... Overalls On A Pole Match?? Sounds good to me.

You're right, he should hire us.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12986 on: December 15, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »

Hardy as champ?

Has anyone not won the title at some point??

From '87 to '01 there cant have been 6 people who took the title, we've had lord knows how many champions just this year!

EDIT: opps mean '97
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:57:12 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12987 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »

Hardys only the 3rd.  Wink

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12988 on: December 15, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »

Hardy as champ?

Has anyone not won the title at some point??

Christian comes to mind.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12989 on: December 16, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

This year

Edge
Triple H
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton
Jericho x2
Batista
Cena
Undertaker
CM PUNK

Who am i missing?

Of the ''big guns'' - who didnt have it this year at some point?

Big Show? (big gun?)
Kane (defo not)
Mysterio (oh hell no)
JBL (your kidding right?)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12990 on: December 16, 2008, 02:40:03 PM »

This year

Edge
Triple H
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton
Jericho x2
Batista
Cena
Undertaker
CM PUNK

Who am i missing?

Of the ''big guns'' - who didnt have it this year at some point?

Big Show? (big gun?)
Kane (defo not)
Mysterio (oh hell no)
JBL (your kidding right?)
Aye thats with both titles. Thats not really a big deal. But yeah, I thought you were only referring to the WWE title.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12991 on: December 16, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »

I managed to sit through about 20 minutes of RAW last night.

And it happened to be the HBK segment (where he came out, whined how poor he is, and took JBL's job offer).

Ughhh.

It's no wonder I've bailed on WWE's regular programming.....If I were watching the show, begining to end, that bit would have made me change the channel in 30 seconds.  What the fuck is Vince trying to do?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12992 on: December 16, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »

I managed to sit through about 20 minutes of RAW last night.

And it happened to be the HBK segment (where he came out, whined how poor he is, and took JBL's job offer).

Ughhh.

It's no wonder I've bailed on WWE's regular programming.....If I were watching the show, begining to end, that bit would have made me change the channel in 30 seconds.  What the fuck is Vince trying to do?

so your complaining when wwe try something new that might actualy have some promise to it...come on when was the last time they did an angle that could have such promise as this, have him not be able to afford entrance music and them use a generic libary song, it would work awsomly

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12993 on: December 17, 2008, 06:50:43 AM »

so your complaining when wwe try something new that might actualy have some promise to it...come on when was the last time they did an angle that could have such promise as this, have him not be able to afford entrance music and them use a generic libary song, it would work awsomly

I'm complaining because it was boring and because the idea is incredibly stupid as implemented.   

The concept might have promise, sure....variations of it have worked before (it's hardly brand spanking new!)....but the execution has sucked, big time.  HBK was AWFUL on the stick.  Add to that the fact there was absolutely no "fire" in the lines he was delivering...hell, I half expected him to stop in the middle and say "You know what, I can't do this.  It's stupid.  I've lost my smile" and storm out of the ring.  BOOOORING, and not going to keep me from changing the channel.

I also know there is a certain expectation of "suspension of disbelief" when watching wrestling but......this has "Mark Henry and Mae Young" written all over it.

You wanna run the angle with someone a bit more "2nd tier" to elevate them and it would likely work.  I can believe those guys might be hurting.  With HBK?  The guy who sells more merch than 99% of the rest of the roster?  They guy who signed a big, fat 5 year contract (1.5 million, gaurenteed) with the WWE, just 2 years ago?  Broke?  That's a little tough to swallow. 

This is a way to make HBK a "reluctant heal", leading to his eventual turn on JBL.  Simple as that.  And no, I don't see it as being particularly promising or creative or new...because we all know the eventual outcome.  We've seen it before with Ted Dibiase (Sr...The Million Dollar Man), with JJ Dillon "owning" someone's contract, and a slew of other incarnations before.  It's formulaic, at best with a very minor twist (and not one all that interesting).  At worst, it's just jumping on the latest headline and trying to shoehorn an angle into it...something Vince has done many times before. 

You may think it has promise.  Fair enough.  But for fan who's less interested in WWE ring now, who's channel surfing by.....the "launch" of the angle to the masses (since the "launch" the night before was for a smaller PPV audience) SUCKED.  Hardcore.  And it certainly didn't make me want to come back and see what's going to happen. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 06:53:29 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12994 on: December 17, 2008, 07:06:05 AM »

I'm complaining because it was boring and because the idea is incredibly stupid as implemented.   

The concept might have promise, sure....variations of it have worked before (it's hardly brand spanking new!)....but the execution has sucked, big time.  HBK was AWFUL on the stick.  Add to that the fact there was absolutely no "fire" in the lines he was delivering...hell, I half expected him to stop in the middle and say "You know what, I can't do this.  It's stupid.  I've lost my smile" and storm out of the ring.  BOOOORING, and not going to keep me from changing the channel.

I also know there is a certain expectation of "suspension of disbelief" when watching wrestling but......this has "Mark Henry and Mae Young" written all over it.

You wanna run the angle with someone a bit more "2nd tier" to elevate them and it would likely work.  I can believe those guys might be hurting.  With HBK?  The guy who sells more merch than 99% of the rest of the roster?  They guy who signed a big, fat 5 year contract (1.5 million, gaurenteed) with the WWE, just 2 years ago?  Broke?  That's a little tough to swallow. 

This is a way to make HBK a "reluctant heal", leading to his eventual turn on JBL.  Simple as that.  And no, I don't see it as being particularly promising or creative or new...because we all know the eventual outcome.  We've seen it before with Ted Dibiase (Sr...The Million Dollar Man), with JJ Dillon "owning" someone's contract, and a slew of other incarnations before.  It's formulaic, at best with a very minor twist (and not one all that interesting).  At worst, it's just jumping on the latest headline and trying to shoehorn an angle into it...something Vince has done many times before. 

You may think it has promise.  Fair enough.  But for fan who's less interested in WWE ring now, who's channel surfing by.....the "launch" of the angle to the masses (since the "launch" the night before was for a smaller PPV audience) SUCKED.  Hardcore.  And it certainly didn't make me want to come back and see what's going to happen. 

It sucks, no doubt, worse was that segment ruined an very good Armageddon PPV, well not ruined, just hit on its quality...

What you got on RAW was a smurfing repeat/recap.

The reluctant heel thing as you said has potential but going through this crap with some like HBK is just meh.

I mean I could see something like this.  Next week it's the four matches to earn a shot in the fatal 4 way #1 contender match.  HBK wins his match, JBL loses his but forces HBK to give him his spot, then JBL wins the fatal 4 way and gets the title shot at the Rumble.  During the Cena vs JBL match, we get a ref bump, HBK runs down looks to clock JBL but turns and lays out Cena.  He leaves to the back, JBL crawls over, gets a 2 count, Cena hulks up, wins and retains.  Next night on RAW JBL berates HBK for not doing his job properly, HBK finally snaps and they tangle at No Way Out, or we could be really unlucky and this is HBK's 'Mania feud, I mean they don't have much time to fit anything else in.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12995 on: December 17, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »

For all Kane's faults, he sure has a good taste in women hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12996 on: December 17, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

HBK broke - absurd

...but the angle would have worked really well for....er, perhaps CM PUNK?

RAW is the worst i think its ever been

Its been bad for years but this is the worst i've seen it

Smackdown is saved by a better rooster

....but does Smackdown bother with fueds anymore? Each week it seems like the matches are a lucky dip,

Booker: ''why not have Festus fight...er....Maria?''

Vince: 'next!'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12997 on: December 17, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »

Yeah WWE has slowly turned into WCW Thunder for sure.

It still has some moments where everything clicks and is awesome but damn when it misses, it misses hard.

Its like pickup wrestling.

U get to the arena and its just like random drawing matches out of a hat. U fight him, he fights u blah blah

On a side note, TNA is starting to get really terrible.  When companies start giving pushes to Announcers and referees......... thats just nearing the end of the line.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #12998 on: December 18, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »

I dont mind the HBK thing too much, but they do have to execute it properly....I mean we all know it is only a matter of time before Michaels drops sweet chin music on JBL, but I would like to see how the story progresses and if it gets any more interesting....I really did not notice how bad this segment was because I was already pissed off enough about Kane having his own spot with Kelly Kelly that made me want to slit my wrists....talk about a bad program....that along with John Cena's character continuing to be misused with the most corny lines I have ever heard in my life, and Batista's inability to complete a full sentence without fumbling half of his lines...Smackdown is the superior show right now, and I never thought I would say that....
Evolution
« Reply #12999 on: December 18, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

When companies start giving pushes to Announcers and referees......... thats just nearing the end of the line.

To be fair, Shane Sewell is a wrestler. It's just a new way to introduce him to fans.

13 thousand posts in here! We still have the most replied to active thread around HTGTH!  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: