Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:34:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826989 times)
Evolution
« Reply #12960 on: December 10, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i3j7FvnFuVk

What a classic prank!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #12961 on: December 10, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »

rofl That poor bastard!! rofl rofl

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12962 on: December 11, 2008, 06:58:36 AM »

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Shawn Michaels has pitched to wrestle The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 in Houston, Texas. Obviously 'Taker would go over Michaels but the feeling is that the payoff for both Superstars would be very nice.

'Taker is expected to be around full-time for at least another year or two.

drool

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12963 on: December 11, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »

Sounds good.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12964 on: December 11, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »

Would be intresting for sure...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12965 on: December 12, 2008, 12:22:03 PM »

The following is from WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Gene Snitsky as of today, December 11. WWE wishes Gene the best in all future endeavors.

Seems Mike Knox a much better version of the essentially same character now being on the same brand signal his time with the company was coming to an end.  No real surprise.  Bye-bye Gene  peace

Rarely seen Smackdown talent Ryan Braddock is reportedly set to debut a new gimmick soon. Creative has told him to get a hair cut and according to reports the gimmick will be an Elvis-like character similar to that of The Honky Tonk Man. It is unknown at this time whether or not creative has any long term plans for this gimmick, or if this is simply a short term idea to freshen up Braddock's appearance

They did this over ten years ago, he was called Rockabilly, and well, he flopped.  no  Saying that I found him amusing...  Grin
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:23:52 PM by Hammy » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12966 on: December 12, 2008, 04:05:22 PM »

With Snitsky gone thats one less piece of crap in WWE

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12967 on: December 12, 2008, 04:27:07 PM »

Think its time for our own wrestling awards for 2008

Who do we think has been the star of the year? Best match? etc?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:05:37 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12968 on: December 12, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »

^ Nice Idea:

Like:

Superstar of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Feud of the Year
Best Debut
Match of the Year
PPV of the Year
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12969 on: December 13, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »

Let's take a stab at it

Superstar of the Year

Awesome Kong

Your no doubt thinking 'what?!' but Awesome Kong has turned women's wrestling from coffee break time to a valued spot on the card

She has been fantastically booked, and her matches are intresting - after all, how the hell will her opponents win? A monster booked properly, its taken decades but its finally happened

Honourable mention:

Matt Morgan

'The Blueprint' - yeah whatever I would say

But now - he REALLY does have it all. He's got the height (lets face it - size matters in wrestling), he's got the strength and crucially he's got the agility - he's no creaky Undertaker or immobile Big Show, and he can talk on the mike

I have no trouble seeing him as a TNA champion very quickly. Turn him heel and he can be the next Brock Lesnar

Tag Team of the Year

Motor City Machine Guns are fantastic individually but even better together. Their speed and double team moves are amazing. Not sure about their current gimmick, but they can pull off just about anything

Honourable mention

Beer Money Inc
James Storm and Robert Roode work very well together - I think there is more to come from them too

Feud of the Year

AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle

Best Debut

Suicide! C'mon a guy dressed as a power ranger, full of rage and with a zip line - whats not to love? The tie in with the TNA game is clever too - I eagerly await what our latested masked friend can do, I hope he's got the moves.

Match of the Year

For some reason my memory goes blank on this one - seen many good TNA matches but cant put my finger on one in particular, though I do remember a series of superb Michaels vs Kennedy matches in early January

PPV of the Year

Unforgiven (the one with the championship scramble, right?). To be fair that was the ONLY PPV of the year I liked, the Championship Scramble was great and I remember this PPV being solid throughout

I'd give a 'Poor' or 'Terrible' to every other PPV this year, TNA or WWE. Wrestlemania was more intresting for its pyros.....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:46:10 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #12970 on: December 14, 2008, 04:24:02 AM »

it would be nice if Mike Knox went with him...Knox's fued with Mysterio and Bourne is even more pointless than Kanes ridiculous feud with Mysterio..but at least it was Kane....Do we really need to see Mike Knox every week? 
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12971 on: December 14, 2008, 07:12:06 AM »

it would be nice if Mike Knox went with him...Knox's fued with Mysterio and Bourne is even more pointless than Kanes ridiculous feud with Mysterio..but at least it was Kane....Do we really need to see Mike Knox every week? 
Come on with a beard like that the dudes a winner, over the years you always have to have some resident jobber....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12972 on: December 14, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »

^ Nice Idea:

Like:

Feud of the Year

Has to be HBK vs Y2J. Its the only choice in my opinion.

Santino has my vote for funny man of the year too. ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12973 on: December 14, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »

^ Nice Idea:

Like:

Feud of the Year

Not least because its been the ONLY feud of the year worth naming...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12974 on: December 14, 2008, 02:40:36 PM »

^ Nice Idea:

Like:

Feud of the Year

HHH vs Jeff Hardy has been good aswell, there matches never disappoint.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12975 on: December 14, 2008, 02:43:06 PM »

^ Nice Idea:

Like:

Feud of the Year

And Edge vs Taker...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12976 on: December 14, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »

And Edge vs Taker...
[/quote]

We're got three feuds from 12 months, well done WWE! Cry

On a side note - the Undertaker is the mysterious ''dead man'', a guy thats been murdered several times and killed Paul Bearer

...and he wears branded gloves....

am I the only one that thinks that somewhat conflicts with his gimmick?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12977 on: December 14, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »

Superstar of the Year

Chris Jericho

Yeah he came back looking like a moron, he'd cut his hair and at the start of the year he was in a dogged feud with JBL, thankfully in the run up to Wrestlemania things picked up for him.  He won the IC Strap cleanly in a really good bout with the suspended Jeff Hardy (who but for missing a good chunk of the year was my other consideration), performed well in a really enjoyable Money in the Bank at 'Mania and the next night defeated CM Punk in another good match, although this result was somewhat strange.

After initially taking a backseat in the Batista vs Shawn Michaels feud he gradually got more involved, stirring up trouble between the two at Judgment Day he and Shawn had a really good match followed by a taunted heel turn before he decided to just "shake hands".  After pretending to "help" Shawn in a Stretcher Match with Batista (when all he was doing was putting him back in the match for more punishment), he went on to turn heel in a great segment on RAW when he Marty Jannety'd Shawn Michaels.  Cheesy  At Night of Champions he had a forgettable match with Kofi Kingston with no prior promotion, dropping his title after Shawn ran-in costing him the belt, the match helped progress their feud, the title was an afterthrought. 

At The Great American Bash they had my favourite match of the feud when Jericho won by referee stoppage after Michaels could not continue, the over-acting that Shawn modelled on Flair I thought worked really well here and the heated feud got one bit better.  Selling the injury and making out he was going to retire, at Summerslam, with his wife present, he tried to retire, Jericho showed up though, interupting proceedings in a segment that was the best past of the show, and that's not to say it was a bad show, the segment was just that damn good.

The feud lost a little steam at Unforgiven when Jericho lost in an unsanctioned match, the bout was a fitting end but didn't live up to the standard set by the previous match, but with Michaels and Jericho you always have high standards, it was still very watchable stuff.  Later that night Jericho entered the last Scramble match, injured, and won the belt in a strange turn of events that didn't make much sense, but it showed the company had faith in him and his new heelish character that had emerged throughout the feud with Michaels.  New ring attire, No more Highlight Reel, a very serious Jericho, he had completely reinvented the Chris Jericho character, to in many ways suit a more mature Chris Jericho.

Following this he finished his feud with Michaels (except for a random match in Manchester on RAW), defeating him in a hard hitting Ladder Match before moving on to feud with Batista.  Initially he was poorly booked, Batista was made to look far better (logic dictated then he'd get his heat back on PPV), he then lost at Cyber Sunday in a very entertaining match with enough run-ins and bumps to make you think the Attitude Era was back for one match only.  Thankfully he regained the belt in a poor Cage match on RAW 8 days later moving on to face John Cena at Survivor Series.  Although the match was nothing to write home about, his promos prior to and since the match have been of a very high standard and going into Armageddon, the result seems obvious, he is losing again, which is a shame, but it looks like 2008 has been the year where Chris Jericho has finally solidified himself as a Main Eventer, true he'll never be on a John Cena level, but "hopefully" he won't become an Intercontinental Champion ever....agayn!

Tag Team of the Year

Miz N' Morrison
, they are probably the only consistent team on WWE Television, and it's only right they have Gold now considering how much exposure they get, between wrestling on all 3 shows and having their wonderful online Dirt Sheet.  From mocking D-X to their Slammys acceptance speech, I've found these guys highlight entertaining...Hoo-Rah!

Honourable mention

Beer Money Inc
, My favourite team in TNA, I've been a fan of James Storm since the beginning of the company and finally, after his horrible singles career Robert Roode has a decent role.  Their backstage segments and general antics I find highly amusing and the guys can go in the ring to.

Feud of the Year

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels - For the many reasons listed in the Chris Jericho Superstar of the year speel...

Best Debut

I was tempted to go with The Brian Kendrick since he pretty much re-debuted as a completely different yet superb character, and there's Ted Dibiase, but his year was cut short, then Jack Swagger but he has shown potential rather than done great things, battering Tommy Dreamer nearly every week gets really boring really quickly, so for the comedy value of it alone, yeah I marked for it...Suicide

Match of the Year

Undertaker
vs Edge at Wrestlemania, a classic Main Event, the pinnacle of their feud!

PPV of the Year

Wrestlemania, heck with 'Taker vs Edge, the emotional Flair vs Michaels and the Money in the Bank it was a winner for me!

Commentator of the Year

Has to be Matt Striker - The ultimate wrestling geek, anyone who mentions Alex Wright and Duke "The Dumpster" Droese when only Hardcore/IWC fans will get the references is a winner in my book, and heck he even mentioned Chinese Democracy, albeit in a negative light, but what the heck!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:13:57 PM by Hammy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12978 on: December 14, 2008, 10:12:13 PM »

My theory on Jeff Hardy

I think he was attacked by Matt Hardy.

Miz and Morrison had the dirt  sheet with their insults how Matt has always been 2nd best to his brother etc. That shit happens for a reason. Jeff is getting these main events and all this publicity with HHH. Matt was always thought of as the Marty Jannetty

so Matt attacks Jeff and leads to the feud of 2009.

There will be some hotel surveillance video that will surface.

Matt will give the great heel interview, how he feels Jeff just isn't ready for that responsibility. how he needs to get his life together etc etc etc.

Huge betrayal angle FOR THE WIN!

Vince should fucking hire us on here i swear.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12979 on: December 14, 2008, 10:20:11 PM »

http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*AC5F80BAD409E322

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: