Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826371 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12900 on: November 23, 2008, 05:13:56 AM »

BOSTON ? Jeff Hardy was found unconscious in a stairwell at his hotel in Boston today, and was rushed to the nearest emergency room.

Due to privacy issues, WWE is not releasing the name of the hospital.

WWE.com will have more information if it becomes available.

-----------------------------------

The way they say this in the front page make it seem like its part of the story line
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12901 on: November 23, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »

BOSTON ? Jeff Hardy was found unconscious in a stairwell at his hotel in Boston today, and was rushed to the nearest emergency room.

Due to kayfabe issues, WWE is not releasing the name of the hospital.

WWE.com will have more information if it becomes available.
Fixed.  Grin

Someone came up with a great idea, you know they put 2 and 2 together and may have got....4  Cheesy

This looks like a work, right so a mystery dude has taken out Hardy....and this mystery dude has been spotted on the way to the arena

Insert him in the match, he wins the belt, feuds with Hardy, ending Rumble time, Triple H then chases him and regains his strap at 'Mania.

I mean "IF" rumours are true, then a Triple H vs Undertaker match seems doubtful since, well they don't get along.

And despite WWE making a lot up as they go along, they are notorious for sowing random seeds to feuds early on.

Remember a few weeks ago when Undertaker tombstoned JBL, he exchanged looks with Shawn Michaels.

I'd love to have these 2 feuds/matches at 'Mania.

Edge vs Triple H and Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels.

Looking forward to Survivor Series tonight, always enjoy the traditional matches.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:35:46 AM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12902 on: November 23, 2008, 08:53:44 AM »

I love how they promote the Casket Match as if someone will actually die at the end of it.

And how all Undertaker's opponents develop a fear of caskets. How often does the average person come across caskets in their day-to-day lives?

That aside, the SS Elimination matches are usually good. They don't really slow down. Everyone can tag in and out often, you rarely have to resort to rest holds or whatever to catch your breath Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12903 on: November 24, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »

Sherdog.com does this post MMA-PPV's so I thought it would be interesting to do, a look at the "Winners" and "Losers" after Survivor Series had come to pass:

Winners:

Edge:  Back from his hiatus and straight back into the Main Event scene.  The match for the crowd was so tedious that may explain his massive face pop, either that or people like him because the character is so damn good.  With this win it looks like he is locked in a the Top Heel all the way through 'til Wrestlemania.

John Cena:  Another guy returning from a hiatus/injury and straight back on top.  It was all a bit too predictable with the usual beat down followed by the Superhuman comeback, Cena's popularity with women, kids and his effect on merchandise seems to gift him Triple H like power, he is forever and a day on top and even when he went 3 or 4 PPVs in a row without a win people were just counting the days until he came back on top, The guy is seemingly always a "Winner".

Maryse:  I'm sure the WWE writing staff read the dirt sheets and LOVE to wind up fans.  It was only last week I read her push had vanished because she had the dreaded "Heatz" for calling out McCool, yet last night she was booked really strongly, carrying her team, eliminating three of the opposition and even nailing Beth with a sick headkick that made her look strong against her.  Now creative either did this to annoy the internet or possibly this is a sign that Maryse is getting the "Playboy" spot, heck she's already done it once before.

Cody Rhodes:  He is a winner by default in the sense after an awful past month he got booked half decently last night.  I mean losing Tag Gold and getting squashed by Batista he wasn't looking like any good (although his backstage segments have been....priceless).  Now last night not only was he a Survivor but he got the duke on poor, former World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk.  This storyline with Orton is good and it seems slowly but surely they are leading towards the formation of the Next Generation stable.

John Morrison:  Fine they didn't push him as much as they could of but heck being the last man (for 5 seconds at least) was a minor achievement.  It'd be nice to see them build on his back and forth stuff with HBK, having him mimmick him in the match was great, now HBK has got revenge for RAW last week it's time to properly ignite this feud, it beats the hell out of HBK and JBL.

Undertaker:  Aside from the tame finish, it was a very good Casket Match (Not something you say often).  With 2 PPV wins in a row it's that magical time of the year.  The Deadman's big push through to Wrestlemania.

Losers:

Chris Jericho:  After such a good heel run his titles reigns have been short and aren't going down in history as anything memorable, maybe if tv ratings had been decent he would of had a longer chance on top.  It wouldn't be too bad if you felt he was going to stay in the mix for a long time, but besides maybe one rematch, heading towards 'Mania it looks like the Batista, Orton, Cena show.

Batista:  I sometimes wonder whether Big Dave's gimmick, is "Dave nice but dim".  They really do book him to look like a stupid grunt.  Now I know he was inspired by Ultimate Warrior and is totally Roided up, but come on.  After powerbombing Cody the referee seemed to of asked Dave what 2 + 2 was and as Big Dave had a confused/baffled look on his face, still trying to figure it all out, he turned round into an RKO!!! What an idiot.

William Regal:  How many seconds did the Intercontinental Champion last?

Matt Hardy:  You'd of thought it was back to those awful days of midcard Hardy, he barely got a look in and worse, was eliminated by someone he's feuded with again and again....and well again, are we going to see Part VII?

CM Punk:  Here's your former World Heavyweight Champion, bet you couldn't tell based on last night....

MVP:  The jobbing continues, seriously, they are killing him.

Kane:  Retirement, please?  I mean they can't even be bothered to build him up as a monster these days can they?  Combine that with his slowing ring movement, fat gut and tired gimmick, it's time to hang it up.

Vladimir Kozlov:  Heel heat is what Vickie Guerrero gets, that is good, the crowd get angry and boo the heel, mission accomplished.  When they sit there and you can here a pin drop, and they opt to chant boring, because they are...bored, that is not good heel heat, that's boredom heat/switch off heat, if people cared about all matches like that they'd stop tuning in.  PPV Debut, first time for many who only watch RAW to see him in a proper match and, you flopped and worse still, due to the nature of the finish, were largely forgotten.

5 vs 5 Concept:  I now realised why they knocked it down to 4 vs 4 in the early 90s, what is the point of 5 on 5 when you get rid of 2 guys inside the opening few minutes, why not speed up that process and just not have them there in the first place.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12904 on: November 24, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »

Didn't see the ppv but looking forward to reading that monster now. ^

Did see the post match promo with Edge on WWE.com though. Looks like Mike Knox may have some competition soon on wrestlings craziest beard.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12905 on: November 24, 2008, 01:09:29 PM »

Wtf? Edge?

Damnit - couldnt have predicted that

anyway

THANK GOD Triple H lost the title

He looks soooo bored and disinterested I just want someone to tombstone him through the announce table...

...about a dozen times

Maybe with his ''spot'' threatened he will get his act together. Triple H and Kane are two men killing time till retirement

I have always liked Triple H, but i see now he's been carried for years by others - he needs an opponent of sufficient calibre to get him going

Edge Vs Triple H is just what both wrestlers need and exactly what Smackdown needs

I'm still going for Taker vs Triple H at 'Mania for the title

Quick! To the bandwagon!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12906 on: November 24, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »

we can now thanks Morrison for making HBK even balder. Did anyone see all that hair come off when he stepped on it and pulled HBK up ? hahah
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12907 on: November 26, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »

Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer reports that Travis Tomko has re-signed with WWE.

I know Travis visited a WWE Smackdown/ECW show in Atlanta after leaving TNA and spoke with John Laurinaitis then, and I understood he had visited other shows since. Travis had hoped for a regular spot in Japan, and was thinking of getting into MMA but neither happened.

TNA had initially left the door open to use him again and did once but creative had soured on using him for future dates due to issues when he was under contract.

No info on when he might start.

Obviously this will fuel speculation he will join Christian Cage again in WWE

Tomko....give me a beat  Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12908 on: November 26, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »

Tomko is  smaller shittier Batista.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12909 on: November 26, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

Tomko is  smaller shittier Batista.
Nah TNA did good with him, he's nothing amazing but saying he's shittier than Big Dave...bah!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12910 on: November 27, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »

WWE seems to have slowly woken up to the fact it has a rival in the wings

Tomko, Cage and Kim are all blows to TNA

Quite why these WWE rejects would go back - does Christian really think he'll get a WWE title?!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12911 on: November 27, 2008, 02:10:38 PM »

yeah but Christian has sort of dropped to mid card on TNA.

Id rather be upper midcard in WWE than Upper midcard in TNA

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #12912 on: November 27, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »

Kane needs more thrown his way, been in the business under this gimmick since 1998 and he's got shit to show for it. They're usually spoiling John Cena with endless title shots and other bullshit.

I follow TNA more nowadays anyways.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12913 on: November 27, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »

Regal gets a Huge UK Push and wins the IC Belt.

Goes on to SS where he officially becomes the Barry Horowitz of the team and does his job in a minute.

The next night on RAW they are having an 8 man tournament just to determine who is the #1 contender for the IC Belt? Years ago the IC was huge but now with 3 world champions IC is about as valuable as the WCW TV title after Hacksaw found it in a Trash Can. I know the whole tournament is going to be used as a way to sell the NEW IC DVD they made, but come on you need to win 3 matches to be the #1 Contender for a IC Title match, Hell it takes less to get a world title shot nowadays, Cena comes back and BAM he gets his title shot, Hillbilly Edge comes back and gets his shot. I know they were former champions but Last time we seen Cena Bastita beat him, so I dont know what makes him worthy of an instant Title Shot, With edge getting his ass handed to him on RAW to punk I could see him getting a shot at Edge in a Rematch kind of way, but He attacks Hardy before the PPV so he gets in because of Vicky, and yet you need to win 3 matches Just to get to step into the Ring with the KING OF THE RING 2008 INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION BLUE BLOOD LORD WILLIAM REGAL?

That's Terrible Booking not too mention why would Kane want to go back to the IC title, Why would former ECW/World and Current Tag Champion Punk want to step down to that title? Kofi Winning also, what are they going to do now have the tag team that never works together or defends together get in the ring with each other knowing that a POTENTIAL IC title match is on the line? I have alot less work going into crowning champions then they are putting into making a #1 contender for the title.
I don't think it even maters as it is looking to be Tag Champs Kofi and CM Punk going on to battle Miz / Morrison in the semis, it looks as thought this tournament might only be there to set up a MnM vs Kofi/Punk for the tag belts.

Shame on you vince.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:08:21 PM by Mr Cowbell ? » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12914 on: November 27, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »

I say they bring Christian back and have him as Edge's protege.

If he gets over with the fans, he should turn on Edge and have a nice long fued for the title ala Triple H and Batista.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12915 on: November 27, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »

Regal gets a Huge UK Push and wins the IC Belt.

Goes on to SS where he officially becomes the Barry Horowitz of the team and does his job in a minute.
Apparently he's sick. Alot of the guys got sick on the recent European tour.

Regal supposedly got it pretty bad so thats why he was quickly pinned. To get him in and out of there asap.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12916 on: November 27, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »

WWE needs to be cutting the fat, slowly positioning themselves for a single brand

...and yet they bring in MORE wrestlers?

So many people never get a look in - and you add yet more?

I think we can all agree - back or sack Kane, but do something!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12917 on: November 27, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »

Sack, Psycho Kane was so ten years ago.

There's only so many times a near 7 foot monster (or so they say) can lose to a glorified midget and cleanly no less, before it's time to give it up, and like you said, with the roster size, people need to go.  There is nothing wrong with the last 3 signings though, all good, they just need to cut the current stale characters.

Worrying thing at Survivor Series, The Great Khali was "over", no chance of him being cut for a bit then...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #12918 on: November 27, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »

Kane needs to go back to the Dentist gimmick he had years ago. Why you ask cause it couldn't be any worse then it is now for him.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12919 on: November 28, 2008, 05:31:04 AM »

Usually I think Kane isn't that bad of a worker. Yes his gimmick has tired out long ago and he's built up like a monster about 2 months of every year then he jobs for the other 10 months but he hasn't had a bad year. But I will admit his match with Kofi Kingston last week on Raw was a discrace. Sad thing about it was that Kofi looked equally as bad.

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: