Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825372 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12680 on: October 07, 2008, 08:18:12 PM »

Raw was excellent last night.

The main event with Jericho as the ref was hilarious.

Kane/Henry vs Mysterio and Hardy was damn near 4 stars with a fucking brilliant/innovative finish.

Orton was sort of awkard as the special commentator as he didnt talk for the last 10 minutes.

I was expecting an RKO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12681 on: October 08, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »

First Raw I have seen in 2-3 weeks.

Like Jericho missing a tooth with his pompted up hair look, really selling his heel role well.

I think the Main event to me turned into what could only be booked by TNA Management, having Regal (who is not main event material thrown in for some fricken reason) RKO who can't still wrestle just hanging out to remind us Fans that he still with WWE. Jericho as the Ref was alright, but I mean the guy gets his ass kicked by HBK then sneaks out with the title, then he wins a ladder match against HBK, and they made him look weak as a ref in the ring, spending so much time running from Bastita and one little spear knocked him out of the ring for good, then only to have Adalme come out and he spent ALL DAY with Shane and Stephanie and they came up with a special guest ref for Cyber Sunday, It took all day to figure that one out, Adalme must be a fricken retard.

HBK as a Ref, I cant see Jericho loosing to Bastita with HBK as a ref
RKO as a ref? I couldnt see him letting Jericho loose as he wants to be next in line for the title and a Heel Vs Heel is not good for Ratings.
Stone Cold as a Ref, I hope this isnt cutting into his Filming of THE CONDEMNED 2: Rise of Stone Cold. I cant see Jericho loosing cleanly to any of them, and if he doesnt loose cleanly he will still be in the main event picture for a title and with RKO coming back it doesnt make sense. I think the ans should deicde the type of match not the ref. (ie Last Man Standing, Cage, or Anything Goes Match)

Highlight Heel moment of the Show for me was Santino, god he is really good as a harvey whippleman, weazel type champion. I am really coming around to his Heel Factor, I just wish he would wrestle more and sneak out wins ONLY with the help of Beth. When he was talking about trying to become more America and that he adopted a NBA Basketball Team, I knew where he was going and it was going to be the best heel pop of the night, for him to take off his shirt and reveal he adopted the Oklahoma City THUNDER as his team (For non fans of the NBA the SEATTLE Super Sonices played in the arena last night the WWE was in, and went through and ugly divorce type thing with the Owners moving them to OKC) It was great to see all them pissed off Fans, that was good booking.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12682 on: October 08, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »

Jericho got knocked out with the spear I guess due to the Ladder match the night before although that makes no sense as HBK was able to still wrestle and look strong  as hell against Lance Cade........

The ending to that match was BRUTAL!  HBK looked like he was heeling.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12683 on: October 08, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »

Highlight Heel moment of the Show for me was Santino, god he is really good as a harvey whippleman, weazel type champion. I am really coming around to his Heel Factor, I just wish he would wrestle more and sneak out wins ONLY with the help of Beth. When he was talking about trying to become more America and that he adopted a NBA Basketball Team, I knew where he was going and it was going to be the best heel pop of the night, for him to take off his shirt and reveal he adopted the Oklahoma City THUNDER as his team (For non fans of the NBA the SEATTLE Super Sonices played in the arena last night the WWE was in, and went through and ugly divorce type thing with the Owners moving them to OKC) It was great to see all them pissed off Fans, that was good booking.

I tell you he is brilliant. Him and Beth should be kept together for a while. Personally i'd like them to stay champs until the RR when Santino can cost Beth her title and then Beth can eliminate Santino from the rumble. Over the next few weeks they can try and patch things up, but Santino loses his IC title and he blames Beth and then.... Beth vs Santino  at Mania!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12684 on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »

Jericho got knocked out with the spear I guess due to the Ladder match the night before although that makes no sense as HBK was able to still wrestle and look strong  as hell against Lance Cade........

The ending to that match was BRUTAL!  HBK looked like he was heeling.

Hell Yeah he looked strong, but Jericho won at No Mercy he shouldnt of looked so weak on Raw.  I like a dirty heal Champion like EDGE, but Jericho shouldn't look that weak.  When can he be pushed as a strong heel?  FOr the cyber Sunday thing to work out the best you need:

Stone Cold can be ref, hes a one night thing, so if he cost Jericho the title it wouldnt make the most sense have a Face Ref helping a Face win the championship.
HBK as Ref, I love the fued between him and Jericho but it needs a rest for awhile so it can seem Fresh having their fued start up again January.
THey need RKO as Ref, Having RKO cost Bastita the tile, starting up a RKO Bastita fued for the #1 Contender, then have Cena come back and help Bastita or another Face like HBK (I guess) help save Bastita so they can have Jericho VS Cena, HBK or whatever.

I like the Heel Jericho but I dont want to keep seeing a weak Jericho the Man gave a tooth to win that title, let him look strong at some point, after Having CM Punk look weak with the title before Jericho we need a strong champion at some point.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12685 on: October 11, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »

Cyber Sunday - a golden chance to run amock, have weird and wonderful matches that WWE would never have the courage to do....

...but no, they choose to waste 15 mins on Santino

...and as it goes without saying he will face the Honky Tonk man, why do they entertain the facade you can actually influence the results??

I want to see a ''losers get fired'' battle royale - the winner keeping his job. The fans get to vote who's included, i vote for Kane!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12686 on: October 11, 2008, 06:06:44 PM »

I vote for, hmmm this is tricky Kane.

Cyber Sunday is a con no doubt.

Any airtime given to the legend that is Honky Tonk Man and comic talent that is Santino Marella is not a waste.  Will it be a wrestling classic?  No, keep it short and play it for laughs and I'll be happy enough.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12687 on: October 11, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

I vote for, hmmm this is tricky Kane.

Cyber Sunday is a con no doubt.

Any airtime given to the legend that is Honky Tonk Man and comic talent that is Santino Marella is not a waste.  Will it be a wrestling classic?  No, keep it short and play it for laughs and I'll be happy enough.

Chances are it'll be Charlie Haas who gets chosen

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12688 on: October 11, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »

Yeah, either way its gonna be Haas

Honky Tonk Haas
GoldHaas
Roddy Piper Haas

Fuck it, lets just get completely retarded and make the referre Stone Cold Steve Haastin.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12689 on: October 12, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »

I think HTM and the WWE are on good terms. I seem to remember there being an interview with him on wwe.com not too long ago. Last year maybe?

And why is the Cyber Sunday voting now done by text?? Strange...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12690 on: October 12, 2008, 08:34:47 AM »

Damn, i really want to see that 'losers get fired battle royal'

...think about it, 8 crap wrestlers and only one can survive, it would be like some glorious horror film!

Mark Henry and Kane would be fighting for their lives....it would be the stuff to selll DVD's and t shirts for the next 100 years!

...we could even make it ''extreme'' and include all the ''divas'', in one match we could largely solve the bulk of WWE's issues!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12691 on: October 12, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »

sources: PWInsider.com, www.f4wonline.com

A comedy roast was held in Monroe, New Jersey last night in honor of WWE Hall of Famer Iron Sheik. Scott Hall was in attendance at the event, and lost control following a tasteless joke regarding Owen Hart made by a comedian.

Jimmy Graham, a comedian who has wrestled in the past, made a remark to Bill Apter. He said, "Bill Apter, you're deader than Owen Hart."

Hall, who had been drinking heavily by this point in the evening, charged the banquet table to go after Graham. Hall threw some punches in Graham's direction and grabbed the mic from him as well, telling him how he was disrespecting Owen Hart.

Security, police and former pro wrestler Jim Powers had to restrain Hall and take him out of the building. He was taken to his hotel room. No arrests were made.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1qQTZOZnpfc

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12692 on: October 12, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »

sources: PWInsider.com, www.f4wonline.com

A comedy roast was held in Monroe, New Jersey last night in honor of WWE Hall of Famer Iron Sheik. Scott Hall was in attendance at the event, and lost control following a tasteless joke regarding Owen Hart made by a comedian.

Jimmy Graham, a comedian who has wrestled in the past, made a remark to Bill Apter. He said, "Bill Apter, you're deader than Owen Hart."

Hall, who had been drinking heavily by this point in the evening, charged the banquet table to go after Graham. Hall threw some punches in Graham's direction and grabbed the mic from him as well, telling him how he was disrespecting Owen Hart.

Security, police and former pro wrestler Jim Powers had to restrain Hall and take him out of the building. He was taken to his hotel room. No arrests were made.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1qQTZOZnpfc
This is a prime example of someone who takes their character way too seriously.

Although I do agree that the Owen Hart "joke" was tasteless.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12693 on: October 12, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »

...we could even make it ''extreme'' and include all the ''divas'', in one match we could largely solve the bulk of WWE's issues!
...Downside is it would increase TNA's they wouldn't be able to resist picking up some of the WWE crapsters.

A Kane and Abyss storyline would be on the cards for sure.

Oh on an unrelated note, not that anyone cares I guess but Dolph Ziggler as if he wasn't wrestlecrap worthy enough, has managed to get suspended for failing wellness before he's actually made an in-ring appearance.  hihi
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12694 on: October 12, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

...Downside is it would increase TNA's they wouldn't be able to resist picking up some of the WWE crapsters.

Oh on an unrelated note, not that anyone cares I guess but Dolph Ziggler as if he wasn't wrestlecrap worthy enough, has managed to get suspended for failing wellness before he's actually made an in-ring appearance.  hihi

How is that even possible?  WWe calls you up and says they are going to start pushing you again, you celebrate by taking a controlled substance? Nice once Ziggler.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #12695 on: October 12, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »

Cyber Sunday - a golden chance to run amock, have weird and wonderful matches that WWE would never have the courage to do....

...and as it goes without saying he will face the Honky Tonk man, why do they entertain the facade you can actually influence the results??

I want to see a ''losers get fired'' battle royale - the winner keeping his job. The fans get to vote who's included, i vote for Kane!

The Intercontinental Title, largely a forgotton belt these days is getting a featured title match on a Pay-Per-View and it's considered a waste?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12696 on: October 12, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »

The Intercontinental Title, largely a forgotton belt these days is getting a featured title match on a Pay-Per-View and it's considered a waste?

...unfortunately at this stage an IC match is very much a waste

Its in about the same league as the TNA drinking title hihi

..who cares anymore? It was worth a damn about 10 years ago

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12697 on: October 12, 2008, 04:08:20 PM »

ah yes the pie eating contest

The winner would be the guy that by the end of the week looked the most out of shape

I have a pretty good idea Kane would be getting his first, and only win.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12698 on: October 12, 2008, 11:21:34 PM »

Easily the best match of Joe's reign, really enjoyed the Main Event tonight, could have done without the Nash interference though, Joe's dropkick in the match was sweet!

Mongo looked awful, The Monsters Ball was a clusterfuck no doubt but an entertaining one.

Angle and Jarrett were having a really good match but I could of done without the predictable ref bump, Foley involvement but it was to be expected I guess, what's the point of a ring enforcer who doesn't hit one of the competitors.

Knockouts Brawl & Title match were a bit meh as was the X-Division Title bout, the X-Division entertainment was to be found in the cracking opening match.  Dammit why couldn't Curry Man have won though!

My live feed fucked up for most of the Booker T/AJ Styles/Christian Cage match, caught the finish though which featured some good off the top finishers.

Overall solid event.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8891eQ7MDLs&feature=related - Iron Sheik hilarious shoot on Scott Hall and also, "Accidently" Kevin Nash.  hihi
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:56:06 AM by Hammy » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12699 on: October 13, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »

A 3 Disc Set...  Shocked

So we have the basic story.

Debut at Badd Blood 1997.

Whole storyline with Undertaker [Insert Wrestlemania Match].

His First Blood win over Austin and 1 Day World Heavyweight Title reign.

Joining the Corporation.

Turning face.  Joining up with X-Pac then the split.

Toss in a few matches.

Few years on, lose the mask.

Fast Forward to Lita losing the baby and the Snitsky battles.

Finish with the ECW Title win?

I'm struggling here, they best have a long bio part cos the matches probably won't be too stellar.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: