Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825210 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12640 on: September 29, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »

WWE go way too fast with angles and they don't let them build and get hot.
Often they do, no doubt, but to say that about THIS feud.  Too fast  Huh  Where the hell have you been the past few months.  This feud has been slowly brewing for ages and is just about at boiling point.

It all began during the HBK and Batista feud, Jericho getting pissed at HBK for faking an injury and it's grown since then.

Each to his own, but for me this has been feud of the year by far.  This feud has turned Jericho back from midcarder to main eventer and better than before, he's a serious and sadistic heel.  I remember a lot of people complained when Jericho beat HBK via ref stoppage, I thought that was great and HBK's selling of the injury was spot on (if not slightly overdone by some people's tastes).  Getting the wife involved may have been predictable, but heck the promo's those guys cut on each other, HBK telling Jericho to go home and tell his kids he will never be Shawn Michaels, I've loved this stuff and NOW we get a Ladder Match.

As for the idea of Jericho kidnapping HBK's wife, that sounds to Russorific for my tastes I don't know about anyone else, for me they've managed fine without going to stupid lengths like that, I've never been keen on them overstepping the realism boundary (i.e. JBL trying to run down Cena).

My only complaints about anything in this feud would be:

A) Until last week Cade been made to look like a loser lackey
B) I know he's selling the fact that he is upset, but the HBK hobo look/I lost my smile again look can get annoying after a while, he keeps it up he'll definately need new entrance music.
C) Jericho's title win, it goes against most reasonable logic.  A guy is too injured to wrestle, let's say he's at 10% health.  You have a roster of guys 100% healthy raring to go, who do you let do it?  The guy at 15% health.  The only saving grace is it was Adamle's decision and he is meant to be a moron.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:56:05 PM by Hammy » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12641 on: September 29, 2008, 05:17:52 PM »

to be honest, as stupid as it sounds I can see a Adamle heel turn soon given his actions last week

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12642 on: September 29, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »

WWE go way too fast with angles and they don't let them build and get hot.
Often they do, no doubt, but to say that about THIS feud.  Too fast  Huh  Where the hell have you been the past few months.  This feud has been slowly brewing for ages and is just about at boiling point.

It all began during the HBK and Batista feud, Jericho getting pissed at HBK for faking an injury and it's grown since then.

Each to his own, but for me this has been feud of the year by far.  This feud has turned Jericho back from midcarder to main eventer and better than before, he's a serious and sadistic heel.  I remember a lot of people complained when Jericho beat HBK via ref stoppage, I thought that was great and HBK's selling of the injury was spot on (if not slightly overdone by some people's tastes).  Getting the wife involved may have been predictable, but heck the promo's those guys cut on each other, HBK telling Jericho to go home and tell his kids he will never be Shawn Michaels, I've loved this stuff and NOW we get a Ladder Match.

As for the idea of Jericho kidnapping HBK's wife, that sounds to Russorific for my tastes I don't know about anyone else, for me they've managed fine without going to stupid lengths like that, I've never been keen on them overstepping the realism boundary (i.e. JBL trying to run down Cena).

My only complaints about anything in this feud would be:

A) Until last week Cade been made to look like a loser lackey
B) I know he's selling the fact that he is upset, but the HBK hobo look/I lost my smile again look can get annoying after a while, he keeps it up he'll definately need new entrance music.
C) Jericho's title win, it goes against most reasonable logic.  A guy is too injured to wrestle, let's say he's at 10% health.  You have a roster of guys 100% healthy raring to go, who do you let do it?  The guy at 15% health.  The only saving grace is it was Adamle's decision and he is meant to be a moron.

Maybe not kidnap but maybe she be in the audience seeing her hubby get revenge and Jericho yank her out of the crowd and threaten her with a chair or something until HBK Lays down.

Jericho has won how many matches in this feud?

has HBK laid down ONCE for Jericho? NO

He had the dumb ass Detached Retina which MAGICALLY is better. Thats Russo dumbshit. Magical career ending injuries that somehow go away with no explanation.

So Jericho vs HBK for the title. I can't see HBK laying down. hopefully he will, but I don't know.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12643 on: September 29, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »

Jericho has won how many matches in this feud?

has HBK laid down ONCE for Jericho? NO
Last time I checked beating someone to a bloody pulp and having the referee step in and winning by ref stoppage counted and I'm almost certain Jericho will win the Ladder Match.

He had the dumb ass Detached Retina which MAGICALLY is better. Thats Russo dumbshit. Magical career ending injuries that somehow go away with no explanation.
Oh come on you know the recovery rate of people in wrestling is quick, I mean in the "Real World" people wouldn't recover from chair shots and sledgehammer shots, you properly hit someone in the head with a sledgehammer you'd kill them yet people often recover after taking such a shot during the match.  The career ending injury was to sell the beating.  And from what's been said, with his mounting injuries (real ones) he'd like to be very part time, so an injury like this in itself is a good excuse for a reduced schedule, remember he was "Advised" to quit, not told he had to, in reality has was told to quit in 1998 and NEVER come back, but he did, and yet that's real.

I much prefer more realistic angles over "Edge has been sent straight to hell...."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:58:11 PM by Hammy » Logged
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12644 on: September 29, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »

HBK storylines are great -- remember him and Kurt Angle - wow!.... then recently HBK and Orton - he made Orton.  ok

Adamle just plain sucks - he should be fired and some old time legend - who knows wrestling should be in his spot.  rant

everyone is taking about the 3rd/2nd generation faction w/ Orton, Rhodes and Dibiase  - but isnt D'lo back, and Mark Henry w Tony Atlas are the top heels of ECW, and R truth over in SD getting a push ... and Obama about to lead this nation - it's about time for a reunion of the Nation of Domination ... maybe Slick can come back  beer  Micheal PS Hayes sure would like that  confused
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12645 on: September 29, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »

That match with Micheals didnt help Jericho. It made him look like a pussy cause HBK had to have 1 eye and Jericho still had the hardest time in the world finishing him off.

so the only chance Jericho, your top heel and world champ has to beat HBK is if he has a detached Retina and can't see.

Perfect.

HBK beats the living fuck out of a guy and he magically recovers in time to win the title whe the champ got "KICKED" in the head and was out 2 weeks

Yeah Hammy, AMAZING booking there pal. AMAZING!

HBK didn't make Randy Orton. HHH and Ric Flair can get credit, but Orton was HUGE way before he wrestled HBK.

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12646 on: September 29, 2008, 07:38:38 PM »

HBK didn't make Randy Orton. HHH and Ric Flair can get credit, but Orton was HUGE way before he wrestled HBK.

yeah i know evolution and all made Orton .. but his somewhat recent Punt in the head move that he was doing week in and week out - Cena then HBK was it for me. He became a monster heel ... then the HHH and Orton feud really took off ( til Orton got injured ) ... now Orton's coming back - and i cant wait  ... too bad HHH is over on SD... hope they dont make Orton some lame face again
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12647 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »

That match with Micheals didnt help Jericho. It made him look like a pussy cause HBK had to have 1 eye and Jericho still had the hardest time in the world finishing him off.

so the only chance Jericho, your top heel and world champ has to beat HBK is if he has a detached Retina and can't see.
He's the face, anyone else in HBK's position as the face would get that treatment people expect the superhuman comebacks, whether it be Hogan or whoever.  Your notion of putting Jericho over seems to be having him squash HBK like the dude was nothing.

HBK beats the living fuck out of a guy and he magically recovers in time to win the title whe the champ got "KICKED" in the head and was out 2 weeks
You notice that was on my list of criticisms  Roll Eyes

Chill dude, no need to shout  smoking

Like it matters.  Although he wasn't huge the first time he feuded with HBK, ya know, back when he was still in Evolution, and Orton beat HBK on PPV.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:44:00 PM by Hammy » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12648 on: September 29, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »

HBK is suppose to have a mystery Partner. I bet its Trips' being they are looking to promote their move to the my network and have the tribranded main event on the show this week. DX Reunion, 1 night only!

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12649 on: September 30, 2008, 06:11:30 AM »

Perfect.

I'm gonna agree with D... i think the out of ring part of the feud has been brilliant and i agree with Hammy ... its the Feud of the year. But the in-ring booking has been a little poor. I have no problem with HBK beating Jericho and later him becoming champion but the way they did it was silly especially when compared to how CM Punk was removed. And all other competitors in that match are former World Champions... it was a little rookie to let him sneak in.

And I think Randy Orton was already big enough to get a win over HBK by that time.... so i think its too much to say HBK made him. HBK hasn't made that many IMO.

The question lies with this Ladder match. I know everyone thinks Jericho is a nail on to win.... but for me its how he wins that important. First of all.... i dont want to see Cade interfere to get Jericho the win. He has to "just" beat him. you know.... the better man on the night kinda thing. If HBK has a reason to lose... i.e. interference or sacrificing the win to beat Jericho ... then i think Jericho's run as champion needs to be looked at. If you can't give your World Champion a clean win over a ageing star who hasn't held Any World title since 2002 then why is he World Champion?

I wouldn't mind Jericho snapping and beating HBK really bad with the ladder until officials come out and strecher him away leaving Jericho just to walk up and get the belt to a chorus of heat from the fans. Whatever happens this feud isn't finished so for Y2J to do to HBK what HBK did to him makes sense to me. and to beat HBK in a ladder match would be a big boost to his title run and credibility.

You could even save the third and final match for WM, with hopefully one of them traded to SD the next night to seperate them without the intensity of the feud having to suffer.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12650 on: September 30, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »

Triple-Threat Champion vs. Champion Match
- WWE Champion Triple H vs. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. ECW Champion Matt Hardy

- United States Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella

All-Star Eight-Man Tag Team Match
- Kane, JBL, MVP & The Brian Kendrick vs. Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Batista & Jeff Hardy

Lumberjack Match
- Divas Champion Michelle McCool vs. Women's Champion Beth Phoenix

- WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Carlito vs. World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

Not a bad SD card.  ok

[/color]

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12651 on: September 30, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »

- WWE Champion Triple H vs. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. ECW Champion Matt Hardy

- United States Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella

- Kane, JBL, MVP & The Brian Kendrick vs. Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Batista & Jeff Hardy

Lumberjack Match

- WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Carlito vs. World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

Not a bad SD card.  ok

this is what Wrestlemania should be - like a Superbowl - the best of all brands duking it out.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12652 on: September 30, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »

Lumberjack Match

Not a bad SD card.  ok

this is what Wrestlemania should be - like a Superbowl - the best of all brands duking it out.

While i dont agree with it being at Wrestlemania... there should be a PPV every year where the brands are like teams. Like a yearly tournament. It would be a great way to start and stop feuds, as well as seeing some unusual pairings i.e. Matt Hardy & Mark Henry vs HHH & Koslov vs Y2J & HBK or even Jeff vs Matt representing the brands. It would be an interesting concept. There could be a Ryder Cup like score.... Friendships put to the test.... Enemies have to co-exsist for the sake of the team.

Would be cool hihi

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12653 on: September 30, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »

Lumberjack Match

Not a bad SD card.  ok

While i dont agree with it being at Wrestlemania... there should be a PPV every year where the brands are like teams. Like a yearly tournament. It would be a great way to start and stop feuds, as well as seeing some unusual pairings i.e. Matt Hardy & Mark Henry vs HHH & Koslov vs Y2J & HBK or even Jeff vs Matt representing the brands. It would be an interesting concept. There could be a Ryder Cup like score.... Friendships put to the test.... Enemies have to co-exsist for the sake of the team.

Would be cool hihi

I think they try that every couple years with Survivor Series. I like the ryder cup aspect. Have a Points type system with the brand winning the most points earns the WWE Cup for the Shows GM, add in more fueds and a diffferent event for the year. Traditional SS Match,

Miz, Morrison, Henry , Ortiz, VS J Hardy, Kozlov, MVP, Brian Kendrick, Vs. Bastita, RKO, CM Punk, JBL.

HeavyWeight Challenge

HHH, Jericho, and Hardy.

TAG TEAM TURMOIL.

Priceless vs Colons vs ECW team, with both Raw and SD defending their titles so if the ECW team wins they bring the title to that show.

Oviously some type of woman's match, wear they wear sexy lingerie and prance around for Points.

Monsters ball

UT vs Kane vs Boogeyman

Battle Royal, with ECW, SD, and Raw superstars not already wrestling.

It could be a great event and if book correctly could be the event of the year next to WM to look forward to, you could have "teammates" causing their own brand to loose matches costing the GM points and making the GM hate them and start a fued with them. I see them putting so much into this first SD and the next couple to make sure they dont loose their fan base, but an event like this on a PPV could be incredible. Which Brand and GM do you want to take home the WWE Cup.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12654 on: September 30, 2008, 10:01:31 PM »

Anyone else notice Cade blow that Sweet Chin/Pedigree spot last night?

Poor Cade....

HHH said "GET UP"  hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12655 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:10 PM »

Poor Cade....

HHH said "GET UP"  hihi
And his timing was out with the throwing of the Ladder and Jericho's promo, and he stuttered when he was cutting a promo earlier in the night.  Not his best night.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12656 on: October 01, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »

Poor Cade....

HHH said "GET UP"  hihi
And his timing was out with the throwing of the Ladder and Jericho's promo, and he stuttered when he was cutting a promo earlier in the night.  Not his best night.

they'll let anyone train these guys these days Wink

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12657 on: October 01, 2008, 12:36:27 PM »

^ Same dude trained The Brian Kendrick so I'll let him off  Wink

Looks like plans are for the "Age of Orton" to return sooner, rather than later.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12658 on: October 01, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

^ Same dude trained The Brian Kendrick so I'll let him off  Wink

Looks like plans are for the "Age of Orton" to return sooner, rather than later.

I know a certain Cowboy who will be jumping for joy in his tent over this news hihi

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12659 on: October 02, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »

No word on the match listing...yet.  At 3 Discs though It's guaranteed to cover some classics, I'll definately be picking this up.  This so reeks of awesomeness  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: