Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824816 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12620 on: September 23, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »

WHat IF he does break the Record?  Then what?  I love the dirty santino, still cant get over his unibrow and him wearing the IC Strap, but hes not  a bad heel, I just think him and the IC belt should be in different places.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12621 on: September 23, 2008, 06:05:22 PM »

is there a partner feud brewing?

HMMMM

stay tuned.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12622 on: September 23, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »

Kurt Angle was interviewed this week by the UK Sun and spoke at length about what he feels is wrong with today's TNA product. The highlights: TNA Gimmicks and Match Stipulations: "Being in TNA is exciting and frustrating at the same time. We?ve been doing a good job but what we need to do right now is to simplify things. We get a little bit too complicated with our gimmick matches and run-ins.

I?ve spoken to the bookers, writers and owners of TNA and said: ?Listen. Wrestling is very simple, keep it simple." TNA's "King of the Mountain" Match: "You have to put the belt on the hook, but before you do that you have to pin somebody. If you get pinned then you end up in the penalty box. When you get out the penalty box you?re still eligible to win as long as you pin somebody and then put that belt up on the hook.

It?s like holy s***, it?s too f***ing confusing." Why TNA Overindulges in Gimmicks: "TNA do it because we want to be different from WWE and innovative. But what happens is sometimes we are, but then sometimes we are too old school. Let?s face it, a tar and feather match today wouldn?t go over too well. But we?ve actually done that. That?s a 1960?s match, this is 2008. We?re in an MMA world. Fans want to see mano a mano. One on one. Let?s go at it. We call ourselves Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

We say: ?TNA ? we are wrestling.? No we?re not. We?re f***ing gimmick matches." TNA Protecting Talent: "At the last PPV, No Surrender, we had a triple threat main event between me, Christian Cage and Samoa Joe. We had a great match, but Samoa Joe won because Jeff Jarrett came in and hit me with a guitar.

I would have won if Jeff didn?t do that. I believe that Joe should have kicked my ass and Christian?s ass and won straight up and then afterwards Jeff could have come in or even waited until the next night on TV and attacked me. I?m trying to make our younger guys more popular. I let AJ beat me the last four times we wrestled for a reason. To make him a bigger star. I wanted Joe to beat me and Christian at the PPV to make him a bigger star.

But what?s been happening is we have run-ins to create the wins, so I get protected. I don?t want to be protected and I don?t need to be protected. I?m having a real struggle with it. We need to back up and realize who we are and what we?re trying to get across. We have the best wrestlers in the world, WWE can?t compare. But how do we use them to our advantage? By simply wrestling, because that?s what they?re good at."

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12623 on: September 23, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

Shane O'Mac back on RAW tonight, Nice to see him, wish he was more involved on air as He always adds to the show.

Yes, it's always nice to see Shane the Giant Killer Cheesy

Looks like the Cade push is back on, getting the duke over Michaels definately shows they have faith in him.

It's only a matter of time before he turns on Y2J Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12624 on: September 24, 2008, 05:14:28 AM »

WHat IF he does break the Record?  Then what?  I love the dirty santino, still cant get over his unibrow and him wearing the IC Strap, but hes not  a bad heel, I just think him and the IC belt should be in different places.

he won't break the record..... its just funny that he thinks he will. He is the funniest thing on RAW by some way and there is only really Evan Bourne and Lance Cade that i would say could be as good as a champ at this point. They'd be different sort of champion but still.

If Santino lost the belt then he wouldn't have the state of Paranoia and his charecter just wouldn't work as well IMO. I think they have built the Beth-Santino thing brilliantly .... of course its gonna all end in tears but its gonnna be funny as hell.

is there a partner feud brewing?

HMMMM

stay tuned.

Get back in your tent Brokeback.

People are allowed a difference of opinion yes

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12625 on: September 24, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »

Yes I have to agree the current IC belt is much needed for Santino to sell the character he is playing so well, if he wasnt IC Champion why would we care as much if he was on TV, the belt making him a weazel of a champion. I hope he does get a few weeks out of it as he is humorous, but I would love to see someone like Cade destroy him in the end for his belt and his Woman, Beth needs to go where the gold is and Lance Cade, IC Champion, with Beth. The push he deserves.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12626 on: September 24, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/videos?mediaKey=4a0b8e3a-eb27-47b9-82e1-4cbb9dde3a6f

Maybe he should STFU now criticizing other wrestlers.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12627 on: September 24, 2008, 09:32:47 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/videos?mediaKey=4a0b8e3a-eb27-47b9-82e1-4cbb9dde3a6f

Maybe he should STFU now criticizing other wrestlers.

Hey Donnie, I agree with you, it must be the one time a month I like what you say.

ALthough I do have Jake on my space as a friend, you should read the comments his myspace friends leave kissing his ass and he has pictures of jake opening up birthday cards from his myspace friends. He's a piece of shit. He critizes todays wrestlers for having to take risks and doing moves that could kill someone, and not being as good as they were back in his day, well they dont have 1 camera like back then they have dozens so you got to sell your moves good. His face and that video should be the cover for the WWE Wellness Policy, you can scare all the young wrestlers with worth, but show them that and tell them they are going to end up like Jake (who has refused to come out and wrestle in high school gymnasiums until someone brings him cocaine) (same guy you can book for MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING ON HIS MYSPACE PAGE) That should be enough to even scare Jeff Hardy straight.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12628 on: September 24, 2008, 09:37:24 PM »

Yeah, i like Jake and his reviews are entertaining but seriously, this guy is fucked. Claiming he was "DRUGGED" yeah right.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12629 on: September 26, 2008, 02:30:25 PM »

Has anyone managed to watch a RAW in the last 6 months and not be able to predict the winners without fail across every match?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12630 on: September 26, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »

you knew Cade would pin Michaels?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12631 on: September 26, 2008, 02:54:59 PM »

Well of course dude.

I mean Cade's lack of activity was clearly a ploy which everyone could see, it was the old don't wrestle for a few months then fight on the 22nd September RAW, that's the oldest trick in the book.

And as for him getting the duke over Michaels, Ol' HBK he lays down for everyone so it was damn obvious.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12632 on: September 27, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »

I knew his team would win

Surely you've noticed too that guessing the outcome hardly seems like a 'guess' anymore?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12633 on: September 27, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »

Surely you've noticed too that guessing the outcome hardly seems like a 'guess' anymore?
You can guess the outcome of many/most tv matches no matter what the show, what the promotion, what the year.

Half the matches have people who are jobbers or clearly lower on the card against upper midcarders-main eventers.  They use them to build to PPVs and feuds, hence the reason they rarely give away big matches.

There's still a fair share of competitive matches and competition between people in similiar spots in the card.  Cryme Tyme vs Miz N' Morrison, considering Cryme Tyme are the top (only) face team on the brand, since WWE is pushing its black stars, since Miz N' Morrison watched them get beat down by Team Priceless a few weeks back, since they were due retribution, was it so obvious they were going to lose.

And why were the heel team going to win the main event, have you forgotten how many times in wrestling they set up difficult/impossible odds (3-on-2) for the faces to generally always overcome, it's easy to say afterwards, oh yeah, I knew that was going to happen.

And look back a number of months when Beth Phoenix lost her title to Mickie James.  Considering she'd been getting a monster push and Mickie was lost in the mix, this match was on tv and it was in the UK, you just knew who was going to win didn't you.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12634 on: September 28, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »

Doubt all you want but I dont even watch the matches any more - i guess the winner and fast forward straight to the end

I can do this because I am right every time - (and thus one of the reason's I fast forward to begin with)

I dont claim to have any sort of incredible wrestling knowledge - so if i can manage it I suspect most of u are getting ur predictions right too

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12635 on: September 28, 2008, 11:59:41 AM »

Cant agree Izzy. Look at my score in the Powerslam Predictions game!

I thought I knew, turns out, I have no fucking clue! hihi hihi hihi

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12636 on: September 28, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »

here's a test of prediction skills  - run down the TNA BFG ppv and post predicted winners ...
or even wwe PPV... cant really do for RAW as the matchups are usually on the fly
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #12637 on: September 28, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »

Doubt all you want but I dont even watch the matches any more - i guess the winner and fast forward straight to the end

I can do this because I am right every time - (and thus one of the reason's I fast forward to begin with)

I dont claim to have any sort of incredible wrestling knowledge - so if i can manage it I suspect most of u are getting ur predictions right too

Sorry everybody, but I have to agree.

It's like, with movies. I know that the good guy isn't going to die!, I know that the bad guy is going to be defeated. I just fast forward to about ten minutes before the credits. I mean... It's like, duh! What's that all about?!

Fuck the journey!, I just want to get there.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12638 on: September 29, 2008, 03:28:04 PM »

For the most part it can be predictable, but....

1- No one saw Chris Jericho winning the Raw scramble. It doesnt matter what you say it was a well kept secret. Don't use the excuse of "Well he wasnt advertised in that match otherwise we would of" That's the point the match was announced and no one could of seen that coming.

2- CM Punk cashing in on Edge to bring the World title to Raw. Sure you can say well OVIOUSLY because they didnt have a title that CM was going to cash in and win.  It wasnt that predictable. I think of all the WWE Fans on here after the draft they predicted HHH would loose his Raw Belt or Edge would loose to Bastita giving a Raw Champion, I was the only one who predicted both them matches correctly, so I don't think that WWE was too predictable there. Even with me getting both matches correctly I still didnt see CM punk beating Edge on Raw the next night.  At the time he was just moved from ECW and not much more then a midcarder, not even when his music hit was I 100% sure he was going to win, because it was EDGE and i couldnt see a midcarder sneaking one out on him.

3- Colons winning the title? Sure I bet you could predict that after a clean victory over them a week before they might be champions someday, but back to back wins in 2 weeks, that was a little different, not too mention 3 weeks ago most people were thinking Carlito was heading out of WWE again for Puerto Rico or something.

4- Michelle Mckool winning SD Diva Title, everyone in the WWE Predict game had Natalya, She was the first to win a #1 contenders match for the title. She is part of the HART family, bigger wrestler built more like a Beth Pheonix, then a skinny twig.  Yet even with Michelle's pulls with the UT no one predicted that, it seemed Natalya was going straight to the top and now where is she?  She's battle with maryse for the top heel woman.

5- Cena loosing 3 straight PPVs! The top new Face for WWE and he got beat on 3 straight PPVs no one seen that coming.

Predictable Things...........

NEW DEBUT, someone knew debuts, like Ortiz, revamped Brian Kendrick, Primo Colon, etc. YES they are going to win their first match 99% of the time, if they lost why would anyone care to turn in and see them again and get into their character, Thats why WWE keeps Charlie Haas, Val Venis, HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN, Super Crazy, around its their job to job to the new talent so of course they are suppose to win.

Wrestler vs Jobber or Local Talent brought in for 1 night, Well oviously the jobber is going to loose, its THEIR JOB. WWE is keeping eyes open about top local talent and gets to see how they look in a ring, Its been like this for years.

Retrobution matches, (ie HBK vs Jericho, Macho Man Vs Jake Roberts, etc) When the heel attacks the Faces family, the fued always ends with the Face winning last, its suppose to be that way, HBK destroying Jericho for slapping his wife, Macho man beating jake for ruining their wedding, its not predictable, its the way the story is suppose to be told.

UT at WM, its a streak that sells well, every year its the QUESTION, will UT finally loose, its used to help WWE sell WM their biggest event. Predictable yes, but never sure exactly UT is going to pull it off.

Somethings about wrestlers are predictable, but then again somethigns about your friends are predictable too, its what is in their charater inside, if Jericho was beating Jim Ross silly with a chair one week, then saving HBK the next week from lance Cade tearing him up, it wouldnt  flow too good or make sense, these atheletes are selling their character and something have to stay the same or "predictable" for people to watch.

You want something predictable he it is. "Give Jake "The Snake" Roberts drugs or alcohol and hire him to wrestle in your gymnasium and he will be a slobbering fool ruining everything, nows thats predictable.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12639 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:32 PM »

The Jericho/HBK feud has been handled sloppily though.

They had opportunities to really make this awesome.

To keep building Jericho's heat.

Have the Last Man Standing Match and then Have Jericho kidnap HBK's wife or something and have a chair ready to hit her and order Micheals to lay down for the 10 count.

THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME booking.

Jericho gets the win, HBK looks like a strong, great devoted husband, Jericho gets MORE heat than he can stand and u set up MORE matches.

But no

WWE go way too fast with angles and they don't let them build and get hot.

No chance HBK wins the title and if he does, it just makes Jericho look like a weaker champ than CM Punk and its back to Midcard.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:23:20 PM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: