Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824821 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12600 on: September 20, 2008, 02:36:41 PM »

CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Cryme Tyme
Mickie James
Candice Michelle

Yeah but is that it? hihi
You really wanted me to waste my time listing...

Val Venis
Charlie Haas
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Kelly Kelly
Jamie Noble

Tongue

I was just saying its odd that people who hate WWE dont see 7 or 8 faces when they watch the show.... if they watch the show.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12601 on: September 20, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »

CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Cryme Tyme
Mickie James
Candice Michelle

Val Venis
Charlie Haas
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Kelly Kelly
Jamie Noble

Tongue

I was just saying its odd that people who hate WWE dont see 7 or 8 faces when they watch the show.... if they watch the show.

Well Punk wasn't that over as Champion.  If your Canadian Michaels is heel.  Batista is a 100 Carat Pratt so he'll do as a heel.  Mysterio's only a face if your a kid, remember the hate he got when he faced Edge at Royal Rumble.  If your racist that kind of counts out Kofi and Cryme Tyme and Divas don't count.  So I guess if your a racist middle aged anti diva Canadian you could just see them as heels.....

....doesn't explain the lack of love for Hacksaw though  Cheesy
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12602 on: September 20, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »

CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Cryme Tyme
Mickie James
Candice Michelle

Val Venis
Charlie Haas
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Kelly Kelly
Jamie Noble

Tongue

Well Punk wasn't that over as Champion.  If your Canadian Michaels is heel.  Batista is a 100 Carat Pratt so he'll do as a heel.  Mysterio's only a face if your a kid, remember the hate he got when he faced Edge at Royal Rumble.  If your racist that kind of counts out Kofi and Cryme Tyme and Divas don't count.  So I guess if your a racist middle aged anti diva Canadian you could just see them as heels.....

Yeah that... or a Biased TNA fan  hihi

[/color]

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12603 on: September 20, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »

I reckon it's due to being nicknamed 'Hacksaw' despite having nothing to do with hacksaws. You use them to cut metal, not wood.

On another note, why is Charlie Haas impersonating people? Why??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12604 on: September 20, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

I reckon it's due to being nicknamed 'Hacksaw' despite having nothing to do with hacksaws. You use them to cut metal, not wood.

Because he tried impersonating an interesting wrestler and it failed.... seriously i find him quite funny

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12605 on: September 20, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »

It's Lance Storm boring man syndrome.

He's perceived as dull and isn't over so they thought they would have a laugh and see what happens.

And hell it's the most over he has ever been (not saying much).
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12606 on: September 20, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »

It's Lance Storm boring man syndrome.

He's perceived as dull and isn't over so they thought they would have a laugh and see what happens.

And hell it's the most over he has ever been (not saying much).

and just think of the possibilities:

ted DiBihasse
Mr Hass
Pete Ghass
I.R.Hass
Cacthass Jack
Jim "the Anvil" Neidhass

and best of all
Val Venhass!  Cheesy

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12607 on: September 20, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »

haha .... i can see that happening
who's Mr, Hass
for Mr. Hass - did you mean Mr. McHass?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12608 on: September 20, 2008, 06:31:31 PM »

haha .... i can see that happening
who's Mr, Hass
for Mr. Hass - did you mean Mr. McHass?

Billy Gunn aka Mr Ass

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12609 on: September 21, 2008, 09:28:36 AM »

As wrestling fans we know wrestlers get their fair share of flack as do we as fans, well here is a wrestler doing something wonderful and selfless, I enjoyed the dude in early TNA he was a solid wrestler, great thing he's doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8kEp3HCg5k

Siaki ends in ring career to save his brother?s life.

Former WCW, TNA and WWE talent Sonny Siaki made the following announcement today:

I just want to say a few things before I close this chapter of my life. The last ten years, I've seen, heard, watched, and learned a lot about myself and the wrestling business. Being a professional wrestler has been one of my dreams since I was a kid. I've had some of the worse and the absolute best times of my life in wrestling... "If you think you know, you have no idea".

Being in the wrestling business is the hardest job in the world. You have to be mentally, emotionally, and physically strong to be accepted into it. If you've never been a part of the business, you have no clue what we (the boys) deal with. In my opinion, the only good part about being in professional wrestling is being in the ring. This business is about filling up arenas, ratings, and drawing money. Are there politics involved in wrestling? Of course there are; politics are a portion of any job. The creative team and agents in WWE and TNA have been in the business for years, and they've seen it all. Opportunities are not given - you got to take what they give you and find a way to turn it into money. You got to take chances and think outside the box in this entertainment industry. Bottom line, if you have the potential to be a profitable asset to WWE or TNA then you'll be put on TV. The question you have to ask yourself is: How can I make Vince money?, or How can I make Jeff money? For me; Did I ever make it in pro wrestling? My opinion: No... Was it my fault? Yes, because the first seven years of my career, I didn't get it. I wanted to do what was best for me, not for the match. In the locker room, I was known for being arrogant, cocky, conceited, etc. I took advantage of being a called a pro wrestler. I was VERY selfish... These last three years, the wrestling business became a learning experience. Having good psychology was an adrenaline rush. I started respecting the boys and pro wrestling. Telling a good story in the ring was exciting, wrestling became fun.

Well unfortunately, two years ago while still with WWE, I received some bad news from home. My brother Bernard who's only 35 yrs old, was diagnosed with Renal Kidney Failure, a situation where one of his kidneys has completely shut down and the other is functioning at 35%. For the past two years Bernard's rare situation has turned against him. The functioning capability of his one kidney has decreased from 35% to 10%. Bernard seeks dialysis three days a week for 15 hours and lives on a strict diet. Everyday he perseveres with pain, discomfort and more fatigue than one person can usually endure. Bernard works full time just trying to pay his medical bills and on-going medications. We are in the process of providing a kidney transplant at a very high cost for BERNARD SIAKI by raising awareness, fundraisers, and getting people like you involved. Bernard who just by his kindness alone, contributes to a better society. A tender-hearted man, a gregarious friend, a beloved man. He's the type of person who cares more about other people then himself. I've decided to be the Kidney Donor for my brother which means that the doctor says I can no longer wrestle.

From 1998 to 2008, I was under contract with WCW, TNA, and WWE, and want to thank each organizations for giving me the opportunity to live one my dreams. It was a privilege and an honor to work with some of the best talents in the world.

To all the boys with WWE, TNA, ROH , the talent in developmental, all Indy workers, and the divas - I know what you put your bodies through, and from the bottom of my heart, I wish you the best. If you believe in faith, please pray for me and Bernard as we get our surgeries that will potentially save my brother's life. To all wrestling fans, thank you for your support of pro wrestling. Without you, there would be no Sports Entertainment.

My family have paired with the 1st church of the Nazarene in Wilmington, NC to support Bernard's transplant activities. The first church of the Nazarene is considered a non-profit organization. This charitable organization union will help us organize our finances with an official treasurer and allow all donators to receive a tax benefit for their contribution to Bernard's fund. PLEASE HELP US SAVE MY BROTHER'S LIFE at www.savebernardsiaki.org. I greatly appreciate your cooperation and concern for my brother's life.

Thank you and All the best, Sonny Siaki--please visit www.savebernardsiaki.org & www.myspace.com/savebernardsiaki
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12610 on: September 21, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »

As wrestling fans we know wrestlers get their fair share of flack as do we as fans, well here is a wrestler doing something wonderful and selfless, I enjoyed the dude in early TNA he was a solid wrestler, great thing he's doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8kEp3HCg5k

Siaki ends in ring career to save his brother?s life.

Former WCW, TNA and WWE talent Sonny Siaki made the following announcement today:

I just want to say a few things before I close this chapter of my life. The last ten years, I've seen, heard, watched, and learned a lot about myself and the wrestling business. Being a professional wrestler has been one of my dreams since I was a kid. I've had some of the worse and the absolute best times of my life in wrestling... "If you think you know, you have no idea".

Being in the wrestling business is the hardest job in the world. You have to be mentally, emotionally, and physically strong to be accepted into it. If you've never been a part of the business, you have no clue what we (the boys) deal with. In my opinion, the only good part about being in professional wrestling is being in the ring. This business is about filling up arenas, ratings, and drawing money. Are there politics involved in wrestling? Of course there are; politics are a portion of any job. The creative team and agents in WWE and TNA have been in the business for years, and they've seen it all. Opportunities are not given - you got to take what they give you and find a way to turn it into money. You got to take chances and think outside the box in this entertainment industry. Bottom line, if you have the potential to be a profitable asset to WWE or TNA then you'll be put on TV. The question you have to ask yourself is: How can I make Vince money?, or How can I make Jeff money? For me; Did I ever make it in pro wrestling? My opinion: No... Was it my fault? Yes, because the first seven years of my career, I didn't get it. I wanted to do what was best for me, not for the match. In the locker room, I was known for being arrogant, cocky, conceited, etc. I took advantage of being a called a pro wrestler. I was VERY selfish... These last three years, the wrestling business became a learning experience. Having good psychology was an adrenaline rush. I started respecting the boys and pro wrestling. Telling a good story in the ring was exciting, wrestling became fun.

Well unfortunately, two years ago while still with WWE, I received some bad news from home. My brother Bernard who's only 35 yrs old, was diagnosed with Renal Kidney Failure, a situation where one of his kidneys has completely shut down and the other is functioning at 35%. For the past two years Bernard's rare situation has turned against him. The functioning capability of his one kidney has decreased from 35% to 10%. Bernard seeks dialysis three days a week for 15 hours and lives on a strict diet. Everyday he perseveres with pain, discomfort and more fatigue than one person can usually endure. Bernard works full time just trying to pay his medical bills and on-going medications. We are in the process of providing a kidney transplant at a very high cost for BERNARD SIAKI by raising awareness, fundraisers, and getting people like you involved. Bernard who just by his kindness alone, contributes to a better society. A tender-hearted man, a gregarious friend, a beloved man. He's the type of person who cares more about other people then himself. I've decided to be the Kidney Donor for my brother which means that the doctor says I can no longer wrestle.

From 1998 to 2008, I was under contract with WCW, TNA, and WWE, and want to thank each organizations for giving me the opportunity to live one my dreams. It was a privilege and an honor to work with some of the best talents in the world.

To all the boys with WWE, TNA, ROH , the talent in developmental, all Indy workers, and the divas - I know what you put your bodies through, and from the bottom of my heart, I wish you the best. If you believe in faith, please pray for me and Bernard as we get our surgeries that will potentially save my brother's life. To all wrestling fans, thank you for your support of pro wrestling. Without you, there would be no Sports Entertainment.

My family have paired with the 1st church of the Nazarene in Wilmington, NC to support Bernard's transplant activities. The first church of the Nazarene is considered a non-profit organization. This charitable organization union will help us organize our finances with an official treasurer and allow all donators to receive a tax benefit for their contribution to Bernard's fund. PLEASE HELP US SAVE MY BROTHER'S LIFE at www.savebernardsiaki.org. I greatly appreciate your cooperation and concern for my brother's life.

Thank you and All the best, Sonny Siaki--please visit www.savebernardsiaki.org & www.myspace.com/savebernardsiaki

Yeah! Sounds like a hell of a guy

[/color]

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12611 on: September 21, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »

TNA is doing everything right at the moment

Its obvious there is a lot of tension between the founders and the WWE/WCW escapees - and rather than have that bottle up - they have turned it into an angle

Alot of what they were saying you could tell came straight from the heart - it certainly wasn't a promo writers words - I was half expecting someone to quit half wau through!

Joe obviously dislikes Sting and his pay check - but you can see where Sting is coming from, after all - hasn't he done more than enough to command such fees?

Regardless - excellent heat for the next PPV, nothing contrived there - joe v Sting will be superb, and I hope Jarrett will get back in the ring at some point, even so Angle v Foley will be intresting

Elsewhere - Jay Lethal and MCM are just so amazing in the ring and Lethal's ladder match needs to be watched by Vinnie Mac for some ideas

I do love how TNA avoids so many wrestling cliches - the referee knocked down angle - its hilarious seeing that ref take a hit then clear the ring, he needs to be booked into a match hihi Also like the way wretslers acknowledge things are filmed - Morgan saying how he'd watched the replay and knew Abyss hadn't hit him from behind

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12612 on: September 23, 2008, 12:38:43 AM »

Shane O'Mac back on RAW tonight, Nice to see him, wish he was more involved on air as He always adds to the show.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12613 on: September 23, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »

TNA is doing everything right at the moment

yeah those knock knock jokes are hilarious. Oh and can i just say that this whole angle about respect of younger guys have for legends has been done like 1000 times before in just about every promotion possible.

In Fact i think Ric Flair did it with Carlito as early as 2 years ago..... looks like Russo has been stealing again!.

On the plus side i did enjoy the Sting v Joe segment.... its nearly as good as the HBK/Y2J feud now, which nly boads well for TNA. Not sure how they are gonna fit Foley in and Jarrett should just give it up... YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN MAIN EVENT MATERIAL!!!!!

Loved the Lethal Ladder Match... if they hadn't have made him a Macho Man rip off he could (and probally will still) go far. Dutt was brilliant too i have to say.

Maybe some signs of quality seeping through but still too much overbooking of matches for me and despite having more athlectic wrestlers still is a bit too much of a spot fest.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12614 on: September 23, 2008, 06:34:52 AM »

Looks like the Cade push is back on, getting the duke over Michaels definately shows they have faith in him.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12615 on: September 23, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »

Looks like the Cade push is back on, getting the duke over Michaels definately shows they have faith in him.

pinning hbk is indeed a rare thing.

I think the push makes sense... Y2J is champ and Cade is an excellent "gotta go through me first" kinda guy. the question is whether or not he'll get many 1-on-1 big wins.

Also a little worried to see Evan Bourne on RAW!.... I'm loving Santino as IC champ and Bourne is the sort of guy i can see beating Santino for the strap.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12616 on: September 23, 2008, 07:00:22 AM »

I think the push makes sense... Y2J is champ and Cade is an excellent "gotta go through me first" kinda guy. the question is whether or not he'll get many 1-on-1 big wins.

Also a little worried to see Evan Bourne on RAW!.... I'm loving Santino as IC champ and Bourne is the sort of guy i can see beating Santino for the strap.
Speaking of Santino I was a little disappointed to see Deuce just lose to him.  Deuce having been off tv ALL this time I thought they could of repackaged him and put him in the 2nd Gen stable, I know he's adopted but still... At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see him get let go.  Speaking of other 2nd Gen guys, DH Smith needs bringing back to RAW, back to TV and a new name and bang him in the stable, could be the rub he needs.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12617 on: September 23, 2008, 08:57:29 AM »

Speaking of Santino I was a little disappointed to see Deuce just lose to him.  Deuce having been off tv ALL this time I thought they could of repackaged him and put him in the 2nd Gen stable, I know he's adopted but still... At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see him get let go.  Speaking of other 2nd Gen guys, DH Smith needs bringing back to RAW, back to TV and a new name and bang him in the stable, could be the rub he needs.

Yeah but the genius of the Honk-O-Meter lives on hihi

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12618 on: September 23, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »

I am glad we can agree on J E double F-  J A DOUBLE R - E Double T not being Main Event material, Thats WCW fault for pushing him, hes a great upper midcard, but not a carrier for the company, I think WWE alone right now has 5-6 better main event heels.

On to Santino, I know hes on your Singles Team and on our Tag Team, but the HONK O METER NEEDS TO DIE!!!! TO me growing up I seen some of the greatest technical wrestlers reach out and win and loose that great title, I remember Macho Man strapping it on, the Hitman, and the GREATEST IC CHAMPION OF ALL TIME, MR PERFECT make that title up their with the world, and with the revamped look and the coward Santino wearing it, makes it go all the way down.  It was the top belt Perfect (i rank it higher then the AWA heavweight) Piper, OWEN HART, Bulldog, Held, its the highlight of their career,

It was the launching pad for HBK, Bret Hart, Diesel, Jeff Jarrett, Triple H, and THE ROCK*,  It made them rise up and lead them to their world championships.

* = The Rock didnt need anything, he was way too good for his own good, he could of made a bag of crap look good in the ring, He was great in the ring, and the BEST mic skills I have ever seen.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12619 on: September 23, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »

On to Santino, I know hes on your Singles Team and on our Tag Team, but the HONK O METER NEEDS TO DIE!!!! TO me growing up I seen some of the greatest technical wrestlers reach out and win and loose that great title, I remember Macho Man strapping it on, the Hitman, and the GREATEST IC CHAMPION OF ALL TIME, MR PERFECT make that title up their with the world, and with the revamped look and the coward Santino wearing it, makes it go all the way down.  It was the top belt Perfect (i rank it higher then the AWA heavweight) Piper, OWEN HART, Bulldog, Held, its the highlight of their career,

It was the launching pad for HBK, Bret Hart, Diesel, Jeff Jarrett, Triple H, and THE ROCK*,  It made them rise up and lead them to their world championships.

Its been a while since the IC title had the same prestige of Bret/Bulldog/Perfect's reigns. Personally i like Santino.... there are not too many coward heels left and personally i loved them. Heels these days are too focused on being a monster who *Just Doesn't Care*... if the belt is gonna be put on someone who doesn't deserve it then they better perform and i think Santino does. His style is classic heel wrestling and for me his gimmick is brilliant.

Dont get me wrong if they wanna start putting the belt back on upper midcarders then fine.... but while its midcarders to lower midcarders, you might as well have fun with it. and personally i think Beth and Santinos work has been brilliant.... not to mention funny.

I know i have him on my teams but honestly things like the Honk-A-Meter is brilliant. Coz you really believe that he thinks he'll break the record.... when everyone else knows he wont. and to me thats funny

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: