Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824674 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12580 on: September 16, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »

Ladder + Jericho + HBK = Winner!

We now have a card with 2 really excellent matches (Hardy/Trips should pull it out the bag...)

Yeah i can't wait. should be two good matches.

I would just love 3 or 4 Tag Teams on SD & Raw that could challenge. All these young guns coming through why aren't they using them in the tag division. I mean imagine Ortiz and Bourne as a tag team that would be awesome. I mean they have MNM, Colons, Priceless, Hawkins/Ryder, Cryme Tyme & Jesse/Festus. I just think that Cryme Tyme and Jesse/Festus are not true credible champion tag team so i think they would need probally 2 or 3 more at least to have a credible division. unless of course they just have the tag division on one brand

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12581 on: September 16, 2008, 03:49:53 PM »

I mean imagine Ortiz and Bourne as a tag team that would be awesome.
Hmmmm, I don't think it would to be honest, Bourne is better suited with Rey, them as a super team battling with Priceless for a few months, that's cool, Ortiz has a good singles thing going on, the best way to create tag teams (normally), when concerned with existing roster is to use those who aren't really going anywhere.

People like Paul Burchill, Charlie Haas, Chuck Palumbo, Snitsky, Val Venis, Super Crazy, DH Smith.

Pair up Burchill and Smith, give them some British gimmick and name and their sorted...

.....Haas and Venis are similar and I think would work really well together.

There's plenty to go at but creative do what they are paid to, and creating new teams is not one of those things...
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12582 on: September 17, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »

I mean imagine Ortiz and Bourne as a tag team that would be awesome.
Hmmmm, I don't think it would to be honest, Bourne is better suited with Rey, them as a super team battling with Priceless for a few months, that's cool, Ortiz has a good singles thing going on, the best way to create tag teams (normally), when concerned with existing roster is to use those who aren't really going anywhere.

People like Paul Burchill, Charlie Haas, Chuck Palumbo, Snitsky, Val Venis, Super Crazy, DH Smith.

What, they will never put Rey in the tag division full time. And thats what it needs if you ask me. They should move MNM from ECW to SD or RAW coz they are wasted on ECW especially with guys like swagger coming through as well as this superstar inititive push they have going. Let ECW have Matt Hardy, Finlay, Mark Henry & Chavo fighting for the title and let the youngsters have time on the show to shine.

They needs teams who are tag teams, that rarely wrestle 1-on-1 matches to give it back its freshness. Bourne and Ortiz would be a good Big/Small combo. I'd like to see Haas, Crazy & Smith put into teams.

i think you need two heel teams and two face teams on each major brand (raw/SD) :

RAW
-----

Bourne/Ortiz
Priceless
Cryme Tyme
Burchill & Palumbo

SD
-----

Biscuits & Gravy
Colons
MNM
Hawkins & Ryder

Ah, we have a divison. One Tag Match per Event i.e. every raw/SD and take in turns every PPV for a title defence.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12583 on: September 17, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

Burchill and Palumbo would work, that would be a decent combo and it's apparent both guys will NEVER make it in singles action.  They'd definately need the matching ring gear + team name to win me over, I think most teams should have that, obviously exceptions to that rule are ok, but they should be exceptions.  Owen Hart and British Bulldog are the best example of this....what a team!

I hope the Ryder & Hawkins program with The Colons (they really need a better name that sucks) gets good billing.  Ryder and Hawkins seem to have a hell of a lot of potential but have barely been given a chance to shine, even with the belts.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12584 on: September 17, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »

Raw did a 2.6 rating!

TNA is only halfway behind them!

Brand split must end soon or WWE are in trouble.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12585 on: September 17, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »

Raw did a 2.6 rating!

TNA is only halfway behind them!

Brand split must end soon or WWE are in trouble.

That would imply they did a 1.3, they did a 1.1 last week, double it you get 2.2.   Tongue

But before we degenerate into the same old argument that rating is bad, some might say it goes to show Chris Jericho still isn't a draw as champion.

It's bad for wrestling in general, they aren't slipping because of the wrestling competition, they got their ass kicked by football.

You take TNA and WWE's ratings, add them together and they are still half the rating RAW was doing in it's prime, and then Nitro was still doing ok.

We are looking at combined WCW/WWE ratings of say 8-9.0 compared to combined ratings of 3.7.....in recent years people have just switched off to wrestling.

And....

On the Endangered Species list:

Source: Wrestling Observer & Figure 4 Newsletter:

It?s believed Chuck Palumbo could be on his way out of WWE soon. Vince McMahon thought the motorcycle gimmick was cool at first but eventually got over it and moved on. WWE?s agents have never been high on Palumbo but John Laurinaitis always went to bat for him because they?ve been friends since their WCW days. It was Laurinaitis who got Palumbo his job with All Japan a few years back and eventually convinced WWE to hire him again, saying he had reinvented himself in Japan. Chuck was drafted to RAW from SmackDown in the Draft this year and has yet to appear on TV.

- Another RAW Superstar who is on the endangered species list is Paul London. It?s believed that London has ?no instincts for this? and also has no friends in high places within WWE, which hurts him the most. People close to London say he?s a likable guy, plus he?s bilingual, has talent and actually invested in acting classes on his own to try and improve that part of his character but obviously things aren?t working out on WWE?s end.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:30:19 PM by Hammy » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12586 on: September 17, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »

Burchill and Palumbo would work

If only they'd let us help the creative team ok

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12587 on: September 18, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

Maybe if he got booked as THE PAUL LONDON and turned into a cocky heel he could work up the mid-card ranks on raw.  I like how they draft people to brands and determine they dont like the character so we wont either and just fire them.  Why not let the fans help decide who stays..... and who goes....

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12588 on: September 18, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

According to a report by The Tennessean, the reason Jeff Hardy was not granted access to a flight heading to North Carolina on Wednesday was due to the fact that Southwest employees stated he appeared to be intoxicated at Nashville International Airport's Southwest gate. Hardy was told he couldn't board the flight, but was not arrested and offered a later flight. Southwest spokesman Chris Mainz added, "He was very cooperative and there was no altercation. There was no need to get police."

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12589 on: September 19, 2008, 05:55:07 AM »

According to a report by The Tennessean, the reason Jeff Hardy was not granted access to a flight heading to North Carolina on Wednesday was due to the fact that Southwest employees stated he appeared to be intoxicated at Nashville International Airport's Southwest gate. Hardy was told he couldn't board the flight, but was not arrested and offered a later flight. Southwest spokesman Chris Mainz added, "He was very cooperative and there was no altercation. There was no need to get police."

Of course he was cooperative.... he was baked ok smoking smoking

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12590 on: September 19, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »

I still find it ridiculous that WWE haven't ended the brand extension.

U put every wrestler on both shows and u would have an amazing product again.

U could use ECW as a Cruiserweight/wrestling show

Then Have some feuds on Raw and don't carry them over to SD, have them Raw exclusive and u can still showcase plenty of talent but get rid of both belts etc.

Tonight, I bought "The Rock" The most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment" on PPV and watching it still gets me excited.

The problem today is everything feels so scripted. U can tell that the guys have Promo writers, the matches are all the exact same with no variation as all the cool/innovative moves have been outlawed.

Plus, The Rock doesn't get the credit he deserves but he and Stone Cold should be in the top 5 list of greatest wrestlers of all time. They are so exciting, their ring psychology is brilliant and they can do it all.

I just finished watching The Rock vs Mankind in the World Title tourney and DAMN I was still on the edge of my seat watching this even though I've seen it already.

Its a shame that guys like Batista and John Cena have replaced guys like Stone Cold and The Rock...........

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12591 on: September 19, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »

The brand extension seems to continue as a means of keeping down the work schedule of some wrestlers

I remember how horrified I was when it was first announced - i remember thinking that WWE had finally collapsed in on itself

The ratings for RAW are terrible - didnt it get an 8 or even 9 at some point in '99? Not sure how u win people back

WWE desperately needs to reboot itself - Vince needs to step down and the entire writing staff needs to be replaced, start again from the grand up - i think the rot runs so deep no tinkering will solve things

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12592 on: September 19, 2008, 08:06:40 PM »

Plus, The Rock doesn't get the credit he deserves but he and Stone Cold should be in the top 5 list of greatest wrestlers of all time.

They are in mine! Numbers 3 & 4!

WWE desperately needs to reboot itself - Vince needs to step down and the entire writing staff needs to be replaced, start again from the grand up - i think the rot runs so deep no tinkering will solve things

You want the guy that made wrestling what it is today to step down... Russo is starting to affect TNA fans sanity ok

I agree that some new writing is needed and i would be in Favour of Making WWE a two brand company rather than three, but to say get rid of everyone is silly and i think it shows a distinct lack of knowledge of how wrestling has always been a "Boom And Bust" market

The whole wrestling industry is down on their best figures. Maybe its because they have people telling Knock, Knock Jokes.... oh and their best talent wrestling Frank Trigg hihi Or Maybe the wrestling world is missing that HUGE star that people like Stone Cold & Rock used to bring.

Personally i think WWE needs to re-vamp the Tag division and to have more intense storylines like HBK vs Jericho as well as continuing the comedy aspect of their shows. I'd also like to see traditional Face/Heel logic get a shake-up so matches dont always point towards obvious winners

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12593 on: September 19, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »

I dont care if Russo, saved a classroom full fo children from a burning orphanedge, he's still the bozo who made David Arquette world champion.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12594 on: September 20, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »

WOW that Rock thing really showed me how shitty WWE is today

The WWE Title actually changed hands on RAW! Those shows were so exciting and amazing. In the Last Man Standing match with Mick Foley, The Rock actually got the Mic and cut a promo mid match! LOL! He was singing Smackdown Hotel with Mick on the canvas. LOL

That kind of spotaneous shit just doesnt happen anymore. the matches were world class also. The selling just really makes those matches. Today, the matches seem really generic for the most part.

I got to thinking abou what John Cena said about The Rock.

Lets see.

The Rock is probably the greatest Talker in wrestling history by FAR. the fact he came up with most of those catch phrases on his own is just astounding.

He coined the phrase Smackdown which is a FUCKING brand now.

HE brought in the People's elbow and now EVERYBODY including John Cena rip that move off in a different variation.

WWE was so amazing when they listened to the fans and didn't care about selling T Shirts to 12 year olds.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:36:32 PM by D » Logged

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12595 on: September 20, 2008, 02:15:56 PM »

You want the guy that made wrestling what it is today to step down... Russo is starting to affect TNA fans sanity ok

lol 'wrestling what it is today'?

wrestling today is crap

Raw this week was a whole load of ''fun'' - the almost obligatory unlocked steel cage match (why have a cage at all), lol - to think the title is now the curtain jerker match

...are there any faces on Raw, did i miss someone?

People seme to cheer for people largely out of desperation...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12596 on: September 20, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »

The Rock's never been a full-time member of the roster since I started watching wrestling back in 2001, except for that time Vicne brought him back from his 'suspenion' to fight the Alliance. Poor timing from me....

But yeah, The Rock is fairly amusing.

(Fully Loaded 1999, Rock on the Titantron talking to HHH in the ring. "They didn't keep you at the bottom of the barrel because you wanted to say goodbye to your roody-poo friends in Madison Square Garden, they kept you at the bottom of the barrel because you absolutely suck!" Best line ever. rofl)

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12597 on: September 20, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »

CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Cryme Tyme
Mickie James
Candice Michelle

and so on...

(See what happens when you fast forward most of the show)...
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12598 on: September 20, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »

lol 'wrestling what it is today'?

A multi million dollar industry which allows companies like TNA to even have a TV deal. And a industry with a TV show that is about to celebrate its 800th show next monday.... thats pretty special. An industry where at one point there was so much demand for it... they created 2 TV shows for it. and now 3!

Vince has created something that not many could.... and not because of money but because of vision. Ratings go up and down.... remember WCW's boom, well now its things like MMA that take away from the ratings. Wrestling is a unique industry in the sense that all it needs is one superstar to emerge and people would tune in again. not many shows or industrys can turn around so quickly which is as much of an advantage as a disadvantage these days.

CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Cryme Tyme
Mickie James
Candice Michelle

Yeah but is that it? hihi

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12599 on: September 20, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »

CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Cryme Tyme
Mickie James
Candice Michelle

Yeah but is that it? hihi
You really wanted me to waste my time listing...

Val Venis
Charlie Haas
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Kelly Kelly
Jamie Noble

Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: