Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824397 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12540 on: September 05, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »

Mick Foley called into "Opie & Anthony" earlier today talking about his departure from WWE. Foley confirmed reports that he was not a fan of being yelled at by Vince McMahon while on commentary and was told by JBL that it wouldn't get any easier. He added that the breaking point was getting yelled at during the Edge-Vickie wedding and was told by some that Vince was nicer to him than anyone else in his position before at times.

What exactly was Vince's problem with Foley's commentary? That's not sarcasm BTW, I really don't know the full story.

Also from the same article:

He wouldn't comment on when he would be debuting for TNA, but confirmed he had signed with them. Opie & Anthony responded saying no one watches TNA. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12541 on: September 05, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »

What exactly was Vince's problem with Foley's commentary? That's not sarcasm BTW, I really don't know the full story.
I don't think he had a problem with it as such, more a case of that is how everyone gets treated.  I believe Michael Cole has received his fair share of bashing over the years.

At first I wasn't ultra keen with Foley I thought he had some rocky weeks, but once he was paired with Jim Ross I thought they worked really well together.

I have also been very impressed with Matt Striker on ECW, he has referred to himself as the interim commentator, but I hope he sticks around in that position, his old school references and comments from a wrestlers point of view (much like Foley) are really good.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12542 on: September 06, 2008, 03:11:38 PM »

Really looking forward to Unforgiven - I have run Smackdown down for some 9 years now - but its without doubt the premier brand, Raw is frankly pathetic - without Cena they are in dire straights

Smackdown has such a core of exciting talent - 'The' Brian Kendrick is great, and despite MVP and Benjamin's repotoire of 3 moves they are good on the mike and will only improve. With Triple H, Edge and the Undertaker there to keep things ticking over WWE is on to a winner. I keep hoping they really get the US title scene going - Benjamin, Kendrick, MVP, Matt Hardy etc - could make that quite something

The scramble should see Jeff Hardy take the title, though i dont see who he would fued with - face v face with Triple H won't work, and a heel Triple H wont work unless he's in a stable.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12543 on: September 06, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »

and despite MVP and Benjamin's repotoire of 3 moves they are good on the mike and will only improve.
Benjamin I'd say is already great in the ring, much superior than MVP, MVP though is a superb talker and character, if you could take the best elements of BOTH guys you would have one hell of a wrestler, no doubt.

They do have potential for a good title scene to, much better than RAWs. (Matt Hardy's out of the scene though, different show and after ECW Title Gold).

Thing with RAWs, is, I love Santino Marella, really I do, but as a character more than anything.  Santino vs D'Lo or Kofi hardly grasps my interest, promos yes, but sometimes you miss the days where midcard titles had big Ladder Matchesque battles.  Seems to often the top gimmicks are reserved for the World Title guys.  I'd definately like to see Benjamin defending his title in a Ladder Match, maybe even with Jeff Hardy (their recent battles were great), as for the Scrambles, all 3 retain I'd guess, Triple H at the very least.

If Jeff Hardy won, I'd demand they have him feud with a returning Edge, great matches guaranteed.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12544 on: September 07, 2008, 07:26:53 AM »

repotoire of 3 moves?

most of the greatest wrestlers have only 3 moves
HHH -spinebuster, high knee, pedigree
Shawn Michaels- Superkick, Elbowdrop, diving closeline kip up
The Rock- Rock Bottom, Peoples Elbow, Samoan Drop
Edge- Spear, DDT, Flash Back
Benoit- 3germans, headbutt nd crossface

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12545 on: September 07, 2008, 07:47:25 AM »

repotoire of 3 moves?

most of the greatest wrestlers have only 3 moves
HHH -spinebuster, high knee, pedigree
Shawn Michaels- Superkick, Elbowdrop, diving closeline kip up
Edge- Spear, DDT, Flash Back
Benoit- 3germans, headbutt nd crossface

Lol - please dont encourage me

I am VERY much aware those wrestlers (and others) have 3 moves!

Ah well - if the fued is good and they have good mike skills I can let it slide....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12546 on: September 07, 2008, 09:32:40 AM »

....Spinebuster, Sharpshooter, His version of the DDT and that's just off the top of my head.  Tongue
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12547 on: September 07, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »

....Spinebuster, Sharpshooter, His version of the DDT and that's just off the top of my head.  Tongue

Worst.Sharpshooter.Ever yes

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12548 on: September 07, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »

Hogan (the best in the business ever) Bodyslam, Big Boot, Leg Drop (I dont count "Hulking Up" as a move
Macho Man, he did what the sleeper, a few punches and an elbow drop.
Yokozuna, Leg to face, Chop, Ass Drop
Flair: Chops, Running Knee Drop, Figure Four

I think most wrestlers have the 3 moves they do over and over.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12549 on: September 07, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »

haha when hardy hit the ECW belt it sounded like plastic rofl rofl

[/color]

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12550 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:31 PM »

i';m glad cenas gone i'm sick of his face Angry only when i first thought of this i didn't want him gone forever Undecided i'm thinkin he'll return like in 2 or 3 years kinda like what Shawn did.

as for that match i was a lil disapoited, i was hoping that he'd make Y2J bleed more o-well a win non-the-less

i'll say it was about par. i would've have said better but the ending was just like WTF?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12551 on: September 08, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »

Triple H is a 13 time champion now....so he ''officially'' lost the title in order to win it again?! - despite the rules saying the only ''official'' change was at the end of the 20 mins, how does that work?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12552 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »

^I don't understand that either. Going in, I thought that the WWE only recognised the last guy to get a pin as the 'official' champion but whenever someone got a fall, they were saying he was the "current WWE Champion". Does that mean that Jeff Hardy and Brian Kendrick have been WWE Champions??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12553 on: September 08, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »

^I don't understand that either. Going in, I thought that the WWE only recognised the last guy to get a pin as the 'official' champion but whenever someone got a fall, they were saying he was the "current WWE Champion". Does that mean that Jeff Hardy and Brian Kendrick have been WWE Champions??
Well they were ''current'' champions but not recognised champions i.e it was not sanctioned.....but that still doesnt work....

Triple H pinned 2 people right? That would mean he 'lost' the title twice in that match - so that would make him a 14 time champion?! Jeff Hardy is now a 2 time champion and Brian Kendrick is also a WWE champion....

Oh mercy....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12554 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »

Okay post match review

Without doubt: Best PPV of the year (gives a good thrashing to Wrestlemania)

...even the ECW match was great (though I confess I didnt waste my time with the women's match so have no idea how that went)

Jericho winning the title is just bizarre - why?! Wouldn't it have made more sense for Orton to sneak in for the win? Or Reagal? Regardless, added some unpredictability to things

It was great to see the Smackdown guys get title shots - and...judging by the dubious commentary, Kendrick, Jeff Hardy and Triple H ALL won titles.....

Triple H did the pedigree correctly for the first time in years Shocked (though Jericho has ditched the 'walls of jericho' for a boston crab it seems)

Great entertainment

...though the Big Show v Taker bit was botched, smack him with a chair or a chokeslam - ''headbutts'' just look stupid...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12555 on: September 08, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »

Ok here is my take on Unforgiven. SPOILER ALERT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE YET TO WATCH IT

ECW Title Match - I thought the match was decent if not unpredictable. We all said that Henry probally wouldn't get pinned if he lost it and it was always gonna be between Henry & Hardy for the winner. My gut feeling is that it would have been better for Henry to retain and let Hardy beat him 1on1 but still i'm happy Hardy is champion. Good solid opener.

i've also mentioned before how WWE might have both Hardy's win their 1st world titles in the same night. I think WWE teased it well with the backstage segment although as i previously mentioned when Jeff hit the ECW belt it sounded like plastic.

Tag Title Match- Ok i was quite impressed with this match. I haven't seen that much of Cryme Tyme wrestle and they were better than i thought they would be. The Old School tag team strategy of Priceless was fun to watch.... and i think the match was played out well... just when it looked like Cryme Tyme could have a chance Priceless sneak a win. I must say i see so much potential in DiBiase Jr he could be huge. The after match fight was great due to the fact that Afa from FCW came to the ring to help priceless and thus confirming an at least 3 man alliance of next generation stars.

Also i must say i am really enjoying the Orton/Priceless segments.... i am really hoping they become a full fledged stable soon coz it would benefit them all, including Orton. I have been impressed in Ortons mic workk since coming back... he's always been good but he has more of a steel to his word now and i like that.

Unsantioned Match - Ok, where to start! I'm not sure how much HBK was injured and thus slowing the match down.... but i'm not sure the match did the build up credit. I think HBK's elbow to the table was brilliant as was the psycology of the match, both really into their hatred of each other. But i did expect more from this. Like i said maybe its all due the injury and if that the case i think HBK did extremly well to do what he did. I was rather suprised that they put this match on so early (although its obvious later on) as i thought that this could even be the final match. But here is my moan..... At the start of the match Lillian said it can only be finished via pinfall or submission.... well it ended with neither and i think that was stupid. Y2J was also doing ok for himself until Cade came down and then he just got battered.... personally i'd have liked to have seen more from Y2J. aside from that it was good but not great.

WWE Scramble - Best match of the night for me. It was a joy to see Kendrick and i think he came out of this match in a different league to when he went in and i think the next 12 months could be big for him. Like i said earlier i think they teased the Jeff Hardy win well and he Shelton & Kendrick were excellent. There was a couple of things to mention.... the fall of MVP.... now recently rumours have been circulating that MVP has pissed off people backstage... well judging by that match its true... he was fodder for everyone and didn't manage a pinfall over anyone or hit his finisher on anyone. To be honest aside from the triple suplex/powerbomb thing he wasn't involved in much the entire match. The other bone i have to pick with the match was the finish. Jeff Hardy was the "current champ" and when HHH went for the pin, instead of breaking it up he decided to pin someone else... now that doesn't make sense because the ref was already counting HHH's pin and even if Hardy had got the pin it wouldn't of changed anything..... Odd finish. Also must note the awesome Pedigree on Kendrick via HHH

Diva's title Match - Well the crowd were yelling boring and to be honest they were right. I think its important for womens matches to have good Psycology to suceed. its something that Mickie James, Beth Pheonix & Natayla are great at. McCool looked ok but Mayrse looked nervous and to be honest to have this match instead of a IC title (we have a honk-a-meter to think about people) or Women's title made little sense to me. And even worse to put it 2nd to last match. Just odd all round for me.

Ok the segment with Randy Orton and Priceless attacking Punk.... its hard to understand what to make of it. Clearly Orton is nearer return than we think because lets face it, Punk is coming for him as of Monday night. I think the whole Priceless proving themselves to Orton is brilliant and they have worked it so well. Poor old Kofi Kingston tried to help but just got battered and i'm not sure why they even had him involved unless maybe its just a way to make a match for RAW, say Afa (new guy) vs Kingston. Bt once Orton kicked Punk in the head i knew we were in for a interesting last title match.

Then we have Adamle come on the stage and say if Punk can't compete he'll find a replacement.... everyone thinks Orton straight away. But i always thought it would have been hard to justify given the guy who kicked Punk out of the match his place in the Match. Then Regal wants in and i'm thinking hell no. And then the whole Undertaker vs Big Show/Vickie thing. Now i found this extremely odd... and i'm sure everyone saw it coming as soon as show didn't leave the ring when Taker came out. I mean obviously now we have a feud between SD's most unlikely to wrestle. but it was something that could have been played out on SD leaving room for another match. I think things like this should be kept to TV and not PPV.

World Championship Scramble - Ok, i thought this match was good, simply for the intrigue of whether Punk would make the match or who would replace him. I have to say the wrestling itself wasn't great and Rey Mysterio provided the most energy as you would expect in a match otherwise full of big men. The truth is not alot mattered because everyone was waiting to see who was the 5th guy, was it Orton, Punk, Regal. Well the time came and Y2J's music hit (wow). He stumbled to the ring selling injuries really well i must add... and with seconds to go sneaked the win to deny Batista. Hmmm.... Now i am a huge Jericho fan and if Punk was gonna lose it i'm glad its him over the others in that match. But i can't help but think its bad booking. Punk gets one kick in the head and is out, but Y2J gets beaten so bad the ref stops the match and he not only makes it but wins it.... ok he didn't do much in the match but still he is concussed and beaten, supposedly with everything HBK had to give and 90 minutes later he is world champion... i'm not so sure. But still i'm happy he is champion... lets hope he gets a decent run with it.

--------
---------

Overal i think the PPV was good. I think maybe the Scramble matches were interesting and threw us out two new champions (Hardy & Jericho)although a bit more thought into the finishes might have been worthwhile. The match i thought would be the best wasn't (HBK vs Y2J)  but like i said above that maybe due to HBK's injuries. The PPV had the emergence of a new alliance (which may turn into a stable) as well as impresive performances from Kendrick, Rey, Jeff Hardy & HBK as well as Miz being busted open for real. and on RAW we have a new era, the Y2J era... but it looks like his Feud with HBK isn't over, so i guess HBK will get a shot at the title. and with the feud that these guys have put on... i hope HBK rests up and they have a match that really fits the build-up and if its over the title then that will make it all the better.

Only really two duds for me with Diva's title and the Undertaker/Big Show segment. Not sure i'd say best PPV of the year as i'd have liked to have seen more matches but without a doubt not the worst. And the other interesting thing for me was the seemingly demotion of MVP on the SD heel roster. Whether or not it will last i dont know. but it would be a shame if MVP jut faded away because i think he is quality.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:30:00 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12556 on: September 08, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »

Everyone can agree Dibiase Jnr and Kendrick just have that magic that a great needs

Straight away they stood out from the crowd - booked right they will be Champions in the next few years

Not sure how well Kendrick was handled in the Scramble - he did win his first WWE title with a clean pin on Jeff - but was crushed by Triple H. If he's ever going to get main event billing he's going to need to overcome his size disadvantage - and Triple H pummelling him didnt help

..but we did get an awesome pedigree - hats off to Kendrick for being up for it, must hurt! I hope he uses more of the highly flying moves we've seen him do with Paul London, would really help him stand out

Really looking forward to the Orton stable - very promising

..and those bruises on Jericho - ouch he was cut and bashed all over

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12557 on: September 08, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »

Everyone can agree Dibiase Jnr and Kendrick just have that magic that a great needs

Straight away they stood out from the crowd - booked right they will be Champions in the next few years

Not sure how well Kendrick was handled in the Scramble - he did win his first WWE title with a clean pin on Jeff - but was crushed by Triple H. If he's ever going to get main event billing he's going to need to overcome his size disadvantage - and Triple H pummelling him didnt help

..but we did get an awesome pedigree - hats off to Kendrick for being up for it, must hurt! I hope he uses more of the highly flying moves we've seen him do with Paul London, would really help him stand out

Yeah Kendrick's size is a problem but i think having Eziekel with him helps alot if they stay together for another 6 months at least that will be promising. I think the WWE title is a bit away yet but maybe 2 years down the line if all goes well. I think the only problem is that most small champions are face's so i think he might need to turn before a world title run. But i'm looking forward to him going for the US Title Early next year... maybe at Wrestlemania!

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12558 on: September 08, 2008, 02:48:17 PM »

How injured did Orton seem last night when he was attacking CM Punk?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12559 on: September 08, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »

How injured did Orton seem last night when he was attacking CM Punk?

In all honesty not that injured but he didn't throw a punch only a kick. So its hard to say to be honest.

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: