Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824372 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12520 on: September 03, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »

Well he is much more talented than at least 3 of those old guys you mentioned.

As for never topping Hell in a Cell, fine people will always remember that above all else but he's had a whole load of great matches, promos, feuds since then, it was after that and during his face run he achieved his peak in popularity.  I only hope if he wrestles, he is in considerably better shape than he has been, the dude has never had a great physique but there are limits.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12521 on: September 03, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »

As for never topping Hell in a Cell, fine people will always remember that above all else but he's had a whole load of great matches, promos, feuds since then, it was after that and during his face run he achieved his peak in popularity.  I only hope if he wrestles, he is in considerably better shape than he has been, the dude has never had a great physique but there are limits.

He's a legend... but the thing about legends they dont travel well. "How Many Special People Change" famous line from a famous song and its true. True greats don't change. Like Angle could have been a true legend but the fact he jumped ship just takes the gloss off.  Same for Goldberg! Now i know its slightly different but thats how i feel about the news. Foley is brillant and he'll be good in TNA its just sad to see him leave to do the same thing over there. And if he wrestles then it will have to be in a huge angle and i'm not sure he is in the shape to pull it off

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12522 on: September 03, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »

Yeah but as Cactus Jack, he was in a decent shape to sell the character. As Dude Love he was a little bigger but could still sell himself in the ring, I think when I seen him fight Ric Flair in a 2 out of 3 falls and Flair one the two first falls he was way out of shape and hasnt come back from there.  He needs to get our of the PJS/ Sweat pants and get back into a good enough shape to be able to sell himself serious in the ring and not as an old joke.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12523 on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:34 PM »

Like Angle could have been a true legend but the fact he jumped ship just takes the gloss off. 

Angle is better than he's ever been - he's not just one of the greatest wrestlers of all time but his mic skills and promos are unrivaled in the current era

His persona isnt just a good heel, its hilarious. You cant help but love him - he's as good as The Rock, Stone Cold or Triple H were at their peak.

If you watched TNA with an open mind you'd see the increased freedom he's been given has helped him reach new levels - long live Kurt Angle!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12524 on: September 04, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »

Foley in TNA...odd

They did need something big - the loss of Tomko and Gail Kim hasnt gone un noticed

...I'd prefer him as a commentator

If he is back wrestling - why did he quit 8 years ago?

..and surely this will only destroy his lucrative relationship with WWE?

Regardless, its a statement of intent - WWE has a potent enemy againing strength

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12525 on: September 04, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

Regardless, its a statement of intent - WWE has a potent enemy againing strength

Not Really like you said WWE just took their best female talent. And lets be honest if WWE went to most on the TNA roster and offered them a contract they'd be on their way. Most of them are only there, with WWE blessing. I remember AJ Styles being a jobber on a couple of Heats.... now i'm a fan of AJ but it seems to me they could have had him then and probally could now.

There is only really Sting that has refused WWE over and over. And in all honesty the only 4 men i'd like to see in WWE are Shelley, Sabin, AJ & Cage.... even Joe .... i dont think would suit WWE

[/color]

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12526 on: September 04, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »

Foley in TNA...odd

They did need something big - the loss of Tomko and Gail Kim hasnt gone un noticed

TNA is not yet on WWE's level. If wwe came knocking on the door of Mick Foley again, apologizing and asking for him to come back for a main storyline, He would do it in a heartbeat. Just like almost all of the TNA roster would leave if wwe came calling.  WWE is considered the Big Leagues, where TNA is considered by many wrestlers and others in the industry as the minors. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12527 on: September 04, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »

Not Really like you said WWE just took their best female talent.

Lol - hardly a mortal blow!

and Awesome Kong and the Beautiful People are the top talent - Gail could wrestle, but these guys entertain

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12528 on: September 04, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

WWE has a potent enemy againing strength
They sign Christian thinking he's gonna majorly boost ratings, then Angle and Sting and they aren't even beating ECW at the moment, last week ECW got a 1.3 rating, Impact! a 1.1.  They are a long way off being competition, unless you believe the crap Angle spouts in his interviews...

....on the Gail Kim front, I came across an article earlier saying she hadn't signed with WWE and was talking about returning to TNA already.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12529 on: September 04, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »

TNA is not yet on WWE's level. If wwe came knocking on the door of Mick Foley again, apologizing and asking for him to come back for a main storyline, He would do it in a heartbeat. Just like almost all of the TNA roster would leave if wwe came calling.  WWE is considered the Big Leagues, where TNA is considered by many wrestlers and others in the industry as the minors. smoking

Not on WWE's level?

You are darn right! TNA entertains and features wrestling - its got it all wrong!

I love the argument WWE is better because it offers bigger salaries.....

Bah, enough with these TNA vs WWE arguments

WWE is clearly better - after all, every finisher is a kick, helps me remember who does what move......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12530 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »

They sign Christian thinking he's gonna majorly boost ratings, then Angle and Sting and they aren't even beating ECW at the moment, last week ECW got a 1.3 rating, Impact! a 1.1.  They are a long way off being competition, unless you believe the crap Angle spouts in his interviews...

....on the Gail Kim front, I came across an article earlier saying she hadn't signed with WWE and was talking about returning to TNA already.

...ratings make something good?

Surely the real issue is...who watches ECW and why?!?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12531 on: September 04, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »

...ratings make something good?

Surely the real issue is...who watches ECW and why?!?

Try reading what I quoted! Your comment about WWE has a potent enemy againing strength, Impact's ratings have been stuck in the same shoddy place they have always been, they are not becoming bigger competition, you can think they are the best thing going, the point was not about quality but about them actually being competition.  Like I've said recently, I've watched it the past few weeks and enjoyed it, and your comment about every finisher in WWE is a kick? So flippant, you have a go at the WWE fans in this thread not being open minded yet you come out with comments like that, and since you've said before you fast forward RAW and such in about 30 minutes I doubt you can judge a show or its matches when you hardly see any of it, but yeah enough with these WWE vs TNA arguments, as you so nicely put it!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12532 on: September 04, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »

Not on WWE's level?

You are darn right! TNA entertains and features wrestling - its got it all wrong!

I love the argument WWE is better because it offers bigger salaries.....

Bah, enough with these TNA vs WWE arguments

WWE is clearly better - after all, every finisher is a kick, helps me remember who does what move......

Oh please just shut up with your WWE=Satin - tna=saviours act, its getting very stale.

Simple matter of fact is, if tna were in the same league yet they would:
*Have similar ratings to WWE - Fail
*Make similar profits to WWE - Fail
*Sell out House Shows & PPVs - Fail

It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:33:33 PM by slash666 » Logged

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12533 on: September 04, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »

Interviewer: ...there were some pictures online attributed to you that said you did some adult work. I look at your bio and it doesn't seem like something you would have done. Your reaction to that?

Mickie: Well, umm I think that, uhh...I mean, I've been doing this for 11 years and I think that everybody... like I said before everybody comes from different backgrounds. I don't think that...

Interviewer: So you did it?

Mickie: Well... you know what? It's kind of hard to say, I've done some things in my past but that doesn't make me who I am today.

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1220571133&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

It's not really that difficult to say, a simple yes would cover it. Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12534 on: September 04, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »

Izzy is right as usual with TNA and u guys are wrong.

TNA are NEW so of course u aren't gonna compete with an established brand in anything. WWE are the Mainstream which is why they sell like they sell.

I think its hilarious how Hammy and u other guys will say Hulk Hogan isn't the greatest wrestler of all time and THEN turn around and say WWE is better cause it is most popular and makes the most money etc.

TNA's wrestlng is FAR superior to WWE

If u like lame, cheesy soap opera stuff, WWE is for u but that ISNT wrestling.

WWE have like 8 great wrestlers, TNA have maybe 20.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12535 on: September 04, 2008, 10:27:45 PM »

If u like lame, cheesy soap opera stuff
Then you'll love what Russo has done for TNA and, all us guys being "wrong", as usual and Izzy being right  rofl   I love your posts defining who is right and wrong, so certain and precise on something so subjective.  People brought Izzy up on factual stuff, like him saying they are becoming competition, fact is, they aren't, figures don't lie.    We are talking about money making and success here.  Is TNA even turning a profit yet? You say NEW like they opened up shop last week, and heck the ratings for Impact! have rarely changed since the show first started.  Considering most of your Bon Jovi arguments centre around their success i'm surprised at....well no i'm not.

I've said it before, I've enjoyed TNA the past few weeks (but to think they don't have cheese, bad promos as admittedly WWE can is plain crazy) and their wrestling is a different style, they like WWE have both good and bad matches (IMO obviously).  Criticism of some WWE matches, yeah some can be dull and boring and short, TNA...clusterfucks, multiple run-ins, too many spots (less is more).  I like stuff from both, it'd be nice if the harshness could die out here, this threads is meant to be the place to escape from the crap that fills other sections on this board.  Seriously though, Bon Jovi bashing aside, can't we all just get along? Tongue
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12536 on: September 05, 2008, 03:53:19 AM »

Foley in TNA...odd

Where in this comment does it say wwe is better than tna? It doesn't. It simply states the WWE is in a different league than TNA evident by the fact that almost all of its stars would leave if offered a major push in the WWE. No question. WWE is seen as the place to be if you want the world's eye on you as a professional wreslter. Much in the same way a minor leaguer wants to play for the big leagues. Could TNA get there? Sure it could. But is it anywhere close to that. Hell no. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12537 on: September 05, 2008, 07:07:49 AM »

I think its hilarious how Hammy and u other guys will say Hulk Hogan isn't the greatest wrestler of all time and THEN turn around and say WWE is better cause it is most popular and makes the most money etc.

Its not better coz its popular, its more popular coz its better. TNA is one dimensional, and if its your cup of Tea then great but WWE offers more than TNA including deeper stroylines, comedy and wrestling amongst other things.

And Hulk Hogan is the biggest name ever in wrestling, but that doesn't make him the best! thats a stupid argument.

TNA's wrestlng is FAR superior to WWE

In Your Opinion.

Personally if you give me my 3 dream matches in WWE vs Your 3 dream matches in TNA.... i'd put money that i'd prefer to watch WWE, as i'm sure you'd prefer TNA.

If you love spot filled matches, average promos, run-in mania, ending PPV's not knowing whos champion, Electric Cage matches (haha) and Kurt Angle believing that he is gonna take TNA above WWE then great but i can take it or leave it.

If u like lame, cheesy soap opera stuff, WWE is for u but that ISNT wrestling.

Well actually its is American wrestling. Isn't Eric Young going around as a superhero (hurricane helms anyone) and you can't more of a soap opera than Sting and Jarrett.... Seen it all before. All wrestling has this element no matter how you try and spin it. I mean tell me you dont find Glamarella funny.... I dare you!

I mean we are talking about sucess here.... was ECW a sucess? IMO i'd take original ECW anyday over TNA but just like TNA its style was too one dimensional and ended up in trouble. Now TNA has more money behind it but still can't really step up and challenge WWE! Maybe its one of lifes mysterys that will never be solved. hihi

If u like lame, cheesy soap opera stuff
Then you'll love what Russo has done for TNA and, all us guys being "wrong", as usual and Izzy being right  rofl   I love your posts defining who is right and wrong, so certain and precise on something so subjective

Russo... haha.

But Hammy is right. I'm not trying to convert anyone here i just won't be converted myself. I tried to watch TNA and for a while when the X-Division was alive with AJ, Joe & Daniels it was great but its hit the slippery slope that many do including ECW & WCW IMO.

The most interesting thing going in TNA is the women for me.... and WWE will probally counter that by taking some more. And why? coz they can!

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12538 on: September 05, 2008, 08:17:28 AM »

Great points made Gnrfan.

Last thing I'll say on the subject, me & Sweet know (and work with) a British wrestler, Pac, one of the best highflyers in the world. tna have offered him a contract numerous times, yet he always rejects them with his reason being "I don't want to sabotage my career by going there" which as I've found out is a suprisingly popular answer among indy wrestlers which gives you the general opinion of tna.

Re: Mickie James, boy that sounded uncomfortable!  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12539 on: September 05, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »

nah dean mate its not sabataging his career its just he heard tna has a shit atmosphere backstage and PAC prefers going to japan

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: