Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824399 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12480 on: August 30, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »

Has anyone else realised the 'championship scramble' is just an old hardcore belt battle royale?
Aye Wrestlemania 2000 all over again, said it at the time, the whole its a new concept thing is a bit bollocks and 3 are one show is a bit overkill (it is a good way to get some talent into the Main Event picture though...it might work), although it guarantees ECW will actually get 20+ minutes on PPV.

I was thinking with Punk it's more a perfect way for him to keep it.  They hardly put him clean over Batista, but in these circumstances, it works, and the whole hype and he's guaranteed to lose the belt really makes me think he won't.

As for the ECW one I see Mark Henry retaining again, its another way for his reign to continue without directly jobbing out Hardy again, as the only "Monster" on that show they want to keep him strong.

I think the change is more likely in the Smackdown one, match concepts like this were invented for Triple H to save face.  Speaking of people in that match, The Brian Kendrick's promo on Smackdown this week, superb!  It's wonderful to see him getting this push, I just hope size doesn't become an issue (probably will....but I'll be optimistic for now).  Actually thinking about it again, maybe Triple H will retain I mean looking at the guys in it, I doubt they'd put the belt on any of them yet, as great as MVP is it's a bit out of leftfield, and Hardy is one suspension of getting canned for good.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12481 on: August 30, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

Jeff Hardy is winning

Remember, CM has HIS SPOT right now. Jeff is clean, they will take the gamble and give him the title run

Remember, the area from October to December is the king of the transitional champion period. This is the time where they give a guy a shot at carrying the title.

That person always loses at RR however and the real WM main eventers take form.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12482 on: August 30, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »

CM Punk "Has his spot now" because he messed up this year, if they took a gamble this soon they'd be really stupid, his whole it'll never happen again speech is hardly new, I like the guy, but he should have to be clean for at least 18 months before they give him a top line shot.  Saying that Orton gets forgiven at the drop of a hat...

...assuming they were to let him run with the ball, heels (and soon to be heels) for him to feud with, MVP, Edge and Big Show he could have a nice little run.  Still I'd be surprised if he got it.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12483 on: August 30, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »

Has anyone else realised the 'championship scramble' is just an old hardcore belt battle royale?

Makes it fairly obvious Triple H is losing the title - guess Jeff Hardy is finally getting the push he doesnt deserve

I'd assume Punk will lose as well (as its a perfect way for him to lose and save face)...though who else should get the title...there are precious few potential champions about

Yeah i seen the comparisons on a few boards, the problem was the WM 2000 Hardcore title, at the Time the Hardcore title could be defended 24/7 anywhere, so in theory anyone could of joined in the match and won the title, I believe it had a botch finish with Harcore getting the 3 count as the ref didint time it right for time to run out before the 3 count. Also in the match if you won you were not the temporary champion as WWE records shows as everyone who got a pin is regonized as a world champion.

As for the Scramble Its not a Adalmeshitbag Original Idea, and the fact they are whoring out this "new idea" for all shows is going to kind of ruin the uniquness of the match.   I also think looking at the Matches,

SD, I cant see anyone besides HHH wearing that title right now, going to a new network they are going to want the biggest star on SD wearing the Title to carry the title. I am just hoping MVP and HHH fued good in the match and it leeds to them fueding afterwards for the title.

ECW match,  I can see Hardy Winning or I can See Henry Retaining thats it. Finlay, Chavo, Miz. Miz is a fan favorite but terrible in the ring missing spots, thats why they hardly ever throw him in 1 on 1 matches, FInlay is great, but world champion I dont see that happening, Chavo? God I still dont understand how he got his first reign. Hardy or Henry will win but they wont be pinning each other to win.

RAW, This is the interesting one, now I know damn well One of the 3 titles Has to change (in theory 2 out of 3 should because ALL THE ODDS ARE AGAINST THE CHAMPIONS) CM Punk, Bastita, Jbl, I could see them ALL Winning, I dotn see Punk getting pinned, I dont see Bastita getting pinned.  I know Rey is not going to win,k He will probalby be the guy pinned, Besides after the match Kane and Rey are going to have their little fued, and that fued wont be world title material.

Priceless VS Crime Time,  No way Crime time can win, as I dont see them wrestling on TV except once every 8 weeks, well actually the title is only defended on Raw once every 8 weeks, so maybe they got a chance.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12484 on: August 30, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »

A difference between the Wrestlemania Hardcore Battle Royal and the Championship Scramble is that only 2 guys will start and someone else comes down every 5 minutes. Also, in the Battle Royal, you had to pin the champion (which didn't stop everyone from fighting amongst themselves rather than going after the champ Tongue).

Though I did enjoy that Battle Royal...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12485 on: August 30, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »

Yeah the Scrambles are gonna be fun i think.

I think all 3 have possibilites for change (although i dont think it will go 3 for 3).

When i Look at the SD match... I see HHH, who would never lose to any of his opponents 1 on 1 at this point in their careers. And i wonder if Big Show will kick start his feud with HHH in this match. You know come down and destroy everyone. When i look at Jeff Hardy & MVP i see two guys who will be champions at some point but i'm not sure that time is now and they seem to be feuding with Shelton Benjamin which has potential. To Be honest i think this match has the best talent in it when you think what Shelton, Kendrick, MVP & Jeff Hardy can do inside those ropes and throw in HHH it could be a barnstomer. and like Hammy said its made for HHH to lose and keep face. For HHH to lose i think Big show would have to cost him the title as well as the format disadvantage.... but who would he drop it too? I can see it going either way.And on Top of that i think Undertaker will be going after the title come Survivor Series.

RAW is the most interesting in terms of outcome, because i think opinion is divided as far as CM Punk's reign has gone and it has genuine contenders to take the title away... something that SD & ECW dosen' have in droves. I mean aside from Kane i think there is a case for all to win it. Rey is an Outsider but on his return its a slim possibility, but i think his feud with Kane is far from over and i don't think that could be for a world title. JBL is liked by Vince and a top Heel On Raw. And if the plan is to put the title on Batista they may prefer a 1 on 1 Face vs Heel feud to do that in.... and with Y2J involved with HBK, JBL is the only real contender for that role, so thats the case for JBL. Like i mentioned before Batista is the expected winner by most but its unusual to a face to gain advantage from match conditions.... and the fact that he could pin everyone in the match and still not win seems to be an ideal oppourtunity to make him look awesome and keep the fans wanting more. Can CM Punk retain? who knows... i think he has done well in his title run and to walk away with this match would make him a proper champion instead of a lucky champion.

The ECW match is not as much of a mystery as i think only 3 can walk away with the title (Finlay, Henry or Hardy). Finlay is the outsider but is a well respected member of the roster that has more than paid his dues..... Will his feud with Knox be a turning point, Maybe. Henry is a good Heel champion and the classic Face vs Heel battle with Matt seems to have more juice in it yet, so maybe he'll be on for a retain when many people think its Matt Hardy's time. You'll be hard pushed to find someone who doesn't want a Hardy title win and he has just as much of a chance as anyone... i just think that on his first world title win it would be 1 on 1 after being denied so many times and not in a match where it favours him and other challengers.

Personally i think only one will change hands.... but i think its hard to say which match and i haven't even made up my mind myself who will win. But i have to disagree with Hammy with saying its overkill as i think its really interesting to see what happens. I mean we could be sitting here soon with Matt Hardy, JBL & MVP as our champions.... now who could predict that?

One other thing i always thought was that Matt and Jeff might win their first World Titles on the same night. I mean how cool would that be and i think WWE could use that well within marketing. Maybe Unforgiven is the PPV it will happen at.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12486 on: August 30, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »

Personally i think only one will change hands.... but i think its hard to say which match and i haven't even made up my mind myself who will win. But i have to disagree with Hammy with saying its overkill as i think its really interesting to see what happens. I mean we could be sitting here soon with Matt Hardy, JBL & MVP as our champions.... now who could predict that?
I said it might be, hopefully it'll work, and nobody could predict that, because it's not going to happen  Tongue

But yeah 3 of the same matches on one card, it's ok, it's not like all the matches are the same type, I mean who'd do that? Tongue
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12487 on: August 30, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »

I said it might be, hopefully it'll work, and nobody could predict that, because it's not going to happen  Tongue

But yeah 3 of the same matches on one card, it's ok, it's not like all the matches are the same type, I mean who'd do that? Tongue

haha. that would be stupid! ok

[/color]

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12488 on: August 30, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »

The scramble is unoriginal but actually - its exactly what WWE needs right now

Unforgiven will be the most intresting PPV of the year (and i include WM in that)

A title will change hands - and some wrestlers who would never get a serious title shot have been given just that

Kendrick vs HHH for the title at a PPV - who would have thought?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12489 on: August 30, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »

oh I do so love TNA

Abyss and his interview segment had me rolling on the floor laughing

He's so crazy, and tearing out your own hair on tv - thats dedication!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12490 on: August 31, 2008, 08:37:25 PM »

I've enjoyed TNA the past 2 weeks.  Definately being won over by The Beautiful People, great heels and... rofl ....Kutie Kip, it works, Rick Martel/Meat/Mr. Ass/Rico all in one.  I was surprised to see Kong get her ass kicked, obviously they want people believing ODB can win, so probably means she won't, Kong is by far the best booked monster going.  The Sting promo was really good and another sign, there are no heels or faces now, just shades of grey.  The quick cutting still irritates me and so does having to watch a Nash match, even when Angle is involved, but they are minor complaints.

Reader Kim Seitz sent in the following....

We went to a signing event for Randy Orton yesterday and it was insane! We were #300 and they told us he had promised to sign for 500. We literally stood in line for 3 hours ? from start to finish. It was supposed to start at 6:00, but he didn't get there until 6:30. I was getting a program signed for my son that we had gotten a couple of weeks ago from Summerslam and when Orton saw it he asked if it was new and took a look at the cover. I told him, "yeah, we just got it at Summerslam" and he shouted "its about time!" Guess he was sick of his old picture.

He was actually nice and shook everyone's hand and said his collarbone was doing fine... Also he said to people yesterday "See you tomorrow night." So we're thinking he'll be there(tonight at the tapings) ? so much so, my son's taking an RKO sign.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2008/831/randy_orton_341840.shtml
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:39:46 PM by Hammy » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12491 on: September 01, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »

Bad news about HBK, apparently he injured his tricep? tonight, I was going to copy and paste the article from the website but I couldnt copy it with my text for some reason. PWInsider.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12492 on: September 01, 2008, 02:25:51 AM »

Gonna be interesting to see if Orton comes back. With Cena out, Im sure they will rush him! ok ok ok ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12493 on: September 01, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »

Orton, Orton, Orton, Orton..... is Back!

Looks like it wont be long before he is back wrestling. Judging by his comments though i think you can kiss the 2nd Generation stable goodbye. and insulting Glamarella... he is lucky i wasn't there hihi

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12494 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:37 AM »

Gonna be interesting to see if Orton comes back. With Cena out, Im sure they will rush him! ok ok ok ok

You see D everythings not lost. I'm glad i picked him in the Tag game now though. I figured if he was gonna do well for you in the singles i needed a upside to that pain ok

[/color]

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12495 on: September 01, 2008, 02:37:39 PM »

I've enjoyed TNA the past 2 weeks.  Definately being won over by The Beautiful People, great heels and... rofl ....Kutie Kip, it works, Rick Martel/Meat/Mr. Ass/Rico all in one.  I was surprised to see Kong get her ass kicked, obviously they want people believing ODB can win, so probably means she won't, Kong is by far the best booked monster going.  The Sting promo was really good and another sign, there are no heels or faces now, just shades of grey.  The quick cutting still irritates me and so does having to watch a Nash match, even when Angle is involved, but they are minor complaints.

Love the way its building to Sting stable vs Jarrett stable

That's whats called a quality storyline

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12496 on: September 01, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »

There is some heat on former WWE United States Champion MVP right now within WWE. The reason for MVP's string of losses is WWE apparently trying to send him a message. Some members of management don't like MVP anymore and feels he needs to watch Shelton Benjamin and learn a few things. The feeling is that Shelton is better than MVP and they've told him that he needs to watch Benjamin and learn to work. Any push that MVP was in the middle of or planned for is now off the table for the time being. 

Credit: Wrestling Observer Radio, via Impact Wrestling

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #12497 on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »

There is some heat on former WWE United States Champion MVP right now within WWE. The reason for MVP's string of losses is WWE apparently trying to send him a message. Some members of management don't like MVP anymore and feels he needs to watch Shelton Benjamin and learn a few things. The feeling is that Shelton is better than MVP and they've told him that he needs to watch Benjamin and learn to work. Any push that MVP was in the middle of or planned for is now off the table for the time being. 

I call smark bait on this. Numerous reports on Shelton being in the doghouse due to lacklustre performances and now he's the shining light?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12498 on: September 01, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »

I call smark bait on this. Numerous reports on Shelton being in the doghouse due to lacklustre performances and now he's the shining light?

yeah. I remember stories of MVP being one of the last to leave arenas and trying to become a student of the game.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12499 on: September 01, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »

Orton, Orton, Orton, Orton..... is Back!
As an on air character.

JR on Orton and WWE injuries: I don't know when Orton will actually be back in the ring but I have heard it could be in approximately two months. It won't come none too soon. Injuries are a part of the fabric of the business and always have been. I've always believed that when someone goes down it creates an opportunity for others who have been waiting for their chance to strike pay dirt. That scenario is unfortunately the lay of the land right now in the WWE with some many talented individuals injured.

Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: