Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824401 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12460 on: August 26, 2008, 02:26:12 AM »

Eric Young entrance cracks me up every week - those pyros and the way he sells it, classic!
I haven't seen this weeks show yet, but unless he's changed it up, then it's the same thing he has been doing for years, it was amusing the first 100 times.....(Plus Gillberg pretty much beat him to it)

He could do it another 10,000 times - it cracks me up. Its like a staple of the show - something you just expect

Its silly and immature but darn it - there is a place for that in life isnt there?? (but not in a Star Wars film i might add)

...anyway this week he does vary it, he doesnt get caught out - he's prepared

....or is he?

and this is from the person who slams WWE at any possible chance?

It's useless stuff like this that makes TNA second-rate, sure they have good matches with the knockouts, X-Division & tag division but no matter how good they perform it'll all be hindered by stuff like this & the whole "oh lets redo old WWE gimmicks in a 'hilarious' manner" frame of mind they seem to be in e.g. Shark Boy, Lethal & Val.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12461 on: August 26, 2008, 04:41:05 AM »

Eric Young entrance cracks me up every week - those pyros and the way he sells it, classic!
I haven't seen this weeks show yet, but unless he's changed it up, then it's the same thing he has been doing for years, it was amusing the first 100 times.....(Plus Gillberg pretty much beat him to it)

He could do it another 10,000 times - it cracks me up. Its like a staple of the show - something you just expect

Its silly and immature but darn it - there is a place for that in life isnt there?? (but not in a Star Wars film i might add)

...anyway this week he does vary it, he doesnt get caught out - he's prepared

....or is he?

It's useless stuff like this that makes TNA second-rate, sure they have good matches with the knockouts, X-Division & tag division but no matter how good they perform it'll all be hindered by stuff like this & the whole "oh lets redo old WWE gimmicks in a 'hilarious' manner" frame of mind they seem to be in e.g. Shark Boy, Lethal & Val.

And when WWE is doing Comedy like Glamarella..... Eric Young looks terrible!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12462 on: August 26, 2008, 04:51:27 AM »

Man this Cena injury looks really serious. He is going to the same guy that fixed Lita, Austin and Helms.... all of them were out for a year minimum with Lita out for closer to two years.

I'm not saying he'll be gone that long.... but i dont think we'll be seeing him wrestle again this year for sure.

I think its a real shame coz Cena has won me over with his hard work and unselfishness and despite D choosing him in the game was hoping he might get the title back at some point.

Such a shame for a guy who worked so hard to get back and now he has gone again.... and leaves a big hole in RAW!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12463 on: August 26, 2008, 06:07:45 AM »

I hate to see any wreslter get hurt. I'd rather the guys I don't like take extended periods of time off, get fired, or quit for life. But not having Cena on a PPV or TV is always a good thing.  ok Just a shame it had to be because of injury. Cena-Free Wrestling for the next long while will be awesome!!  hihi smoking
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 06:10:42 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12464 on: August 26, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »

So if Michaels did to Jericho what he wanted to do to him, they would "throw him in jail", as he said. But in a wrestling match, it would be legal. So having this match be an Unsanctioned Match, meaning the WWE doesn't "officially" recognise it, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having it in a wrestling ring?

I know it isn't "real" but dammit, having a No DQ Match would technically make more sense!

EDIT: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=52950.msg1095072;boardseen#new  Holy shit, the ECW Zombie will be there. I remember his arduous in-ring career well. The man took many a bump in a WWE ring. Tongue
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:19:24 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12465 on: August 26, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »

Eric Young's hilarious over acting is funny - and hardly something to bother you one way or the other

I condemn WWE for being boring, gimmicks and daftness dont worry me in the world of wrestling

...and using old WWE gimmicks? Well WWE just used WCW gimmicks, so technically TNA is ripping of WCW Smiley

Anytime u actually want to watch the show your criticising just let me know

Maybe your parents will let you stay up late enough to watch it?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12466 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »

Eric Young's hilarious over acting is funny - and hardly something to bother you one way or the other

I condemn WWE for being boring, gimmicks and daftness dont worry me in the world of wrestling

...and using old WWE gimmicks? Well WWE just used WCW gimmicks, so technically TNA is ripping of WCW Smiley

Anytime u actually want to watch the show your criticising just let me know

Maybe your parents will let you stay up late enough to watch it?

Same could be said for you little boy.

Me & D may have different opinions about WWE & TNA but atleast I can respect D's opinion as he isn't a condesending prick like you  ok

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12467 on: August 26, 2008, 11:41:43 PM »

so is cena really done?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12468 on: August 27, 2008, 01:02:33 AM »

so is cena really done?

out for 2-4 months

With WWE he could be back on tv within a month or so. or they could give him more time to heel and not rush him back like they did at RR 2008

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12469 on: August 27, 2008, 07:15:57 AM »

so is cena really done?

out for 2-4 months

With WWE he could be back on tv within a month or so. or they could give him more time to heel and not rush him back like they did at RR 2008
The way they were desrcribing the injury, I thought he would have at least been out for a year.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12470 on: August 27, 2008, 02:02:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyuwTxqUa64

Nice little Sky Sports advert Cheesy

PWInsider.com reports that Ken Kennedy is scheduled for shoulder surgery this Friday. Kennedy injured his shoulder during a house show match with Shelton Benjamin earlier this month, and has been working lightly ever since.

Kennedy was diagnosed with a torn labrum and damage to his rotator cuff by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. After two weeks of rehab and no progress, it was determined he would require surgery.

He is expected to miss four to six months after the procedure, which will be performed by Dr. Andrews

Ah crap!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:04:29 PM by Hammy » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12471 on: August 27, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »

PWTorch.com report Mick Foley has agreed to terms with TNA and will debut as soon as he is contractually free to do so. His WWE contract expires within days.

Foley's TNA deal was worked out with help from Spike TV, which may have subsidized the contract. He may end up being involved in other Spike TV projects.

Foley was dropped from WWE storylines once WWE learned that he was unhappy and likely not renewing his deal and instead interested in signing with TNA.

While there's been a lot of buzz about Foley in the locker room among wrestlers, the management team had been quiet about it and perhaps largely out of the loop, but were hopeful Dixie Carter was getting the deal done.

Hopefully they use him on commentary to show West & Tenay how its done.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12472 on: August 27, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »

PWTorch.com report Mick Foley has agreed to terms with TNA and will debut as soon as he is contractually free to do so. His WWE contract expires within days.

Foley's TNA deal was worked out with help from Spike TV, which may have subsidized the contract. He may end up being involved in other Spike TV projects.

Foley was dropped from WWE storylines once WWE learned that he was unhappy and likely not renewing his deal and instead interested in signing with TNA.

While there's been a lot of buzz about Foley in the locker room among wrestlers, the management team had been quiet about it and perhaps largely out of the loop, but were hopeful Dixie Carter was getting the deal done.

Hopefully they use him on commentary instead of West.
Fixed.

Wink

If he does wrestle, some Hardcore action with the likes of Abyss and Rhino would go down nicely.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12473 on: August 28, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »

Yeah if he can loose some weight, watching his last couple attemps at matches wearing sweat pants, its just not the foley I remember and enjoyed watching.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12474 on: August 28, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »

So Foley is gonna wrestle regularlY? If he does HOLY SHIT!

let me ask this:

Have there been anymore of those web episodes of Kurt Angle?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12475 on: August 28, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »

PWInsider.com reports that Ken Kennedy is scheduled for shoulder surgery this Friday. Kennedy injured his shoulder during a house show match with Shelton Benjamin earlier this month, and has been working lightly ever since.

Kennedy was diagnosed with a torn labrum and damage to his rotator cuff by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. After two weeks of rehab and no progress, it was determined he would require surgery.

He is expected to miss four to six months after the procedure, which will be performed by Dr. Andrews

Ah crap!

Heart over head, I called it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12476 on: August 28, 2008, 10:19:46 PM »

Ah crap!

Heart over head, I called it.
Yawn.

I explained it to you at the time, I don't even like him that much, I picked him because he was going after the US Title prior to getting injured.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12477 on: August 29, 2008, 08:18:30 AM »

Despite having no local media coverage of the Randy Orton motorcycle accident, the feeling in WWE is that the crash was legitimate, unless it is somehow being kept from everyone which is unlikely. The WWE.com story was thought to be exaggerated and that added to conspiracies that it was a work. It's doubtful Randy flew 300 feet.

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1220009108&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12478 on: August 29, 2008, 02:11:38 PM »

I got the Wrestlecrap Book of Lists today. Had a quick look through it and some of the lists include the most needlessly complex matches in history and the top pieces of evidence that WCW was run by Nazis. hihi Should be a larf.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12479 on: August 30, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »

Has anyone else realised the 'championship scramble' is just an old hardcore belt battle royale?

Makes it fairly obvious Triple H is losing the title - guess Jeff Hardy is finally getting the push he doesnt deserve

I'd assume Punk will lose as well (as its a perfect way for him to lose and save face)...though who else should get the title...there are precious few potential champions about

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: