Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824686 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12440 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- WWE has plans for Raw General Manager Mike Adamle to wrestle soon. Adamle recently hired a personal trainer in Chicago who works with a number of top athletes because he was told to get ready to wrestle in the near future. Adamle does have an athletic background as he was a very good NFL player at one point, but that was a little over 30 years ago. On another note, Adamle still works as a sportscaster for the NBC affiliate based out of Chicago on a freelance basis.

hihi I cannot wait to see this.  hihi

*Waits for D to run over to the WWE Game and bid for Adamle*

So who's he going to feud with eh?  Would they be crazy enough to give him a title nervous
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12441 on: August 21, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »

Yeah i was under the understanding she was a really exciting wrestler and her and Kong basically made the knockouts what it is. Suprising.
I'd expect she's fallen out with the wrong people or something, it would not make sense to fire her.

Now she's spent 4 years away from WWE and greatly improved I wonder if they'd consider resigning her.

Well remember there were rumours a month or two ago about WWE wanting to resign her and saying she was up for it, so I guess there was more truth to that than first thought.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12442 on: August 21, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »

So who's he going to feud with eh?  Would they be crazy enough to give him a title nervous

He shall fight for it in THE TRIPLE DECKER CAGE.

I think Adamle should stick to speaking. As crazy as that sounds.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12443 on: August 21, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »

-- WWE has plans for Raw General Manager Mike Adamle to wrestle soon. Adamle recently hired a personal trainer in Chicago who works with a number of top athletes because he was told to get ready to wrestle in the near future. Adamle does have an athletic background as he was a very good NFL player at one point, but that was a little over 30 years ago. On another note, Adamle still works as a sportscaster for the NBC affiliate based out of Chicago on a freelance basis.

Is it possible that they are about to give him Regal's main event push...you know... the one he was supposed to get before he went and got himself suspended.  rant

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12444 on: August 21, 2008, 02:13:40 PM »

Yeah i was under the understanding she was a really exciting wrestler and her and Kong basically made the knockouts what it is. Suprising.
I'd expect she's fallen out with the wrong people or something, it would not make sense to fire her.

Now she's spent 4 years away from WWE and greatly improved I wonder if they'd consider resigning her.

Well remember there were rumours a month or two ago about WWE wanting to resign her and saying she was up for it, so I guess there was more truth to that than first thought.
I also remember the rumours of the New Age Outlaws wanting to return, then I saw Kip on Impact seemingly channeling the ghost of 3 gimmicks, Billy (w/ Chuck), Mr. Ass and Meat.

....And yes, I marked for it to.  Embarrassed

Edit: Seems you were right:

Former TNA Knockout champion Gail Kim will be heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment, according to several WWE sources. From what I am told, it was a pretty sizeable offer so I'd expect her to be pretty heavily in the Diva mix when she debuts.

Kim's contract with TNA was coming up, so once it expires, she is free to start working for WWE. I was told the decision was completely a financial one, not anything stemming from unhappiness over how she was booked or presented by TNA, which made her the nucleus of their Knockouts division when it officially launched last year.

TNA sources indicate that Kim left on extremely good terms and as one person told me, the "door is always open". I am told there was no heat over her departure. Kim's final TNA appearance will be on tonight's Impact broadcast, facing TNA rival Awesome Kong in a Street Fight.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=32863&p=1
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:30:50 PM by Hammy » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12445 on: August 21, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »

I also remember the rumours of the New Age Outlaws wanting to return, then I saw Kip on Impact seemingly channeling the ghost of 3 gimmicks, Billy (w/ Chuck), Mr. Ass and Meat.

Hey those rumours had some foundation, when we had BG James over here I had a half hour convo with him about WWE being interested but TNA not allowing them.

Also he told me how Chyna became a bitch when she got hooked on Crystal Meth. Shock shock horror! hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12446 on: August 21, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »

And I thought Chyna was just a whore/bitch when she debuted in wwe.

Despite no media in St. Louis or anyone in the St. Louis media finding any evidence that Randy Orton was in a motorcycle accident from local authorities, all indications from family and friends is that the story Orton described to WWE.com was accurate according to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

There was lots of talk at WWE TV tapings recently with mostly everyone talking about it as if it was real, but two days later questions started to be asked as many thought it was strange that nobody could find documentation of him being in a motorcycle accident that could have been fatal. It should be noted that the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was alerted about the story and also couldn't find any evidence it was true.

What is strange about the story is that according to Orton, police arrived at the scene and couldn't believe he was okay other than the fact that he re-injured his clavicle and that had he not been wearing a helmet he would have died. Orton said he served to avoid a car, took a turn wide and hit a curb causing him to be thrown from the bike. He had just gotten the motorcycle and had little experience.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:19:36 PM by Mr Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12447 on: August 22, 2008, 07:12:37 AM »

They prolly just use him in some type of gimmick matches. From what i've read they kinda want him to be a Bischoff type gm. I forsee some stupid matches but nothing anywhere close to what I heard they were gonna do with regal.

Either way it will suck. 

On another note anybody else been reading Paul Heyman's column called The Heyman Hustle?? I like it and i so do miss old school Heyman and ECW.  If not heres a link.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/heyman/  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12448 on: August 23, 2008, 07:55:57 AM »

Lol Gail Kim retruning to WWE?

Stupid beeyotch - she'll be in lingerie matches before the ink is signed on the contract - talk about being money grabbing

She was very good in TNA, but guess she'd rather just be a WWE bimbo

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12449 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:55 AM »

Stupid beeyotch - she'll be in lingerie matches before the ink is signed on the contract - talk about being money grabbing

She was very good in TNA, but guess she'd rather just be a WWE bimbo
TNA's success with the Women's Division has done wonders for the WWE division, I can't even remember last time they had a lingerie match, has Beth Phoenix or Natalya ever been in one?

And heck in TNA they are bimbos to, the company is even nice enough to acknowledge it by calling them bimbo brawls.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12450 on: August 23, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

Stupid beeyotch -

Yeah i hate those people who get higher paid jobs.... i mean if someone offered me $50,000 more a year.. I'd Reject that! Roll Eyes

and as far as lingerie matches go... its been a while!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12451 on: August 23, 2008, 09:39:53 AM »

She left on great terms with tna where she could come back.
She helped build up their tna division.
she raised the bar with tna division so WWE had to performer higher.

She fullfilled her TNA duties and is going for the money in WWE again.

Women's wrestling careers dont last as long as men's do. They got to use their looks, why shouldnt she be allowed to go out and earn the big bucks while she is on top?

I think its more then fair, Shes not leaving in the middle of the night or denouncing TNA.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12452 on: August 23, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »

Women's wrestling careers dont last as long as men's do. They got to use their looks, why shouldnt she be allowed to go out and earn the big bucks while she is on top?

I think its more then fair, Shes not leaving in the middle of the night or denouncing TNA.

Exactly in any other walk of life.... you leave jobs for better paid ones. She has worked hard for TNA and some might say has brought wrestling females back to primetime in the US and reward for all that hard work is more money.... and WWE can pay more than TNA. Simple as that!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12453 on: August 23, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »

Eric Young entrance cracks me up every week - those pyros and the way he sells it, classic!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12454 on: August 23, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »

Exactly in any other walk of life.... you leave jobs for better paid ones. She has worked hard for TNA and some might say has brought wrestling females back to primetime in the US and reward for all that hard work is more money.... and WWE can pay more than TNA. Simple as that!
Can't agree more, its not like shes a baseball player making $15 million a year and leaves her team for $16 million elsewhere. She deserves to be financially stable and the WWE can help her, if TNA could of matched the money she would of stayed. One a side note:

I heard TNA paid Sting $600,000 yes $600,000 for wrestling the little bit that he did this year. To me that seems insane as he adds a little to TNA but not that much, They are trying to bring him back again for another part time schedule for more money. TNA needs to take that $600,000 and divide it up into a bank account and use it to sign or resign their best talent like Gail Kim, thats my opinion.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12455 on: August 23, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »

I heard TNA paid Sting $600,000 yes $600,000 for wrestling the little bit that he did this year. To me that seems insane as he adds a little to TNA but not that much, They are trying to bring him back again for another part time schedule for more money. TNA needs to take that $600,000 and divide it up into a bank account and use it to sign or resign their best talent like Gail Kim, thats my opinion.

?300,000 - he's worth every penny

He's an ace in the hole that you cant put a monetary value on

The magic of Sting is that he doesn't need to be there for the effect

It would be great if he showed up more - but it keep you watching, will he turn up this week?

For every ? they have spent on him he's probably got someone watching - he gives TNA credibility. Sting is one of the biggest names in wrestling, he gives TNA something to lure in the WCW and WWE crowd

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12456 on: August 23, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »

I dont know, I will admit I turned to tna once or twice and when he wasnt there that week it was 1997 all along with Sting hanging out in the rafters. He is set for money so he wont wrestle full time, but I just think if that money was split up to save some good TNA talent it would be better for them, but I see your point Izzy and respect it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12457 on: August 23, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »

Eric Young entrance cracks me up every week - those pyros and the way he sells it, classic!
I haven't seen this weeks show yet, but unless he's changed it up, then it's the same thing he has been doing for years, it was amusing the first 100 times.....(Plus Gillberg pretty much beat him to it)

?300,000 - he's worth every penny

He's an ace in the hole that you cant put a monetary value on

The magic of Sting is that he doesn't need to be there for the effect

It would be great if he showed up more - but it keep you watching, will he turn up this week?

For every ? they have spent on him he's probably got someone watching - he gives TNA credibility. Sting is one of the biggest names in wrestling, he gives TNA something to lure in the WCW and WWE crowd

Kinda agree, without doubt he'll get you to tune in, he's always going to be a big name, it's the same as TNA reportedly trying to sign Foley and Flair (Although these 2 really are past it), the name value draws people in.

When I first started watching TNA in it's infancy it was to see K-Kwik, Roadogg, Ken Shamrock, back then I didn't have a clue who the other stars were.  But then after a few weeks of watching I was tuning in for The Naturals, America's Most Wanted, AJ Styles, Triple X, Team Canada etc. Established names are needed for new companys to draw in the fans before they win them over with the new stars.  Because people may tune in for the stars they once loved, but once they realise Nash, New Age Outlaws etc. are washed up, they need something else to keep them tuned in.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12458 on: August 24, 2008, 07:42:05 AM »

I haven't seen this weeks show yet, but unless he's changed it up, then it's the same thing he has been doing for years, it was amusing the first 100 times.....(Plus Gillberg pretty much beat him to it)

He could do it another 10,000 times - it cracks me up. Its like a staple of the show - something you just expect

Its silly and immature but darn it - there is a place for that in life isnt there?? (but not in a Star Wars film i might add)

...anyway this week he does vary it, he doesnt get caught out - he's prepared

....or is he?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12459 on: August 25, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »

Just a friendly reminder about the greatest IC Champion of all time:

WWE just had this on their homepage.

The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect DVD/T-Shirt Package WWESHOP EXCLUSIVE

Please note: This item is not available until 9/9/08. If you order this item along with any other items your entire order will be held until the release date of this item.

Package Includes: The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect DVD, Mr. Perfect T-Shirt

Curt Hennig, better known as Mr. Perfect, competed for the American Wrestling Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Born the son of the legendary Larry "The Axe" Hennig, it was perhaps inevitable that Curt would want to follow in his father's footsteps. But Mr.
Perfect lived up to his moniker becoming one of the best in-ring technicians of his generation. A former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, he also was the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 1990s.  Loved by fans and friends alike, Mr. Perfect entertained in and out of the ring, earning him the honor of induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. This two-disc set relives his life and career, from his early start as a second-generation star through AWA, WWE, and WCW. Some of his greatest matches and vignettes are included. Who was this man? Here's a hint...
he was absolutely "perfect."

SPECIAL FEATURES

10 complete matches from WWE, AWA, and WCW
? AWA World Heavyweight Championship
match versus Nick Bockwinkel
? WWE Championship match versus Hulk Hogan
              ? WWE Intercontinental Championship
matches versus Shawn Michaels,
Bret ?Hit Man? Hart, and the
Texas Tornado
            ? And much more!

Mr. Perfect?s induction into the
2007 WWE Hall of Fame class

More than a dozen of
Mr. Perfect?s vignettes

The West Texas Rednecks?
?Rap is Crap? music video

T-Shirts available in 3XL cost more. The price will reflect when you add that size to your shopping cart.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: