Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824828 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12400 on: August 17, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »

Yeah I didnt think of the timeline like that, I think they just cobbled that story line together to match, Reys mask is pretty flat and that bag originally had something harder in it.  They could of had Kane atleast bump into Rey after the Santino match or something. 

Is anyone REALLY and I mean REALLY excited to see this PPV? I am thinking I am not going to buy it this time.

Even worse line up than Backlash - which was just ?15 to watch RAW....

As it is a mate is buying it anyway so I dont have too yey

Maybe the HIAC will redeem it

Triple H vs Khali...what are they thinking (or smoking....or snorting)

Khali, sure he is Tall, but other then that there is nothing he can offer, maybe team him up with a fat guy like Mark Henry or Bring Back Big Daddy V and have the biggest and tallest man with no talent and throw them into the tag division.
Lost count of the amount of things this has been said, but Khali is Giant Gonzalez on steroids, you'd think they would of learned from that mistake.

Looking at the card.

Cena vs Batista should pull of some semblemce of something decent due to crowd reaction alone.  Although they needed a bigger build-up, hopefully an Orton/Team Priceless run-in can make things even more special.

2 Veterans like Edge and Taker, HIAC, should be a winner.  Shame this is like their 5th meeting though.  Their feud would of sufficed with, Mania, TLC and HIAC.

Hardy vs Henry is a strange one, the match may suck but the build-up has been strangely good.

Santino's comedy genius should aid the tag scrap.

Hardy vs MVP has been another well done feud.

Trippers vs Khali will be awful, simple as.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12401 on: August 17, 2008, 09:21:02 PM »

punk won so has santino and his bitch and so did MVP

matt came close but was interfeared by tony atlas Angry then jeff came out and cleaned his clock

i'll post more later

peace

ps who else got PPV?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12402 on: August 17, 2008, 09:24:58 PM »

punk won so has santino and his bitch
Get it right, Beth and her bitch Wink Tongue

Aye I'm watching it yes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12403 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

Aye I'm watching it yes

There is no way in hell Beth is the bitch in that relationship or any she may be in. I thought Santino was the bitch when he was with Maria, but thats just me.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12404 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »

Aye I'm watching it yes

lol good point

i was kinda hoping undertaker would inflict more pain upon edge Undecided o-well least he won

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12405 on: August 17, 2008, 10:54:23 PM »

Aye I'm watching it yes

lol good point

i was kinda hoping undertaker would inflict more pain upon edge Undecided o-well least he won
So the Con Chair To, Video Camera Shot, Chokeslam through 2 Tables, Spear, Tombstone, Last Ride, Chokeslam off a Ladder though the ring into a burning pit sending him straight to hell wasn't enough?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12406 on: August 18, 2008, 05:09:44 AM »

That through the ring shit was gay as hell. It looked like the ring collapsed before he hit it.

I guess Orton really is hurt! FUCK!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12407 on: August 18, 2008, 05:49:48 AM »

Aye I'm watching it yes

lol good point

So the Con Chair To, Video Camera Shot, Chokeslam through 2 Tables, Spear, Tombstone, Last Ride, Chokeslam off a Ladder though the ring into a burning pit sending him straight to hell wasn't enough?

Yeah Edge... What a Wimp! Roll Eyes

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12408 on: August 18, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »

Good HIAC, but what was with the ending?? It was like a wrestling version of Jimi Hendrix or something....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12409 on: August 18, 2008, 02:15:36 PM »

I was really impressed with the two top line matches last night.  Cena and Batista shocked the hell out of me.

HBK and Jericho's segment was great stuff to yes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12410 on: August 18, 2008, 02:17:31 PM »

I was really impressed with the two top line matches last night.  Cena and Batista shocked the hell out of me.

Would you say it was worth ?15? I didn't see it last night. It's the first ppv I've missed in a long time. I wasn't too keen on the card.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12411 on: August 18, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »

Would you say it was worth ?15? I didn't see it last night. It's the first ppv I've missed in a long time. I wasn't too keen on the card.
Depends how much money you have really doesnt it?  My folks cover the bill so I haven't given it a second thought in years to be honest.  I enjoyed the card.  Two top liners, great, rest was fairly solid.

I mean even the poor stuff was awight.  ECW Title match lasted about a minute (We got saved from seeing Henry wrestle = win), Triple H probably dragged Khali to his best match, still it was obviously lacking.  Jeff and MVP had a solid opener and banging Shelton into the mix is great, his last 2 tv matches have been really good, although whoever let him wear that pink shirt needs shooting.  I KNOW you'd of loved the Jericho/Michaels segment and even, Punk and JBL had a quality scrap.  As for the Tag match it was amusing.  So yeah I went in with low expectations and the show was good, money's relative.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12412 on: August 18, 2008, 08:13:07 PM »

Aye I'm watching it yes

lol good point

well no, i wanted blood................. BLOOD

That through the ring shit was gay as hell. It looked like the ring collapsed before he hit it.

I guess Orton really is hurt! FUCK!

yeah it was pretty lame i wanted to see a re-peat of what undertaker did to mick way back when from the top of the cell to the ring floor.

o-well

does anyone know whats going to come of jerico hitting HBKs wife?
peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12413 on: August 18, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »

i missed that part with hbk and y2j but i saw some picture online after they went backstage and damn his wife gots her self a fat lip
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12414 on: August 18, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »

i missed that part with hbk and y2j but i saw some picture online after they went backstage and damn his wife gots her self a fat lip
It was really well done, these two guys promo wise are so good it's untrue, I was shocked seeing her lip at the time, I wonder how far they were meant to go and if, well, they went a little bit further than intended with the punch.

Best thing going at the moment is still Edge, since he completely lost his marbles he has made superb tv.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12415 on: August 18, 2008, 09:16:36 PM »

hahaha stupid batista tripped going up the stairs. someone has to make an avatar out of that  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12416 on: August 18, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »

A New Concept?  I guess they are using the 7-8 year cycle method.  Wrestlemania 2000 did pretty much the same thing with the Hardcore Title.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12417 on: August 18, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »

A New Concept?  I guess they are using the 7-8 year cycle method.  Wrestlemania 2000 did pretty much the same thing with the Hardcore Title.

the hard core title used to be where it was fair game any time any where as long as you had a ref to count to 3.

They really need to bring the title and that rule back, i miss it Undecided

ps what the hell really happen to rey mysterio? cause i don't remember a thing about him getting mugged by kane or anything being said headscratch............did i miss something?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:38:14 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12418 on: August 19, 2008, 01:42:01 AM »

I watched Summerslam Tonight. I was gonna watch it sunday but figured it would be crap besides seeing punk (because i'm really starting to like him) and edge/taker so I waited for my friend to dl it.

I was pleasantly surprized. Overall, I think it was a pretty good pvp. The HITC match alone makes it good.  hihi

Punk/Jbl was surprizingly a good match. That was fuckin sick when they bumped heads. I am sooooooo fuckin happy they FINALLY gave Punk a good clean win. The crowd was into the match and he got a good pop when he won. I am very glad he gets to carry the title a little longer. I think he has been doing a good job thus far having the world championship belt.

The Taker/Edge hitc was awesome and easily Match Of the Night. The Undertaker was awesome as usual and the best heel in the buisness did a damn good job. I hated the fall at the end with edge falling through the ring but the flames did it for me. I thought it was a nice touch and had a good laugh. The spots were good and just kept hoping they would kick out cuz i just didnt want this match to end.

Santino had me laughing my ass off and fuck did maria look fucking fine as hell in the pre-match interview. I loved santino jumping into beths arms when kofi was comin. That was priceless.  rofl I also love how he was running around the ring after getting the ic belt screaming I Did it!  rofl

Hardy vs. MvP was sub-par. I am sick of seeing MVP vs. any hardy. They should have just had a triple threat for the US Belt. Shelton's in ring ability should have him on a PPV! And I agree with Hammy when he says not watching Henry wrestle is a good thing. Khali vs. HHH was a piss break. And Cena vs. Batista was a lot better than expected. It was a decent match, though i was hoping and have been hoping for a full on batista heel turn.

The HBK/Jericho segment was good. Jericho had me crackin up. Though i knew hbk's chick was gonna get decked as soon she walked out with him. Moving forward Jericho better use the fact that HBK basicly let his wife take the hit by moving out of the way.  hihi smoking
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:43:46 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12419 on: August 19, 2008, 04:16:53 AM »

I still cant understand why CM is the champ if they are just gonna make him a bitch all the time.

First his title defense wasnt even the main match from Raw. Having it before Cena/Batista was an insult.

also, jobbing to Jericho tonight?  I just dont understand it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: