Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 824845 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12380 on: August 13, 2008, 05:55:16 PM »

Ok

I've been very close attention to this Randy Orton story for obvious reasons and I am convinced this is a work.

I'll tell u why:

1. It was first reported on WWE.com that Orton flew 30 ft. Later on the broadcast it was reported as 300 ft. Orton was gonna 30mph which isnt that fast and somehow 300 feet? Unless he rolled down a mountain, that is impossible.

U want more?

Orton was in the UK as late as August 8th. WWE reported, not a police report nothing of the sorts but WWE LEARNED that Orton RECENTLY got in a motorcycle accident. well, they reported this on the 11th, Orton probably didnt get back from Europe till the tenth, so why would they say Recently? wouldnt they say Yesterday or today or 2 days ago.

Showing this on TV means its a work. Any other wrestler who has ever had a set back, they've NEVER aired it on TV. They are wanting to make u forget about Orton while also reminding u of him all at the same time.

U can see in Batista's actions that a heel turn is coming. orton,Batista and Priceless would be awesome and its going to happen.

Last thing:
If u get thrown 300 feet in a motorcycle accident wearing nothing but a sweat shirt and shorts, u are gonna fuck up a hell of a lot more than a collarbone. How do u land on a collar bone in that kind of crash anyway? Frank Mir destroyed his leg in a crash and he didnt come close to flying 300 ft.

so all Randy got was a re broken collarbone?  I find that highly unlikely.

Its a work.... of course it is. There would be more concern floating around. If anything it means he'll be back soon.

300 feet is possible but i think you would have to be travelling faster. I remember seeing a guy crash a motorbike at 120MPH and he ended up 430feet from where the initial impact happened. I think it was some stupid world record attempt. But at 30MPH i think not.

If its true then i think we would hear more about it.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12381 on: August 13, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »

The talk among wrestlers at Raw this past Monday in Richmond, VA was that another half-dozen names were going to be cut from the company in addition to the previous seven announced last Friday. Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen, but that was the topic of discussion.

Any guesses??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12382 on: August 13, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »

Please be Mark Henry, Snitsky, Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes and Jimmy Wang Yen

There arent enough wrestlers as it is - cutting them is a bad idea...probably

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12383 on: August 13, 2008, 06:44:53 PM »

Something tells me Colin Delaney is on the chopping block

probably will be some developmental talent

Charlie Haas is a goner and just check 5 other names from our WWE game of people who arent drafted.

The whole way WWE went about the Orton thing, i mean they gave no specific date he crashed, no police reports are on the net, and if a famous person wrecked a motorbike and flew 300ft and only broke his collarbone, that would be a MAJOR story at least locally and I cant find anything even locally which would still be on the net.

This is the Adamle "Lets do stuff that hasnt been done" era of WWE.  so, I know its maybe wishful thinking on my part, but this just doesn't feel the same as other injuries.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12384 on: August 13, 2008, 08:13:36 PM »

There arent enough wrestlers as it is - cutting them is a bad idea...probably
Leaves room for fresh faces or if they cut enough, gives the chance for the split being ended.

Personal cut list:

Charlie Haas
Jim Duggan
Jerry Lawler
Hardcore Holly
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Jillian
Lena Yada
The Highlanders
Snitsky
Funaki
Jimmy Wang Yang
Kenny Dykstra
The Great Khali
Super Crazy
Maryse
Boogeyman
Colin Delaney

That'll do for now, and with that major cut, surely they would have room for Global Dominotion.  I mean a promo vignette where you saw Batista's head off, hello?  Winner!

At the very least those cuts could lead to ECW being repackaged, as an interbrand show or something.  A show where they interview wrestlers, do profiles, and features, stuff like that, when done properly can work wonders getting people over.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12385 on: August 13, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »

Kane

HAHA

personal u an tell

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12386 on: August 13, 2008, 09:19:20 PM »

Kane

HAHA

personal u an tell

Not that I personally want to see RKO hurt in a Motorcycle accident but if its a work, Im going to be pissed, not because D has him, but my fest friend growing up joined the marines and served over in Iraq, he came home last May and lost control of his motorcycle and crashed and died. The guy is home and out of harms way and he had an accident and passed away, I am sure there are lots of other stories like that out there and for WWE to fake one and try and sell it as entertainment is a low blow.  I can seperate real from fake storylines but I personally think this would be a low blow, Whats next are they going to Have Dominotion cut promos about hanging himself and friends in their house from weight equipment? I hope WWE has some Standard.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12387 on: August 14, 2008, 04:57:09 AM »

Thats why I think its a work though Cowbell.

people who get in motocycle crashes and go 300ft arent able to just get up with a rebroken collarbone. would be pretty tasteless but nothing shocks me right now.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12388 on: August 15, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »

The following has just been posted on WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Stevie Richards, Raw tag team Robbie & Rory of The Highlanders, and WWE referee Wes Adams as of Aug. 15, 2008. WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.

Fucks sake, Stevie going is a damn shame.  Although the potential of seeing a promotion like TNA using him properly is pretty cool.

Highlanders, meh, they were on my list.....only about 18 more to go Cheesy

And to further on before...

WWE has just announced the releases of Colin Delaney and Smackdown Diva Cherry. The list of released WWE talent as of today is:

Stevie Richards
Referee Wes Adams
Cherry
The Highlanders
Colin Delaney

Nice, Delaney and Cherry are worthless...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:11:25 PM by Hammy » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12389 on: August 15, 2008, 05:32:51 PM »

Sigh - i never expected Kane to get his mask back....but part of me had still hoped for it

Without it he's just an out of shape brawler - seems like a long long time ago he had an relevance

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12390 on: August 15, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »

Sigh - i never expected Kane to get his mask back....but part of me had still hoped for it

Without it he's just an out of shape brawler - seems like a long long time ago he had an relevance
Kane's like a movie.  The original 1997/1998 was great.

When he turned face and had his alliance with X-Pac, it was a somewhat solid sequel.

He continued steadily but the quality was declining.

When they de-masked him and turned him ultra psycho again, the series seemed to have potential, but his struggles with Shane Mcmahon killed that potential.

Since then he's been jobbed out more, his guy has grown, his not wonderful in-ring credentials have slipped, he just needs a retirement angle and to hang it up.

Comparing the current version of him to the original.

He's like a Straight to DVD 8th film in a series.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12391 on: August 16, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »

The trouble with Kane is he's been beaten at his own game

Abyss has so much more crazed energy (and a suspiciously similiar family back story)

Kane's not a monster...neither is he a face, but he aint a heel cos he's got no angle....he's like a 6'9 paperweight....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12392 on: August 16, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »

I agree with most of that Cut List hammy but I do think Kelly Kelly is fine as hell. I still want to her come out half-naked week in and week out. And I still love Jerry doing the Broadcast. Not as good as he use to be but maybe its nostalgic for me but i still enjoy hearing the kings voice every week.

Jimmy Wang Yang??!! That dude can so not be cut. What can I say, he cracks me up.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12393 on: August 16, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »

^I second the points made by high_times. Except the JWY part. He doesn't do much for me.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12394 on: August 16, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »

I agree with most of that Cut List hammy but I do think Kelly Kelly is fine as hell. I still want to her come out half-naked week in and week out.

Indeed, but she's too pretty, ya know - to be a wrestler - she's a model, not a brawler

You wouldnt want a woman like that fighting anyway - don't want her damaged Wink

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12395 on: August 16, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »

The trouble with Kane is he's been beaten at his own game

Abyss has so much more crazed energy (and a suspiciously similiar family back story)

Kane's not a monster...neither is he a face, but he aint a heel cos he's got no angle....he's like a 6'9 paperweight....

When he pulled out Reys Mask that made exactly 0 sense. Why rey's Mask, Hey Rey dont have any fued and aint ready for in ring action, Kane has nothign to life for and hes a terrible face and if possible a worse heel , now that hes jobbed out lets tie them together? Rey hasnt even been on TV against to squash Santino. It just doesnt make sense.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12396 on: August 16, 2008, 06:41:58 PM »

Yeah it makes no sense at all but hell alot of angles start like that. Kane started carrying the bag the week after Rey vs Santino so the timeline makes sense

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12397 on: August 17, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »

Yeah I didnt think of the timeline like that, I think they just cobbled that story line together to match, Reys mask is pretty flat and that bag originally had something harder in it.  They could of had Kane atleast bump into Rey after the Santino match or something. 

Is anyone REALLY and I mean REALLY excited to see this PPV? I am thinking I am not going to buy it this time.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12398 on: August 17, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »

Yeah I didnt think of the timeline like that, I think they just cobbled that story line together to match, Reys mask is pretty flat and that bag originally had something harder in it.  They could of had Kane atleast bump into Rey after the Santino match or something. 

Is anyone REALLY and I mean REALLY excited to see this PPV? I am thinking I am not going to buy it this time.

Even worse line up than Backlash - which was just ?15 to watch RAW....

As it is a mate is buying it anyway so I dont have too yey

Maybe the HIAC will redeem it

Triple H vs Khali...what are they thinking (or smoking....or snorting)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12399 on: August 17, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »

Even worse line up than Backlash - which was just ?15 to watch RAW....

As it is a mate is buying it anyway so I dont have too yey

Maybe the HIAC will redeem it

Triple H vs Khali...what are they thinking (or smoking....or snorting)

Khali, sure he is Tall, but other then that there is nothing he can offer, maybe team him up with a fat guy like Mark Henry or Bring Back Big Daddy V and have the biggest and tallest man with no talent and throw them into the tag division.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: