Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825252 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12340 on: August 07, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »

The following has been posted on WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Braden Walker as of August 7, 2008. WWE wishes Braden the best in all future endeavors.

'Braden Walker' is Chris Harris from TNA. He was formerly one-half of the TNA tag team champions along with his partner James Storm.

Why they brought him up to the main roster, out of shape, in crap ring gear with zero fan fare I don't know, part their fault, part his for letting himself go...

someone else could be going to....

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Bob "Hardcore" Holly may be on his way out of WWE. Holly, who is now 45 years old, is not being used on WWE TV right now and it's being reported that creative has no plans to use him in the near future. It is believed that Holly would need someone like The Undertaker to vouch for his return to the ring, and if something like that does not happen, he may not have a chance at returning. Holly is known for working very stiff in the ring and carries an old-school philosophy of making rookies earn their "stripes" by working them over very hard during bouts. Vince McMahon has always had a good relationship with Bob Holly, which is why he always seems to bounce back following absences, but this time around some backstage are not so sure that will happen again.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12341 on: August 08, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »

to be honest I cant really blame Vince for either release both have been far from impressive

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12342 on: August 08, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »

to be honest I cant really blame Vince for either release both have been far from impressive
Well with a comment like that, Sparky Plugg was obviously waaaay before your time Tongue
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12343 on: August 08, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »

Holly is known for working very stiff in the ring and carries an old-school philosophy of making rookies earn their "stripes" by working them over very hard during bouts.

That's why I always loved Hardcore Holly Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12344 on: August 08, 2008, 04:05:23 PM »

Well with a comment like that, Sparky Plugg was obviously waaaay before your time Tongue

I agree and think Rookies should have to earn the respect. to be the man you have to beat the man. Holly has always been a team player, and if he works some punk from FCW who thinks his xcrap dont stink Holly is doing us all a favor. Now while I wasnt a big fan of him and Rhodes Together I like Holly as a Mid Carder for shows.

Chris Harris was a huge disappointment, when I heard months ago WWE signed him and he was working in a development for them I was excited. and Like I said before his entrance is bland, nothing unique to what his in ring rear he is wearing, No real storyline or plot except he was there under the ECW working plan. He should of spent the months working extra hard to make it at the WWE level, not just get signed by WWE and think you made it and not work hard anymore. Wonder if TNA will let him come back.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12345 on: August 08, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »

On top of Braden Walker yesterday, WWE have now released 5 wrestlers and 1 referee.

Big Daddy V, Domino, Shannon Moore, Nunzio, development wrestler James Curtis and referee Nick Patrick.

Nick Patrick has recently been suffering from back injuries and Big Daddy V has had health issues including weight problems and Pneumonia.

More names are expected to be released over the next day or two.

Not Shannon Moore!! What were they thinking!  crying

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12346 on: August 08, 2008, 07:41:30 PM »

Big Daddy V has weight problems  Shocked

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12347 on: August 08, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »

On top of Braden Walker yesterday, WWE have now released 5 wrestlers and 1 referee.

Big Daddy V, Domino, Shannon Moore, Nunzio, development wrestler James Curtis and referee Nick Patrick.

Nick Patrick has recently been suffering from back injuries and Big Daddy V has had health issues including weight problems and Pneumonia.

More names are expected to be released over the next day or two.

Not Shannon Moore!! What were they thinking!  crying
Triple C....Cliff "Cash" Compton, that's it rant I'm done with WWE, they've crossed the line.

Edit: Weird I was so pissed about that I only noticed reading a report on another site that Nunzio is gone to, that completely bypassed my the first time.  I always saw him as a member of the jobber elite club, with Funaki, Venis and well Scotty but he bit the bullet last year.  Next year it could be Venis..... Sad
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:38:47 PM by Hammy » Logged
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12348 on: August 09, 2008, 07:09:13 AM »

Next year it could be Venis..... Sad
Could be sooner than next year...  Undecided

WWE hasn't released an official statement on the recent releases. We can confirm that there will be more talent released this afternoon.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12349 on: August 09, 2008, 08:24:31 AM »

Next year it could be Venis..... Sad
Could be sooner than next year...  Undecided

WWE hasn't released an official statement on the recent releases. We can confirm that there will be more talent released this afternoon.

Maybe we could see Matt Hardy, Big Show, Randy Orton, Lance Cade and whoever else d picks fired haha

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12350 on: August 09, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »

Oh and your comments above about how to do a storyline, just follow the HBK/Jericho storyline thats how you do it right

Lol, i'll pretend you didnt say that

'my eye...I'll never wrestle again....untill I.....come back and cost you the world title at the No Talent No Mercy PPV'

That the good WWE matches can even be remembered shows how few there are - TNA has so many I couldnt even take a stab at listing them, instead I'd just point to any ep at random. Anything with Angle, AJ, Joe is of the higest order everyweek

I loved WWE once...

...now....i sit and endure Smackdown and i think to myself 'was this the best use of 2 hrs of my time'?

Its so bland

The company is now based around the lucrative 10 year old market - selling spinning belts and glow sticks

They are going though the motions, established stars look tired and the prosepctive stars are forced to wrestle and act like the tired older wrestlers they are there to replace

It needs to get its edge back - and it will never do that while its emphasis is families

Remember Attitude? That was Vince realising the marketplace had turned with a more edgy adult program now required

...that hasn't changed

You can sell glow sticks, entertain families and do a good product

..just ask a 1998 Stone Cold Steve Austin
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 04:25:50 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12351 on: August 09, 2008, 04:29:48 PM »

Watching Smackdown this week...and its ''dearth'' of talent

I really like Kendrick - but why is he forced to wrestle like Jone Cena (i.e badly)

He can do the flips and spins - let him do them!

That Russian guy - he's got potential - give him some intresting ring attire, an intresting entrace - some personality, and damn put him up against someone worth beating

They could put together an AMAZING US title scene - MVP, Matt and Jeff Hardy, Kendrick, Benjamin etc etc

From that scene you could then draw your next WWE champion

They have the cards...but just wont play them

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12352 on: August 09, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

That Russian guy - he's got potential - give him some intresting ring attire, an intresting entrace - some personality, and damn put him up against someone worth beating

That's his character though. He's not there to entertain or be happy. He just shows up, kicks people's asses, then leaves. Nothing needs to be said. I do agree about giving him better competition. But even he's asking for better opponents now (Tongue) so hopefully that will change.

About the releases: Nunzio was always gonna be released at some point (you can only be a member of the 'jobber elite club' so long...). BDV I'm kinda surprised about but if he has health problems then that explains it. I thought they would have kept Shannon Moore teaming up with Jimmy Wang Yang. I suppose the cruiserweights will slowly disappear now that they have no title. James Curtis I think I heard of once but that's it. And it seems that WWE's new thing is to break up tag teams and release one of the members (Murdoch, now Domino). Paul London better watch out....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:02:05 PM by BlowUpYourTitanTron » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12353 on: August 09, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »

That's his character though. He's not there to entertain or be happy. He just shows up, kicks people's asses, then leaves. Nothing needs to be said. I do agree about giving him better competition. But even he's asking for better opponents now (Tongue) so hopefully that will change.
I thought you loved Biscuits and Gravy?

I liked how they teased a Kozlov vs Festus feud, not a wrestling clasic by any means, but a hosstacular peace of entertainment for sure. Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12354 on: August 09, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »

^Biscuits n' Gravy are indeed awesome and the first 'real' opponents for Vlad (Funaki and Stevie Richards haven't won a match in.... I don't know how long).

Kozlov/Festus would be quite interesting. Unstoppable force and the immovable object 2.0??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12355 on: August 09, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »

Kozlov/Festus would be quite interesting. Unstoppable force and the immovable object 2.0??
I'm still waiting for the inevitable "Ring Bell on a Pole" match where the opponent has to get to the bell and ring it to tame Festus and then collect the easy victory  hihi

And how long before Festus ends up in a romance angle, you know with the bedroom scenes where for laughs his Diva date hits a ring bell to turn him into a Wild Animal....

....there are so many comedy lows they could hit with this.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12356 on: August 10, 2008, 12:54:35 AM »

Saw this on another board and thought it will too funny not to post, Hammy will love it!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12357 on: August 10, 2008, 07:20:05 AM »

Saw this on another board and thought it will too funny not to post, Hammy will love it!

Lmao!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12358 on: August 10, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »

TNA this week was just incredible

If ever people wanted an introduction - this was it

MCM vs Jay Leathel and Creed - ridiculously good, absurdly brilliant - they were hurtling around the ring with so many moves it was exhausting even watching! Creed is an absolute gem (though dressed as Apollo Creed...oh wait, i just got that one...)

Team 3D are so fantastic on the Mic, they play the role of thugs just so well - they way they abuse that blonde chic every week, cracks me up - she always looks so shocked, hilarious!

Hardcore women's matches - who'd have ever thought it?

The whole show is just saturated with meaningful feuds - Angle v Styles has built up brilliant for months, and Joe v Sting will be THE fued.

I just love the pure evil of 'The beautiful people' - again, it just cracks me up - the evil bimbo has never been portrayed so well, a genuine FEMALE heel? Remarkable.

...and Kurt's injury in the main event - that was no blade job (as the abundant camera angles showed) - the refs were in that ring fast, I couldn't believe the amount of blood that came out so fast, looked like he severed a vein - AJ Styles didnt look like he had any idea what to do next!

I watch TNA for the full 2 hrs without hitting the fast forward button once (well, okay adverts) RAW and Smackdown I manage to condense to about 20 mins....

The tag division is great at the mo, bringing in big guns like Christian and Rhyno only help

That ''glass table'' - I'm not sure what it was made of but it cut Homicide to bits - he was bleeding all over the place, if it can cut the skin it could damage an eye, what a contrast to WWE's 'for gods sake do nothing dangerous' stance.....

At the end of the day its the characters that make the show - TNA has good faces but it has perfected the heel wrestler. Sonjay is sooo creepy and manipulative, I liked him as a face but a heel is really where he shines.

What are TNA up to with Kaz and Abyss? I dont believe Kaz is actually leaving....

Abyss and his rather random interventions are always a highlight (though why he intervenes when most of the damage has already been done). The way the security guard took his chair - you just knew what was coming!

We just have to see a Kong v Abyss match - c'mon ya bastards, that would really cross the line!

and where is Father James Mitchell *cough Paul Bearer cough* I loved his eyebrows!

TNA TNA TNA - i just love it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12359 on: August 10, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »

TNA goes back to the OOOOOOOLD SCHOOL WCW (before Hogan turned Heel) in the way they realize that Good HEELS can build the company.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: