Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825321 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12320 on: August 05, 2008, 08:13:37 AM »

I enjoyed Raw this week. Adamle made some good matches and announcements. Next week, Kane will have to reveal whats in the bag, or if he doesn't Adamle will 'take it from him.' We also saw an exciting Handicap match and the debut of Jericho's new look. Speaking of Jericho, the match showed that we badly need a Punk/Y2J fued. Their exchanges were first-class. It also looks like HBK will be announcing his semi-retirement at Summerslam aswell.  Cry Speaking of Summerslam, I don't think I'll purchase it this year. The only thing that would make me fork out ?15 for it is if I was assured a Matt Hardy ECW title win.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12321 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »

It also looks like HBK will be announcing his semi-retirement at Summerslam aswell. 

Why did someone ask him to turn heel or was it put someone over clean or Maybe he was told he was too old for another world title run. Maybe all three. hihi hihi

He isn't going to retire.... not as long as he calls the shots on who he fights, who wins and most importantly keeping his stellar reputation in tact (if it ever was).

And gets paid a shit load.... would you retire? The best thing he could do is turn up and use his skills to put people over. and that doesn't mean you beat me then i'll beat you!

I'm quite looking forward to SS. Looking forward to Cena vs Batista (just for market value) and Edge vs Taker could be brilliant

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12322 on: August 05, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »

D - glad I'm not the only one who appreciates TNA

Each week TNA surprises me - being SURPRISED by wrestling, when was the last time WWE did that (in a good way?)

TNA pushes the women's matches so hard that its hard not to actually get caught up in it all - for a lifelong WWE fan the idea of a serious women's match is still unnatural

They have a great fued(s) going on for the women's belt - Awesome Kong is one of the best heels I've ever seen, every match she's in your thinking 'how the frak is she going to be beaten?!?' - the ultimate monster, the way Kane should have been used

Fair enough TNA has some odd segments - (what the hell Eric Young and co are up to I have no idea....) but has a great heavyweight scene - and in Sting they have that ace in the hole they can call on when they need to - I really want to see how the Sting v Samoa Joe fued plays out

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12323 on: August 05, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »

JBL must have read what I said because I do believe he smiled last night. Shocked

And Jericho's new look... Undecided I know he's undergone a 'change' as far as wanting to entertain people goes but why the trunks? It looks weird on him. Though switching from longer legwear seems to solidify you as a heel (much like growing facial hair...): HHH, JBL, even Albert did it when he became A-Train. Does wearing less make you more evil perhaps??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12324 on: August 05, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »

Each week TNA surprises me - being SURPRISED by wrestling, when was the last time WWE did that (in a good way?)

TNA pushes the women's matches so hard that its hard not to actually get caught up in it all - for a lifelong WWE fan the idea of a serious women's match is still unnatural

They have a great fued(s) going on for the women's belt - Awesome Kong is one of the best heels I've ever seen, every match she's in your thinking 'how the frak is she going to be beaten?!?' - the ultimate monster, the way Kane should have been used

Fair enough TNA has some odd segments - (what the hell Eric Young and co are up to I have no idea....) but has a great heavyweight scene - and in Sting they have that ace in the hole they can call on when they need to - I really want to see how the Sting v Samoa Joe fued plays out

when I read people *cough Hammy* on here dissing TNA, it makes me question their wrestling fandom.

U have to ask yourself: Are u a Wrestling fan or are you a soap opera fan.

Cause if you are a WRESTLING fan, I don't understand how anyone could not love TNA. THeir matches are AMAZING, great wrestling, exciting moves, very hard to predict as anyone could seemingly win any match. WWE midcarders are straight jobbers who u know are never gonna be credible.

In TNA, they can take someone like Kaz and u would believe it if he upset the world champion.

Also, TNA is about wrestling. U see great matches whereas WWE, the match just kills time between soap opera segments.

Take the Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money from a couple weeks ago.  That damn Row Boat move they put on Beer Money was innovative and just awesome.

I also think their soap Opera stuff is better as Kurt Angle is the most entertaining man in wrestling by far and I still enjoy Booker T's stuff.

The Joe/Nash thing is interesting and Christian,AJ,Rhyno vs Team 3D and Kurt Angle matches have been absolutely top notch.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12325 on: August 05, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »

I also think their soap Opera stuff is better as Kurt Angle is the most entertaining man in wrestling by far and I still enjoy Booker T's stuff.
That in itself is beyond laughable, their backstage segments are beyond awful.  Their commentary isn't even in the so bad it's good, it's just plain bad, the product as a whole just comes off being so damn cheap, the backstage segments are Indie Wrestling quality.....

I of course I like the soap opera aspect, if I wanted to purely watch wrestling I'd watch ROH or Japanese style stuff.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12326 on: August 05, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »

Completely agree with you Hammy

D, I'd personally take Miz N' Morrison over MCMG's or the other team (i still cannot bare to say the name, it shows how laughable tna can be). Where as MCMG's may better high-flyers but MN'M have the better all round skills.

TNA's production values & majority of their promos are nearly as bad as backyarders.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12327 on: August 05, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »

I won't deny that TNA isn't without positives.  They have a lot of characters I like.  Curry Man is a really fun comedy character (although having a stable of them, and I've read a rumour of another genuine star being added to it) is over doing it.  James Storm I have always praised, he's been one of my faves since the really early days, and I like his pairing with Robert Roode and I hate it when WWE doesn't give teams names but when the best creative can come up with is Beer Money.  These though are minor qualms, they don't affect my viewing pleasure, what does is the overall feel/vibe.  I won't contest that Impact! has better wrestling matches, no doubt, but between the segments/stories and overall feel, it does come off as a cheap rip off in many ways (despite points which are superior).  Remember when WCW was kicking Vince's ass so we had Nacho Man and crap like that, well "Give Me a Shell Yeah" Roll Eyes  And they rip stuff off poorly.  Petey Williams cashing in his Feast or Fired briefcase, really original.  And now in the unbelievable stakes.  Joe you can't beat Booker, er, why?  Maybe if they'd built him up and pushed him a lot better since his debut I'd be half convinced.  It's Booker T though and nobody is buying it especially considering the monster Joe once was.  It's the same as Big Show/Brock Lesnar in 2002.  Show went from a jobber to a guy people said Lesnar couldn't beat despite Lesnar being the unbeatable monster.  And WWE with it's segments make it seem like a tacky tv show over wrestling but TNA takes the biscuit.  I haven't caught the opening to TNA wrestling recently, but last time, if I remember it was something along the lines of "Previously on Impact" its just....wrong.  And then Tenay at end "Let's go to Samoa Joe as he searches for Sting".

Seriously though, a mere change with the presentation and commentators would improve the show tenfold, oh and the Impact! theme, generic theme from the 1993 RAW era, it's just so damn cheap.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12328 on: August 05, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »

D, I'd personally take Miz N' Morrison over MCMG's or the other team (i still cannot bare to say the name, it shows how laughable tna can be). Where as MCMG's may better high-flyers but MN'M have the better all round skills.

Don't be so immature - I know full well you've seen virtually no TNA

The Motor City Machine guns are incredible wrestlers, not even Miz and Morrison would claim to be that. The moves they pull are 'wrestling' moves - WWE stars rely on punches (is it now WWE policy that every finisher is some sort of kick?)

You dont have to like TNA - its not mandatory, but the wrestling IS of the highest order and WWE wrestling is very poor. Wrestling is about moves - not pyros

You can enjoy WWE more, but dont be daft about your criticism

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12329 on: August 05, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »

I won't deny that TNA isn't without positives.  They have a lot of characters I like.  Curry Man is a really fun comedy character (although having a stable of them, and I've read a rumour of another genuine star being added to it) is over doing it.  James Storm I have always praised, he's been one of my faves since the really early days, and I like his pairing with Robert Roode and I hate it when WWE doesn't give teams names but when the best creative can come up with is Beer Money.  These though are minor qualms, they don't affect my viewing pleasure, what does is the overall feel/vibe.  I won't contest that Impact! has better wrestling matches, no doubt, but between the segments/stories and overall feel, it does come off as a cheap rip off in many ways (despite points which are superior).  Remember when WCW was kicking Vince's ass so we had Nacho Man and crap like that, well "Give Me a Shell Yeah" Roll Eyes  And they rip stuff off poorly.  Petey Williams cashing in his Feast or Fired briefcase, really original.  And now in the unbelievable stakes.  Joe you can't beat Booker, er, why?  Maybe if they'd built him up and pushed him a lot better since his debut I'd be half convinced.  It's Booker T though and nobody is buying it especially considering the monster Joe once was.  It's the same as Big Show/Brock Lesnar in 2002.  Show went from a jobber to a guy people said Lesnar couldn't beat despite Lesnar being the unbeatable monster.  And WWE with it's segments make it seem like a tacky tv show over wrestling but TNA takes the biscuit.  I haven't caught the opening to TNA wrestling recently, but last time, if I remember it was something along the lines of "Previously on Impact" its just....wrong.  And then Tenay at end "Let's go to Samoa Joe as he searches for Sting".

Seriously though, a mere change with the presentation and commentators would improve the show tenfold, oh and the Impact! theme, generic theme from the 1993 RAW era, it's just so damn cheap.

Cheap?

How do you expect TNA to match WWE's money? Its hardly their choice

The whole Joe v Booker thing is excellent - of course Joe is better, and if you pay attention Joe slaughtered Booker at the last PPV

THE POINT OF THE STORYLINE - is psychology, how even the great can be brough down by their own minds, Joe is better, but Booker T has an edge over him with the mind games. Its an intresting, human, angle - not every angle has to be of Katie Vick extravagance. One man battling his own demons plays out well

..and bad mouthing TNA backstage stuff

How dare u!

WWE has ''magic cameras'' recording everything! The JBL murder attempt - it cut from cameras all over the place! They were in a parking lot surrounded by film crew...and of course no one ''noticed'', Cena went through a door to find a camera man on the other side....why would a camera crew be waiting by that exit?!

Its just stupid, why do they pretend there arent 15 camera men surrounding them ''oh how will i find JBL?....wait, can't i just ask these camera guys? Oh wait...they are.....''invisible''....''

TNA however has a ''real'' camera there, no one denies its there, they act as if they are being filmed - cameras show up in likely places, why is a film crew in the toilet? Why would you go to the toilet with a film crew there anyway??

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:34:35 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12330 on: August 05, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »

Don't be so immature - I know full well you've seen virtually no TNA

The Motor City Machine guns are incredible wrestlers, not even Miz and Morrison would claim to be that. The moves they pull are 'wrestling' moves - WWE stars rely on punches (is it now WWE policy that every finisher is some sort of kick?)

You dont have to like TNA - its not mandatory, but the wrestling IS of the highest order and WWE wrestling is very poor. Wrestling is about moves - not pyros

You can enjoy WWE more, but dont be daft about your criticism

Daft? Telling me what I have & haven't seen? - Who's the immature one?

I never said MCMG's were not good, I enjoy watching them, there one of TNA's highlights.

TNA does usually have good wrestling but what faulters it is the backstage stuff & Shark Boy, Super Eric crap. But to say WWE wrestling is poor? From this year, Jericho vs Michaels, Edge vs Taker, Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs Michaels, Flair vs Michaels, MITB to name a few have all been better than anything I've seen in TNA this year.

I'll repeat what you said to me, You can enjoy TNA more, but don't be daft about your criticism

Oh and your comments above about how to do a storyline, just follow the HBK/Jericho storyline thats how you do it right

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12331 on: August 05, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »

LAX are 10 times better than ANY WWE tag team.

AJ Styles is the best young wrestler alive today

I guess Hammy is gonna tell us that Brian Kendrick is better than AJ

In TNA u have SOOOOO many credible main eventers whereas in WWE, there are only a handful of the same guys who get main event pushes.

TNA u have no egos and every match is hotly contested and entertaining. I agree the announce team are quite annoying but they are no worse than JR's fake enthusiasm and King's tired lame jokes.

I dont watch "Wrestling" for backstage segments or production. I watch wrestling for the incredible stories told inside the ropes and TNA do it better than anyone.

WWE every match is the same like its being worked from a script. TNA, matches are fluid,innovative and u are kept guessing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12332 on: August 05, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »

AJ Styles is the best young wrestler alive today

I guess Hammy is gonna tell us that Brian Kendrick is better than AJ
When it comes to cutting a promo he is.

I'm happy for you that you can switch off to all the soap opera crap of TNA, and seem to love to single me out here like I have some vendetta, "I guess Hammy is going to...."

AJ a hell of a wrestler, WWE has toned things down, I've never denied that, but TNA as a whole I plain don't enjoy, and have little money may account for the cheapness if I simply meant music, pyros, but it's the whole way it's scripted, it comes off as cheap crap!

..and bad mouthing TNA backstage stuff

How dare u!
The principle behind it, acknowledging cameras fine, kudos to them, WWE should do that, that's the only positive aspect of it, the majority of segments are horrendous.  I don't knock their wrestling and won't, but your standards to enjoy the backstage stuff must be beyond low.

Edit: Heck in an ideal world, I'd like the best aspects of both.

Obviously the professional expensive look which true TNA can't afford.

Backstage segments not written by WWE guys with people who can only cut decent promos allowed, yet with the acknowledgment that cameras exist.

TV matches like TNA's, TV match wise they have some damn good stuff.

The end of beyond stupid angles, Eric Young becomes a tag champ....wait no he doesnt cos he's not Super Eric....

.....Colin Delaney even having a job.

No doubt 'E needs to push new guys, they could do with firing the main eventers who are past their sell by date....Kane anyone?

Tag and X-Division stuff I like the emphasis on that, when an X-Division match actually headlined a PPV now that was a peak for me.

I'll never like the 6-Sided Ring, personal preference, whatever, I'll never be sold on it.

JBL not wrestling and just as color commentating.

The fairest assessment is both promotions have crap, and both have positives, and like with anything we all have our favourites.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:42:36 PM by Hammy » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12333 on: August 06, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »

when I read people *cough Hammy* on here dissing TNA, it makes me question their wrestling fandom.

U have to ask yourself: Are u a Wrestling fan or are you a soap opera fan.

Cause if you are a WRESTLING fan, I don't understand how anyone could not love TNA.

Because of things like.... the electric cage match between the dudleys & LAX.... maybe the worse thing i have seen since the cage match with dogs in the cage.... and they just kept shitting everywhere haha.

People like AJ Styles are great. and we all know how good Angle is and i have been a fan of Sabin and Shelley for a long time. But like Hammy says its all a little forced for me. Like the ending to the last PPV.... What a rip! i know it was in Bookers back yard but have some balls... don't finish it like that. That was rubbish. It made joe look silly. it made Booker look silly and it made the title look silly. Not to mention the Eric Young thing... dont get me started.

And even the X-Division isn't as exciting anymore. I remember Joe vs Styles vs Daniels... thats when TNA was at its best IMO. Never been a huge Sting Fan... so that doesn't help when he decides to show up and hit someone with a baseball bat.

And Soap Opera wise... yeah i like it. I prefer to see a good backstage section than Kane vs Khali. Some people are brilliant. I mean i have been pissing myself laughing at Santino/beth segments... brilliant. and there was a time where i could have happily seen the Rock talk all night.

TNA offers a different kind of product... and that good. But when Shelley and Sabin aren't on TV and they have two womens matches i think .... whats going on here. and to be honest i find TNA as predictable if not more predictable than WWE. D can attest to that with his prediction score hihi

TNA greatest asset is AJ Styles IMO and they nearly fucked him up by turning him heel.... i think a Joe vs AJ would be a money maker and could last months.... and i'd be interested in that. but short of that not alot will get me to watch TNA again.

[/color]

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12334 on: August 06, 2008, 06:26:25 AM »

TNA is okay. If it's on I would watch it occasionally, but I wouldn't watch it every week. I just couldn't be bothered with it. And the ridiculous amount of commercial breaks on the show is another reason why I find it hard to tune in.

They've never seemed to grasp the concept of less is more. I think Teams like Motor City Machine Guns are good, but are a little overated. They do so much fancy moves, that you can't even take the time to appriciate a good high spot because by the time you've taken it in, they've followed it up with like half a dozen more. That to me isn't what makes wrestling. I too, would take The Gravy Train or M N' M anyday.

To this day they still squash their broadcasts with so much crap, it's hard to see past it, and appriciate the good wrestling thats left in it. Without a doubt, there is so much great talent in TNA, I get that. But there is also some terrible talent, and some god awful storylines to go along with it. Eric Young tries to find Elvis? confused As for their matches, they're either over gimmicked rip offs of WWE matches (this is coming from the company that claims to be fresh and innovative), or they're just plain insane. When I look at TNA I see alot more negatives than positives.

Positives:

Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Christian Cage
Sting
Kaz
Awesome Kong

Negatives:

Kevin Nash
Scott Steiner
A Macho Man Impersonator
Feast or Fired Match
Electric Steel Cage Matches
Half of the once well respected X Divison has been turned into a complete laughing stock.
Terrordome Match
King of The Mountain Match
A great wrestler in Petey Williams transformed into a "comedy" heel. A mini Scott Steiner.
Everyone has to have a manager
Multiple ref run ins
A casket style match where the casket lifts into the sky.
Don West
Overall Unreliable. TNA often books unreliable performers in high profile matches, only for them to no show. Very unprofessional guys.  Roll Eyes

As for WWE? So far it has been a terrific year to be a WWE fan. The superb HBK/Y2J fued is definitely a fued of the year candidate, one of the best Wrestlemania's in along time, fantastic entries by Edge & Taker, great television matches; some suprises that we didn't see coming, two Elimination Chambers in the one ppv, and a TLC match just to name a few. So if it's great wrestling, a healthy dose of gimmick matches, great promos, the rise of new stars, crowning of new champions, WWE has provided all this within 7 months. And the year ain't over yet.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12335 on: August 06, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »

They've never seemed to grasp the concept of less is more. I think Teams like Motor City Machine Guns are good, but are a little overated. They do so much fancy moves, that you can't even take the time to appriciate a good high spot because by the time you've taken it in, they've followed it up with like half a dozen more. That to me isn't what makes wrestling. I too, would take The Gravy Train or M N' M anyday.

I wouldn't go that far, I really like them they are definately one of the high points, by The Gravy Train you don't mean Festus/Jesse do you?  You'd rather watch them over Sabin and Shelley?

Negatives:

Kevin Nash
Past his prime no doubt, the dude can be funny but as with a lot of people in wrestling you don't want to see them past their prime when they can't even wrestle anymore.

A Macho Man Impersonator
See that I don't mind, at least it gave him some personality (although the current story he's in is plain retarded), it was when they started adding to it with Stone Cold Shark Boy....

That along with the Ultimate X match are two of the new matches I actually enjoy.

That's not a bad thing.  Managers in the current landscape were starting to become a forgotten thing.  When used properly they can be greatly beneficial.  Jim Mitchell was a real asset to the company, I remember upon him leaving lots of people saying Kane could do with him as manager, maybe something like that combined with his mask would be worth it for one last run before he finally hangs it up.  Someone like Snitsky would of benefited from him to, he was never getting over on his own.

TNA often books unreliable performers in high profile matches, only for them to no show. Very unprofessional guys.
But for top names you have to take chances, heck WWE risks it to when they need not, Orton? Jeffrey?

As for WWE? So far it has been a terrific year to be a WWE fan.

I wouldn't go that far, there has been plenty to enjoy but I'm still waiting/hoping for that moment I can watch wrestling again and get that excitement chills down my spine feel, no matter what the company I haven't had that since 2002 when HBK returned.  Good/Classic Matches generally don't get that feeling, it's an overall vibe within a company, a direction it's going in.  WWE's tried to freshen things up lately and I've enjoyed it, but it's stuff they need to build on, I mean to win me over totally I'd need some semblemce of a Tag/IC Division everytime I see it coming it goes again.  I want an alternative if they cannot provide this but for me TNA's to damn ropey overall for me to be that alternative, as I said before, only a few changes could make a world of difference.  I caught the end of ECW last night for instance and take Matt Striker never been a commentator before, just a wrestler who never gets used in the ring much, and he was great he did a damn good job, I was discussing with slash666 how someone like Val Venis would benefit from this, the dude is a hell of a talker, and slash666 made a great analogy of who Venis is/could be like in that role....Jesse Ventura, but yeah the point is, good commentators aren't that hard to come by.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12336 on: August 06, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »

TNA is okay. If it's on I would watch it occasionally, but I wouldn't watch it every week. I just couldn't be bothered with it. And the ridiculous amount of commercial breaks on the show is another reason why I find it hard to tune in.

To this day they still squash their broadcasts with so much crap, it's hard to see past it, and appriciate the good wrestling thats left in it. Without a doubt, there is so much great talent in TNA, I get that. But there is also some terrible talent, and some god awful storylines to go along with it. Eric Young tries to find Elvis? confused As for their matches, they're either over gimmicked rip offs of WWE matches (this is coming from the company that claims to be fresh and innovative), or they're just plain insane. When I look at TNA I see alot more negatives than positives.

Positives:

Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Christian Cage
Sting
Kaz
Awesome Kong

Negatives:

Kevin Nash
Scott Steiner
A Macho Man Impersonator
Feast or Fired Match
Electric Steel Cage Matches
Half of the once well respected X Divison has been turned into a complete laughing stock.
Terrordome Match
A great wrestler in Petey Williams transformed into a "comedy" heel. A mini Scott Steiner.
Multiple ref run ins
A casket style match where the casket lifts into the sky.
Don West
Overall Unreliable. TNA often books unreliable performers in high profile matches, only for them to no show. Very unprofessional guys.  Roll Eyes

As for WWE? So far it has been a terrific year to be a WWE fan. The superb HBK/Y2J fued is definitely a fued of the year candidate, one of the best Wrestlemania's in along time, fantastic entries by Edge & Taker, great television matches; some suprises that we didn't see coming, two Elimination Chambers in the one ppv, and a TLC match just to name a few. So if it's great wrestling, a healthy dose of gimmick matches, great promos, the rise of new stars, crowning of new champions, WWE has provided all this within 7 months. And the year ain't over yet.

Reverse Battle Royal. Dumbest Fn Idea ever. and I thin TNA used to be a a solide product when they were pushing their own homemade talent up, but in the last 2 years they just go after WWE releases and throw them right in the main event, No offsense but I have seen enough Booker T in any world title picture for a lifetime. And when Angle came it its like he got creative control and everything was about him and his sperm deposit bucket karen.   I respected them alot more before hiring every WWE Fired gun possible and throwing them in the Main Events.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12337 on: August 06, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »

Found this today while browsing Amazon.com. The release date says October 7th (US Release) and it will appoximately be 540 mins spread accross 3 Discs. Considering there has only been about 15 Hell In The Cell Matches, and most of them have been very good, this has the potential to be a great set.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1199DL

It?s the most demonic structure in WWE and careers have been permanently altered by its unforgiving steel. Some of the biggest Superstars in WWE history, including Shawn Michaels, Mankind, Undertaker, Triple H, Batista and more, have had signature moments in the Cell. Now, for the first time, fans can watch the greatest Hell in a Cell matches in WWE history in this collector?s set, hosted by Mick Foley.

Disc 1

The Devil?s Playground

The Debut

Hell in a Cell
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
Badd Blood (October 5, 1997)

RAW in Hell

Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane
RAW (June 15, 1998)

The Defining Match

Hell in a Cell
Undertaker vs. Mankind
King of the Ring (June 28, 1998)

Partners turned Opponents

Hell in a Cell
Mankind vs. Kane
RAW (August 24, 1998)

Career on the Line

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship (Cactus Jack?s Career is on the Line)
Triple H vs. Cactus Jack
No Way Out (February 27, 2000)

The Six Men

Six-Man Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Steve Austin
Armageddon (December 10, 2000)

Disc 2

End the Game

Hell in a Cell
Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
Judgment Day (May 19, 2002)

Earning Your Respect

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
No Mercy (October 20, 2002)

Special Guest Referee

Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
Bad Blood (June 15, 2003)

Good Friends Gone Bad

Hell in a Cell
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
Bad Blood (June 13, 2004)

Disc 3

The Animal?s Evolution

Batista vs. Triple H
Vengeance (June 26, 2005)

The Legend Killer

Hell in a Cell
Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
Armageddon (December 18, 2005)

The Amplified Version

Hell in a Cell Handicap Match
Degeneration-X vs. Shane McMahon, Mr. McMahon & Big Show
Unforgiven (September 17, 2006)

The End of the Line

Undertaker vs. Batista
Survivor Series (November 18, 2007)

Defining A Career

So you'll have talking/introductions to for all the matches, good to see they have left off the worst one they ever had, Bossman/Taker.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12338 on: August 06, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

I'm with D and Izzy..

TNA is fun, innovative, and the storylines are fresh.

I rather shove a pinecone up my ass than watch WWE.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12339 on: August 07, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »

I'm with D and Izzy..

TNA is fun, innovative, and the storylines are fresh.

I rather shove a pinecone up my ass than watch WWE.

Maybe that shows the intelligence of TNA fans rofl rofl Just Joking!

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: