Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825398 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12300 on: August 01, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »

Just seen this on the net thought it would be worth sharing since it gets back to my frustration over how Vince is selling being injured and doing stuff outside of wrestling to disprove it.

"Funny note after the Saturday Night's Main Event/Monday Night Raw tapings in Washington, D.C. Vince McMahon was spotted sitting in the hotel lobby where the WWE wrestlers were staying at. McMahon isn't often seen doing this. One fan reportedly congratulated Vince on the birth of his granddaughter and he blew off the comment.

According to live reports from the show, Mike Adamle apparently gave away he was going to be the new General Manager of Raw to the live audience in Washington D.C. as he left the announce table and grabbed a ring mic as soon as Shane McMahon's music hit. He was then told to quickly return to the announce table and then once Shane teased the new GM was backstage, Adamle got into the ring and stood between John Cena and Batista. While the miscue by Adamle didn't ruin the live broadcast of the show, it was obvious live that he was going to be the new GM."

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12301 on: August 01, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »

I love that Kendrick is now referred to as The Brian Kendrick (no lie!) ok  Also his promo was excellent!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12302 on: August 02, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »

Bastita, CM PUNK, CENA, KANE, JBL are all in the main event title scene

Jericho is done with his talk show and hopefully the HBK fued for awhile so he would be the 6th member in the Main title scene.
I am aware of who's on RAW

Jericho cant be Champ - they tried it before and it was a disaster

Kane will never be champ again and JBL is the most boring man in wrestling

CM Punk would make an excellent IC champ but again, he's an embaraasing champion

That leaves Batista and Cena

...and Batista has no personality so he's no good either.....

oh dear....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12303 on: August 02, 2008, 05:31:47 AM »

I love that Kendrick is now referred to as The Brian Kendrick (no lie!) ok  Also his promo was excellent!

steady there....

it was the whole 'we need to make him hated.....hmm....well we either get him to say he's richer than the audience or doesn't care about them' routine

...however, he really impresses me, JR's claim he's a young Shawn Michaels certainly crossed my mind. Get him battling with a face for the US title and I can see great things for him. The moves he could pull when teamed up with Paul London were really impressive - I fear that he will become a ''brawler'' though

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12304 on: August 02, 2008, 07:47:36 AM »

Jericho cant be Champ - they tried it before and it was a disaster

True it was but it was booked horribly, booked properly I think he could be a good heel champ, his current run with HBK has done a fantastic job of getting him over as a top line sadistic heel, I think he's the best performer on the show by a long way these days.

Kane will never be champ again and JBL is the most boring man in wrestling
Kane is like Billy Gunn, once a year he gets a big push and then a few months in they change their minds and job him out, I hope I'm wrong and he can have one last run at the top, I still think, long term it'd be an idea for Undertaker to put him out of his misery.  He's talked about retiring in the past and by goofy WWE standards, surely he needs to lose something like a Buried Alive Match, he can hardly go the Flair route, even though it would be funny to see Undertaker sayin' "I'm sorry I love you" then whacking him over the head with a spade and pushing him into the grave Cheesy

JBL is definately a crap wrestler.  His best in-ring run was in the APA, in their days in the Tag Division they had Hardyz and E & C who were happy to bump like crazy and make his power moves look great, that and matches in that era struggled to stretch past 5 minutes.....

.....Promo wise though the guy is damn good.

CM Punk would make an excellent IC champ but again, he's an embaraasing champion
I like the freshness of it, and he does actually win to, fine Snitsky and Regal aren't top line, but heck Mysterio lost to Finlay, Khali and Henry.

...and Batista has no personality so he's no good either.....

The kids (most fans) love him so despite the hate he has amongst the IWC his main event spot will remain.

I'm annoyed they've blown the "1st Ever", Cena and Batista bout having it at Summerslam like a week into the start of them feuding, I was hoping for a Wrestlemania 25 "1st Ever" match, by the repeating standards, it'll be Batista vs Cena V by then.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12305 on: August 02, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »

Anyone been reading Jake Roberts reviews of Raw he does on his myspace? Some of his points are spot on
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=131113609

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12306 on: August 02, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »

-- Since being drafted to Raw, Chuck Palumbo still has yet to make a television appearance on his new brand. Reader Ronzilla sent in the following regarding his encounter with Palumbo at last week's Raw at the Mohegan Sun... I was at Mohegan Sun on Monday and I met Chuck Palumbo. He was shopping with his son ( i belive it was his son ) in a music shop and I got a chance to talk to him. He said he hasn't been on raw because he has been having nagging shoulder injuries and his knee has been bothering him.. I told him that I enjoyed the stuff he did with Jamie Noble and he didn't seem like he was too pleased with how it came about.. He said "It's all politics.. That's all it is.." Referring to his angle with Jamie Noble. I told him that I heard about Noble and HHH/HBK being friends backstage ( I read it off of your site of course ) so it looks to be true.. Anyway Chuck was a really nice guy and HUGE in person

Phew thank god thats the reason he hasnt been on yet, when hes back they could really build him to a high mid card slot as hes been impressive since coming back and he got good heat, plus Raw is in need of more heels

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12307 on: August 02, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »

Anyone been reading Jake Roberts reviews of Raw he does on his myspace? Some of his points are spot on

yey gods, grammar!

The guy cant write - its all a single sentence, sounds like he dictated it

Anyone that writes like that cant be all that smart....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12308 on: August 02, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »

Its an old guy using new technology do you blame him?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #12309 on: August 02, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »

yey gods, grammar!

to be fair , the man has done a shit load of drugs. His brain has to be fucked up proper.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12310 on: August 03, 2008, 09:25:01 AM »

TNA Hard Justice looks like its got Summerslam comfortably beaten

Some great matches lined up - Angle V AJ Styles in a last man standing match looks to be something specially

Maybe Taker v Edge in HIAC will help drag Summerslam from the depths but when was the last time a HIAC was anything more than a cage match?

...and for that matter, when was the last time a cage match was actually a cage match? All the ones I've seen in years have had the door open, or the ref inexplicably opens it half way through?

What was the point of the cage itself then?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12311 on: August 03, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »

yey gods, grammar!

to be fair , the man has done a shit load of drugs. His brain has to be fucked up proper.

You ever see that documentary from 7-10 years ago where he was visiting his daughter, then that night he was suppose to wrestle in a school gymnasium and he rfused to wrestle until someone got him some cocaine?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12312 on: August 03, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »

Nothing worse than a washed up overrated veteran criticizing everyone else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12313 on: August 03, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »

Nothing worse than a washed up overrated WWE Game veteran criticizing everyone else.

Fixed  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12314 on: August 03, 2008, 04:22:21 PM »

^Ooh, he went there.

Anyway, something random: I've noticed that JBL hasn't smiled once since returning to the ring. The old JBl always had that smug grin on his face. Bring it back!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12315 on: August 03, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »

Im not sayin Jake doesnt have valid points but I dont know, it turns me off when somebody criticizes others when they werent the greatest either

Jake gets a lot of credit for "Ring psychology" i personally think he was overrated and ONLY over due to his fucking snake Gimmick.

When your prop is more famous and over than U, u are overrated.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12316 on: August 04, 2008, 03:11:50 PM »

Im not sayin Jake doesnt have valid points but I dont know, it turns me off when somebody criticizes others when they werent the greatest either

Jake gets a lot of credit for "Ring psychology" i personally think he was overrated and ONLY over due to his fucking snake Gimmick.

When your prop is more famous and over than U, u are overrated.

We agree on something?  I always thought the snake made the man, much like the Bird made Koko B Ware, they were not a mascot like they should of been, where as the bulldogs dog was a true mascot.

I remember people freaking out when they thought Earthquake killed Damion back in the day, I always thought Face Jake was alright midcarder at best and pushed higher because of his pet, now the Heal Jake with the Cobra that he use don Macho that was a good gimmick, I liked him in that role, He sold that well.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12317 on: August 05, 2008, 05:12:43 AM »

Is it just me or is Bastita and Cena co World Tag Team Champions, fueding against each other for a world title chance, damn close to where Cena and HBK were about 12-18 months ago as co champions battling for the wwe title?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12318 on: August 05, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »

Is it just me or is Bastita and Cena co World Tag Team Champions, fueding against each other for a world title chance, damn close to where Cena and HBK were about 12-18 months ago as co champions battling for the wwe title?

WWE booking is so fucking retarded.

I am so happy every week I watch TNA and get new exciting innovative matches.  WWE is so fuckin stupid and shitty right now, I find myself just miserable tryin to sit through it.

U got two up and coming 2nd generation stars and u turn them into jobbing pussies at houseshows and then take their belts for WHAT?

If Cena and Batista need tag titles for their feud to sale, U GOT PROBLEMS!

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12319 on: August 05, 2008, 07:52:58 AM »

WWE booking is so fucking retarded.

I am so happy every week I watch TNA and get new exciting innovative matches.  WWE is so fuckin stupid and shitty right now, I find myself just miserable tryin to sit through it.

U got two up and coming 2nd generation stars and u turn them into jobbing pussies at houseshows and then take their belts for WHAT?

If Cena and Batista need tag titles for their feud to sale, U GOT PROBLEMS!

I dont watch TNA anymore but i agree with the booking comment. They finally decided to push some youngsters and then do this. i dont understand. I mean wouldn't it have been easy to have a DQ or countout finish. Now we have two big names who have the titles who are gonna be hard to get them off and in the process just killed the youngsters tag reign off. I hope they get another chance.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: