Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825329 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12240 on: July 23, 2008, 05:57:06 PM »

New ECW Title belt.
Thanks, I was looking for this. To comment on it, it looks terrible. This must be WWE's way of offically taking the ECW title belt and putting it down on par with the US and IC titles...if it is even at that value anymore.

THey got rid of Paul Heyman, Then RVD left, Then sandman went to Raw and was released, the all the ecw originals left, now the belt is gone replaced with an Iced out man version of the diva title, I will admit the original ECW title wasnt that special, This new one looks plain, unless they plan on keeping on mark henry who is black and it sticks out better on him, (And I dont mean that in a racist way) Tommy Dreamer jobbing out his days in WWE HAVE TO BE NUMBERED

They have just erased history here.... Yeah ECW wasn't the same but that is the final nail in the coffin for me. Just think of all the blood and sweat that went in to that old ECW belt.... this isn't just refreshing the belt like other titles..... this is replacing it IMO and i think thats a shame. and for Mark Henry to be the last to hold the old belt that people like Shane Douglas, Mike Awesome, Taz, Rhino, Sabu & Raven did so much for. Just stinks to me.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Evolution
« Reply #12241 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »

I think the fact the holder of the belt is referred to as the "World Wrestling Entertainment ECW Champion" is pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12242 on: July 23, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »

I think that brings up the question what is the World Wrestling Federation ECW Champion?

I'm not sure, but I know its not.

-A Heavyweight Championship belt like it once was, It isnt the flagship belt of a leauge, the top of the mountain for Champions. Its not a top tier title when its job around and whored out. You have like 10-12 wrestlers in "ECW" its not even a division, there were more people in NWO / NWO Wolfpack at one time then ECW has, its really just a stable that fights within itself.

-Its not a Extreme Championship Title. WWE Could of brought the hardcore championship back and made a division to offer on Sci Fi a more adult Hardcore Program. I know with Lawsuits/Liabilities, and Injuries we will never see a mainstream extreme wrestling, which is fine, but offer some special matches or something to ECW to seperate it from the rest of wwe. Has there even been a Hardcore/Extreme Title match since the title was brought back? I know RVD was awarded it, then show got it Then Lashey and Mcmahon fueded, before the Crippler and Morrison were suppose to fight for it, but I cant think of any extreme matches, am I missing something? RAW has last man standing, parking lot, cage, hell in cell, shouldnt that be ECW product?

-Its not the title Shane Douglas won as the NWA Eastern Championship and slammed out proclaiming himself the Extreme Championship Champion.

-Its not the title I got to see Taz wear in a small auditorium as he was beating the hell out of someone as he is screaming hes going to fuck his opponent up (forgot who he fought). I mean the action was right next to you, Where else can you be close enough to yell at One Man Gang and have him call you an asshole and (genlty) push you aside as hes battling Balls Mahoney in the crowd around you. Sure its not much, but when you see them give it their all and you can feel the action all around you it was some priceless wrestling.  It was low budget, but it was one of the most exciting events I went to back in 1997-1998ish?

-ECW Heavyweight Champions were always tough as nails, son of a gun, tru a-holes who gave the impression you didnt want to mess with them. I never seen David Arquette or Vince Wearing that title whoring it out for some crappy reason (i know vince has worn it now, it was his way of celebrating a buyout of ecw and his rebirth.)

Go to WWE Website, it claims "Check out the history of the ECW Championship, from Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka all the way up to Mark Henry." I never knew Snuka was a ECW Champion? I thought he was beat by Shane Douglas in the process of crowning the first champion.

ECW Tru Champions
Tazz
Sandman
Mike Awesome,
Shane Douglas,
Bam Bam
Raven
Sabu
--- Its a strong list of some of the hardestcore wrestlers around. You respected them as Champions.

Now WWE ECW Champions.
Mark Henry
Vince McMahon
Chavo Guerro
Kane
CM Punk

Not exactly world champions viewed as the top of the buz.

That New Ecw is so TERRIBLE AND FEMMIE that title alone makes me actually like the WWE Spinner belt.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12243 on: July 23, 2008, 10:40:37 PM »

I went through a time awhile back bitching and moaning about ecw. Not anymore. I just don't give a fuck. The first ECW One Night Stand the WWE got right. Made me excited when they announced a second one night stand and a new ecw brand. When I watched the second one night stand I knew wwe was gonna fuck it up. Compared to the first it was complete shit. From there wwe went on to give Big Show the ecw title. Have "extreme rules" matches sometimes that never really looked more than a shitty hardcore match called extreme. Heyman made ecw, vince took it, took a giant shit on it, buried it and now is digging it back up again only to take a bigger shit on it.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12244 on: July 25, 2008, 09:49:49 AM »

ECW was quite enjoyable this week, especially the main event. I hope they continue to use Miz N' Morrison as a Tag Team though. They have better chemisty as a duo, and offer much more than Cody (haths a lisp) Rhodes and Ted Dibiase who has yet to prove to anyone that the WWE made the right move by putting a title on him. His name will only take him so far, (look at DH Smith) so it will be interesting to see how he fares in the company throughout the next year or so.

Call me crazy but I do believe Mike Adamle is getting better. He's beginning to sound more confident in his play-by-play role and Tazz hardly needs to correct him these days.  Tongue Did anyone else find it funny when Chavo Guerrero repeatedly said, "us Guerrero's always learn from our mistakes." I see, so that would explain why Chavo is a two time offender in the Wellness Policy and he done so after his Uncle Eddie died of past drug abuse.  Roll Eyes

I haven't saw Mike Knox wrestle in a while, but judging on the promo they aired right before the main event, I'm guessing they're building him up to be a main event calibre heel. He looks like a younger in shape Hacksaw Jim Duggan with his new look. As for his push, I shall believe it when I see it. I can see him going down the road of Snitsky. Promised a big push, but a year down the road has yet to recieve it, and is making a living jobbing to guys alot smaller than him.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12245 on: July 25, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »

Mike Knox= Snitsky

dudes get a 2 week run as a monster and then become jobbers again.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12246 on: July 25, 2008, 01:55:33 PM »

ECW was quite enjoyable this week, especially the main event. I hope they continue to use Miz N' Morrison as a Tag Team though. They have better chemisty as a duo, and offer much more than Cody (haths a lisp) Rhodes and Ted Dibiase who has yet to prove to anyone that the WWE made the right move by putting a title on him. His name will only take him so far, (look at DH Smith) so it will be interesting to see how he fares in the company throughout the next year or so.

Call me crazy but I do believe Mike Adamle is getting better. He's beginning to sound more confident in his play-by-play role and Tazz hardly needs to correct him these days.  Tongue Did anyone else find it funny when Chavo Guerrero repeatedly said, "us Guerrero's always learn from our mistakes." I see, so that would explain why Chavo is a two time offender in the Wellness Policy and he done so after his Uncle Eddie died of past drug abuse.  Roll Eyes

I haven't saw Mike Knox wrestle in a while, but judging on the promo they aired right before the main event, I'm guessing they're building him up to be a main event calibre heel. He looks like a younger in shape Hacksaw Jim Duggan with his new look. As for his push, I shall believe it when I see it. I can see him going down the road of Snitsky. Promised a big push, but a year down the road has yet to recieve it, and is making a living jobbing to guys alot smaller than him.

To be honest you can't really compare Miz N' Morrison & Rhodes/DiBiase. Miz/Morrison have been given alot more airtime and have been together longer. Rhodes/DiBiase have had what about 4-5 matches on TV so obviously they haven't been able to shine yet, especially this week when they were essentially just putting over how "better" Cena is. But you can't say promo's last week & this week on Hacksaw haven't been great, their mic work last week was brilliant as they were basically just telling the truth while making everyone seriously hate them for it.

ECW main event this week was definitely great, I agree with people who say its perhaps the best match on ECW since they brought it back. Lots of back and forth action, putting over all 4 guys and all looking very impressive. All 4 guys proving they have what it takes to get a higher place in WWE and also boy was Hardy over!

Back in Mike Knox's first ECW run in 06 I wasn't a fan at all but now I think he has really improved and they have actually built him up as a believable monster heel. I like his finisher aswell, check out Evan Bournes selling of it if you haven't, tis brilliant! On WWE Mobile exclusive it showed Knox & Finlay arguing so looks like he actually has a feud now, I think working with Finlay can only do good and he will learn so much.

...Oh and what an impressive beard!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12247 on: July 26, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »

His name will only take him so far, (look at DH Smith) so it will be interesting to see how he fares in the company throughout the next year or so.

To be fair though, DH broke the Wellness Policy Once. and the Bulldog was last seen in WCW and not as close as Ted Sr to wwe. Ted Sr was a strong performer, and now a strong worker behind the scenes for WWE. I also image Ted Sr is probalby friends / good terms with the writers on raw giving him a better chance to shine.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12248 on: July 26, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »

I hope they continue to use Miz N' Morrison as a Tag Team though. They have better chemisty as a duo, and offer much more than Cody (haths a lisp) Rhodes and Ted Dibiase who has yet to prove to anyone that the WWE made the right move by putting a title on him. His name will only take him so far, (look at DH Smith) so it will be interesting to see how he fares in the company throughout the next year or so.

To be honest you can't really compare Miz N' Morrison & Rhodes/DiBiase. Miz/Morrison have been given alot more airtime and have been together longer. Rhodes/DiBiase have had what about 4-5 matches on TV so obviously they haven't been able to shine yet, especially this week when they were essentially just putting over how "better" Cena is.
I agree with what you're saying, but don't you think he should have had to prove himself before he got a title put on him? He came straight in from FCW jumped onto the WWE's "flagship show" and basically got handed a title. There are alot of guys on the current roster waiting for their big break and deserves an instant push like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be one half of the World Tag Team Champions, I just think it was lazy booking for him to come in and win it the way he did.

Ted Sr was a strong performer, and now a strong worker behind the scenes for WWE.

Nah, Ted Dibiase Sr. isn't employed by the WWE. He's a born again Christian, and working as a Minister these days.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12249 on: July 26, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »

I hope they continue to use Miz N' Morrison as a Tag Team though. They have better chemisty as a duo, and offer much more than Cody (haths a lisp) Rhodes and Ted Dibiase who has yet to prove to anyone that the WWE made the right move by putting a title on him. His name will only take him so far, (look at DH Smith) so it will be interesting to see how he fares in the company throughout the next year or so.

To be honest you can't really compare Miz N' Morrison & Rhodes/DiBiase. Miz/Morrison have been given alot more airtime and have been together longer. Rhodes/DiBiase have had what about 4-5 matches on TV so obviously they haven't been able to shine yet, especially this week when they were essentially just putting over how "better" Cena is.
I agree with what you're saying, but don't you think he should have had to prove himself before he got a title put on him? He came straight in from FCW jumped onto the WWE's "flagship show" and basically got handed a title. There are alot of guys on the current roster waiting for their big break and deserves an instant push like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be one half of the World Tag Team Champions, I just think it was lazy booking for him to come in and win it the way he did.

Ted Sr was a strong performer, and now a strong worker behind the scenes for WWE.

Nah, Ted Dibiase Sr. isn't employed by the WWE. He's a born again Christian, and working as a Minister these days.

You sure he isnt around, I always see him backstage on RAWS when they do their big events

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12250 on: July 26, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »

He probably just stops in backstage from time to time to meet friends. He was hired as a Road agent for Smackdown in 2005 and was fired a little over a year later, because the company were making cutbacks. Thats how the story goes anyways.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12251 on: July 27, 2008, 12:23:13 PM »

Found this today while browsing Amazon.com. The release date says October 7th (US Release) and it will appoximately be 540 mins spread accross 3 Discs. Considering there has only been about 15 Hell In The Cell Matches, and most of them have been very good, this has the potential to be a great set.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12252 on: July 27, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »

that looks like a must buy! Totally forgot about this being released aswell but its a nice suprise and one I'm definitely buying

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12253 on: July 27, 2008, 01:36:16 PM »

that looks like a must buy! Totally forgot about this being released aswell but its a nice suprise and one I'm definitely buying
Yeah. There's a good chance they might put the first 15 on here in their entirety which would truely be a must-own collection. By doing a rough estimate, the total running time for the first 15 HITC matches comes to about 354 minutes. Thats excluding entrances of course. If they do include them all here's a quick reminder of what we would be getting:

1. Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Badd Blood 1997)
2. The Undertaker & Steve Austin vs Mankind & Kane (Raw 1998)
3. Undertaker vs Mankind (K.O.T.R. 1998)
4. Kane vs Mankind  (Raw 1998)
5. The Undertaker vs Big Boss Man (Wrestlemania XV)
6. Cactus Jack vs Triple H (No Way Out 2000)
7. The Rock vs Undertaker vs Triple H vs Steve Austin vs Kurt Angle vs Rikishi (Armageddon 2000)
8. Triple H vs Chris Jericho (Judgement Day 2002)
9. The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar (No Mercy 2002)
10. Triple H vs Kevin Nash (Bad Blood 2003)
11. Shawn Michaels vs Triple H Bad Blood 2004)
12. Triple H vs Batista (Vengeance 2005)
13. Randy Orton vs The Undertaker (Armageddon 2005)
14. DX vs The McMahons & The Big Show (Unforgiven 2006)
15. The Undertaker vs Batista (Survivor Series 2007)

Maybe they can put Triple H vs Khali at Summerslam as a bonus feature.  hihi

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12254 on: July 27, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »

HHH vs Khali? You not mean Taker vs Edge? thats the HIAC match at Summerslam  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12255 on: July 27, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »

Hell in the cell set would be awesome. Just don't put the Nash vs. HHH on there. That one sucked hard.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12256 on: July 27, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

HHH vs Khali? You not mean Taker vs Edge? thats the HIAC match at Summerslam  hihi
Oh, my bad, don't know why I said HHH/Khali, I must have either gotten mixed up or was trying to insult Khali...damn.  hihi

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12257 on: July 27, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »

Oh, my bad, don't know why I said HHH/Khali, I must have either gotten mixed up or was trying to insult Khali...damn.  hihi

haha most likely the 2nd option.

Although I do like your idea of a non-HIAC match on a HIAC set, that would be the ultimate Russo swerve! hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12258 on: July 27, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »

If the 15 known HELL in a CELL matches ad up to roughly 354 minutes and the 3 Disc set is suppose to be 540 mins APX, what else are they going to put on it? That leaves 186 Minutes or just over 3 hours of footage, I know they are going to do sums ups of story lines to introduce matches but 3 Hours? Are they going to through on a Pujabi Prison match or something, Are we missing some of the matches?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #12259 on: July 28, 2008, 08:53:58 AM »

If the 15 known HELL in a CELL matches ad up to roughly 354 minutes and the 3 Disc set is suppose to be 540 mins APX, what else are they going to put on it? That leaves 186 Minutes or just over 3 hours of footage, I know they are going to do sums ups of story lines to introduce matches but 3 Hours? Are they going to through on a Pujabi Prison match or something, Are we missing some of the matches?

Those highlight packages they used to build up matches and to show you what went down to bring us to the point that these guys are wrestling in a HITC match. Those things can last between 5-10 minutes.

Wrestlers talking about the HITC in general.

How the idea came about.

Wrestlers entrances. From the minute they walk out the curtain to the second the bell rings. There is usually alot of stalling in between.

They'll probably use the same concept as they did on the Ladder Match DVD. Todd Grisham introduces every match and does a quick interview with one of the guys thats in the match.

Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: