Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825661 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12220 on: July 22, 2008, 02:01:38 AM »

Raw was excellent tonight.

Jericho is so amazing. He is the ultimate heel and the best on the WWE roster currently. I hope they give him another title run.

Beth Phoenix is approaching Trish Stratus level of fandom from me. I love everything about this woman. She can kick ass, she is hot, acts pretty decently and is always entertaining.

D Lo Brown..................... Thought I heard a fan sneeze during his match..... Chirp Chirp. Never forgave the guy for paralyzing Droz

6 Man Tag was awesome. I love Dibiase Jr. this kid is gonna be huge.

Main event was also well done although The WWE have an identity crisis right now. Everyone is a face it seems and they arent able to turn Batista heel.

Did anyone hear the Cheers Jericho was getting? HAHA!

HBK for the heel

I thought HBK was my fave wrestler till last night and I realized I was cheering for Jericho the whole time. So I guess Jericho is now my favorite.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12221 on: July 22, 2008, 10:55:52 AM »

RASSLER A PARTY CLASHER
BLOODY BRAWL AT CAPT. LOU'S BASH

By JOHN DOYLE and JEANE MacINTOSH

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07222008/news/regionalnews/rassler_a_party_clasher_120926.htm

SUBMISSION: Jim "The Sandman" Fullington is carted off by cops after a brutal scuffle at Capt. Lou Albano's birthday party.

July 22, 2008 --
A 75th-birthday bash for wrestling icon Capt. Lou Albano turned into a real-life "Wrestlemania" event when "The Sandman" allegedly got drunk and went berserk - and "The Zombie" and "Pitbull" struggled to restrain him as a SWAT team was called in.

"It was unbelievable - I've never seen anything like it," one stunned party guest told The Post yesterday, after wrestler Jim "The Sandman" Fullington found himself at the center of a bottle-hurling, glass-smashing melee with the owner of La Lanterna restaurant in Yonkers.

"If you didn't know better, you'd think the whole thing had been staged."

Five Yonkers cops, a SWAT unit and an ambulance had to be called to stop the brawl, which partygoers said started after Fullington exchanged words with eatery owner T.J. Tarone - who responded by shattering a beer bottle in the face of the 6-foot-6, 300-pound wrestler.

The bloodied and battered Fullington - an Extreme Championship Wrestling pro and longtime friend of the legendary Albano - left the party in an ambulance, and woke up in a Westchester jail cell yesterday, charged with assault, according to Yonkers cops.

PHOTO GALLERY:  Wrestling Bar Brawl
http://www.nypost.com/photos/galleries/news/regionalnews/pp_20080722_albano/photo01.htm

The bizarre scene unfolded late Sunday, after a daylong gathering of about 150 of Albano's nearest and dearest, including Fullington and the other wrestlers.

Around 5 p.m., Fullington - who'd earlier given a touching toast to his pal - became loud and boisterous, witnesses said.

He was in the bar "smacking around the lights like they were a speedbag," one source said.

"The next thing you knew, it was chaos," a witness said.

Fullington went after Tarone, as fellow wrestlers Tim "The Zombie" Roberts and Gary "Pitbull" Wolfe took him outside and tried to calm him.

Then "the owner guy pulls out a beer bottle and - from about three feet away - just hauls off and whips it at this wrestler guy," one witness said.

Albano's agent and niece, Kami Albano, who had planned the soiree, confirmed that account.

"Sandman was bleeding all over the place," she said.

An enraged Fullington broke free from his buddies and chased Tarone back through the restaurant into the kitchen.

There, witnesses said, "The Sandman" picked up dish-racks full of glassware and started throwing them through the air.

By then, cops had been called - and came into the kitchen with guns drawn.

A Yonkers police spokeswoman said Fullington "resisted arrest," and that two cops were later treated for glass wounds and "exposure to blood."

Tarone was at the beach yesterday and through friends, declined comment.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12222 on: July 22, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »

Maybe someone put a dime in the jukebox and selected METALLICA - ENTER SANDMAN and he was having a bad flashback to good old ECW?

Anyways I was about 99% ready to turn off raw last night and play civilization, It had such a bad slow start. With Bastita bitching in the Ring, and JBL bitching back, and CM coming off looking like a bitch/ rey mysterio type world champion. Not to mention JBL messing up some lines calling Punk cena.

Cade Vs London or Kendrick? Not sure, I got lost in his whole mic spiel about HBK and inviting him down to ring.  then Jericho Comes out and does his heel talk, which I would normally like, but give me some action at this point its like a girls in highschool bitching each other out.

Then Beth Comes out and Takes on Kelly Kelly, Was it just me or was these woman MOANING a little more then normal. I swear Kelly Kelly was moaning 2 -3 times before and after each move, God does Beth look good, I would love to see her have a little weasel of a manager in Santino, I think thats just what she needs to be push as a headlining woman again, I wish I was manhandled by her.

Cant we Have a single Match between Faces in Dave and Punk? Just one match. They are really whoring out PUnk as a Champion here.

Its nice to see Cena not in the Heavyweight Title Fight, but is the only none champion he is allowed to fight JBL?  He needs some new story I just hope by SS their fued will end that night..

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12223 on: July 22, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »

Lol, HBK's hypocrisy seems to have (finally) been noticed by the fans

Personally, cant stand the guy (I reserve the same contempt for him as i do all religious fanatics)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12224 on: July 22, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »

D Lo Brown..................... Thought I heard a fan sneeze during his match..... Chirp Chirp. Never forgave the guy for paralyzing Droz
Really?  You were oblivious to the "Let's go D'Lo chants then".

Great to see him back and in shape, and why bring up the Droz incident?  It was an accident, which Droz himself acknowledged and told D'Lo (Who considered retiring), not to blame himself, part of the blame for the move going wrong Droz takes himself anyway.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12225 on: July 22, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »

The Great American Bash was ok. I was dissappointed by a few things that happened.

The last 5-10 minutes of the HBK/Jericho match was total crap. I hate it when refs get involved and stop the match. It was fucking retarted. We've seen guys with bloody faces in shit loads of matches through the years and some even go on to win. Lots of HHH's matches come to mind. I hate it when WWE does this.

The Punk/Batista match was good up until the crap ending. I really wish they would give him at least one big win. For once at least let him come out on top after the match. Fuck.

The edge/hhh match was decent. The ending had me cracking up.

Raw was good. I liked it better than last week. I like the shit talking at the begining. I may be a minority here but I like when raw opens with 10 minutes of promo shit and shit talking. It sets the tone for the night and can really get you anticipating matches or whats going to happen.

Kane came off better at the PPV and last night than he has the past few weeks. I'm a fan of the elimination chamber and think with Kane/Jbl/Batista/Cena/Punk all being involved in the last minute of raw's championship match you could really set one up at summerslam by getting someone else involved. Cena's fueding with JBL but confronts Batista at the end of raw. Batista wants the title but Kane keeps fucking him and Punk up. Punk wants a good win and JBL wants the belt. If you put someone else in the mix an elimination chamber seems like it would be kool to settle it. And let Punk come out the winner. I know its not gonna happen but I think it would be kool. smoking

Edit: I forgot to mention D'lo's return. I thought it came off well. The crowd was kind of into it and he looked damn good.  smoking
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:01:12 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12226 on: July 22, 2008, 05:30:17 PM »

D'lo's been gone - 10 years??

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12227 on: July 22, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »

5 years

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #12228 on: July 22, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »

Great to see him back and in shape, and why bring up the Droz incident?  It was an accident, which Droz himself acknowledged and told D'Lo (Who considered retiring), not to blame himself, part of the blame for the move going wrong Droz takes himself anyway.

I was going to point this out but I see Hammy beat me to it. I think it's pretty poor of you to blame D'Lo for the accident. I thought the official line was a drink thrown into the ring prior to their match causing a slip. D'Lo deserves his reputation as being "a good hand."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #12229 on: July 23, 2008, 01:46:52 AM »

5 years

i wish it were 20...he is a waste of air time.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12230 on: July 23, 2008, 03:13:49 AM »

U guys can say what u want

When u perform a move on a wrestler, his life his in YOUR hands. D Lo fucked the move up.  Its not only that, I just think he is boring and D Lo got a chant from like 6 fans. I thought it had brutal silence.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12231 on: July 23, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »

When u perform a move on a wrestler, his life his in YOUR hands. D Lo fucked the move up.
...And Droz fucked it up, the dude admits they both screwed it up, pointless argument anyway, if Droz can forgive him and doesn't blame him, why can't you, it's a fucked up accident but accidents happen, you can't turn back the clock and change things, just take extra care to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Different reports have blamed a fan throwing something in the ring and/or Droz's baggy pants ring attire, but yeah moving on....

New ECW Title belt.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12232 on: July 23, 2008, 07:35:26 AM »

I know but everytime I see him, I think of poor Droz........... Kind of like a much smaller level Chris Benoit. U cant watch him wrestle anymore without thinking of what he did.

Everytime I see D Lo I think of Droz.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12233 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:15 AM »

I know but everytime I see him, I think of poor Droz........... Kind of like a much smaller level Chris Benoit. U cant watch him wrestle anymore without thinking of what he did.

Oh come on analogies like that are f'n awful, even stressing the word much smaller, to liken the incident.  It was hardly malicious and he wasn't the first WWE star to be involved in a botched move that messed someone up, Jannetty and Triple H to name but two have been as well.

I mean Benoit - Lost his mind, killed his family.  Clearly had a screw lose, ended innocent lives, purposely.

D'Lo AND Droz botched a move, Droz payed the price.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12234 on: July 23, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »

Im not saying they are similiar, just when I see him, I cant help but think of Droz in a wheelchair.

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12235 on: July 23, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »

New ECW Title belt.
Thanks, I was looking for this. To comment on it, it looks terrible. This must be WWE's way of offically taking the ECW title belt and putting it down on par with the US and IC titles...if it is even at that value anymore.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12236 on: July 23, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »

Did WWE get a 2 for 1 deal on that new title & the Divas one?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12237 on: July 23, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »

Accidents Happened, I remember Owen Dropping Stone Cold on his head, in that match stone cold was suppose to win. and Owen never visited him or patched things up before his death. If what Stone Cold says is true it would upset me but I would never hold it against him as I am not going to let one accident they didnt mean to happened ruin what they have done.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12238 on: July 23, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

New ECW Title belt.
Thanks, I was looking for this. To comment on it, it looks terrible. This must be WWE's way of offically taking the ECW title belt and putting it down on par with the US and IC titles...if it is even at that value anymore.

THey got rid of Paul Heyman, Then RVD left, Then sandman went to Raw and was released, the all the ecw originals left, now the belt is gone replaced with an Iced out man version of the diva title, I will admit the original ECW title wasnt that special, This new one looks plain, unless they plan on keeping on mark henry who is black and it sticks out better on him, (And I dont mean that in a racist way) Tommy Dreamer jobbing out his days in WWE HAVE TO BE NUMBERED

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12239 on: July 23, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »

Tommy Dreamer will never get released by WWE. He falls into the same catagory as guys like Val Venis. Despite getting jobbed out in 90% of their matches they still maintain a certain popularity with the fans and are used to get people over. Think about it- whats the point if a superstar jobs out to someone getting a push if the fans couldn't care less about them. It doesn't help anyone: The jobber or the rising star. Thats why guys like Dreamer and Venis will always stick around. They serve their purpose, don't mind helping to establish new stars, and they have a cult like fan base of fans themselves that will stick with them no matter what.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: