Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825602 times)
Evolution
« Reply #12200 on: July 19, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »

From reading Bischoff's book myself, and from hearing people's opinions in shoot interviews, I have to say that he does come across as a really likeable guy. Like him or not, it was his influence that kickstarted the late 1990's wrestling boom period.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12201 on: July 19, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »

Bisch isnt an interesting guy growing up, but his wrestling parts are awesome. I cant believe u havent read all the great accounts from his point of view of how he grew WCW.

Its very interesting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #12202 on: July 19, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »

He probably has the most non-wrestling introduction to a wrestling-related autobiography I've ever read...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12203 on: July 19, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »

just skip all his autobiography nonsense and flip to the wrestling shit
hihi

I was tempted that's why I gave up on it, I was bored with the early going.

Difference I found with HBK's book is I found it all facinating, start to finish...

alright your a big HBK fan we get it!  hihi just kidding mate

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12204 on: July 19, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »

just skip all his autobiography nonsense and flip to the wrestling shit
hihi

I was tempted that's why I gave up on it, I was bored with the early going.

Difference I found with HBK's book is I found it all facinating, start to finish...

alright your a big HBK fan we get it!  hihi just kidding mate
Did the multiple appearances in the greatest rumble moments give it away? Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12205 on: July 20, 2008, 05:50:23 AM »

Chris Jericho's book is also amazing

Bret Hart must have like a really shitty publisher cause i cant find his book anywhere and its EXPENSIVE as fuck on Amazon.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12206 on: July 20, 2008, 03:03:50 PM »

Anyone see Victory Road? Thoughts?

An Abyss v Kong fued would be awesome, that really would 'cross the line'; and get people really noticing what TNA are up to.

WWE actually makes me slightly embarrased to me a man Tongue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12207 on: July 20, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »

Anyone see Victory Road? Thoughts?

thought it was one of th eworst PPV's i have ever seen. The Joe vs Booker T match was tripe. Now i'm not a big TNA fan anyway and i'm not exactly up to date with storylines but the end of the PPV was just aweful. Cheap finish and i'd have been pissed if i had paid for that main event

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12208 on: July 20, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »

Just watched Smackdown. Wrestling wise it was terrible but for pure comedy it was one of the best. Triple H, Edge and his facial reactions and the cool refreshing new announce duo of Mick Foley and J.R. kept the show alive. Some of my favourite parts:

Mick Foley: "Festus is going off the rails on the gravy train!"  hihi

Wedding Planner girl: (Massaging Edges back) "There, I think it's getting softer"
Edge: "No, it's definitely getting worse. It's getting alot stiffer." (In response)

Triple H: (Referring to Vickie's granny panties) "Uh, what the hell, I can always use them to park my car."

"Here's my other present (opens box to reveal sledgehammer) It's one size fits all, and theres enough to go around for everyone!"

Great stuff!

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12209 on: July 20, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

Come on, you missed the best quote:

Foley: "Kendrick used to wrestle with Paul London, they competed under the very original team name of Kendrick and London." Cheesy

I really enjoyed how Kendrick was built up by Foley like he's already been a jerk backstage and how he's finally being his real self, although taking him from jobberdom to referring to him as an Attitude Era HBK might be a slight stretch.... Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12210 on: July 21, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »

WOW JBL vs Cena was awesome! I had very low expectations for this, but damn they did a great job. Some sick lookin shit they did.

HBK vs Jericho was great for the feud although with wrestling, its annoying seeing a ref wanting to stop a fight for blood!

Really no weak points except for maybe the huge FACE POP Batista got when he tried to turn heel.

I know whats in Kane's bag.

His mask!

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12211 on: July 21, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »

I know whats in Kane's bag.

His mask!
Thats old news dude.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12212 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:11 AM »

The absurdity of Cena vs JBL made it one hell of an entertaining watch, it gets 10 on the stupid scale and about an 8 for entertainment value.

JBL setting the car on fire with Cena in it, forklifts into cars, comedy routine moments with Cena repeatedly bashing JBL's head onto the steering wheel, more head through window shots than I could remember.

HBK vs Jericho was a very good match to and did a great job of getting Jericho over as a vicious heel out for vengence, I didn't mind the finish because it was done well and put Jericho over big style.

The Main Event wasn't anything special until the comedy run in at the end.  Hopefully when they have a rematch the match will go longer and have a more epic vibe, this was more of a moving along the Edge/Vickie storyline focused match rather than Triple H vs Edge, the BIG showdown, hell they've only being interacting for a few weeks...

.....Tag & US Title matches were aight.  I guess.  Now I'm a fan of Shelton but his pushes are as regular and doomed as Billy Gunn's were and Matt Hardy is a star.  Now if they want to take it off him so he can go after the ECW Title, fine, but it hardly leaves him looking strong have done 2 straight, clean jobs.  They'd of been better having him bump into Mark Henry backstage, have them argue, bit of banter and such, and then have Henry provided the distraction and cost him the strap.

Seems that despite reports it keeps getting postponed that the ECW/RAW merger may be coming sooner rather than later.  I mean it can't be any coincedence that the Smackdown straps which were on ECW have now switched back to their rightful brand, could be wrong but it seems that way.

Brazilian Heel Hook?  Do me a lemon...

Overall, solid show, with some interesting shocks like, Still liking things at the moment 'cos they still have that "fresh" feeling to me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12213 on: July 21, 2008, 12:17:02 PM »

Yeah the Hardy thing........ but CM PUnk is the World Champion and that dude was getting bitched out to everybody

Short memories in the WWE.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12214 on: July 21, 2008, 07:21:33 PM »

Great American Bash was an....odd affair

They totally blew the Jericho v Michaels match, i cant remember the last time a match was 'abandoned' - should have been shocking, in the end it kind of felt like the just wanted the match to end....somehow

I feel so dumb only working out now that Kane's mask is in the bag, suddenly just seemed so obvious when he ran in.....

Overall entertaining enough but I did wonder about the JBL/Cena match. I've said before WWE has become middle class and kid friendly - but that match just seemed mean spirited and a step too far

Fair enough give us crazy stunts like falling thru hell in the cell but attempted murder just makes me a tad uncomfortable

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12215 on: July 21, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »

Fair enough give us crazy stunts like falling thru hell in the cell but attempted murder just makes me a tad uncomfortable
Aye when the car went up in flames I was envisioning the RAW promo by JBL, "I killed Cena, he's gone forever..." (I'm gettin' an Attitude flashback, didn't The Rock once cut a similar promo about Austin, heck didn't he have a funeral?)

I guess it's all about how we perceive things, wrestling is kid orientated and the stars are larger than life and as such can take unrealistic punishment, I mean Sledgehammer shots to the head last time I checked were attempted murder as well.

I mean didn't Austin once hoist Triple H (who was in a car), up way, way high in the air and drop it as a PPV went off air only for Triple H to walk out the next night without a scratch on him, maybe we just need to suspend our disbelief more...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12216 on: July 21, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »

Aye when the car went up in flames I was envisioning the RAW promo by JBL, "I killed Cena, he's gone forever..."

if you listen during the JBL/Cena match you can hear JBL shout "Die Cena Die!"  nervous

oh last weeks JBL, Rhodes & DiBiase vs CTC is happening again tonight

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12217 on: July 21, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »

Mark Henry ... ECW Champ
Shelton Benjamin US Champ,
Crime Time battling for Tag Gold.

Mark Henry ... ECW Champ

I dont think the WWE has had that much gold around African Americans in the WWE since Mr T BA Barrocks showed up at WM.
Don't forget Kofi Kingston (He's only pretending to be Jamaican Wink

I dont think the WWE has had that much gold around African Americans in the WWE since Mr T BA Barrocks showed up at WM.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:11:51 PM by Mr Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12218 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »

Mark Henry ... ECW Champ

Don't forget Kofi Kingston (He's only pretending to be Jamaican Wink
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12219 on: July 21, 2008, 10:48:01 PM »

D-Lo is back baby! It's like hes never left

Santino/Beth could/will be awesome!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »