Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825828 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12180 on: July 18, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »

The Rock/Mankind match is probably one of my favourite matches ever. I think The Rock was only supposed to hit Foley 3 or 4 times but ended up doing it 10 times. But it made for an awesome-looking ending.

There's a couple of those moments/matches I haven't seen (including #1 Embarrassed) but there's some good choices in there. Though I can't believe you missed out Ernest "The Cat" Miller's legendary appearance during the 2004 Rumble. Tongue

And in terms of funny moments, nothing beats Vince McMahon getting in the ring at the end of the '05 Rumble, injuring himself and just sitting there with a "WTF am I supposed to do now?" look on his face. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12181 on: July 18, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »

There's a couple of those moments/matches I haven't seen (including #1 Embarrassed) but there's some good choices in there.
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WTC014&recno=3

No excuses now Tongue Plus you get the Craptacular Rumble of 1993 to  yes

Though I can't believe you missed out Ernest "The Cat" Miller's legendary appearance during the 2004 Rumble.
If I'd done my 100 Moments it would of probably made it, but I was tired doin' 20  hihi

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12182 on: July 18, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »

I know we must not speak of him today, but I thought it was cool when Benoit won the Rumble in 2004. I was sure he would after being there since #1 but the fact that he was in there with Big Show who had eliminated Angle, Jericho etc. made it seem that more impossible. Quite a moment when Show finally went over the top rope.

I've heard people talking about how dramatic the 2007 Rumble was and how you didn't know who was going to win, with all the teases of eliminations between Michaels and 'Taker. Well, of all the matches in all the WWE, that was the one that I accidentally heard who won before I watched it. rant

Also, everyone in the ring stopping fighting when Muhammad Hassan entered in 2005 and then teaming up to eliminate him was pretty funny. hihi

Evolution
« Reply #12183 on: July 18, 2008, 03:39:19 PM »

Great post Hammy! The Royal Rumble always has a place in my heart as the 1999 event was my first ever PPV.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12184 on: July 18, 2008, 04:08:03 PM »

WE can still speak of Benoit the wrestler.

He didnt do that back in 04.

No matter what he still is one of the greatest wrestlers ever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12185 on: July 18, 2008, 04:19:10 PM »

It's odd, I haven't watched a Benoit match since...well, last year. Though speaking of Benoit and memorable moments, I saw that bit from No Mercy '03 (I think...) a couple of months ago when A-Train has Benoit held over his head, steps on a chair that was in the ring and pretty much drops Benoit on his head.

Back to Hammy's post, good to see someone else who likes the HHHBK Last Man Standing Match. I've always liked that match. Doesn't Michaels attempt a springboard cross body type thing but ends up flying through a table in that match? Or am I mixing up various moments in my head?

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12186 on: July 18, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »

I can never do that. What he did at the end of his life trumps everything he ever did. No man who kills his wife and child should have their life celebrated or remembered. He didn't do it back than so lets celebrate the fact the man who murdered his wife and child led a good life untill he went crazy. Fuck that. He was a monster that killed a little boy and the mother of that little boy.

On another not, The Rumble has always been my favorite. It is a fun ppv and one I look forward to year after year. The first Rumble i trully remember was the 92 rumble. I don't know if I could ever pick a favorite rumble. But Hammy did a great job with that list of good moments.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Evolution
« Reply #12187 on: July 18, 2008, 06:00:42 PM »

Back to Hammy's post, good to see someone else who likes the HHHBK Last Man Standing Match. I've always liked that match. Doesn't Michaels attempt a springboard cross body type thing but ends up flying through a table in that match? Or am I mixing up various moments in my head?

I remember really enjoying the tremendous match that Shawn Michaels and Triple H had on the last Raw of 2003 as well. I actually thought that Michaels had won his 5th World Championship at the time.

Weighing in on the Benoit situation, I'm with high_times on this one. Having watched him week in and week out for seven years, you can't help but have felt an attachment to the man. As such, I cannot watch a Chris Benoit match without decending into thoughts of how it ended. I don't relive his 2004 World Champion run with the same fondness I had at the time.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12188 on: July 18, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »

No doubt about his ability but it's so fucked up I still can't get my head round it, sounds weird but when stuff like that happens you realise how much you love wrestling and what it means to you, that left me feeling just, weird.  But it's one of the reaons I don't mention him or list him in anything I post and I also won't ever watch one of his matches again.

People say, seperate the wrestler and the man, they were 2 different people, but you as a fan, felt, they put some of themselves into it, some heart, some love.

Why is Tommy Dreamer so over with the ECW faithful?  Because his love for all it meant and everyone who supported it isn't just a gimmick, least it isn't to the fans and if he isn't really like that, give the guy an Oscar.  They always say the best gimmicks are guys being themselves with the volume turned up.  Orton isn't a cocky asshole?  Ask the Diva who's bag he relieved himself in, or how about the hotel rooms he has trashed.  Triple H doesn't really think he's that Damn Good, er, yeah sure.  HBK used to say he wouldn't lay down for anyone, well when he was saying that, can you remember how many of his title belts he lost in actual matches. 

I remember really enjoying the tremendous match that Shawn Michaels and Triple H had on the last Raw of 2003 as well. I actually thought that Michaels had won his 5th World Championship at the time.
Oh yeah, that was superb, one of my favourite RAW bouts of all time, they were nice enough to slot that on the latest HBK DVD.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12189 on: July 18, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »

Doesn't Michaels attempt a springboard cross body type thing but ends up flying through a table in that match? Or am I mixing up various moments in my head?
He did that at Mania 21 against Kurt Angle?  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12190 on: July 19, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »

Smackdown was hilarious

Everything about it cracks me up, and in a good way

Edge's expressions are pricesless and you have to love Triple H's knowing winks - he's been around long enough to see this angle before....

Again, the show is utterly without direction but Vicky Guerro is fantastic, the crowd's booing just makes me smile - she should teach classes on being a heel, (JBL needs to attend)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12191 on: July 19, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »

I was cracking up at the Edge video HHH was showing, after the 3rd section and it cut back to HHH, he just said 'this is awkward'. The timing and delivery were great.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12192 on: July 19, 2008, 05:56:30 PM »

Eric Bischoff Blog: very Interesting

On July 2, Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment finished production on ?Hulk Hogan?s Celebrity Championship Wrestling? for CMT. This was an idea that my partner Jason Hervey and I have been working on for quite some time. As I have stated before, when we first brought the idea to Hulk, he liked it but was pretty committed to another show (Hogan Knows Best) and it was a question of timing. For me personally, it was also a question of whether or not I really wanted to commit to being involved in another wrestling project. Anyone who knows me well knows that I like new challenges. I must to have a ?been there, done that? gene that makes it difficult for me to get excited about doing things that are in any way ?less than? experiences I have already had.

This project certainly fulfilled that pre-requisite. In my book ?Controversy Creates Cash? I discuss my ?better than, less than, or different than? approach to creative strategy and solutions. This reality show hit on all eight cylinders by being different than any other wrestling show on television, and therefore in my own not-so humble opinion, ?better than?. The wrestling ability of the cast and their performances improved so dramatically over the period of just a couple of weeks, that even the most cynical critics will be surprised. The effort that our production team as well as Jimmy, Brian, Brutus and Hulk, and a hundred others put into this effort really makes me very proud of the product.

It has also whet my appetite.

People continue to ask me if I will ever get back into the wrestling business in a competitive way. I ended ?Controversy Creates Cash? with six words: ?Probably Not, But Never Say Never?.

I?m glad I did.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12193 on: July 19, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »

Ah Eric Bishoff - he ran WCW into the ground and strangely enough his involvement in WWE only helped accelerate the decline

If you took all Bischoff's good ideas and put them in a bag, you'd have an empty bag.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12194 on: July 19, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »

NWO? Cruiserweights?

If u read his book, u will get his side of the story and realize that a lot of it wasn't his fault. Biggest mistake he made was the creative control contracts.

Bischoff was only an On air talent in WWE, he didnt have any say in the creative.

WCW went to shit when Russo was brought in.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12195 on: July 19, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »

Bischoff can make this and that claim about what went on behind the scenes, we'll never know for sure, what I do know, is he is one hell of an on air talent and he could still be used well today.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12196 on: July 19, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »

Have u read his book Hammy

Its actually one of the best ones due to the backstage stuff

Im gonna get it out and read it again.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12197 on: July 19, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »

Have u read his book Hammy

Its actually one of the best ones due to the backstage stuff

Im gonna get it out and read it again.
Haha I have it and I haven't got too far yet, I've had it since it came out like....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12198 on: July 19, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »

U should read it and really get his side of the story

just skip all his autobiography nonsense and flip to the wrestling shit

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12199 on: July 19, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »

just skip all his autobiography nonsense and flip to the wrestling shit
hihi

I was tempted that's why I gave up on it, I was bored with the early going.

Difference I found with HBK's book is I found it all facinating, start to finish...
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: