Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825821 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12160 on: July 16, 2008, 12:27:26 AM »

HOLY SHIT I just saw the match of the year tonight

Hardyz vs Miz and Morrison did not disappoint.

this match I guarantee will be better than anything on the PPV Sunday

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are re airing this match at WWE.com tomorrow at 4Eastern, if u missed it, u OWE it to yourself to go watch this match

Im serious, best match I've seen from WWE in a very long time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12161 on: July 16, 2008, 07:29:26 AM »

the match was okbut who ever booked the result is a retard

ok so The Hardyz beating Miz and Morrison proves that The hardyz are the best tag team around, how ever both wrestlers are trying to maintain pushes in singles matchs,

it just basicaly dismantled what tag team division wwe has at the moment by proving that there is a team in wwe who can  beat them

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12162 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »

Aye but a few weeks ago the opposite result happened so they are about even.

I often forget what our stance is on spoilers, so, here's a link to a match that was announced for this weekend at the Bash at the smackdown tapings. (Definately leaves a lot of options open for the Powerslam Predictions)

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/another-match-added-to-the-great-american-bash-smackdown-spoiler.php
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12163 on: July 16, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »

I thought the match was booked perfectly.  That Matt hardy Bulldog/CLothesline combo was SICK.

it was a PPV match on free tv. Lots of back and forth action, was an old school tag match where the face is beaten and beaten and just cant make the tag.

they really took their time and constructed an awesome match.

lots of momentum changing sides.

The most Ive been on the edge of my seat for a WWE match in a while.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12164 on: July 16, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »

I've never liked the "attempted murder" angles either. Taker murders Paul Bearer, Kane murders JR, JBL murders Cena....

Though I did like Shane McMahon kicking Kane into the flaming dumpster. That was cool. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12165 on: July 16, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

I've never liked the "attempted murder" angles either. Taker murders Paul Bearer, Kane murders JR, JBL murders Cena....

Though I did like Shane McMahon kicking Kane into the flaming dumpster. That was cool. Cheesy

Murder Angles are shit.  There isnt enough Alcohol for me to Drink to be able to BUY that angle and accept it. For the I cant escape the reality that you would go to PRISON, not Jail, but PRISON, for YEARS not days but YEARS if you attempted to kill someone, besides having 10,000 Fans watching and 12 Camera as Evidence.

The only exception I would say is my boy UT, as he is "the undertaker" and they bury people, Its not like he jumps someone backstage and shims them in the chest. Usually he beats them in a Coffin, Cage, or Last Man Standing Match first so it fits in well with his character.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12166 on: July 16, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »

I can buy the car angle ONLY if the match at GAB is called off and they do a Cena coma type angle.

How are they gonna explain this? did Cena fall underneath the car just in time to avoid being slammed?

All in all its still shittier than McMahon's Limo exploding.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12167 on: July 16, 2008, 08:19:23 PM »

I can buy the car angle ONLY if the match at GAB is called off and they do a Cena coma type angle.

How are they gonna explain this? did Cena fall underneath the car just in time to avoid being slammed?

All in all its still shittier than McMahon's Limo exploding.

Yeah I know one thing Cena is no Chuck Norris, so he couldnt come back that fast.

I dont know about that, the Vince angle was dropped quickly with the wrestler from the north, who we dont speak of. So everyone is left wondering who was after him..... unless they tie his recent attack back to that one as being from the same opponent....

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12168 on: July 16, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »

If WWE were smart here is what they'd do

Shane and Steph tried to murder Vince for the money and now they set up the job to try and take him out

Vince stable of wrestlers vs Shane and Steph

start an angle where Shane and Steph try to take over the company somehow.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12169 on: July 17, 2008, 12:10:20 AM »

Shane and Steph tried to murder Vince for the money and now they set up the job to try and take him out

2001 called, they said they want their angle back

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12170 on: July 17, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »

U are right........ I mean WWE would never recycle an angle. Roll Eyes

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12171 on: July 17, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »

At least pick a good angle to recycle.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12172 on: July 17, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »

At least pick a good angle to recycle.  smoking

In theory I think it was a good angle, it was just executed badly.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12173 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »

I didn't think the Invasion angle was that bad when it happened, but then again, I was 10/11 at the time so I probably didn't pick up on the fact that Alliance guys were losing all the time. Though it did provide some brilliant Paul Heyman commentary (previously discussed a few pages back):

"Why doesn't Hebner call for the bell?"
"Because The Rock hasn't tapped."
"Well, that never stopped him before at Survivor Series."

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12174 on: July 17, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »

I don't want to watch the mcmahon family drama on wrestling. Keep Steph off tv forever. She so sucks the big one. No pun intended.

If I have to watch it unfold just keep it between father and son. Shane was always good giving promos and giving it all in his matches. I'm a big fan of Shane-O-Mac. He always had me laughing and fuck some of his matches against kane and that match against angle at king of the ring were awesome. Even against DX he did alright.

I am a fan of Shane Mcmahon. I wish that fucker was on T.V. a lot more. Keep Vince off cuz I'm sick of him and bring Shane on to run raw. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12175 on: July 17, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »

Wasnt around 2001/2002 When WWE tried bringing NWO back to WWE for what would be the NWO's 3/4th Run?
2001 called, they said they want their angle back

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12176 on: July 17, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »

If I have to watch it unfold just keep it between father and son. Shane was always good giving promos and giving it all in his matches. I'm a big fan of Shane-O-Mac. He always had me laughing and fuck some of his matches against kane and that match against angle at king of the ring were awesome. Even against DX he did alright.

I am a fan of Shane Mcmahon. I wish that fucker was on T.V. a lot more. Keep Vince off cuz I'm sick of him and bring Shane on to run raw. smoking

Bring on a Shane-O-Mac DVD! Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12177 on: July 17, 2008, 08:19:46 PM »

Bring on a Shane-O-Mac DVD! Cheesy

Wrestlemania XV - Shane vs X-Pac (European Title)

Summerslam '99 - Shane vs Test "Love Her of Leave Her" Greenich Street Fight

Judgment Day '00 - Shane vs Big Show "Falls Count Anywhere" Match

August 21st '00 RAW - Shane vs Steve Blackman (Hardcore Title)

Summerslam '00 - Shane vs Steve Blackman (Hardcore Title)

Wrestlemania X-7 - Shane vs Vince "Street Fight"

Backlash '01 - Shane vs Big Show "Last Man Standing"

King of the Ring '01 - Shane vs Kurt Angle "Street Fight"

Survivor Series '03 - Shane vs Kane "Ambulance Match"

March 18th '06 SNME - Shane vs Shawn Michaels "Street Fight"

Now THAT is a hell of a DVD.  Maybe we'll get it one day.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12178 on: July 17, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »

I was watching Royal Rumble 1994 the other night and I remember how much I loved this as a kid, and it reminded me how overall, events like Royal Rumble and Survivor Series were my favourite.  I mean as a kid, Wrestlemania VI was cool to watch (after the event via VHS) and as my post a few pages back highlighted, I adore/adored Wrestlemania X, but all the others for me were hit and miss all the way up to about Wrestlemania XV.  I've always been someone who's liked the last man standing, survival of the fittest aspect of wrestling, everyone going at it, and as Christopher Lambert would say, "There can be only one."  True they never lobbed each other's heads off (although JBL nearly did that to Cena on Monday), but the point is, with the Rumble you had 30 men going at it and only one could win (1994 kind of pisses over that point but nevermind).  It was also a great way to get to see a lot of your favourite, lesser wrestlers.  I mean due to there being less wrestling on TV and not having an over saturated product, some of your favourite jobbers rarely appeared and they almost never managed to scrape a PPV appearance, but the Royal Rumble was always the difference maker, I mean what other event would gather Repo Man, Koko B. Ware, The Berzeker, Damien Demento, Skinner, Papa Shango and Max Moon all in the same match (I know, I'm drooling just thinking about it to....seriously).  So anyway, without further ado, here is my personal; Top 20 Royal Rumble Moments/Matches (Undercard stuff included to).

20. John Cena Returns! (Royal Rumble '08) - Yeah Cena sucks and all that.  But as Van Halen would say, Women and Children First, although I'm sure someone said that before Van Halen.  Anyway, the kids at least make up a big part of the fan base, the other big part, the men hate him.  Still everyone thought he was injured for months and months, when he came out the pop was great, it was such a neat surprise especially to pull off in 2008, when the internet spoils so much of wrestling, true the fans didn't take long to turn on him when he started throwing punches, but fuck that, surprises are cool.

19. Snitsky sends London spinning (Royal Rumble '05) - Have you seen it?  You have to love it, it is one the sickest looking eliminations ever, I still remember the internet posts after the match, Is he ok? Was that really meant to happen?

18. Vince Wins! (Royal Rumble '99) - The match itself wasn't the greatest of Rumble matches, having the last few superstars include midcarders like Bossman was nothing spectacular, but it was all about Austin vs. Vince.  By this point a lot of smarks knew Austin would return in the ambulance and raise hell, but you also expected him to win it, Austin had always eventually come out on top of his battles with Vince, heck he was the good guy after all and the winner would face The Rock at Wrestlemania, so to see Vince pull off the win was a shocking moment, love it or hate it.

17. Maven eliminates Undertaker (Royal Rumble '02) - Yes, I know, I know, Maven sucks, Tough Enough was a failure and so on.  But for one evening, he didn't suck, and he was part of one the most entertaining Rumble upsets.  'Taker had been dominating with ease, even surviving the attacks by all 3 Team Extreme members, yet a little distraction later and Maven had dropkicked him out of the match.  The look on his face was picture perfect, he was beyond pissed off, he'd just been eliminated by some newbie who'd won a "Wrestling Reality Show", subsequently he near enough killed Maven dragging him out and through the arena and beating him so bad he couldn't even get back to the match.  For one evening though, Maven got a huge pop, see, miracles are possible.

16. Bushwhacker Luke lasting 4 Seconds (Royal Rumble '91) - I don't know why but I really find this hilarious, watching him walk down to the ring doing the Bushwhacker walk and Earthquake grabbing him  and pulling him straight across the ring and out. He then goes to the back like he had come out doing the Bushwhacker walk, just cracks me up every time and I'm sure it stood out to a lot of people cos I'm convinced I've heard it referenced by commentators in subsequent Rumbles over the years.

15. Hardcore Rumble (Royal Rumble '01) - With the Rumble there is a constant need to reinvent things and do something different, it's the same with all of wrestling, I think it's either the 6 or 7 year rule, but it's that they can recycle storylines because most fans are kids who lose interest as they become older and the new fans never saw the original story/angle.  We had Shawn the #1 winner in '95 then it happened again in '04, Joint winners in '94 and to an extent they sort of did something similar in '00 with the subsequent storyline.  Some Rumble's of recent years have lacked simply because they brought nothing new to the table, Mysterio as the #2 (As good as #1) entry going the distance wasn't different and it was killed by the fact it was stuck in the middle of the card, fans weren't buying it, and the reason behind the push seemed creepily linked to Eddie Guerrero's death and the shit storyline that sent him into.  The point of all of this is, the '01 Rumble was different, and it also represented the times.  It was the midst of the Attitude Era and therefore the Hardcore Title times, getting to see guys like Raven bringing trashcans and Kendo sticks to the ring has highly enjoyable and unless my mind deceives me, Austin eliminated Kane last via a Steel Chair shot to the head.  I'm always one for surprise appearances so seeing Big Show return was "Ok", but I popped loads for Honky Tonk Man, Haku and even Drew Carey.  Seeing Kane nailing Honky with the Guitar....Great Stuff!

14. The Rockers vs. The Orient Express (Royal Rumble '91) - The Rockers had a very unfortunate PPV record; despite being way over with the fans they did the job so much.  Putting over everyone from The Twin Towers, Power & Glory and The Beverly Brothers to Demolition, Orient Express and The Brain Busters.  The only time they won the Gold the decision was changed but that's a whole different story.  The inclusion of this match is simple, not only was it a great way to start a show, but they gave these guys plenty of time to have a fast paced action packed match which highlighted The Rockers at their best giving them nearly 20 minutes, an underrated gem well worth seeking out for those who haven't seen it.

13. Undertaker and HBK square off once more.... (Royal Rumble '07) - Seeing two legends square off always gets fans going and it had been nearly ten years since these two had feuded resulting in some great matches, these guys had chemistry together no doubt (I still want another, proper feud between them) and seeing them go at it was so gripping, not knowing who was going to get the win, the finisher attempts and so on, often the Rumble itself doesn't see much "Wrestling", often the pace can slow and the final two don't last long, but these guys got plenty of time (That's called stroke I do believe).

12. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels "Last Man Standing" Match (Royal Rumble '04) - This match get's a lot of stick for the cop out ending (having a draw), and in many people's eyes the unbelievable comeback by HBK after being brutally hammered early on, but personally I think this is one of their stronger battles, many it was a bit overdone, but this is entertainment nevertheless and I don't think anyone can say this did not entertain.

11. Triple H vs. Cactus Jack "Street Fight" (Royal Rumble '00) - Unbeknownst to fans, Foley's career was coming to an end, and these two great Attitude Era stars, despite swapping the title, had yet to have that really "Classic" match, in many ways they pulled it off with this.  The pops for the Barbwire 2x4 and Thumbtacks were as strong as ever and as with most of these matches we got the usual blade jobs, what separates guys like Foley and Trips from other "Hardcore combatants" is they are great in-ring guys capable of having a classic match with no weapons, the weapons were set-ups for some sweet spots, but the wrestling in between carried it to.

10. Chris Jericho eliminates Shawn Michaels (Royal Rumble '03) - Such a great screwjob by Jericho.  In the run up to this HBK was ready to prove to Jericho he could go from #1 to winner....again, and most thought he would at least make the final few.  Having Christian come out dressed as Jericho was a great swerve!

9. Rick Martel going 52 minutes (Royal Rumble '91) - Martel is one of my favourite workers of all time and is a prime example, like IRS who took what on paper was a screwy gimmick and made it work for him.  After so many Rumble we have now had countless guys get "the rub" by going a long distance before being eliminated but Martel's performance has always been the stand out one to me (Well the stand out one when the guy who lasted forever didn't win).  Like many heels who went a long time he was sneaky yet not to the point of looking like a total coward, he battled on and this performance did wonders for him, it solidified him as a solid midcard heel, I mean they don't give this kind of push to jobbers, unfortunately you never saw Koko B. Ware going 50+ minutes now did you?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12179 on: July 17, 2008, 09:53:01 PM »

8. Austin clears house and cheats to win (Royal Rumble '97) - I guess a lot of my entries in this list are based on events and set-ups which were unique for the time, and this was another such case.  Watching Austin clear house and check his watch was hilarious, he played the heel role off tremendously and is the only heel I can remember (Who isn't a big man type like Diesel, Kane, Mabel), clearing the ring of so many people.  You could also tell at this point in his care Austin 'Mania was on the verge of erupting, despite getting a lot of heat he was still tremendously over and his feud with Bret had been great, and we got to see them go toe-to-toe in this match yet again.  What was annoying Hart (Face) was he kept fending off Austin (Heel), yet he kept coming back for more and did his upmost to wind Bret up and outsmart him, using the dirtiest tactics possible, yet the fans were warming to it, and rightly so Bret's reaction was to get more and more pissed, he the good guy was getting screwed and the fans didn't seem to care.  Seeing Austin win after having been eliminated was a classic moment and the perfect set-up for one of the most heated and best Wrestlemania matches ever (You see a pattern here, good Rumble action/build-up leads to damn good 'Mania battle)

7. A "Perfect" 15 minutes (Royal Rumble '02) - Many say it wasn't just a gimmick, and judging his early 90s matches and vignettes, you might actually believe them.  Unfortunately Curt Henning suffered injury problems that kept putting him on the sidelines and ruining his chances in WWE.  Eventually when he was fit again he had a contract dispute and went to Dubya-C-Dubya.  He may have had an entertaining stint with the West Texas Rednecks, but people weren't mentioning his classic matches like they used to, in many ways the old Henning looked to have gone.  Prior to this Royal Rumble, several big returns, including his were announced, although expectations weren't high, even WWE only billed them as "One Night Only".  Guys who have been away for a considerable amount of time have a habit of returning and being a shell of their former selves (HBK being an exception).  Thankfully for everyone watching and in attendance, Perfect put on a great performance in his 15 minutes in the match and impressed all involved and managed to even get a contract out of it, without a doubt I would say this was his last great moment inside the Squared Circle!

6. Owen turns on Bret (Royal Rumble '94) - These days you could have seen this coming a mile off, hell maybe back in the day some of you "Older" fans did to.  But as a 9/10 year old kid, this was fairly shocking.  True they'd had a bit of a falling out at the Survivor Series but as a kid you don't watch it with smark mode on and think, well they don't have wrestlers fall out unless they are planning on having them feud.  As a kid, as I've said many times prior, me and my friends were well aware it was "fake" but you also knew where people belonged on the card.  Going into this match you had the ultimate team of the Hart Bros. vs. The Quebecers, everyone thought they were winning those belts and then Bret or Luger was getting the Rumble.  To see Owen turn on his brother was a truly shocking moment and I think it still stands out to this day.  I may be wrong here, but as far as I remembered, all prior heel turns in "WWF" was between friends, to see actual brothers go at it, and such hatred be generated between them, and the resultant matches (The best 'Mania opener + one of the best Cage matches ever at Summerslam make this a historic moment).

5. Shawn goes from #1 to winner (Royal Rumble '95) - Not so much the match itself, but HBK's performance was great here, the hanging on, dangling and just about hooking himself back in.  It was clearly something suited to a great high flyer, flexible, talented guy like Michaels who patented "Skinning the cat" in this match.  The unfortunate thing about the match itself was the calibre of guys in it, but being such a big HBK fan I loved this as a kid and still enjoy it now, even if the match is shorter than normal (38 minutes), the dramatic finish had me fooled as a kid, and for its time it was a highly unique and dramatic ending, mucho love for this performance, kudos to the late Bulldog who had a habit of putting in great Rumble performances.

4. The Rock vs. Mankind "I Quit" Match (Royal Rumble '99) - Everybody knows what an insane battle this was, probably the best of their classic feud and also historic in the sense it was the catalyst for Foley retiring little over a year later.  On the film Beyond the Mat, you see how he reacts to his kids seeing him in this match, they were horrified, they knew "Daddy and Rock" were friends, and had been told it wasn't real, but this match was pulled off so "Well" it still scared the hell out of them, because many times it looked so real, and maybe it was a lil' too real in certain instances.  I don't know whether it was in his book or on Beyond the Mat, but I remember Foley was pissed at Rock for the steel chair shots and he'd actually gone too far with them, nonetheless, too many classic moments in this match, from Rock commentating, to the electrocution spot and handcuffed Foley taking chair shot after chair shot, for this match not to make the list.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty Intercontinental Title Match (Royal Rumble '93) - This feud had its fair share of classic RAW matches and it's a damn shame they never headlined a Wrestlemania, but they do have the dubious highlight of being the best thing by a mile at this event.  Some guys just gel when they wrestle and you know the match will be superb and these two are prime examples of this, all I can say is, watch this match, it's fantastic.

2. Flair winning, Heenan ?Not fair to Flair? (Royal Rumble '92) - It was this double act that made this Royal Rumble match the one that most herald as the greatest one of all time and is also the point many highlight as Flair's last truly great performance, but he didn't pull this off alone.  Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was on a role that night; it's some of the best commentary ever and shows why we still need heel commentators.  His reaction every time Flair came close to being eliminated was classic, as was his reaction when Flair came out 3rd.

1. 1994 Rumble Match - My favourite Royal Rumble match.  Maybe it was because it was the first one I ever remember seeing, I don't think it was, I think it was the perfect layout that ticked all the boxes as a kid and still does as a smark.  You'll remember in my introductory paragraph I listed a near who's who of wrestlecrap, well they were all in the '93 event; there weren't too many credible potential winners involved.  1994 was different.  Before the event it was all Lex Express or Hitman Hart, kids were split (although later you'd notice they weren't quite as split as the company wanted).  Now with any Rumble match, for me it's about the layers to the match.  So many little feuds are told along the way and seeds are sown for future battles, with the right planning, at least 20 of the 30 guys can come out of the match with an angle/story/career boost.  Bam Bam Bigelow and Doink The Clown had been feuding, they had Bam Bam eliminate him to carry that on, and that?s one feud continued, same happened with Savage and Crush who also went at it backstage.  Also at this event, a star was born; Diesel for the first time ever had a chance to shine.  When he entered the match he went on the rampage eliminating everyone in the ring and subsequently being cheered like crazy by the fans despite being a heel, a star was born and the bigwigs in the 'F could see this guy was over and they could execute their long term plans to push him later in the year.  If people remember, he split from HBK in November, well it was in January of the year at this event when things first started going awry as HBK helped eliminate him.  10 smurfin' months of building up and hinting at a split before finally doing it, I'd like to see that now Smiley  Moving back to the match, you had some great little moments, Kwang spitting green mist into Rick Steiner's face to blind him for the duration of his time in the match (Tajiri eat your heart out), Shawn and Jannetty going toe-to-toe, having a big man like Diesel clean house (I always love the big man coming down and sending lil' jobbers flying').  What made this match extra special (Apart from my favourite wrestler Shawn a midcarder of the time coming 3rd...Yeah I marked for that) was the finish.  Bret and Luger both going over at the same time, nobody expected it because it had never been done before and everybody was confused by it.  WWE had done it though for a very good reason.  They weren't sure who was more over, so they used this as a test.  After the match you had the now over used scenario of two referees arguing over what happened.  First one told The Fink that Luger had won and he was announced as the winner and the fans cheered, then the other referee told him the opposite so Bret was then announced as the winner, the fans cheered....way louder.  As they continued to do this the fans cheered more for Bret and less for Luger, until eventually Jack Tunney (Legend!) had them announced as joint winners.  But everyone knows, going off the fan reaction, there was only one winner, and his name was Bret "The Hitman" Hart.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: