Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826040 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12140 on: July 14, 2008, 11:10:35 PM »

yeah its for the tag titles. would be cool to see them win and hold the belts one more time. and damn this whole cena and jbl thing was done horrible at the end.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12141 on: July 14, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK kind of dumbass ending was that?

So I Cena gonna be alive to fight at GAB?

JBL gonna get put in jail?

STUPID fuckin ending

also, why the hell was that match a DQ? what a partner cant save his partner?

DUMB ending to a great Raw.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12142 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »

Just saw the Hardy Boyz vs the In Crowd tomorrow on ECW! Ill have to watch that for sure. Was it for the titles?

Would love to see the Hardyz win the titles.
I'm sure you would  Tongue

The Hardy Bros. have never been one to let each other down. And they're not about to start now.

This Tuesday night on ECW on Sci-Fi, Jeff Hardy tags over from SmackDown to team up with his brother Matt to take on the cocky WWE Tag Team Champions, The Miz & John Morrison.

In a non-title match, the Dirt Sheet duo will put their reputations to the test when they tackle the high-flyers for one night only.

To catch all the action, tune into Sci-Fi Network on Tuesday at 10/9 CT

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/articles/7566098/7635590
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12143 on: July 15, 2008, 05:29:50 AM »

Haha Poor Santino!

2 months ago he and Carlito looked set for tag gold. and now he's losing to Beth. haha

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12144 on: July 15, 2008, 05:40:39 AM »

I found raw boring compared to the last few weeks. I don't see whatever some of you see in Kane. I'm not diggin it. I didn't dig it before and I'm not diggin it now. I liked him years ago, but now I just find his rage shit boring. I didn't like them opening raw with a divas match. They have a very short brawl with hbk and jericho than lead in to a diva's match? I like seeing hot chicks but their "wrestling" bores me. I liked the idea of ctc vs jbl & cody & ted but the dq finish was retarded and the crash shit has been done too many times over the years.

I am not looking forward to the parking lot brawl match...they should of just had some type of hardcode/last man standing/ no dq type match. I only really enjoy matches that take place in or around the ring. At least in the arena where you can hear the crowd going nuts and get in ring action plus all the outside shit.

I hate what their doing with Santino. He gets good heat and he's decent in the ring. He should be a mid card heel. Him and rey, I think, could have had a good fued to help establish Santino as a decent heel.

Punk should have beat kane clean, than have kane go nuts. But at least give punk one good solid win over a legitimate star. Because I now see kane interfering some how at gab. And yet again punk gets a win with a distraction or someone elses help. It would be nice for him to get at least one solid win against a legitimate guy before he drops the belt. smoking
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:42:22 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12145 on: July 15, 2008, 06:42:16 AM »

Source: ProWrestling.net

In the dark match after RAW this week, Batista squashed CM Punk with a spinebuster for the 3-count in approximately one minute.

A correspondent at the event noted that Kane seemed to receive more crowd reaction than Punk did before their match during the live show, and fans were behind Batista during the dark match main event. Of course this was only a dark match, and it might not be worth reading into it too much regarding the future of Punk?s main event push
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12146 on: July 15, 2008, 07:09:45 AM »

CM is a transitional champion

I dig him a lot but he just isnt championship material. He isnt a guy that can Carry a show and be THE MAN. He just doesnt stack up to the stars.

CM isnt even on the level Christian was when he left.

CM only won MITB cause Jeff Hardy and his title run was a nice surprise but he isnt even a top 3 face on Raw.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12147 on: July 15, 2008, 07:13:42 AM »

CM isnt even on the level Christian was when he left.
I really think if he came back now they would utilise Christian in a much better way, considering the time he has been away and how he's developed as a top line player, to return and feud with Edge could be killer.  Even better, if HBK was still on the show, would be an E & C/D-X feud.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12148 on: July 15, 2008, 07:14:53 AM »

Really sucks for Christian right now. TNA is using him worse than WWE.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12149 on: July 15, 2008, 07:16:41 AM »

Really sucks for Christian right now. TNA is using him worse than WWE.
What I did not like about his move to TNA is his humour went and they tried to make him more serious, in WWE he was hilarious.

"Tomko, give me a beat."

"No."

hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12150 on: July 15, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »

Christian is one of those guys like Chris Jericho that is just better as a heel.

TNA hopefully will figure something out.

Does it pain anyone else to see Cody Rhodes talk? Fuck, I feel like he is gonna chew his tongue off everytime he says a word that has an "S" in it.

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12151 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:54 AM »

Raw was pretty good this week.

Anyone else think CM Punk is getting the exact same run with the World Title as Rey Mysterio? Gets a decent reign but either gets fluke wins or gets the hell beat out of him in short non-title matches against big guys. Punk should have won his match against Kane with either pinfall or submission instead of a countout. It would have been highly beneficial to Punk and would have done nothing whatsoever to Kane. Infact it would have helped Kane if anything. It would of been like the final stage in this metamorphosis of his new insane heel character.

I'm starting to agree with Hammy about last weeks Raw were they had the Batista kid run in and the camera fall on cue. This week as soon as Raw went live, we had HBK and Y2J at ringside beating the hell out of each other. It was like we had a technical fault for the first 10 minutes of the show. However it is more than likely to get across the feel or Raw being Live and Unpredictable. Besides, WWE has a habit of replicating the past and living off of previous glories.  Roll Eyes It's still a nice touch regardless.

In my opinion Raw IS Santino & Jamie Noble There was alot of bizzare twists and turns to Raw last night, but no one can ever doubt Santino or Noble to give us an entertaining exchange. It's nice to see Noble get some airtime each week on WWE's "flagship show." I always thought his fued with Palumbo/McCool on Smackdown was underated. It had the potential to be a whole lot better than it actually was. And as for Santino? Getting beat by Beth Phoenix in comical fashion and of course:

Kane: "Where is Punk?"

Santino: "Ah...um...did you try the pepsi machine?"

hihi Top stuff.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12152 on: July 15, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »

CM Punk a think is a great champion but would be even better as a heel, say they plant someone in the front row who throws a beer over him as he enters, punk snaps and kicks the crap outa him Punk then appologieses on the mike but its his choice not to drink and fans should respect it,next week then have austin make one of his appearances and offer punk a beer, The fans will back austin as always as punk turns it down punk gets stunnerd austin pours beer over him and leaves,punk gets up and cuts a promo how it pisses him off that the fans have turnd on him because of austin, and because hes drug free, alcohol free...and he is better then them

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12153 on: July 15, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »

CM Punk a think is a great champion but would be even better as a heel, say they plant someone in the front row who throws a beer over him as he enters, punk snaps and kicks the crap outa him Punk then appologieses on the mike but its his choice not to drink and fans should respect it,next week then have austin make one of his appearances and offer punk a beer, The fans will back austin as always as punk turns it down punk gets stunnerd austin pours beer over him and leaves,punk gets up and cuts a promo how it pisses him off that the fans have turnd on him because of austin, and because hes drug free, alcohol free...and he is better then them

I don't think using a person's admirable personality traits against them is good tv.....sounds a bit pathetic really

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12154 on: July 15, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

I don't think using a person's admirable personality traits against them is good tv.....sounds a bit pathetic really

hmm I'm guessing why that didn't work with Punk in the Indies & Ring of Honor...oh wait it did!

Heel Punk was brilliant and got him a ton of heat, he was the best heel in the Indies by far.

How is using their lifestyles and traits not good tv? WWE have been doing it for years e.g. McMahons vs HBK & GOD

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12155 on: July 15, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »

Please no more Stone Cold or any wrestler coming in part time and killing someones push

WWE leave way too many opportunities on the table.

shouldve had a mystery guy run over Cena

and it turns out to be CM Punk.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12156 on: July 15, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »

Please no more Stone Cold or any wrestler coming in part time and killing someones push

WWE leave way too many opportunities on the table.

shouldve had a mystery guy run over Cena

and it turns out to be CM Punk.

Austin would in no way kill Punks push, Austin has built a carear on drinking and the fans all ackowledge it, using Austin would give a focus point for someone who the fans would like and instantly respond to him insisting Punk drink, so when he refuses the fans would be pissed at Punk, so when he turns on them insisting that he is better then them it pushes him even more as WWE's top heel

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12157 on: July 15, 2008, 09:02:39 PM »

Minus the end RAW was really good.  I can suspend my belief for backstage assaults, weapon shots to the max, kidnapping and all sorts of things, but I have always hated attempted murder, I mean it just seems like creative's crappy way of increasing heat for a feud.

I like your idea sweet, real life stuff tied in, especially in making someone a heel can work real well.  Fans are giving Punk stick already, so a heel turn via good honest reasons may work.  Heck they did the same with Bret.  He was the good guy but the American fans got sick of that and cheered the guy with the bad guy traits (Austin), so he told them to stick it, Jericho's done the same recently with Michaels to, angles like this are good, because it's not 1991 anymore (unfortunately), the straight good vs bad thing doesn't happen all the time now, it works, but variety in angles is a great thing.

If I stop being a critical smark and look at the entertainment value, RAW was tops.  Jamie Noble and Santino Marella are never going to be given the kind of pushes their talents warrant, but they are still getting air time and are hilarious in the process.

It was good to see Cryme Tyme and Rhodes/Dibiase in the Main Event of the show, nice bit of a push for these guys.

The start of the show was probably my favourite part.  Michaels and Jericho scrapping building up their great feud, Kane randomly appearing and then straight into a nice lil Divas match, kudos to TNA, their continued push of their Knockouts has WWE regularly putting on decent matches with the Divas who can really go in the ring, and yes Kelly Kelly, I was happy your match got canned.  The IC Title match was another fun little match and highlighted how we have new stars in the company, I am a big fan of Burchill and I am expecting him to get the belt at the end of this feud.

Overall, I think what makes RAW good at the moment is, well, it's fresh on the whole and this whole it's live, random shit happens thing is great!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12158 on: July 15, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »

why do i have a feeling If Cade gets involved in Jerichos match with michaels London may finaly get that push fromjobber and get involved to help michaels

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12159 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »

why do i have a feeling If Cade gets involved in Jerichos match with michaels London may finaly get that push fromjobber and get involved to help michaels
I hope your right, the guy deserves a push, but I would be shocked nonetheless if it happened, I don't think they would want to overshadow the HBK/Jericho feud.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: