Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826024 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12100 on: July 11, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »

Awesome review Hammy, Brings back some memories for sure of when I saw it.

I am fully back aboard the TNA train.

They are really doing some terrific stuff now. They do have a SHIT LOAD of women's matches though...... I like one a card but they really do a lot.

The World Cup X thing they do is awesome. Just great wrestling with none of the soap opera.

Kurt Angle is the greatest going today. his wrestling is still the greatest and his promos and backstage shit is just so fucking hilarious.

They are really doing an excellent job bringing a long Matt Morgan. The vignettes and behind the scenes video stuff they are doing is very interesting and makes me want to see the guy.

When Kurt gets fully healthy, his and AJ Styles matches will be the feud of the year as TNA are excellent at doing feuds.

WWE every feud feels so stale. Whereas on TNA I look forward to the matches.

Beer Run jobbed yet again last week to Nash/Samoa Joe

I havent watched Impact yet this week, i have it taped from last night, but thats two straight weeks of jobbing and they have a tag title match Sunday on PPV..........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12101 on: July 11, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »

Agreed - TNA is superb

Kurt Angle is just hilarious, his 'dates' - classic

What Kurt does so well is the expressions, its so over the top - and yet always seems just right

I love his incredibly arrogant, and rather dim witted, character - you cant help but love him

Triple H and Kurt Angle are the unquestioned kings of the heel hero

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12102 on: July 11, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »

I am fully back aboard the TNA train.

They are really doing some terrific stuff now. They do have a SHIT LOAD of women's matches though...... I like one a card but they really do a lot.

The World Cup X thing they do is awesome. Just great wrestling with none of the soap opera.

Kurt Angle is the greatest going today. his wrestling is still the greatest and his promos and backstage shit is just so fucking hilarious.

They are really doing an excellent job bringing a long Matt Morgan. The vignettes and behind the scenes video stuff they are doing is very interesting and makes me want to see the guy.

When Kurt gets fully healthy, his and AJ Styles matches will be the feud of the year as TNA are excellent at doing feuds.

WWE every feud feels so stale. Whereas on TNA I look forward to the matches.

Beer Run jobbed yet again last week to Nash/Samoa Joe

I havent watched Impact yet this week, i have it taped from last night, but thats two straight weeks of jobbing and they have a tag title match Sunday on PPV..........
I watched Impact! last week for the first time in ages, some stuff I really liked, some stuff, not too keen on.

In all honesty I thought the Kurt Angle/Team 3D segment was crap.  Angle is great but what they give him to work with....

The World X Cup matches were very good tv matches, obviously they would of been better longer but that stuff is reserved for PPV, so people have a reason to...well....pay, so fair play to them for that.

The Women's Match with, Moose and Roxxi was superb, stuff like that does a great job of showcasing women's wrestling and also shows why WWE obviously made an effort to step up their division, it exemplifies how competition is a great thing.  Also shows why these are the highest rated segments....

.....still hate Tenay and West do they ever stop talking, they explain every little thing.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12103 on: July 11, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »

There's loads of 'classic' WWE PPVs I've not seen yet. The first PPV I ever saw was King Of The Ring 2001. Basically, I started watching wrestling just after what people consider the 'best' era of WWE.

I like Royal Rumble 2000. There's HHH/Foley in a Street Fight, Foley getting Pedigreed on thumbtacks. The Dudleys/Hardys Table Match is fairly awesome, and the Tag Title Match is quite good for a match that doesn't even reach 3 minutes. The only downer is the Miss Rumble swimsuit competition, featuring Mae Young. Urgh. (I have a feeling there aren't any gifs of that one floating around anywhere....)

I've always liked Survivor Series 2002, which was also held in Madison Square Garden. The first ever Elimination Chamber, 6 Man Tag Table Match, Brock Lesnar's first ever pinfall loss... There's only six matches on the card, but none of them were 'bad' so you can't complain.

I know, nothing particularly "old-school" there...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12104 on: July 11, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »

I've always liked Survivor Series 2002, which was also held in Madison Square Garden. The first ever Elimination Chamber, 6 Man Tag Table Match, Brock Lesnar's first ever pinfall loss... There's only six matches on the card, but none of them were 'bad' so you can't complain.
Great choice dude!

I generally only collect Tagged Classics and DVD Specials; Wrestling Bios etc.

So my PPV collection ranges from the late 80s to 2000.  The only one past that period that I have bothered to buy is Survivor Series 2002.

It is definately one of my top events of the post Attitude Era.  Seeing HBK climb to the top once more was superb especially since he's my fave wrestler (obviously).  The Smackdown Tag Division was amazing at that point and the match once again didn't dissapoint.  Tables matches are always fun to.  Also, despite his run failing, seeing Scott Steiner debut was really cool, at that point you didn't know he was going to suck.

Also the event is historical to this thread, it's the thread starter!

So yeah, awesome headbanger

Well here it is.....

Very popular on the last board and it will be resurrected here.

The Survivor Series.

What a Pay Per View....

Brock F-5 the bigshow.

HBK realised a dream once again....

And most importantly,

"You wanna get hooked up, Let Me Hear U Holla"

Big Poppa Pump is back and he looks awesome and he said the F - word on Live Television, naughty Steiner.

All in all a great event...Worth staying up till 4 in the morning for.

Axlhogg

smoking
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:00:26 PM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12105 on: July 11, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »

Oh yeah, Steiner: "Gimme the fuckin' mic!"

When his music - the police car siren - starts and the Steiner voiceover says "holla if ya hear me", Jerry Lawler goes "Oh no, it's not the cops". One of those random stupid things I've found funny. That was back when Lawler was a heel...

Speaking of which, are there any heel announcers left? I mean, JR, Cole, Adamle (I guess...if he knows whats happening Tongue), Foley and - since Coach was on colour commentary - Lawler all seem to root for the good guy. I don't know about Tazz, I don't really watch ECW, but he never seems particularly one way or the other on PPVs. Point in short: get a heel announcer. Have Lawler start cheering on the bad guys again (though I don't see that happening after he got pummeled by Kane). I was watching the HHH/Booker T match from WM19 the other day and King keeps going on about Booker being in prison. "We went to the mall and he tried to pay for everything in cigarettes." hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12106 on: July 11, 2008, 03:15:15 PM »

Speaking of which, are there any heel announcers left? I mean, JR, Cole, Adamle (I guess...if he knows whats happening Tongue), Foley and - since Coach was on colour commentary - Lawler all seem to root for the good guy. I don't know about Tazz, I don't really watch ECW, but he never seems particularly one way or the other on PPVs. Point in short: get a heel announcer. Have Lawler start cheering on the bad guys again (though I don't see that happening after he got pummeled by Kane). I was watching the HHH/Booker T match from WM19 the other day and King keeps going on about Booker being in prison. "We went to the mall and he tried to pay for everything in cigarettes." hihi
I'm a massive fan of the heel announcers but just like male managers, they are considered an outdated thing that doesn't fit in the modern era.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12107 on: July 11, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »

Paul Heyman commentating with JR at Survivor Series 2001 hihi That was when Heyman was part of The Alliance and obviously he and JR argue all night about who'll win the main event. A lot of people didn't like Heyman's commentary but I always thought he and JR were great together. They were the announcers when I started watching WWE so maybe I've always had a soft spot for them.

"Throw your barn stuff at the TV tomorrow night when you're watching me on Raw." hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12108 on: July 11, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

When JBL announced on SD, I rarely missed an episode.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12109 on: July 11, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »

Paul Heyman commentating with JR at Survivor Series 2001 hihi That was when Heyman was part of The Alliance and obviously he and JR argue all night about who'll win the main event. A lot of people didn't like Heyman's commentary but I always thought he and JR were great together. They were the announcers when I started watching WWE so maybe I've always had a soft spot for them.

"Throw your barn stuff at the TV tomorrow night when you're watching me on Raw." hihi
Yeah I was reading a Heyman interview recently.  Can't remember where, but he criticised how "comfortable" JR and King had become.  He said the reason he worked so well with JR is JR didn't like him and didn't know what he was going to say next, so you had the genuine tension and also JR had to keeps on his toes, not knowing what was coming...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12110 on: July 11, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »

Looks interesting but is it worth $35.00? Is there a trial demo or something to download for free before I whip out a CC?

Yeah i think so, but there is a Demo for free on the website. There are many mods coming out for it within the next month so the demo would be a good option.

Its time consuming and i try to limit myself to 30 mins a day, i would definatly recommend the trial first. but i warn you its so in depth that its taken me like 6 weeks to get used of it. Any wrestling fan would enjoy it though.

How do you get the game to be sized right, I have adjusted my monitor to every possible seeting and still cant play the game right, little disaapointed as i just spent $35.00 on the 2008 version and cant play it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12111 on: July 11, 2008, 03:49:07 PM »

I was watching the HHH/Booker T match from WM19 the other day and King keeps going on about Booker being in prison. "We went to the mall and he tried to pay for everything in cigarettes." hihi

I don't remember that line, Thats FNing funny. Lawlers best moments have been as a Heel, I remember him Crowning Bret Hart after he won the first KOTR, and also I believe seeing on WWE TV that when King wrestled in his first Rumble the other wrestlers hated his attitude and him so much that someone took a SHIT in his crown when he came to WWF, thats why he wasnt wearing his crown but rather carrying it to the ring when he was in the Royal Rumble.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12112 on: July 12, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

Looks interesting but is it worth $35.00? Is there a trial demo or something to download for free before I whip out a CC?

Yeah i think so, but there is a Demo for free on the website. There are many mods coming out for it within the next month so the demo would be a good option.

Its time consuming and i try to limit myself to 30 mins a day, i would definatly recommend the trial first. but i warn you its so in depth that its taken me like 6 weeks to get used of it. Any wrestling fan would enjoy it though.

How do you get the game to be sized right, I have adjusted my monitor to every possible seeting and still cant play the game right, little disaapointed as i just spent $35.00 on the 2008 version and cant play it.

It doesn't go full screen anymore dude. Coz believe it or not people use programs like word in conjuntion with so it makes it easier to be 3/4 screen. You should be able to play it still though. DO you mean it won't work at all?

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12113 on: July 12, 2008, 11:44:07 AM »

What are WWE doing with the Edge/Vicky angle?

I though they had it all set up for a double cross at GAB in which Edge takes the title with it being shown he's been working with Vicky all along

...now....i'm not sure what they are up to - and in WWE land thats a fairly good sign the writers dont know either Undecided

On Smackdown..is there actually any one but Edge and Triple H who could challenge for the title? Tongue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12114 on: July 12, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »

On Smackdown..is there actually any one but Edge and Triple H who could challenge for the title? Tongue

Jeff Hardy, Big Show, Umaga, Undertaker if he returns to SD and looks like there trying to build up Kozlov to some degree

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12115 on: July 12, 2008, 02:37:40 PM »

...now....i'm not sure what they are up to - and in WWE land thats a fairly good sign the writers dont know either Undecided
You are complaining about it not being predictable, wtf?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12116 on: July 12, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »

You are complaining about it not being predictable, wtf?

as anyone who has watched the new Battlestar Galactica will be able to tell you, there are two sorts of unpredictability

1. The good kind - you dont know whats coming and thats because its well written

2. The bad kind - the Battlestar Galactica kind - you dont know whats coming and its because no one does, things are made up 20 seconds before filming is due to start...

I fear we have a Galactica esque situation here

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12117 on: July 12, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »

Jeff Hardy, Big Show, Umaga, Undertaker if he returns to SD and looks like there trying to build up Kozlov to some degree

Okay Umaga will never win the title, and Jeff Hardy certainly shouldn't

Undertaker isnt here

so that leaves the Freak show

....maybe I should rephrase my question:

is there anyone on Smackdown that would make a 'good' champion other than Edge and Triple H?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12118 on: July 12, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »

Undertaker isnt here

is there anyone on Smackdown that would make a 'good' champion other than Edge and Triple H?

well thats certainly 2 different questions your asking there, Could or Would?

in that case of who could "would" make a good champion:
MVP, Kennedy, Jeff Hardy

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12119 on: July 12, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »

Undertaker isnt here

well thats certainly 2 different questions your asking there, Could or Would?

in that case of who could "would" make a good champion:
MVP, Kennedy, Jeff Hardy
Cliff "Cash" Compton Tongue

Seriously though.  I really enjoyed Smackdown this week and the Kennedy/MVP stuff was cool and both these guys will be good World Champions eventually, I'm sure of that and if Jeff Hardy could stay on the straight and narrow he could to.

Despite your constant slating of him, Umaga is a great big man, he's one of the best in ring big men going.

And Undertaker may not be around but he's on a break and when you have guys like Triple H and Edge, MVP and Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin and Matt Hardy feuding, I don't much mind.

As for your unpredictable criticism, I still say wait and see, last surprise we got was CM Punk cashing in, successfully and still being champion at the end of the show.

Nearly all of us were convinced Cena was getting the belt back and hated it, when Triple H retained in a solid outing rather than being happy for the swerve most started attacking the fact that there were 2 belts on one show, then they surprised us with the cashing in, since the Draft things have been fresh and good for me, so I'll reserve judgment now on the potential on storylines, yet to unfold sucking....
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: