Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:21:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826349 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12080 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:03 AM »

Now if only HBK will Job to Jericho so the feud will continue.

Yeah Good luck with that ok

But i agree that the HBK/Y2J feud has been good so far. Its feuds like this that can allow Punk to have a decent title run. The more established stars can take the pressure off him.

I'm hoping for a CM Punk roll up victory against Batista at GAB and then Batista turns going mad setting up Summerslam. I just wish Punk could beat a few more established stars first to give the fued more creativity. peace

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12081 on: July 09, 2008, 01:38:56 PM »

i dont like that splash Ray Mastrio does either but that shit cracks me up everytime i see him do it  rofl

He is-a not-a the Batman.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12082 on: July 09, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »

i dont like that splash Ray Mastrio does either but that shit cracks me up everytime i see him do it  rofl

He is-a not-a the Batman.

The more I want Santino the more I love Santino's Mic skills are so good its hard to hate him as a heel.  He plays that arrogant character so well I kinda wish WWE would give him a bone every now and then

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12083 on: July 09, 2008, 02:33:42 PM »

Kane was always my fav as a kid as well, even when he went up against Austin or The Rock as heel I wanted him to win. As a monster on a rampage he just seemed this unstoppable force and it was great to watch. I remember just after Judgement Day in 2000(?) when Taker returned during that Iron Man match and in the following weeks HHH, Rock and Taker were feuding for the title. Taker and Rock were taking a beating from the Mcmahon/Helmsley regime at the end of Raw, then out came Kane and he just cleaned house, I loved it. He was awesome in the Rumble the year after as well (he's awesome in most Rumbles actually), entered at no. 3 or 4 and was the last man in with Austin at the end. I was gutted he didn't win, they obviously had bigger plans for Austin vs Rock at WM 17, but at the time I felt personally robbed  hihi Good memories.

With a character like Kane with a mask and (supposed) scarred face, an unmasking storyline is inevitable, unfortunately after that he's become a jobber and that relentless never stays down monster persona he had has gone, he's a shadow of the character that he used to be sadly.

I just would like to see someone either burn or throw acid in his face (kayfabe) so they can have a storyline where he needs the mask again and is an angry pissed off heel.

Anyone else see the WILDCAT last night on ECW, Plain black unitard, as a Character debut he just seemed kinda plain, I thought after signing last Feb/Jan for WWE they would of had a better introduction for him.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:41:16 PM by Mr Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12084 on: July 09, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »

And the way those 2 security guys chased the kid, it was like a comedy skit, no way was that legit,

I thought that too. Just seemed a random thing to do. Maybe they are trying to get over the fact that Raw is live. But to suddenly have 2 things like that happen in one night looks fairly obvious.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12085 on: July 09, 2008, 04:43:22 PM »

I just would like to see someone either burn or throw acid in his face (kayfabe) so they can have a storyline where he needs the mask again and is an angry pissed off heel.

Indeed

Have him pick a fight with a heel Batista, Batista scars Kane and Kane vanishes....to return just in time to decide a championship match....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12086 on: July 09, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »

Indeed

Have him pick a fight with a heel Batista, Batista scars Kane and Kane vanishes....to return just in time to decide a championship match....
And in classic wrestling fashion, the police don't get involved....

.....because Kane wants to settle this in the ring hihi
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12087 on: July 09, 2008, 07:27:04 PM »

Indeed

Damn straight there would never be enough evidence to convict anyways with 12 cameras recording the incident. so the only legal way for a WWE GM to solve this crime would be to put the two in a WWE Cage or a WWE Last Man standing match as the main event of a ppv.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12088 on: July 09, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »

Indeed

Damn straight there would never be enough evidence to convict anyways with 12 cameras recording the incident. so the only legal way for a WWE GM to solve this crime would be to put the two in a WWE Cage or a WWE Last Man standing match as the main event of a ppv.

main event?

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12089 on: July 09, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »

Indeed

main event?

Yeah because I assume at that point, months from now, it would be Batista and he would be WWE Champion.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12090 on: July 10, 2008, 12:07:50 AM »

Hey. Just wondering if anyone on here ever plays TEW07 or TEW08. I've just got the demo for 08 and its incredible. It still has areas of faults but is still the most in-depth wrestling management game on the market.

if you have no idea what i'm talking about then visit www.greydogsoftware.com

[/color]

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12091 on: July 10, 2008, 02:47:51 AM »

Looks interesting but is it worth $35.00? Is there a trial demo or something to download for free before I whip out a CC?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12092 on: July 10, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »

Looks interesting but is it worth $35.00? Is there a trial demo or something to download for free before I whip out a CC?

Yeah i think so, but there is a Demo for free on the website. There are many mods coming out for it within the next month so the demo would be a good option.

Its time consuming and i try to limit myself to 30 mins a day, i would definatly recommend the trial first. but i warn you its so in depth that its taken me like 6 weeks to get used of it. Any wrestling fan would enjoy it though.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12093 on: July 10, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »

Or you could download it's predecessor, the free but very fun EWR. yes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12094 on: July 10, 2008, 03:18:20 PM »

Yeah because I assume at that point, months from now, it would be Batista and he would be WWE Champion.

WWE aint smart enough for that

It would be Batista seconds away from a championship win....and Kane appears to cost him, setting up the fued for the next PPV....

ahh WWE....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12095 on: July 10, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »

Or you could download it's predecessor, the free but very fun EWR. yes

Yeah its addicting as it takes forever to book one show and figure things out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12096 on: July 10, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »

Yeah I broke down an purchased it, I could use a break from GTA IV

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #12097 on: July 10, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

My new avatar.

Yes or no?

EDIT: If anyone wants to help me neaten it up and make it fit better that would be nice  Smiley
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12098 on: July 10, 2008, 07:45:33 PM »

My new avatar.

Yes or no?

EDIT: If anyone wants to help me neaten it up and make it fit better that would be nice  Smiley
No.

It's so ten years ago, get a spinner belt and be hip like me Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12099 on: July 11, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »

Back on the subject of favourite Pay Per Views.  Wrestlemania X is ALWAYS going to have that special place in my heart.

I'm sure I've told this story before like, but what the heck.

When I first began watching wrestling it was 1991 or 1992ish I forget.  I never got Sky though until mid 1998.  So for my early wrestling years I would always be round at my mates watching the shows and we would often go down to Blockbuster Video and renting out the old wrestling events.  It was weird doing that because timelines seem to blur, even though they had split up we were major Demolition and Rockers fans just because we saw so much of them.

As for the modern viewing, my friend was, like most kids, a fan of the faces, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, Lex Express Era Luger.  I though had always been a big Shawn Michaels fan.  In the run up to Wrestlemania X we'd organised to watch the event Live.  I was used to getting the taped event a few days after so this was really special for me.  A chance to see my favourite wrestler and in a brand new match.  At the time I enjoyed everything about the event, from the opening match to Bret triumphing at the end.  It was the Shawn vs Razor match though that really did it for me.  Even as a kid seeing my favourite wrestler lose I didn't mind because the match was so friggin' great, I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen it now, for it's time though it was amazing, because you were seeing spots you just had not seen before.  True there had been prior Ladder Matches in other promotions, but most of the UK viewing public had not seem them, and the only prior WWF one was on VHS and the Ladder was not really used as a weapon.  The drama the match itself provided was great to, as a kid, you often try and guess how your favourite wrestler can win, whether the odds are in their favour and all.  I mean we knew as kids it was fake, but it didn't stop you guessing who was getting the duke.  With a match with no disqualifications and Diesel at ringside, it seemed like Shawn must win.  I was devastated when Diesel got thrown out  hihi

As for the match itself, what makes it stand up so well today, even against matches which are much more...."Death defying" would be how well balanced it is.  It's not a pure spot fest, there are lots of great wrestling spots.  More so I can't think of a single spot in the match being even slightly off, the selling was great, every shot seemed brutal and the crowd were so into it.  It wasn't just Michaels either, Hall was on the money that day and showed that in his prime he could really go in the ring.  I still believe as well the finish is one of the best finishers ever, Shawn having his leg trapped in the ropes then finally getting out and you think he's going to make it and then his hand gets stuck, combine this with Lawler's heel commentary which was superb back then; "Where's Diesel?" and you have a winning combination.  Shawn was so good at playing the desperate cowardly heel, his scrambling about trying to escape was so entertaining.  And like all cowardly heels, when he was winning he could turn on his sadistic side in an instant, the look on his face when he clocked Ramon with the ladder would say so much to the fan watching, you had the look of a nasty man and also that look of a desperate man thinking "What do I have to do to put this guy away?"

Adam Bomb vs Earthquake on the card was a waste, I assume it was cut down to 30 seconds due to time constraints, at least Adam Bomb can say, I fought on a 'Mania card hihi

The Crush vs Randy Savage match was also different for the time.  During the early 90s as a WWF fan most matches are in the ring, and you are used to 1-on-1, 2-on-2 etc.  To have a match like this was quite novel.  It was needed though, these 2 former friends had been having a brutal feud and it was a great blow-off match.  It's also an example of how feuds should be structured.  These two had not been wrestling matches for months, this wasn't the 10th meeting between the two, it was a first time meeting, they had been in pull apart brawls on tv and there was anticipation to finally see them go at it.  The rules of the match were simple, you had to pin your opponent outside the ring and they then had a minute (I think) to get back to the ring.  Basically you had to incapacitate them.  The match got off to a flying start with Savage being Gorilla Press Slammed onto the ring barrier on his throat.  These two went back and forth, with Fuji interference and Fuji salt before you had a cool finish with Savage tying Crush up in the back and leaving him dangling upside down.  Just like the Ladder Match, it was so good because you didn't just have a story of two guys hating each other, you had a first time meeting, a match which was different that you had never seen before, it added to the overall feeling of making the event feel really special.

Even though they aren't much to watch now, as kids, the Doink, Men on a Mission and even Women's match were entertaining fare.

The same can even be said for the World Title match simply because, as a kid you are rapped up with so much interest in seeing if your favourite wrestler can win, you don't suffer from smark mode and don't lament "Poor Spots".  Perfect's heel turn in the Luger vs Yoko match was classic Perfect and retribution for the WM9 match (WWF referencing something a whole year earlier Shocked - creative had a memory then).  As for the final match, as a kid you really did think, if they didn't have Bret beating Owen how can he beat Yoko, fine watching the match now it really does stink but then it was a great way to top off a superb event, especially having all the faces in the ring and Owen coming out and Savage inviting him in the ring, and Owen refusing saying he's better than Bret.

Still I think there are few if any Pay Per Views I have enjoyed more than that.
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: