Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826302 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12060 on: July 08, 2008, 01:44:39 PM »

Ah Kane....he's always had so much potential (hell, the size of those arms back in 2000 - yey gods I'm amazed people didnt just surrender in a match!)

He was always my fav wrestler, just loved his look

He had that myserious thing going on that worked so well, and the way he'd just sit up after a beating....

Then....he got that crappy mask, then lost the mask altogether, then got fat......and jobbed for about 10 straight years

I notice he is back in shape (or close enough) - if ever a wrestler was missing the 'roids its Kane

He no longer wears his daft shoes which gave him about three inches in height - he is now noticeably shorter than the Undertaker, probably scrapping 6'9 (hell, i wouldnt complain!) instead of 6'12

WWE never seemed to know what to do with him, as a fat bald guy he is no better than Snitsky...

Give him back the mask, keep him silent and have him hiding away in the dark like he used to - give him back that sinister menancing vibe, you were never sure what he was up to

..and in a match use him as a monster, not a jobber - have him slaughter people, his one arm chokeslam was quite a sight, I remember him vs Jericho at some PPV yonks ago (a last man standing match) he slammed Jericho so hard I was certain Jericho wouldn't get up in the match OR real life.....

Kane's downfall was ultimately Kane vs Kane (lol!) - to think fake Kane (or was it real Kane...) beat the bald Kane, poor guy couldnt even claim to be the best Kane anymore! Beaten by someone pretending to be you...oh the shame....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #12061 on: July 08, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »

Wtf was up with Kane the retarded demolisher??...I really hate him without his mask compared to before..he comes out as a pussy trying to be tough..though he does do it better now than he use to. It was a good raw..carried good over from last week until the stupid ending.

It's called a heel turn, I thought it was pretty interesting.

REALLY? A heel turn is what he did???!!! Thanks I had NOOOOO idea thats what it was. Good thing your here to explain it to me.

No shit it was a heel turn, doesn't change the fact it sucked. Doesn't change the fact it could have been done a hell of a lot better than that. Doesn't change the fact that the crowd and myself seemed bored and uninterested. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12062 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »

Wtf was up with Kane the retarded demolisher??...I really hate him without his mask compared to before..he comes out as a pussy trying to be tough..though he does do it better now than he use to. It was a good raw..carried good over from last week until the stupid ending.

It's called a heel turn, I thought it was pretty interesting.

REALLY? A heel turn is what he did???!!! Thanks I had NOOOOO idea thats what it was. Good thing your here to explain it to me.

No shit it was a heel turn, doesn't change the fact it sucked. Doesn't change the fact it could have been done a hell of a lot better than that. Doesn't change the fact that the crowd and myself seemed bored and uninterested. smoking

to each there own and all that stuff but the majority of people liked how it happened

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #12063 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »

source: PWInsider.com

-- CM Punk accidentally broke Snitsky's nose during their match last night on Raw when he hit him with the G.T.S. maneuver

-- William Regal's sixty-day drug suspension for a second violation of the company's Wellness Policy concludes on Friday, July 18

Oh I can't have this thread not having this Gif in it!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12064 on: July 08, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »

I wondered what the hell was going on when that kid showed up in front of Batista. How did he get on the air in the first place??

No one's mentioned that HBK/Jericho promo which I thought was really good. Though it just kind of faded out at the end (unlike Raw Tongue).

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12065 on: July 08, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »

Oh I can't have this thread not having this Gif in it!

Thanks so much for this dude! I was going to gif this myself earlier but no one had posted the video on youtube. Then I saw it somewere else but I'm having this problem with my computer recently that won't let me save certain gifs. I can only save them as bitmap for some reason and I can't get it fixed. It's so frustrating. However I was able to save yours. Much appriciated!

beer

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12066 on: July 08, 2008, 03:54:20 PM »

Kane goes berserk and attacks...Jerry Lawler? Man, I guess *someone* needs to find a new personal dentist.  hihi

(From The Wrestling Fan.)

And on another note, I would like to say that I hate that splash that Rey Mysterio does. Is that his finisher now? It looks like he's collapsing off the top rope. At least don't have your arms stuck to the side of your body when you jump. It's not exactly very Luchador is it? Belly-flopping a guy. Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:03:41 PM by BlowUpYourTitanTron » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #12067 on: July 08, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »

Obviously not as funny as the Batista kid, but heres the CM Punk camera botch gif I just made. The quality of the gif takes away from Punk's confused expression sadly. I didn't notice this last night but only when I watched the video again on youtube before making this, you can hear a guy saying; "We're live!.....You idiot!"  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Evolution
« Reply #12068 on: July 08, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »

I hope Kane was talking about Paul Bearer!

On another note, it's good to see some variety in the World Title scene with more than one challenger at a time. I'm intrugued at the outcome of Punk/Batista.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:01:46 PM by Evolution » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12069 on: July 08, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »

The camera falling during CM Punks backstage promo! I think Punk thought that they were knocked off the air. The look he gives to Grisham was priceless! He had to wait for him to say "It's okay, go ahead" until he continued. 

And last but not least, moment of the night goes to the Batista kid followed by the two security guys chasing after him. Batista's "Wtf?" expression made that whole segment (although it obviously wasn't planned.)
Oh come on they were both planned.  I think it's safe to say with many pre-match promos, where there is no need for them to be live, they tape them earlier just in case they do screw up, why risk it live?  Also both incidents featuring plugs for the show being live.  And the way those 2 security guys chased the kid, it was like a comedy skit, no way was that legit, and for stuff like this to happen twice in one night, no chance.  I enjoyed both it was fun but it'll of been done for a reason.  My guess is people complain about RAW not being must see tv anymore, it used to be that anything can happen show, it's live not taped and who knows what will take place, I think it's just an attempt to recreate that, it's live anything can happen buzz.  I mean it's one thing the camera falling but those guys didn't need to say "We're live....you idiot" it was done for affect.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12070 on: July 08, 2008, 08:09:57 PM »

Batista has to win the title right?

I Mean how much longer can they job him out to a champion?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12071 on: July 08, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »

Batista has to win the title right?

I Mean how much longer can they job him out to a champion?
Punk wins via flukey roll-up, Batista snaps, goes heel on him and they have a rematch at Summerslam.

Or he wins it and they rush the Batista/Cena feud and have them fight at Summerslam.

Honestly though, unless he starts bombing on top, to pull the trigger with Punk and then have him drop it so soon is such a waste, his short reign has been booked well so far, I'll keep the faith for now. (Bit of Jovi there for ya like...)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12072 on: July 09, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »

Money in the bank seemed like a tool to get the title to Raw though. Why else job him out after he won MITB and now fighting Batista who over the last year has put over UT and Edge countless times.

I dont understand why WWE aren't making Jericho/HBK their centerpiece feud. This thing is outstanding and saved the show for me last night. It is real feeling, intense and just awesome. Now if only HBK will Job to Jericho so the feud will continue.

I still dont see a push for Lance Cade.

Dude has done nothing but look like a tool since the turn.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12073 on: July 09, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »

Oh come on they were both planned.  I think it's safe to say with many pre-match promos, where there is no need for them to be live, they tape them earlier just in case they do screw up, why risk it live?  Also both incidents featuring plugs for the show being live.  And the way those 2 security guys chased the kid, it was like a comedy skit, no way was that legit, and for stuff like this to happen twice in one night, no chance.  I enjoyed both it was fun but it'll of been done for a reason.  My guess is people complain about RAW not being must see tv anymore, it used to be that anything can happen show, it's live not taped and who knows what will take place, I think it's just an attempt to recreate that, it's live anything can happen buzz.  I mean it's one thing the camera falling but those guys didn't need to say "We're live....you idiot" it was done for affect.

Once again it goes back to what I was saying as they go OVERBOARD to the extreme. Sure maybe they tip a light, or a kid gets backstage and does and INCREDIBLE Bastita Machine Gun Dance. Both both them happening on the same night, Only soooo much or many accidents not even Dr Ian Malcom from Jurassic Park would believe in all the WWE shit hitting the fan like it has gone wrong lately.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12074 on: July 09, 2008, 12:08:21 AM »

Money in the bank seemed like a tool to get the title to Raw though. Why else job him out after he won MITB and now fighting Batista who over the last year has put over UT and Edge countless times.

I dont understand why WWE aren't making Jericho/HBK their centerpiece feud. This thing is outstanding and saved the show for me last night. It is real feeling, intense and just awesome. Now if only HBK will Job to Jericho so the feud will continue.

I still dont see a push for Lance Cade.

Dude has done nothing but look like a tool since the turn.

Punk has to retain at GAB somehow... Whether it be by Bastita snapping and turning heel, or a cheap roll up, I cant seem WWE jobbing out the title so fast. It was bad enough they made him Job to Chavo his ECW gold. I think a cheap finish is in order for Punk and Bastita to roll over into SS,

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12075 on: July 09, 2008, 01:13:36 AM »

Or:

Kane could cost Batista the match thus setting up a Kane/Batista feud.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #12076 on: July 09, 2008, 01:22:06 AM »

And on another note, I would like to say that I hate that splash that Rey Mysterio does. Is that his finisher now? It looks like he's collapsing off the top rope. At least don't have your arms stuck to the side of your body when you jump. It's not exactly very Luchador is it? Belly-flopping a guy. Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter...

I thought that move was really cool, actually. With his arms stuck to his side like that he looks like a missile launching.

The HBK/Jericho feud isn't doing much for me, even though I'm a big fan of both wrestlers. It's just we've already seen this before. I know they can put on some great matches together, but their feud feels like one of those "well, we don't know what else to do with you two at the moment, so we're just gonna have you two go at it for the next few months, because, like, everybody knows Jericho used to idolize HBK, and, well . . . yeah." At the very least they could've set up the feud much better, instead of their current way, which seems awkward and strange. Originally I was thinking it would've been cool to have HBK and Jericho as a tag-team, a new version of the Rockers, capture the tag-team belts, start a fued with the Hardy Boyz, have an instant-classic TLC match, maybe have HBK put over Jeff Hardy in a ladder match or something, and then eventually have Jericho stab HBK in the back. At least that would be a good excuse to create a lot of amazing matches, since all those guys are capable of stealing the show every night.

On a side note, I was looking through a collection of VHS tapes today and came across a recording of the 2003 Royal Rumble, which I popped in and watched. The Royal Rumble itself was pretty cool. HBK and Jericho were the first two out, and Jericho beat the crap out of HBK with a chair and eliminated him. Jericho lasted for a long time after that, until eventually a bandaged-up HBK ran out and helped to eliminate Jericho. Brock Lesner and Undertaker were the last two in the ring, with Lesner winning.

The PPV featured the match between HHH and Scott Steiner for the World Heavyweight Championship, which ended in a disqualification. The match was decent, I thought, although it looked very sloppy at times. Steiner was supposed to be the face and HHH the heel, but the fans just kept booing Steiner throughout the match. He even had kind of a hurt look on his face. I felt kinda bad for the guy. I guess the WWE fans weren't going to cheer for a WCW guy that does nothing but suplex his opponent again and again and again.

There was also a really good match between Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit for the WWE Championship. Angle won, but the fans gave Benoit a standing ovation afterwards. Too bad that guy's no longer with us. I was never a huge fan--he couldn't cut a promo worth a shit-- but the dude was a magnificent in-ring performer.

Here Today . . .
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #12077 on: July 09, 2008, 04:24:44 AM »

i dont like that splash Ray Mastrio does either but that shit cracks me up everytime i see him do it  rofl
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #12078 on: July 09, 2008, 05:26:01 AM »

Or:

Kane could cost Batista the match thus setting up a Kane/Batista feud.

WOuldnt be a bad idea, but I hope not as I cant see Batista turning Heel if a Heel Kane takes him out at GAB. Im hoping for a DQ finish where he goes FN crazy and even after the DQ still tries to finish Punk off.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12079 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:06 AM »

Ah Kane....he's always had so much potential (hell, the size of those arms back in 2000 - yey gods I'm amazed people didnt just surrender in a match!)

He was always my fav wrestler, just loved his look

He had that myserious thing going on that worked so well, and the way he'd just sit up after a beating....

Then....he got that crappy mask, then lost the mask altogether, then got fat......and jobbed for about 10 straight years

I notice he is back in shape (or close enough) - if ever a wrestler was missing the 'roids its Kane

He no longer wears his daft shoes which gave him about three inches in height - he is now noticeably shorter than the Undertaker, probably scrapping 6'9 (hell, i wouldnt complain!) instead of 6'12

WWE never seemed to know what to do with him, as a fat bald guy he is no better than Snitsky...

Give him back the mask, keep him silent and have him hiding away in the dark like he used to - give him back that sinister menancing vibe, you were never sure what he was up to

..and in a match use him as a monster, not a jobber - have him slaughter people, his one arm chokeslam was quite a sight, I remember him vs Jericho at some PPV yonks ago (a last man standing match) he slammed Jericho so hard I was certain Jericho wouldn't get up in the match OR real life.....

Kane's downfall was ultimately Kane vs Kane (lol!) - to think fake Kane (or was it real Kane...) beat the bald Kane, poor guy couldnt even claim to be the best Kane anymore! Beaten by someone pretending to be you...oh the shame....

Kane was always my fav as a kid as well, even when he went up against Austin or The Rock as heel I wanted him to win. As a monster on a rampage he just seemed this unstoppable force and it was great to watch. I remember just after Judgement Day in 2000(?) when Taker returned during that Iron Man match and in the following weeks HHH, Rock and Taker were feuding for the title. Taker and Rock were taking a beating from the Mcmahon/Helmsley regime at the end of Raw, then out came Kane and he just cleaned house, I loved it. He was awesome in the Rumble the year after as well (he's awesome in most Rumbles actually), entered at no. 3 or 4 and was the last man in with Austin at the end. I was gutted he didn't win, they obviously had bigger plans for Austin vs Rock at WM 17, but at the time I felt personally robbed  hihi Good memories.

With a character like Kane with a mask and (supposed) scarred face, an unmasking storyline is inevitable, unfortunately after that he's become a jobber and that relentless never stays down monster persona he had has gone, he's a shadow of the character that he used to be sadly.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: