Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:22:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827224 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11940 on: July 01, 2008, 04:05:38 AM »

Something just seems so right about this  Smiley

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11941 on: July 01, 2008, 06:15:58 AM »

Something just seems so right about this  Smiley

I agree. Things truely have been shook up in a major way. It was nice to see CM Punk win it. As much as I want him to have a long reign I can't see him holding the title for too long.

You have to feel bad for Edge too though. He went out and cut that promo, took a pasting from Batista, and then got pinned by Punk. He wasn't even dressed to compete! I hope Edge gets a long reign someday as he deserves it. They owe it to him to let him hold the title more than a month at a time.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11942 on: July 01, 2008, 01:11:16 PM »

It was cool to see him win and I'm glad he got a win to kind of consolidate his reign.  I say that, because this is what irritates me.  He's been treated like a midcarder and then suddenly he wins the title, they should of been pushing him more before this.  And his victory itself did nothing since Edge was pretty much done, I hope though he has a logn reign and plenty of defences, because with this reign they can rectify some of the mistakes they've made with him, and that aside, it was a cool mark out moment and the show felt fresh.  The Burchills, Noble and Kane segment I found really amusing and Santino was on form (as usual).  We also had some great talkers given time tonight, JBL backstage, Santino as mentioned and the best of the night Edge at the start, and I loved that lil backstage segment where he was goin' crazy at The Edgeheads.  Only things that did nothing for me and were time fillers would be the Dibiase/Rhodes and Mickie James' matches, but they were short, and did nothing to take away from what was a very solid show.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11943 on: July 01, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »

Only the other day me and Cowbell were discussing this and NOW details are available...

Curt Hennig, better known as Mr. Perfect, competed for the American Wrestling Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Born the son of legendary Larry ?The Axe? Hennig, it was perhaps inevitable that Curt would want to follow in his father?s footsteps. But Mr. Perfect lived up to his moniker becoming one of the best in-ring technicians of his generation. A former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, he was also the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 1990s. Loved by fans and friends alike, Mr. Perfect entertained in and out of the ring, earning him the honour of induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. This two-disc set relives his life and career, from his early start as a second-generation star through AWA, WWE, and WCW. Some of his greatest matches and vignettes are included. Who was this man? Here?s a hint? he was absolutely ?perfect?.

Disc 1

Perfection
Twin City Origins
Building a Path
AWA
Mr. Perfect
Living up to His Name
Intercontinental Champion
The Prankster
Commentator
WCW
Return to the WWE
A Sudden Tragedy
Hall of Fame
The Perfect Legacy Lives On

Curt Hennig vs. Eddie Gilbert
Madison Square Garden (21/11/82)

Curt Hennig & Scott Hall vs. Steve Regal & Jimmy Garvin
AWA Championship Wrestling (26/11/85)

Mr. Perfect Hall of Fame Induction
WWE Hall of Fame (31/03/07)

?Rap is Crap? Music Video

Vignettes

Billiards October 1, 1988

Golf ? Perfect Putt October 1, 1988

Darts October 8, 1988

Bowling October 8, 1988

Chess October 15, 1988

Basketball October 15, 1988

Ping Pong October 28, 1989

Diving November 4, 1989

Golf ? Perfect Drive November 4, 1989

Horseshoes November 24, 1989

Baseball with Wade Boggs December 26, 1992

Football ? Perfect Passer with Steve Jordan February 13, 1993

Basketball with Felton Spencer February 27, 1993

Hockey with Mike Modano March 13, 1993

Stories

Curt Loved Karaoke

Lifestyles of Mr. Perfect

Disc 2

60-Minute Time Limit AWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel
AWA Championship Wrestling (15/11/86)

Curt Hennig vs. Terry Taylor
Commentary By: Michael Cole & Mick Foley
WrestleFest (31/07/88)

Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart
Madison Square Garden (24/04/89)

WWE Championship Match
Mr. Perfect vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden (15/01/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match with Special Referee Roddy Piper
Mr. Perfect vs. The Texas Tornado
Madison Square Garden (24/11/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect
SummerSlam (26/08/91)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels
SummerSlam (30/08/93)

Curt Hennig vs. Bret Hart
Uncensored (15/03/98)

That is friggin' great!  All his vignettes, the Rap is Crap vid  hihi 3 matches with Bret Hart, 2 of which I don't currently own.  Hopefulyl a good bio on the 1st Disc.

Only criticism I could consider bringing up would be they could of made it 3 Discs and had more matches (Oh and the Summerslam match with Shawn sucks) but they are minor problems.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11944 on: July 01, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »

His promo's were the best in the day so I am GLAD TO see them, Looking at the Match List it looks a little light in the loafers.

Where is the RAW 1993 match were he pushed Ric Flair out of WWE in a career ending match. Not the best technical of his work but after managing him it was an important step.

How about his fued with Lex, Lex came in as the Narcistist to be one better then Perfect. No Match there?

1 WCW Match with Bret Hart, Hart and Perfect where Great in the Ring together. 8 Matches on the Second Disc with 3 of them Being Bret Hart.

HOW HOW PERFECT VS LAWLER for the AWA World Title, That was a bloody match and hennig world title reign and it was a decent match from what i read.

How about a West Texas Reneck Match thrown in there.

Or the 2002 ROyal RUmble where he returned to the WWE.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11945 on: July 01, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »

There was one of those 'Did you know' things on Raw last night that the WWE have been doing recently which said that last year, 15 WWE DVDs reached #1 on the Sports DVDs chart with WM23 staying at #1 all year. How the hell does that work??

I know some other stuff happened on Raw last night, but that MAKES NO SENSE.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11946 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »

His promo's were the best in the day so I am GLAD TO see them, Looking at the Match List it looks a little light in the loafers.

Where is the RAW 1993 match were he pushed Ric Flair out of WWE in a career ending match. Not the best technical of his work but after managing him it was an important step.

How about his fued with Lex, Lex came in as the Narcistist to be one better then Perfect. No Match there?

How about a West Texas Reneck Match thrown in there.

Or the 2002 ROyal RUmble where he returned to the WWE.

To put the whole Rumble itself on would be odd and I'm sure they will cover his return with clips from it.

West Texas Rednecks matches weren't anything to write home aqbout, the video will suffice for me.

His feud with Luger was poor as was their match at Wrestlemania IX.

The match with Flair is very good and on the recent RAW DVD and WWE tends to make an effort not to duplicate to many matches.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11947 on: July 01, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »

West Texas Matches were like Bubble gum rock, nothing to stand the test of time but they were entertaining to watch and was the last time he really was wrestling in a full capacity.

Yeah Lex and Perfect where not the greatest in the ring, Lex never really look good with anyone from the 1990's on.

Rumble would be long, butlike you said about clips would be nice, I remember seeing it back in the day thinking to myself that Perfection was coming back to WWE, kind of sad it never happened like that.

I know they dont double up on matches, but I didnt buy any recent raw or wwe dvds but I thought that was a great moment in his career. Most of the matches I mention just bring back a great moment in his career. It would be worth buying to see him throw himself 100 yard touchdown anyways.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11948 on: July 01, 2008, 05:05:18 PM »

There was one of those 'Did you know' things on Raw last night that the WWE have been doing recently which said that last year, 15 WWE DVDs reached #1 on the Sports DVDs chart with WM23 staying at #1 all year. How the hell does that work??

I know some other stuff happened on Raw last night, but that MAKES NO SENSE.

The usual shameless self promoting of the wwe.

So I read recently that wwe is worried about my network tv failing. Its apparently available in 100 million homes but the ratings for their programming is horid. WWE knows that smackdown will be the top rated program and some inside say that all the moves to smackdown  are in hoping to get high enough ratings that if my network tv does go under they can quickly be picked up by another network.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11949 on: July 01, 2008, 07:25:15 PM »

The original plan to push the ECW brand with Raw and tape the shows on Monday's has been pushed back to September. WWE.com had been listing house show events with Raw and ECW together, but that has since been changed.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11950 on: July 01, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »

He was killer in Italy and I thought he won over the crowd. Then ever since he lost the title to umaga he has been beneath an average jobber, He has good mic skills and can really build up some heat, I dont understand why they killed a star who could of been a good character.
Yeah but dude he was playing an Italian it wasn't difficult to win over that crowd.

I understand why they fed him to Umaga then had him crushed, he was an annoyingly nice babyface on par with the awful Rocky Maiva run.

The making of him was his heel turn.  His mic skills are great and that's why he talks more than he wrestles and has his own comedy segment on wwe.com.

My only complaint is they do job him out too much, although as I posted above their are rumours amound of him getting a stable and that's cool.

He is a small guy, they will never push him on his own, but with some Bodyguards/Heavies behind him they could push him well.  WWE recognises his talent talking wise hence the reason he got a spot on a packed Wrestlemania card getting punked out by Snoop Dogg, may not seem like much but considering over half the roster was on pre-show Battle Royal duty it was cool and will of Guaranteed him a bigger pay cheque.  He then gets the spot with Jimmy Kimmel and his pal getting involved, the stuff with a legend like Roddy Piper and the stuff with Steve Austin, they may treat him as a jobber, but they definately see potential in him and this giving him a girlfriend and stable could be the making of him.

"They tried to make me watch the condemned i said, no, no no, it's a sad fact stone cold cant act, i said no, no, no."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:40:10 PM by Hammy » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11951 on: July 01, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »

Quote from: Hammy link=topic=21219.msg1081830#msg1081830 [i
"They tried to make me watch the condemned i said, no, no no, it's a sad fact stone cold cant act, i said no, no, no."[/i]

When he came on WWE RAW in America as IC champ the fans seemed to like him quite well. I didnt realize his body was so bruised from years of training thats why he doesnt wrestle much.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11952 on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »

"They tried to make me watch the condemned i said, no, no no, it's a sad fact stone cold cant act, i said no, no, no."[/i]

When he came on WWE RAW in America as IC champ the fans seemed to like him quite well. I didnt realize his body was so bruised from years of training thats why he doesnt wrestle much.
The positive reception didn't last long that's why he got canned as a face, Mr Nicey Nice Italia just didn't cut it with the fans.  His heel work on the other hand is magnificent.  Many stars who are great heels but generally poor faces.  Orton and Jericho come to mind.  And hell good as he is as a face, heel HBK is a joy to watch, the brief turn for the Hogan feud was superb!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11953 on: July 01, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »

The positive reception didn't last long that's why he got canned as a face, Mr Nicey Nice Italia just didn't cut it with the fans.  His heel work on the other hand is magnificent.  Many stars who are great heels but generally poor faces.  Orton and Jericho come to mind.  And hell good as he is as a face, heel HBK is a joy to watch, the brief turn for the Hogan feud was superb!
Hell Yeah I remember that SS, HBK sold the heel role really well. With his religion and view on life I dont think we will ever see a Heel HBK like that again. I still would like to see Santiago atleast the better of someone once in awhile.

Side Note: Anyone else think the ending to the Kofi Jericho Match was garbage. I mean I honestly dont remember someone getting DQ'd like that for holding the tights, I thought you usually are suppose to get a 5 count like when choking someone in the corner or doing something ref ref dont like, I mean as soon as the Ref seen the tights in Jericho's hands he waited what 1 maybe 2 seconds to DQ it up. After a hell of a NOC match between the two this is the follow up?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #11954 on: July 02, 2008, 02:50:43 AM »

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like CM Punk winning the title on Raw. I mean, I guess it's cool on WWE's part to stay "unpredictable." Nobody thought both HHH and Edge would win on Sunday, and I doubt anybody thought CM Punk would be the World Heavyweight Champion by the end of Raw. But still, I think that the way they handled it just belittles the title. If CM Punk was a heel, it'd make more sense . . . But he's a good guy, and he basically just STOLE the title from Edge. I don't think anybody is sold on CM Punk being a true main eventer now just because he's the current world champion. He didn't win the title fair and square in a hard fought victory. He was even getting destroyed in the match against JBL until Cena came out there and ended up distracting JBL long enough for CM Punk to take advantage.

I was really looking forward to a HHH/Edge feud, two world champions going at it to decide who the ULTIMATE champion is. We could've had an UNDISPUTED champion for awhile. How cool would've that been?

If CM Punk was going to cash in his money in the bank, have him do it at a PPV, and have him win the title by actually COMPETING . . . Not running to the ring like a little weasel after Batista just did all the dirty work.

WWE can redeem themselves if they actually allow CM Punk to keep the title for a few months and defend it against legitimate opponents and win fairly . . . But I just have a feeling that he's going to lose it at the very next PPV, and then go back to being a mid-carder.

Here Today . . .
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11955 on: July 02, 2008, 04:31:29 AM »

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like CM Punk winning the title on Raw. I mean, I guess it's cool on WWE's part to stay "unpredictable." Nobody thought both HHH and Edge would win on Sunday, and I doubt anybody thought CM Punk would be the World Heavyweight Champion by the end of Raw. But still, I think that the way they handled it just belittles the title. If CM Punk was a heel, it'd make more sense . . . But he's a good guy, and he basically just STOLE the title from Edge. I don't think anybody is sold on CM Punk being a true main eventer now just because he's the current world champion. He didn't win the title fair and square in a hard fought victory. He was even getting destroyed in the match against JBL until Cena came out there and ended up distracting JBL long enough for CM Punk to take advantage.

I was really looking forward to a HHH/Edge feud, two world champions going at it to decide who the ULTIMATE champion is. We could've had an UNDISPUTED champion for awhile. How cool would've that been?

If CM Punk was going to cash in his money in the bank, have him do it at a PPV, and have him win the title by actually COMPETING . . . Not running to the ring like a little weasel after Batista just did all the dirty work.

WWE can redeem themselves if they actually allow CM Punk to keep the title for a few months and defend it against legitimate opponents and win fairly . . . But I just have a feeling that he's going to lose it at the very next PPV, and then go back to being a mid-carder.

The whole point of MITB is to use it to your best advantage, seriously would you use it when hes at his best? (Only reason it worked with RVD is cause he did it at ONS where the pop was incredible)

Plus Punk doing it like that worked really well as it imitated what Edge did previously with MITB, hence Cole & Lawler pointing out the irony. Also no one expected that which made it even better, although like Hammy I'd have preferred him not to job out so much especially to Miz (no offence Hammy  hihi). But the JBL match finish served its purpose, everyone expected him to lose to JBL, there was no way Punk would win clean so that finish worked well as it didnt harm JBL too much. Credit to JBL for actually putting a young guy over

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11956 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »

The whole point of MITB is to use it to your best advantage, seriously would you use it when hes at his best? (Only reason it worked with RVD is cause he did it at ONS where the pop was incredible)

Plus Punk doing it like that worked really well as it imitated what Edge did previously with MITB, hence Cole & Lawler pointing out the irony. Also no one expected that which made it even better, although like Hammy I'd have preferred him not to job out so much especially to Miz (no offence Hammy  hihi). But the JBL match finish served its purpose, everyone expected him to lose to JBL, there was no way Punk would win clean so that finish worked well as it didnt harm JBL too much. Credit to JBL for actually putting a young guy over
The interference was minimal.  Hell its not like Cena clocked JBL, minor distraction, 'twas nothing, and it was a smart thing to do, having Punk defend the belt the same night, because JBL brought up the point you did, about how his win was cheap (although it was smart, obviously) and asked him to step up and prove he's a real champion, and he did, he stepped up....and won, so good stuff, but the build-up for him has been half assed.  Off the top of my head, past couple of months he's lost to fellow RAW stars Jericho and Kane, cleanly, Miz....cleanly, but a long reign, plenty of defences and it can be all good in the hood, so to speak.

Speaking of good stuff, I think I've found the 5th member of my dream stable (Currently featuring Mike Knox, The Miz, Barry Darsow and Santino Marella), please welcome, Carlito's inbred brother from another mother, Atlas OrtizCheesy

How can you not love that  hihi
Evolution
« Reply #11957 on: July 02, 2008, 09:52:54 AM »

So, I heard that Ortiz is Atlas Da Bone? How was his debut?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11958 on: July 02, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »

Nobody thought both HHH and Edge would win on Sunday,

Of Course I thought that was going to happen

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11959 on: July 02, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »

I cant really buy CM as the heavyweight champ. He just isnt ready to carry the WWE. his wrestling ability is good but the dude looks like something pulled out of a trailer park.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: