Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:30:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827335 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11920 on: June 28, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »

Santino Marella recently told SLAM! Wrestling that there are plans for him to have a new on-air girlfriend and stable.

That would be sweet, he's such a good talker/character but they'll never push him seriously as a wrestler but with a stable of talented young wrestlers he and those in it could benefit.

Think Stevie Richards, RTC.  He was the wimpy leader but had a group of talented in-ring stars behind him (Yes Bull Buchanan included)

Back to Santino though, the dude is great, the Casa on wwe.com is well worth watching (as is The Dirt Sheet)

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11921 on: June 28, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »

Hearin Ham talk about Hitman being his fav wrestler brough up one of my favs in Mr Perfect, Anyone know when that DVD is suppose to hit?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11922 on: June 28, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »

Hearin Ham talk about Hitman being his fav wrestler brough up one of my favs in Mr Perfect, Anyone know when that DVD is suppose to hit?
Blasphemy, I said HBK's my fave...didn't I?

According to Amazon (Cheap pop from Jim, akin to the Foley, right here in *insert name of the city he's in* and cue thumbs up pop). September 9th

Haven't seen any details yet aside from the DVD Cover.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11923 on: June 28, 2008, 11:14:58 PM »

Blasphemy, I said HBK's my fave...didn't I?

According to Amazon (Cheap pop from Jim, akin to the Foley, right here in *insert name of the city he's in* and cue thumbs up pop). September 9th

Haven't seen any details yet aside from the DVD Cover.

I think I am getting posts combined now, Ham, you did say HBK was your favorite when you were talking about his book which wasnt 100% truthful and his DVD collection. I just combined posts from you and someone else in my head. Cover is a tease since i am seeing it wont be out til Sept 9, God he could work a mic and is the only guy I know who cna throw a 100 yard touchdown TO HIMSELF, he was more then Perfect, he was the Chuck Norris of WWF.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11924 on: June 28, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »

The angle that couldve saved WCW:

Kind of an obvious one actually:

If I were workin for WCW I wouldve done this.

1.never went to three hours
2. never made WCW Thunder

ok

now for the angle

NWO once they super s uper huge should've started a slow revolt against Hulk Hogan. Hogan is the ultimate hero and I think it would've been awesome if the NWO started slowly plotting against Hogan.

Nwo eventually turn on Hogan and give a beatdown where they massacre him.  bloody as hell, maybe break his leg, just destroy him

Hogan goes on a little vacation

by this time the NWO totally take over WCW. Hell even change the name from WCW to NWO Wrestling

At Starrcade, have the NWO murdering WCW Faces, just beating them down

and then the likes go out and u hear "I am  A real..................."

Lights come back on

NWO are shocked lookin around like what the fuck

Nwo proceed to beat the shit out of WCW until lights go out again and the Full SONG BLASTS, lights come back up and here comes REd and Yellow Hulk Hogan with a baseball bat or a pipe or some sort of weapon. He gets in the ring, Hulks out and cleans house.
Next night u start Hulk Hogan and a Face stable battling the NWO.

This feud would be able to last a good year, year and a half until NWO is finally destroyed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11925 on: June 29, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »

The writers were basically making every nitro or putting as much into every Nitro the same amount of work as a PPV. Then with Thunder, WCW on weekends on TBS and the 1 hour Nitro on Tuesday they tried I think they ran out of sane ideas

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11926 on: June 29, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »

Also they hired so many big dollar wrestlers with either ego problems or rights to character control and writings/bookings so the top guys had so much power over what was going on.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #11927 on: June 29, 2008, 05:27:41 AM »

One of my friends recently let me borrow a recording of the July 3, 1998 episode of Nitro (I think that was the date, at least), where Goldberg defeated Hulk Hogan to win his first World Heavyweight Championship. Growing up, I was always a huge fan of WCW, mainly because of Sting, whom I worshiped as a child. I was excited about watching an old episode (I can't believe ten years have already passed), and the 1998 episode did bring back a wave of nostalgia, but mostly all it did was frustrate me. There were a lot of things I'd forgotten about WCW. I guess because I'm used to watching WWE now, the ring in WCW seemed freakin' TINY!!!! The wrestlers had no room to perform. Also, the entrances sucked balls. No Titantron or anything, no pyro . . . just play some music and the wrestler comes walking out. Goldberg's the only guy who had a pretty cool entrance.

But speakin' of Goldberg, the dude SUCKED as a wrestler. I liked him when I was a kid, but watching him now, it just makes me mad that he became so huge. I mean, the whole undefeated-streak was pretty cool on WCW's part. People went absolutely crazy for Goldberg, but if a match lasted more than three minutes, Goldberg had no idea what to do.

I'd also forgotten just how many amazing wrestlers WCW had at one time. I mean, they had Sting, Hogan, Macho Man, Ric Flair, the Giant, DDP, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Curt Henning, Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Lex Luger, Chris Benoit . . . The list goes on and on. But yet WCW had no idea how to utilize all their great talent. On the episode of Nitro I watched, there was a match early in the night between Booker T and Dean Malenko. Booker T was the T.V. Champion at the time, which was basically the belt that didn't mean shit, the equivalent to the European championship in WWE. The announcers were like, if Booker T wins tonight, he'll be defending his T.V. title this week at Bash at the Beach against Bret 'The Hitman' Hart. I was like, WTF??? Bret Hart is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, numerous world championships, and the best WCW can do for him is have him fight for the T.V. Championship?Huh? That's pathetic!!!

WCW had that amazing idea of the NWO, but unfortunately played it out for way too long. What should've been one of the greatest moments in wrestling history, when Sting beat NWO's Hulk Hogan at Starrcade, ending NWO's "reign of terror," was unfortunately botched and ruined because of the whole "fast count" debacle, which was really just a normal count.

I still miss WCW, though. I just can't into TNA, and I usually only watch it if I know Sting's going to be wrestling.

Here Today . . .
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11928 on: June 29, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »

I can probably count on one hand - OK, maybe two - the number of Bret Hart matches I've actually seen. He's been in quite a few famous matches I want to see - Montreal Screwjob, Submission Match w/Austin etc. - but I agree with Hammy said about him being "his own biggest mark". I'm sure I remember reading that he said that people liked him more than Hogan or The Ultimate Warrior. Don't know if those were his exact words but it was something along those lines. Warrior maybe, but Hogan? I'd be willing to bet that the only guy who was as/more popular than Hogan was Austin. It seems to me now that he's the "I got screwed in '97" guy. I won't comment on his wrestling ability because like I said, I've seen very few of his big matches. I've read both opinions: he was brilliant in the ring or he used the same 5 moves every match.

Wrestling autobiographies, I've only read Foley's three books, Michaels' and Bischoff's. Got Jericho's but haven't read it yet. I might read it after the Led Zep bio I'm reading just now.

On a random side note, I thought I saw Royal Rumble 2002 in zaavi for ?8 today but then I realised I was looking at the 2003 edition which I've already got. Sad I should have remembered that WWF PPVs aren't in the shops any more...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11929 on: June 29, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »

On a random side note, I thought I saw Royal Rumble 2002 in zaavi for ?8 today but then I realised I was looking at the 2003 edition which I've already got. Sad I should have remembered that WWF PPVs aren't in the shops any more...
....They are, under the guise of Tagged Classics, cheapest of Silvervision.co.uk though.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11930 on: June 29, 2008, 11:20:32 PM »

Main event was okay I guess. It will be interesting to see how Raw & Smackdown pans out over the next few weeks due to Raw not having a champion. Could CM Punk be on the verge of a World title? Who knows folks...

I just "HOPE" it doesnt turn out that Triple H goes back to raw with the WWE title as then the draft shocker was pointless. I also dont think Edge should take the World title over as with Bautista over there it just would be the same old fued in which Edge has cheated wins over and over.... Someone needs to loose.
Over the next month Edge and Triple H feud.  Next PPV, Cena snags a rematch, and THIS time Edge gets involved and Cena wins. yes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11931 on: June 29, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »

That would be Interesting and make sense having Triple H pissed at Edge he could fued for the title on SD and Raw could get its title back, I just dont want some hurried BS to throw a Title back on Raw. Or maybe its time for Punk to CASH IN.

Highlights:

I can't say I am too shocked as I was EXPECTING SOME BIG WWE SURPIZES. I think Kofi winning would be great. Gives a midcarder a chance to fued with Mid Carders and have Jericho go after the main events throw some PRIDE back on my IC strap.

Seeing Rhodes flip is GREAT, never a Rhodes fan, til NOW, Loved Ted Dibiase SR and if his son can wrestle matches more then 5 blinks long Ill love him too. Good to see a heel Rhodes and Ted Jr together.

I am sure 99% of people watching NOC after seeing Edge retain thought for sure Cena was about to bring home the bacon and the WWE stepped in. This is the best thing they could of done for Raw I think more People would turn into Raw to figure out whats going on and who is going to be champion then for some free money. and 2 Champs on SD that will only raise the ratings for awhile while they can enjoy it. 

It wasnt the best PPV ever, but it was good, Definently WWE thinking outside the box.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:32:16 PM by Mr Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11932 on: June 29, 2008, 11:29:40 PM »

That would be Interesting and make sense having Triple H pissed at Edge he could fued for the title on SD and Raw could get its title back, I just dont want some hurried BS to throw a Title back on Raw. Or maybe its time for Punk to CASH IN
Don't think they'll do it, but it would be cool if, at the Wedding, Punk cashes in and then takes Edge's title over to RAW.

Leading to a Six Pack Challenge at the following event.

Punk, Cena, Batista, Kane, Jericho, Mysterio. (By this point Batista will somehow of turned heel).
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11933 on: June 29, 2008, 11:33:18 PM »

That would be Interesting and make sense having Triple H pissed at Edge he could fued for the title on SD and Raw could get its title back, I just dont want some hurried BS to throw a Title back on Raw. Or maybe its time for Punk to CASH IN
Don't think they'll do it, but it would be cool if, at the Wedding, Punk cashes in and then takes Edge's title over to RAW.

Punk, Cena, Batista, Kane, Jericho, Mysterio. (By this point Batista will somehow of turned heel).
He did make the comment to Edge a few weeks back he might cash in wedding night.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11934 on: June 29, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »

He did make the comment to Edge a few weeks back he might cash in wedding night.
Exactly!  Although it seems since creative doesn't know what to do with him he shows up at every event, talks to every title holder and teases cashing in before walking off again and doing nothing, wrestling nobody.  I guess it's just hard to believe they'll pull the trigger on him and push him.  Just like Mysterio was one of the most jobbed out World Champions, Punk is without a doubt the most jobbed out MITB winner, I mean at first he only jobbed to top tier talent and things were ok, but when they jobbed him cleanly to a midcarder like....The Miz, I mean come on, I thought when he first won it, and still do sometimes, that Punk will be the 1st MITB winner to cash in and....lose.

What about Bob?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 08:01:15 AM by Hammy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11935 on: June 30, 2008, 10:03:27 AM »

My review of NOC

Match of the night by far was Kofi Kingston vs Chris Jericho. This match had it all. Great wrestling, great near finishes and an excellent ending.

I hated the Edge/Batista ending...... It was just too jumbled and fucked.  Why didnt Edge just take a count out and be done with it or get DQ'ed for hitting the ref? just a clusterfuck ending in my opinion. Also, why didnt Chavo fast count? made Batista look bitchy. He just got hit by the belt for fuck's sake.

Here is how I wouldve booked the Jericho match

Great that Kofi is getting a rub BUT, it just doesnt make a whole lot of sense seeing as he jobbed to JBL on Raw.......

Here is what should've happened. Matt has the US Title on ECW

SD now has two world titles and the Tag champ is on ECW............... weird

anyhow, They shouldve had Jeff Hardy be the mystery opponent and defeat Jericho thus taking the IC title to SD. Let matt defend US Title on ECW/Raw

Love the new announce teams. JR with Mick Foley is gonna be awesome! Ive always liked Micheal Cole with the King also.

PPV was very solid. great show of strength by Cena picking HHH up out of the Ode To Benoit.

Top 3 matches:
1.Jericho vs Kofi
2. Matt vs Chavo
3. HHH vs Cena
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:05:12 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11936 on: June 30, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »

Wasnt able to watch it as Sky couldnt get the ordering right - but was charged for it anyway

Thanks guys Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11937 on: June 30, 2008, 03:30:21 PM »

I did read an article stating that WWE was looking to Push Mark Henry and to get more Blacks on WWE TV as the demograph has faded some and they feel they could pick up some viewers. With a general Face in Kofi and a Heal in Henry that could work.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11938 on: June 30, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »

^I'm sure Michael Hayes came up with that one.

Anyway, it's interesting that there's now 2 World Champions on SD but this doesn't get me more points for Cena in the WWE game. Angry

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11939 on: July 01, 2008, 03:54:29 AM »

Just finished Watching NOC and raw tonight. Lots of wreslting for me this evening.

NOC was OK. I actually liked the ending to the edge/batista match. I was laughing my ass off, man I just thought it was hilarious. Escpecially since earlier that night Edge was telling anyone who would listen  he doesn't need help.  hihi

Raw was exceptionally good. In a wierd way. Because to me it almost felt like watching a very good episode of smackdown. Just because it had Rey, batista, edge, Cole and with Cena and Jbl going at it, plus the world heavywieght title. Seemed like smackdown in a way. Just seemed kinda wierd.

I loved edge's promo at the start of the show. I don't watch smackdown much but damn he can cut a promo sometimes. That was good. Glad they gave CM Punk the title. The whole show just seemed to flow better with minor hiccups in the womens match, Jericho's promo seemed off. He got no heat. And though I thought Rhodes and ted jr did a good job nobody cared because nobody gives two shits about hardcore holly and what they did to him.

Overall Raw seemed fresh. Absolutely loved the santino/rey stuff. Man it was done well. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Batista should definetly go heel and give punk all kinds of shit for the way he won the title. Show some jealous rage and shit.

When's the last time a world title has been defended on raw?? Twice no less. With actual pin-falls and not a shitty dq finish. I know it wasn't really two matches persay but I guess i liked it because I am a fan of CM punk and seeing him get a push was really kool. The crowd seemed really into it. In both "matches." Probably because Edge does such a good job of making people hate him and because JBL/cena shit was done well. The security shit was stupid but though overall it played well. Glad too see Cryme Time at the end. Hopefully they will be fueding with Rhodes and ted jr. soon. 

As you can tell I liked raw alot tonight and hope I continue to enjoy it.  smoking
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:57:38 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: