Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826708 times)
Evolution
« Reply #11900 on: June 27, 2008, 07:44:14 AM »

Im going back to my original idea od Cade being his partner. Cade has a price

I reckon Lance Cade is getting the singles push that the millions have demanded. I would say who I think will be DiBiase's partner, but I don't want people copying me for Powerslam Predictions  Grin
Your not prediciting the partner though, just the winners of the match and by what method (pin, sub etc.)

Ah, you'll see what I mean when I PM you!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11901 on: June 27, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »

Damnit, with this draft i might have to watch Smackdown again

I might just ditch the entire thing altogether - I aint watching 4 hrs of WWE a week

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11902 on: June 27, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »

and Vinne Mac getting injured - sounds like they are relaunching the 'who killed Vince' angle that Benoit screwed

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11903 on: June 27, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

I might just ditch the entire thing altogether - I aint watching 4 hrs of WWE a week

Raw is pretty awful now...I agree...but I dont like Smackdown because its a taped show.....I love how Raw gives up 2 of their top 3 guys (Hardy,HHH) as well as Kennedy, and all they get in return are 2 big dumb ox's with no personality(Batista and Kane) who couldnt cut a promo if their lives depended on it....Jericho and HBK are going to have to carry Raw now, and they are feuding with eachother at the moment, which makes me wonder what WWE is going to do with the other 1 hour and 50 minutes every monday night...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11904 on: June 27, 2008, 04:45:26 PM »

If I was you and spent my every post slating the product I'd quit watching it to.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11905 on: June 27, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »

Well, real-life animosity usually translates into an awesome match drool

Lets not forget Matt Hardy & Edge's awesome brawls, and killer matches.  yes

And speaking of HHH and Taker, they had a superb match at Wrestlemania 17 which spilled all over the arena.

Yeah, Matt and Edge's matches were definately some of the best in recent years.

And HHH vs 'Taker at WMX7 is definately up there with Razor Ramone vs HBK at WMX, and HHH vs Cactus Jack at No Way Out 2000 for me drool
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:59:36 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11906 on: June 28, 2008, 07:40:49 AM »

If I was you and spent my every post slating the product I'd quit watching it to.

Some of us have standards - the reason WWE hauls itself along in its present format is because several million people each week don't have any

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11907 on: June 28, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »

Some of us have standards - the reason WWE hauls itself along in its present format is because several million people each week don't have any
I have standards thats why I don't watch TNA, I think it's awful.

And considering your every post slates WWE in every which way, with you rarely if ever finding a positive, I don't know why you waste your time on any of it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11908 on: June 28, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »

I actually caught Impact Thursday night, and the in-ring action was really good.

The promos are beyond terrible, but I think they have a great product between the ropes.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11909 on: June 28, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »

And considering your every post slates WWE in every which way, with you rarely if ever finding a positive, I don't know why you waste your time on any of it.

Tna is bad because of two things: Vince Russo and Reverse Battle Royals. (yes I actually downloaded one and seen it and it makes no sense to me why people would fight outside the ring instead of quickly sliding in.) The only thing they are missing is David Arquette as World Champion to hit the trifecta.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11910 on: June 28, 2008, 11:40:59 AM »

I really enjoyed Smackdown this week. Had a really cool feel to it, kind of like 2001 Smackdown again.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11911 on: June 28, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »

Yeah it did have a fresh feeling to it like you werent sure 100% was was going to Happen every minute.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11912 on: June 28, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »

I thought it was quite hilarious that Rey Mysterio was only slightly taller than Hornswoggle.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11913 on: June 28, 2008, 06:44:37 PM »

I thought it was quite hilarious that Rey Mysterio was only slightly taller than Hornswoggle.
Mysterio's taller Shocked
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11914 on: June 28, 2008, 07:31:59 PM »

Anyone read Bret Hart's book yet or is planning to buy it?

Bret Hart: My Real Life In The Cartoon World of Wrestling

My father purchased it and received it today and I have began reading. I'm not a big Bret fan (infact I think he's an egotistical sum-bitch) but maybe this book may change my mind on him, although I doubt it, I'm willing to give it a chance. It's gonna take me a while to get through this though; 570 odd pages. As far as I know it has yet to hit American and UK stores, but for those that have bought it directly from Canada or online, they say it is a very interesting and compelling read, and has been quoted as "One of if not THE best Wrestling book of all time." Powerslam editior Fin Martin also "highly recommends it to any wrestling fan." Those are all some strong reviews so it shall be interesting to see how someone who isn't a Bret fan like myself makes of it. I have read many wrestling books, the last one being Chris Jericho: A Lions Tale which was one of the best wrestling books I've ever read, right up there with William Regal: Walking A Golden Mile and Adam Copeland On Edge. It will also be interesting to see if his thoughts and views shared in this book are parallel with those in the Bret Hart Documentary; "Wrestling With Shadows" which I thought was an amazing piece of film. (Notice how I didn't say Wrestling DVD there)

Anyways if anybody here did read this book what did they think?

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11915 on: June 28, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »

I bought it from Canada about 6 months ago, about ?20 altogether.

This is the best wrestling autobiography I've read, perhaps the best book I've ever read. Highly detailed, well written & truthful (Bret often makes note of his own flaws). I found this to be a very interesting read, especially the chapters about Vince & Michaels. The chapter about Owens death is a really emotional one, I dare you not to get caught up in this one.

Even if your not a Hitman fan, you've gotta admire the dedication he put into the book, keeping voice diaries for years and you can really tell how well thought out it is. I would reccommened this book to anyone, wrestling fan or not, it touches on so many areas other than wrestling.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11916 on: June 28, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »

I bought it from Canada about 6 months ago, about ?20 altogether.

This is the best wrestling autobiography I've read, perhaps the best book I've ever read. Highly detailed, well written & truthful (Bret often makes note of his own flaws). I found this to be a very interesting read, especially the chapters about Vince & Michaels. The chapter about Owens death is a really emotional one, I dare you not to get caught up in this one.

Even if your not a Hitman fan, you've gotta admire the dedication he put into the book, keeping voice diaries for years and you can really tell how well thought out it is. I would reccommened this book to anyone, wrestling fan or not, it touches on so many areas other than wrestling.
Sounds cool, may have to check it out.

My only issue with him would probably be he's his own biggest mark.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11917 on: June 28, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »

I'm not quite sure why but I find this very funny.  rofl rofl rofl Easily ammused I supose....

I haven't read any of the wrestlers books though I've kinda always wanted to read Foley's and Jericho's. For those who have read most of them, if you could only read one which would it be?? Though I do read, I find myself lacking the patience or time to sit down and just read anymore very often. So when I do sit down its gotta kinda really grab me to keep reading.   smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11918 on: June 28, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »

I'm not quite sure why but I find this very funny.  rofl rofl rofl Easily ammused I supose....

I haven't read any of the wrestlers books though I've kinda always wanted to read Foley's and Jericho's. For those who have read most of them, if you could only read one which would it be?? Though I do read, I find myself lacking the patience or time to sit down and just read anymore very often. So when I do sit down its gotta kinda really grab me to keep reading.   smoking
I'm easily amused to, and easily bored, probably why I've only got through HBK's book, it's received critcism for, well, not being totally truthful, but I found it a real good read, although that's probably cos he's my fave wrestler to.  The DVD of his that came out a few months ago makes a good companion to it as well, if your a big fan, I'd pick up both, well worth it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11919 on: June 28, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »

Shit, I didnt know Bret's book was out yet.

Goin to amazon to order it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: