Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:27:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827295 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11880 on: June 25, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »

They say HHH and taker don't get along

Whose "they?"

On my Triple H dvd from 2002, there is an interview with The Undertaker where he essentially says Triple H is the only wrestler to have earned his respect, and that if he were to start his own federation, Triple H's name would be the first name on his list.

A) That's 6 years since and.....(Triple H's backstage ways may of changed over the years, they may of got along then...)

B) WWE DVDs although generally good are not always reliable for having wrestlers speak the truth. 

Yeah I guess you're right, but:

A) They've been on different shows since the brand split, so I don't see how they would have much interaction backstage except for joint PPVs.

B) If any wrestler is going to tell it like it is, I'd say that wrestler would probably be The Undertaker Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #11881 on: June 25, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »

A total of 28 WWE Superstars changed brands following Monday's live Draft on Raw and today's Supplemental Draft on WWE.com. Here is a complete breakdown of all the moves.

Talent Joining Raw (10)
Rey Mysterio
CM Punk
Michael Cole
Batista
Kane
Jamie Noble
Deuce
Chuck Palumbo
Matt Striker
Layla

Talent Leaving Raw (11)
Jeff Hardy
Jim Ross
Umaga
Mr. Kennedy
Triple H
Trevor Murdoch
DH Smith
Super Crazy
Brian Kendrick
Maria
Carlito

Talent Joining SmackDown (12)
Jeff Hardy
Jim Ross
Umaga
Mr. Kennedy
Triple H
Trevor Murdoch
Big Daddy V
DH Smith
Brian Kendrick
Maria
Shelton Benjamin
Carlito

Talent Leaving SmackDown (10)
Rey Mysterio
Matt Hardy
Michael Cole
Batista
Mark Henry
Jamie Noble
Deuce
Hornswoggle
Chuck Palumbo
Finlay

Talent Joining ECW (5)
Matt Hardy
Mark Henry
Hornswoggle
Super Crazy
Finlay

Talent Leaving ECW (6)
CM Punk
Kane
Big Daddy V
Matt Striker
Shelton Benjamin
Layla
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11882 on: June 25, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »

Whose "they?"

On my Triple H dvd from 2002, there is an interview with The Undertaker where he essentially says Triple H is the only wrestler to have earned his respect, and that if he were to start his own federation, Triple H's name would be the first name on his list.

A) That's 6 years since and.....(Triple H's backstage ways may of changed over the years, they may of got along then...)

B) WWE DVDs although generally good are not always reliable for having wrestlers speak the truth. 

Yeah I guess you're right, but:

A) They've been on different shows since the brand split, so I don't see how they would have much interaction backstage except for joint PPVs.

B) If any wrestler is going to tell it like it is, I'd say that wrestler would probably be The Undertaker Wink

A) Yeah but when they have WWE Meetings for all talent and Trippers supposedly leads proceedings....

B) I agree with that but I'm still skeptical about what's shown on DVDs, one thing Taker knows best is what's good for business and he wouldn't bad mouth the top star "out of character".
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11883 on: June 25, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »

Whose "they?"

Impactwrestling.com reported that :As noted on WrestleZone Radio last Tuesday, it was either Triple H or John Cena going to SD!. Triple H must have agreed to the move because Cena had been the original plan. It looks as if 'Taker is headed to RAW with the ending tonight so that keeps the two off the same brand to avoid issues(i took this as them not getting along, so maybe i exaggerated but i had read elsewhere previously that they do not get along). That explains why Cena wasn't drafted.

They also said: Some were upset with the draft. Many on RAW are hoping Triple H doesn't end up back on the show. Many feel that if he stays off of RAW, it will open up opportunities for others on the show. Most figure that as long as Triple H is around, he will dominate the top storylines and keep people from advancing upward.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11884 on: June 25, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »

Well, real-life animosity usually translates into an awesome match drool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11885 on: June 25, 2008, 04:58:43 PM »

Exactly.

What people often forget is, before the Screwjob Finish at Survivor Series '97, HBK and Bret were having a damn fine match.
Evolution
« Reply #11886 on: June 25, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »

It was a pretty good brawl if I remember right, with ultra-heat.

Remember when World Title matches had the customary crowd brawl, stage weapon smash and backdrop on the concrete?
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11887 on: June 25, 2008, 05:04:43 PM »

Lets not forget Matt Hardy & Edge's awesome brawls, and killer matches.  yes

And speaking of HHH and Taker, they had a superb match at Wrestlemania 17 which spilled all over the arena.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11888 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

To add triple hhh's move I forgot to put in this too. Again courtesy of www.impactwrestling.com with a source going to wrestling obvserver. I like the site because i dont get pop-ups and its news board is easily readable and dont have to worry about adds every single time you click a story.

One reason Triple H was moved to SmackDown is due to a scheduling matter. The schedule on Smackdown is actually a lot more convenient for him, especially considering that wife Stephanie McMahon-Levesque is due to give birth in about a month and will be taking the babies on the road upon her return to work. The regular Raw show schedule runs from Friday to Monday, so he is always on his own on the road because Stephanie doesn't attend house shows. However, Stephanie always attends the weekly Tuesday SmackDown tapings, whereas Triple H is at home or on a plane going home. When he was on Raw, they pretty much only saw each other on Monday, the latter part of Wednesday, entire Thursdays, and the early part of Friday. Now that he's on SmackDown, he can see Stephanie and the kids Monday through at least Friday. The weekly SmackDown schedule doesn't start until Saturday night, so that gives them part of another day to be together some weeks. Instead of seeing his family for parts of three or four days a week, he should usually be able to see them as many as six days a week.

The scheduling issue wasn't the only reason for the move because the SmackDown brand was in dire need of a huge new star to say the least. Also, Triple H's move to SmackDown should give the show a ratings boost when it moves to MyNetworkTV this fall.

So there you have it, this scheduling thing and ratings are probably the main reasons he's leaving raw. But there still have been reports of undertaker wanting to be on raw in the past and them not getting along so they say he has requested to stay on smackdown for some time so he doesn't have to deal with all of HHH politics. Which people have said samckdown is better to be on because HHH isn't there.smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11889 on: June 25, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »

It was a pretty good brawl if I remember right, with ultra-heat.

Remember when World Title matches had the customary crowd brawl, stage weapon smash and backdrop on the concrete?
Oh yeah, it was like 10 minutes before the match officially started.  With all the heat it was great, it's the little things that make these matches, the reaction Shawn got for "Violating" the Canadian Flag was classic.

When I think of customary crowd brawls I generally think back to Austin working his way through the crowd and all over the place.  Attitude Era matches really took place in the Arena now they just take place in the Ring, if you catch my draft, you just don't see the Popcorn Stands anymore. hihi
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11890 on: June 25, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »

To add triple hhh's move I forgot to put in this too. Again courtesy of www.impactwrestling.com with a source going to wrestling obvserver. I like the site because i dont get pop-ups and its news board is easily readable and dont have to worry about adds every single time you click a story.

One reason Triple H was moved to SmackDown is due to a scheduling matter. The schedule on Smackdown is actually a lot more convenient for him, especially considering that wife Stephanie McMahon-Levesque is due to give birth in about a month and will be taking the babies on the road upon her return to work. The regular Raw show schedule runs from Friday to Monday, so he is always on his own on the road because Stephanie doesn't attend house shows. However, Stephanie always attends the weekly Tuesday SmackDown tapings, whereas Triple H is at home or on a plane going home. When he was on Raw, they pretty much only saw each other on Monday, the latter part of Wednesday, entire Thursdays, and the early part of Friday. Now that he's on SmackDown, he can see Stephanie and the kids Monday through at least Friday. The weekly SmackDown schedule doesn't start until Saturday night, so that gives them part of another day to be together some weeks. Instead of seeing his family for parts of three or four days a week, he should usually be able to see them as many as six days a week.

The scheduling issue wasn't the only reason for the move because the SmackDown brand was in dire need of a huge new star to say the least. Also, Triple H's move to SmackDown should give the show a ratings boost when it moves to MyNetworkTV this fall.

So there you have it, this scheduling thing and ratings are probably the main reasons he's leaving raw. But there still have been reports of undertaker wanting to be on raw in the past and them not getting along so they say he has requested to stay on smackdown for some time so he doesn't have to deal with all of HHH politics. Which people have said samckdown is better to be on because HHH isn't there.smoking
Thanks for reading my post dude.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11891 on: June 25, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »

Yeah but in his defence this thread is seeing a fair bit of activity, tricky to keep up with things, heck when I made my last post it said 2 had been made while I was typing, just like ol' times!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11892 on: June 25, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »

rofl rofl rofl Ya sorry about that..i was skimming and saw that one post you did about who they were so just responded to that. And didnt read your other post...damn that was retarded.  rofl My friend also called me and told me about this though..which I thought was pretty funny. Hopefully my skimming showed this wasn't posted yet.  rofl

Per: Texas cable news.  http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/houston/stories/khou080624_tnt_mcmahon.350d2fe4.html

WWE chairman hurt in freak accident

11:21 AM CDT on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

KHOU.com staff report

HOUSTON -- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was injured in a freak accident in San Antonio Monday night. Just moments after giving away $500,000 in ?McMahon?s Million Dollar Mania,? McMahon was crushed by a large electric sign that fell from the AT&T Center.

The extent of his injuries was unclear, but he was rushed to the hospital.

WrestleMania officials planned to update fans on McMahon?s condition at a press conference in Houston Tuesday.

WWE stars were scheduled to be on hand at the Toyota Center before filming SmackDown and ECW at the arena.

They actually reported it as real news.  rofl Dumbasses  hihi smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11893 on: June 25, 2008, 05:21:09 PM »

rofl rofl rofl Ya sorry about that..i was skimming and saw that one post you did about who they were so just responded to that. And didnt read your other post...damn that was retarded.  rofl My friend also called me and told me about this though..which I thought was pretty funny. Hopefully my skimming showed this wasn't posted yet.  rofl

Per: Texas cable news.  http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/houston/stories/khou080624_tnt_mcmahon.350d2fe4.html

WWE chairman hurt in freak accident

11:21 AM CDT on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

KHOU.com staff report

HOUSTON -- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was injured in a freak accident in San Antonio Monday night. Just moments after giving away $500,000 in ?McMahon?s Million Dollar Mania,? McMahon was crushed by a large electric sign that fell from the AT&T Center.

The extent of his injuries was unclear, but he was rushed to the hospital.

WrestleMania officials planned to update fans on McMahon?s condition at a press conference in Houston Tuesday.

WWE stars were scheduled to be on hand at the Toyota Center before filming SmackDown and ECW at the arena.

They actually reported it as real news.  rofl Dumbasses  hihi smoking
You bastard...and to think I always read your posts....  hihi nah, just kidding, it's all good man.  beer

The wrestling world really is buzzing again, aint it guys...lets hope it stays like this for a good while at least. Not so long ago, this thread had died...no one had posted for weeks.

Oh, and didn't they also report in the news about McMahon getting blown up in his limo...like the exact same time last year? Think they would have learned their lesson by now!  hihi

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11894 on: June 25, 2008, 05:28:01 PM »

The wrestling world really is buzzing again, aint it guys...lets hope it stays like this for a good while at least. Not so long ago, this thread had died...no one had posted for weeks.

For the first time the draft gives me a real sense of excitement on whats to come on RAW. I have always watched raw every week. Its the wrestling show I try to never miss unless it really starts sucking. I mean really really bad.

I would like to see a possible Batista heel turn. A push for CM Punk. A possible push for Jericho now that HHH is gone. It allows me to watch Mysterio every week. That guy is just awesome in the ring.  I really am excited to see what they do. And than Taker's return to raw gets me really pumped. Hopefully we finally get a HBK-Undertaker fued again.  That would be fuckin awesome. Grin ok ok The possiblities of whats to come is what is getting me excited.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11895 on: June 25, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »

So with DH Smith moving shows, it looks like he won't be Ted Dibiase's mystery partner, so who will?

Cody Rhodes?

Deuce? (Jimmy Snuka Jnr.)

JBL?

Windham Rotunda? (I.R.S. Jnr.)

Joe Hennig? (Mr. Perfect Jnr.)

Other?
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11896 on: June 25, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »

So with DH Smith moving shows, it looks like he won't be Ted Dibiase's mystery partner, so who will?

Cody Rhodes?

Deuce? (Jimmy Snuka Jnr.)

JBL?

Windham Rotunda? (I.R.S. Jnr.)

Joe Hennig? (Mr. Perfect Jnr.)

Other?
I'm sticking with Joe Hennig.

Just like I said to you earlier Hammy.

One is simply Priceless.....the other is simply Perfect.

Jesus, I bet the writers couldn't even come up with something as cool as that.  hihi

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11897 on: June 25, 2008, 10:46:18 PM »

Im going back to my original idea od Cade being his partner. Cade has a price

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #11898 on: June 26, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »

I reckon Lance Cade is getting the singles push that the millions have demanded. I would say who I think will be DiBiase's partner, but I don't want people copying me for Powerslam Predictions  Grin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11899 on: June 26, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »

I reckon Lance Cade is getting the singles push that the millions have demanded. I would say who I think will be DiBiase's partner, but I don't want people copying me for Powerslam Predictions  Grin
Your not prediciting the partner though, just the winners of the match and by what method (pin, sub etc.)
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: