Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827125 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11860 on: June 24, 2008, 02:18:55 AM »

i agree with you on the hardy thing i don't watch alot of smack down either cuase half the time i have  a life on friday nights. As for flair, fuck off the man man. I love that old fart.....i miss the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and whats the fucking point of switching anouncers? JR didn't like that one at all. niether did cole to much. JR has always been RAW and should stay there. how bout to stir things up they get rid of that fuck stain from ECW that can't anounce for shit.

peace

Fuck Flair. The dude is old as a mother fucker and looks pathetic in the ring compared to what he was. He got the send-off above all other send-offs and they bring him back less than 3 months later?? Fucking retarted. He is not needed. Flair's shit is old and tired and needs to go away. I was a huge fan of flair but I am not excited to have him back on raw. Anything he is involved in is a segment i will definetly not be watching. rant

Here are my comments on the draft.

I should start out by saying because smackdown sucked for so long and is on fridays i barely watch it anymore. Usually if i can i watch the begining and end..but mostly just read the spoilers.

I am pissed about some aspects of the draft. Splitting up J.R. and the king pisses me off. Because I assoiciate raw with J.R. and King and love them. I was upset when one would leave but was always happy to have them back together. Until these fuckers retire they should be on raw because they are the best announce team the wwe has ever had. I will miss J.R. immensly each and every week on raw.

I like the fact I get to watch mysterio and cm punk on raw each and every week. If they use kane right he can be somewhat entertaining as well. I'm very upset though that Jeff Hardy and Kennedy, two of my faves, are no longer on RAW.

I hope moving HHH to smackdown is a long-term thing. I like HHH but I am getting tired of him. Its the same thing over and over and over and over. I would much perfer to not have to watch him on the show i watch everyweek.

The ending of raw was kinda retarded. At first I was like what the fuck but pretty soon you knew it was a work. At least this looked cooler than the limo exploding. Immediatly on wwe.com they used this as an excuse to stop the million dollar promotion. Which I didn't mind to much, ya it was dumb but hey it was pretty fuckin funny when tonight a guy said wrong number and hung up.  rofl Luckily for the guy that won vince called back unlike the other time when vince called the guy a loser on his voicemail when he didnt answer for 50 grand. dumbass.  rofl

How about that hit batista and edge took? Fucking nasty. Apparently Batista go a little fucked up after that.

Raw was OK at best, I was interested to see if the rumors of them really shaking things up would come true. Apparently Vince didnt tell the announcers they were being moved and they found out when we did. Thats pretty fucked up and you could tell J.R. was pissed and Cole seemed dissappointed to not be on smackdown anymore. He said he commentated on every episode but 2 in its entire existance.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11861 on: June 24, 2008, 12:40:21 PM »

RAW was interesting to say the least.  I have though really got to stop watching it LIVE, I'm so tired that I think that can often hinder my enjoyment.

The Great Khali stuff was hilarious as was Vince fucking up and telling someone they were wrong.

Word is there isn't going to be a Supplemental Draft, which is dumb, we need one, ECW NEEDS one.

The Commentary action definately stole the show, it was shoot city, from JR's reaction, to EVERYONE ripping Adamle; Foley despite his Barbwire Matches considering calling a match with Adamle his Ultimate Challenge hihi , and Tazz at the end guessing that the guys getting drafted would be yet more from ECW.

I think overall the moves were good and should help freshen things up. Seeing Rey Mysterio and CM Punk tangle with the likes of Jericho and Michaels could lead to some fantastic matches.  Hopefully Batista coming to RAW will lead to a long awaited heel turn and partnership with Randy Orton that was teased not so long since and they could take some young stars under their wing.  Triple H, Jeff Hardy and Jim Ross to Smackdown is Great! people complain it sucks because they don't watch it and they really like those wrestlers, well guess what?  That's why they did it, so you do start watching it, the shake up was done to increase ratings.  The negative of the Draft is that they did so little for ECW, they got one guy, that's just dumb.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11862 on: June 24, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »

The negative of the Draft is that they did so little for ECW, they got one guy, that's just dumb.
Not exactly. Very soon the WWE is going to start taping ECW at Raw shows instead of Smackdown. This was the plan months ago, and judging by ECW only getting one guy in the draft last night, it looks as if they are sticking with it. The reason behind this is simply to create more intrest in the 3rd brand. Thats probably why Kane jumped to Raw last night aswell. Instead of before were Smackdown guys appeared on ECW, Raw guys will be appearing. The likes of Kane, and CM Punk will still be there.

As for Smackdown..it's been left on it's own now. Individual tapings on Tuesday nights, but with the likes of Jeff Hardy, Triple H, and Hall of Fame commentator Jim Ross being added to the show, it will finally help bring it on par with Raw after all these years..and may quite possibly make it....dare I say....watchable.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11863 on: June 24, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »

Jim Ross nearly quit WWE last night after being drafted to SmackDown. He posted a new blog on his official website moments ago, stating that he was informed of the decision the same time fans were when they were watching on television. Below are some excerpts from his recent blog:

On being drafted to SmackDown: "I am not happy about this surprise development."

How he almost quit last night: "I also contemplated calling it a career Monday night and not going to Houston to tape SD."

When he decided to stay: "After speaking with my wife and thinking on this matter until 6 a.m. Tuesday morning, I have decided to do the right thing for the fans who care and the talent who care and begin my new assignment."

Why he was moved: "It has been explained to me that the WWE's Smackdown tenure on My Network is a high priority within the corporation. Allegedly, my presence is needed in that effort."

Reluctant to do post production: "As far as going to Connecticut each week to do Smackdown post production, that's not going to happen. Either Mick Foley can handle it or the WWE can install a DSL line in my home to facilitate the work."

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #11864 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »

WWE had gotten incredibly stale as of late. Every month it was some combination of HHH, Randy Orton, and John Cena fighting for the WWE Championship, and Edge, Undertaker, and Batista fighting for the World Heavyweight Championship. At least last night they made a pretty good attempt to shake things up and create some fresh new storylines and feuds.

I wasn't surprised to see Jeff Hardy go to Smackdown. But like everyone else, I'm a bit disappointed, just because I'm not usually at home on Fridays to watch Smackdown and Jeff Hardy is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. I think, though, by him being on Smackdown, he's more likely to get a much deserved title run. For some time now, Jeff Hardy has been the hottest, most exciting wrestler in the WWE. They always tease that they're going to let him win the title, then go with the same ol', same ol' and throw Cena in the main event instead. I think Hardy will finally get his shot on the Smackdown brand to prove he's a main eventer.

Sucks about J.R. and Jerry Lawler splitting up. They made a great tandem.

I think WWE might as well do away with ECW. I mean, nobody watches it anyway, and last night ECW just got even worse, losing Kane and CM Punk. I mean, you could see how pathetic ECW is when they had that battle royal. Frickin' Matt Hardy is their biggest draw. That's pretty sad.

I'm interested in seeing what they do with the belts now. I guess one World Championship will change hands, so each brand can have their own World Champion. I actually think it'd be cooler, though, if both Edge and HHH won, putting both world titles on Smackdown. Or the other way around, I guess, with Batista and John Cena being World Champions on Raw.

I still think WWE has way too many belts. Is it really necessary to have TWO tag-team championships?

Now that he's lost so much weight and can actually move around again, I really think Big Show should get a long title run--- and I don't mean with the ECW champsionship, which doesn't mean shit. With his size and power and decent mic skills, Big Show could be the most dominant wrestler in the business. Let him destroy every opponent and then eventually lose to a rising star like Jeff Hardy or Mr. Kennedy, putting that person over huge.

Does anybody know where they're going with the Vince McMahon thing at the end of the show? Usually things like that are explained by Undertaker and his evil dark magic . . . but nothing seemed Undertaker'ish about last night's events. Has somebody put a curse on Vince McMahon?

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #11865 on: June 24, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »

Oh, and I also loved the surprise of Smackdown drafting HHH. I don't think anybody saw that one coming. I figured HHH was pretty much guaranteed to stay on Raw. I was expecting the big "shocker" at the end to be Randy Orton getting drafted to Smackdown, not HHH.

Here Today . . .
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11866 on: June 24, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »

Does anybody know where they're going with the Vince McMahon thing at the end of the show? Usually things like that are explained by Undertaker and his evil dark magic . . . but nothing seemed Undertaker'ish about last night's events. Has somebody put a curse on Vince McMahon?

Possible Spoiler. I dont know about people here, but i have friends of mine that don't like to know anything that is spoilerish.

Apparently it does have to do with the undertaker. I don't know how its going to be worked in but hopefully it plays out good. Also, from what i've they were debating on sending HHH or Cena over to smackdown. They say HHH and taker don't get along so with taker going back to raw the decision to send HHH over to smackdown was made. 

End Possible Spoiler

I hope jericho gets a push now that HHH is on smackdown.

I wonder with wwe putting guys on Smackdown and wanting to make it better for my network tv that raw might suffer because of it. Could it be possible if smackdown does well on the new network that it becomes the new flagship show? That would be unlikely i think but if it did happen I would be very dissappointed because its easier for me to watch wrestling on monday.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11867 on: June 24, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »

The negative of the Draft is that they did so little for ECW, they got one guy, that's just dumb.
Not exactly. Very soon the WWE is going to start taping ECW at Raw shows instead of Smackdown. This was the plan months ago, and judging by ECW only getting one guy in the draft last night, it looks as if they are sticking with it. The reason behind this is simply to create more intrest in the 3rd brand. Thats probably why Kane jumped to Raw last night aswell. Instead of before were Smackdown guys appeared on ECW, Raw guys will be appearing. The likes of Kane, and CM Punk will still be there.
Yeah but they try to push it as it's own brand.  When the roster is so non-existent, what's the point?  Why not just call it Tuesday Night RAW?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11868 on: June 24, 2008, 08:01:49 PM »

Yeah but they try to push it as it's own brand.  When the roster is so non-existent, what's the point?  Why not just call it Tuesday Night RAW?

Because theu basically need the ECW to sell PPV and TV events with another TITLE Hanging around. I think Kane is going to now retain at NOC with Raw and ECW taping together. Both Punk, Cane and more are going to keep showing up on ECW, and I think ECW will be loosing Morrison for sure somehow since he is on most SD and is becoming a good midcard on SD, I cant seem him staying on ECW buried under Raw talent.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11869 on: June 24, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »

Because theu basically need the ECW to sell PPV and TV events with another TITLE Hanging around. I think Kane is going to now retain at NOC with Raw and ECW taping together. Both Punk, Cane and more are going to keep showing up on ECW, and I think ECW will be loosing Morrison for sure somehow since he is on most SD and is becoming a good midcard on SD, I cant seem him staying on ECW buried under Raw talent.
They need ECW to sell PPVs?  Well everyone knows they aren't the real deal so the name value does nothing, I'm not saying cancel the show, just change it's name/identity.

I'm guessing as far as the Main Event scene.  Edge and Triple H will have a confrontation sometime this week leading into the PPV.  Edge will retain against Batista and with his move to RAW their feud is then over.  Later in the night, Ref Bump, Edge runs down, spears Triple H, Cena pins him, end of their feud since Trips is on a different show.  Triple H pissed off goes after Edge, Cena meanwhile has to deal with Batista who wants a World Title.

*Note, I'll be reading taping results tomorrow so I'll know how the PPV will be shaping up for this weekend so hopefully we can get Powerslam Predictions going.

Assuming they don't add a Diva Title match at Smackdown that won't be an issue, as for the IC Title match, after last night on wwe.com they are teasing who will face Jericho, assuming they don't announce it to the show, the prediction will be made as "Chris Jericho vs Mystery Opponent"
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11870 on: June 24, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »

They need ECW to sell PPVs?  Well everyone knows they aren't the real deal so the name value does nothing, I'm not saying cancel the show, just change it's name/identity.

I'm guessing as far as the Main Event scene.  Edge and Triple H will have a confrontation sometime this week leading into the PPV.  Edge will retain against Batista and with his move to RAW their feud is then over.  Later in the night, Ref Bump, Edge runs down, spears Triple H, Cena pins him, end of their feud since Trips is on a different show.  Triple H pissed off goes after Edge, Cena meanwhile has to deal with Batista who wants a World Title.

*Note, I'll be reading taping results tomorrow so I'll know how the PPV will be shaping up for this weekend so hopefully we can get Powerslam Predictions going.

Assuming they don't add a Diva Title match at Smackdown that won't be an issue, as for the IC Title match, after last night on wwe.com they are teasing who will face Jericho, assuming they don't announce it to the show, the prediction will be made as "Chris Jericho vs Mystery Opponent"

I dont think they NEED it to make WWE work, But I think they need another Title so they can have more WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP matches on PPVs and TV shows. No offense but there should really only be 1 heavyweight champion and it should be a HUGE DEAL. Keeping ECW around is just another reason to have another world champion. I really think the biggst reason they keep ECW is because they got a TV deal with Sci Fi. I dont think Sci Fi wanted a 1 hour Raw recap/ Tuesday Raw, I think Vince pitched ECW as an alternative to the others with more risky matches and build it up to be the equivilant of SD or Raw, once he got the TV deal he just did what he wanted to to ECW.
1-Eliminated all the Originals.
2-Kept Dreamer around to be a jobber because of what he was blogging about the new ECW sucking.
3- Lost a drunken bet in a bar saying he could make the small guy in the bar (Colin Delaney) a Wrestler.

If anything eliminate ECW and make the SCI FI show both brands, Havign different superstars battle on there and it could get huge ratings and make a ground for fueds between brands to fight, making more space for the midcarders on both shows.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11871 on: June 25, 2008, 01:33:06 AM »

Hammy, ECW only got hardy because they are only an hour show and also because guys do kinda jump around from ecw to other shows and back throughout the year. Its not like smackdown or raw where they mostly stay only on that program. ECW has guys kinda moving around a little bit during the year so I don't think its that much of an issue. Plus its been said vince wants to use ECW as way to try to push younger/less inexperienced talent or guys that he doesnt think would be good at top billing on raw or smackdown. Basiclly it seems a like a glorified version of heat. Not that I agree in any way what so ever with what has been done with ECW. Its total crap.

I have also read Sci-fi is content with the rating their getting. Of course they would like it higher but there isn't huge pressure to make ECW ratings better.  And with raw ratings not doing as hot as they once were and smackdown moving to a new network where they may need to pull in a better rating there is more pressure to give good talent to those brands. Which basicly means ecw will continue to be extremely crappy wrestling.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11872 on: June 25, 2008, 08:18:39 AM »

Hammy, ECW only got hardy because they are only an hour show and also because guys do kinda jump around from ecw to other shows and back throughout the year. Its not like smackdown or raw where they mostly stay only on that program. ECW has guys kinda moving around a little bit during the year so I don't think its that much of an issue. Plus its been said vince wants to use ECW as way to try to push younger/less inexperienced talent or guys that he doesnt think would be good at top billing on raw or smackdown. Basiclly it seems a like a glorified version of heat. Not that I agree in any way what so ever with what has been done with ECW. Its total crap.

It's still annoying that they try to pain it as a seperate brand.  I don't have issue with it being for young/developmental talent but why not just present it as such.  I'd be happy with it being an hour wrestling show featuring the best wrestlers who don't get a chance elsewhere;

Shannon Moore
Super Crazy
Evan Bourne
Jimmy Wang Yang
John Morrison
CM Punk
Val Venis
Charlie Haas
Shelton Benjamin
Kofi Kingston
Elijah Burke
Paul London
Brian Kendrick
Jamie Noble
Gregory Helms
Matt Hardy

An ensemble roster of great in-ring guys, give them a TV Title with regular defences in the Main Event of the show and I'm sold!

In other news, the Hoss of Doom one-on-one battle has just gone one better, oh yeah, now we will see....

Mark Henry vs Big Show vs Kane.

And....

We are getting that Supplemental Draft we need.

Only two days after a handful of career-altering shake-ups occurred in the world of sports-entertainment, the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft will take place right here, Wednesday at noon ET, exclusively on WWE.com.

During the WWE Draft on Raw Monday night, WWE Champion Triple H, ECW Champion Kane and nine other Superstars were randomly selected from their home brands and forced to change loyalties. How many more will experience the same fate this Wednesday?

During last year?s WWE Supplemental Draft, 15 Superstars and Divas found themselves on new brands, including former WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick. Will this year?s WWE Supplemental Draft bring forth similar, or even greater, changes? Could more champions find themselves in new territories? Find out right here, Wednesday at noon ET, only on WWE.com.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11873 on: June 25, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »

Supplemental Draft Results:

Deuce, Chuck Palumbo, Jamie Noble, Matt Striker, Layla, Kofi Kingston to RAW.

Hornswoggle, Super Crazy, Mark Henry, Finlay to ECW.

Big Daddy V, Trevor Murdoch, DH Smith, Brian Kendrick, Maria, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito to Smackdown.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:57:02 PM by Hammy » Logged
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11874 on: June 25, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »

How many drafts are there supposed to be? I thought there was only 15 and Carlito was the last draft but Layla just got drafted to Raw.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11875 on: June 25, 2008, 03:03:37 PM »

Final draft is Kofi Kingston to Raw! damn ECW has been raped

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11876 on: June 25, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »

I'm glad JR didn't quit. He may have been better in previous years but he's still a great announcer.

Quite shocked that HHH allowed himself to be drafted to the B-show....

And for people who don't watch SD, couldn't you tape it?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11877 on: June 25, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »

Final draft is Kofi Kingston to Raw! damn ECW has been raped
No it hasn't. It's actually slightly better. It's still got CM Punk, Kofi & Kane, and it has now got Matt Hardy & Finlay aswell.  Wink

Quite shocked that HHH allowed himself to be drafted to the B-show....

One thing you should never forget. Trips always does what's best for him:

One reason Triple H was moved to SmackDown is due to a scheduling matter. The schedule on Smackdown is actually a lot more convenient for him, especially considering that wife Stephanie McMahon-Levesque is due to give birth in about a month and will be taking the babies on the road upon her return to work.

The regular Raw show schedule runs from Friday to Monday, so he is always on his own on the road because Stephanie doesn't attend house shows. However, Stephanie always attends the weekly Tuesday SmackDown tapings, whereas Triple H is at home or on a plane going home. When he was on Raw, they pretty much only saw each other on Monday, the latter part of Wednesday, entire Thursdays, and the early part of Friday. Now that he's on SmackDown, he can see Stephanie and the kids Monday through at least Friday.

The weekly SmackDown schedule doesn't start until Saturday night, so that gives them part of another day to be together some weeks. Instead of seeing his family for parts of three or four days a week, he should usually be able to see them as many as six days a week.

The scheduling issue wasn't the only reason for the move because the SmackDown brand was in dire need of a huge new star to say the least. Also, Triple H's move to SmackDown should give the show a ratings boost when it moves to MyNetworkTV this fall.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11878 on: June 25, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »

They say HHH and taker don't get along

Whose "they?"

On my Triple H dvd from 2002, there is an interview with The Undertaker where he essentially says Triple H is the only wrestler to have earned his respect, and that if he were to start his own federation, Triple H's name would be the first name on his list.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11879 on: June 25, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »

They say HHH and taker don't get along

Whose "they?"

On my Triple H dvd from 2002, there is an interview with The Undertaker where he essentially says Triple H is the only wrestler to have earned his respect, and that if he were to start his own federation, Triple H's name would be the first name on his list.

A) That's 6 years since and.....(Triple H's backstage ways may of changed over the years, they may of got along then...)

B) WWE DVDs although generally good are not always reliable for having wrestlers speak the truth. 
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: