Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827483 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11840 on: June 17, 2008, 04:39:30 PM »

Izzy wasnt the last 2 out of 3 Falls Match on a WWE PPV Ric Flair Vs Foley, with Flair winning the first 2 about 2 years ago?

Nah, last year, MVP won the US Title in a 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match against...... that well-known Canadian wrestler...... did the Crossface....

Speaking of which, it's almost been a year since that whole situation. Wow....
With it not being hardly mentioned by anyone, it actually feels like a lot longer than a year.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11841 on: June 17, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »

Izzy wasnt the last 2 out of 3 Falls Match on a WWE PPV Ric Flair Vs Foley, with Flair winning the first 2 about 2 years ago?

Nah, last year, MVP won the US Title in a 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match against...... that well-known Canadian wrestler...... did the Crossface....

What situation? You are not suppose to speak of what we don't speak of. We are not suppose to think of the situation thats unthinkable, Or talk about events that never happened.

I think the US TITLE WWE HISTORY LOOKS LIKE blowup....

Finlay defeated Bobby Lashley ------Minneapolis, MN 07-14-06 
Mr. Kennedy defeated  Finlay ------Reading, Penn. 09-01-06 
Title was mysterious stripped from Mr. Kennedy and retired for awhile Jacksonville, Florida 10-13-06 
Montel Vontavious Porter  was awarded the title after he showed up St. Louis, MO 05-20-07 
Matt Hardy defeated Montel Vontavious Porter Baltimore 04-27-08

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11842 on: June 17, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

Looks like Raw is going to keep loosing 20 minutes or so each week with Vince Practicing his Phone anwsering skills.

I got this off wrestleview:

The Figure Four Weekly is reporting that last night's 6/16 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw drew a final 3.3 cable rating. Both hours of the show drew a 3.3 rating. This is up from last week's 3.0 rating.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11843 on: June 18, 2008, 08:36:35 AM »

The Figure Four Weekly is reporting that last night's 6/16 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw drew a final 3.3 cable rating. Both hours of the show drew a 3.3 rating. This is up from last week's 3.0 rating.

It will be interesting to see what the rating is next week with the 3 Hour Raw which will feature the "Million Dollar Mania" (yet again) and of course the annual Draft Lottery.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11844 on: June 18, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »

To think the ratings used to be a solid 8.....

This might be the first Raw in 8 months I deliberately miss (i missed the KOTR by accident)

What are they doing with it - round about January it almost seemed like things were improving, i remember some wonderful Kennedy/Michaels matches....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11845 on: June 18, 2008, 04:15:08 PM »

What situation? You are not suppose to speak of what we don't speak of. We are not suppose to think of the situation thats unthinkable, Or talk about events that never happened.

I think the US TITLE WWE HISTORY LOOKS LIKE blowup....

Finlay defeated Bobby Lashley ------Minneapolis, MN 07-14-06 
Mr. Kennedy defeated  Finlay ------Reading, Penn. 09-01-06 
Title was mysterious stripped from Mr. Kennedy and retired for awhile Jacksonville, Florida 10-13-06 
Montel Vontavious Porter  was awarded the title after he showed up St. Louis, MO 05-20-07 
Matt Hardy defeated Montel Vontavious Porter Baltimore 04-27-08

And Triple H seems to have taken to using the Crossface now......

I think that Benoit will be mentioned on WWE TV again somewhere down the line. Just not any time soon.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11846 on: June 19, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »

When was the last time the Samoan jobber won a match?

What is Umaga's role in WWE? He get's his ass handed to him every single week - his whole gimmick of being tough is laughable

He's the most boring guy on the rooster - i despair every time he has a match (and his matches are obligatory it seems)

Please send him to Shitdown

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11847 on: June 19, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »

What is Umaga's role in WWE? He get's his ass handed to him every single week - his whole gimmick of being tough is laughable

He's the most boring guy on the rooster - i despair every time he has a match (and his matches are obligatory it seems)

Dude, seriously...why do you even watch wrestling?  Undecided

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11848 on: June 19, 2008, 06:33:52 PM »

I think when Introduced Umaga was WWE's anwser to TNA Samoa Joe.  Now that Joe is the champion and currect leader of original TNA talent. I think WWE is using Umaga as a JObber to make people think Samoas suck maybe???  I don't know for sure, Hell I got him in the WWE game and hes sucking for me.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11849 on: June 19, 2008, 06:43:53 PM »

Dude, seriously...why do you even watch wrestling?  Undecided

I watch WWE Raw - what does that have to do with 'wrestling'?

-I see an old man struggling to use a phone
-''Divas'' practicing the pole dancing careers they are destined for at age 30
-scores and scores of advert breaks
-two guys slapping each other in a ring

...but wrestling? Since when did that have anything to do with Raw?

Wrestling implies a certain number of moves - slap, punch, kick is a fight, thats not wrestling.

Last week, when that guy kicked your ass for being a total loser - was that a ''wrestling'' match?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11850 on: June 19, 2008, 06:45:26 PM »

I think when Introduced Umaga was WWE's anwser to TNA Samoa Joe.  Now that Joe is the champion and currect leader of original TNA talent. I think WWE is using Umaga as a JObber to make people think Samoas suck maybe???  I don't know for sure, Hell I got him in the WWE game and hes sucking for me.

seems rather crude - but thats not to say i'm disagreeing with u - WWE is certainly daft enough for it!

remember Gilberg?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11851 on: June 19, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »

I really dont know why you bother watching wwe, all you ever do is complain about how it sucks.

However, I do agree Umaga's role in the WWE is more of a jobber now but because of his size I think wwe thinks they can present him as a challenging jobber.

Originally Umaga was supose to be WWE's answer to Somoa Joe. He was basiclly a rip-off of joe. Supose to be a bigger, badder, joe but the wwe fans didn't bite so instead they've used him in a jobber form but they seem to still push his toughness so he can be considered a tough oppenent even though he just jobs. Its one of the dumber things they've done and I never liked Umaga to begin with. I would very happy if they just dropped him all together.

On another note, I don't understand why some people are big on Lance Cade. He looked awkward and out of place at the end of raw. It was like this guy is there? There is no way Cade will get over, even in this shitty climate of talent. I hope I am wrong and I end up liking him but I was not impressed with him as a tag teamer and I am not looking forward to lance cade doing anything on raw. I watched raw with a group of about 20 at a bar this past monday..and we were all like why the fuck is lance cade getting a push... smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11852 on: June 19, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »

seems rather crude - but thats not to say i'm disagreeing with u - WWE is certainly daft enough for it!

remember Gilberg?

Yeah I was thinking exactly of him and his sparkles going off and people shooting him with Fire Estinguishers when I was writing that,

Hell when Macho and Hogan left for WCW, WWF made jokes of them being old out of shape wrestlers (even though macho sterioded up and looked buff)

Then who can Forget the Fake Razor Ramon WWF brought in after NWO was starting out in WCW.

They have always been about mocking the competition.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11853 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:22 AM »

remember Gilberg?

Yeah I was thinking exactly of him and his sparkles going off and people shooting him with Fire Estinguishers when I was writing that,

Hell when Macho and Hogan left for WCW, WWF made jokes of them being old out of shape wrestlers (even though macho sterioded up and looked buff)

Then who can Forget the Fake Razor Ramon WWF brought in after NWO was starting out in WCW.

They have always been about mocking the competition.

Yeah, even in recent times that has always been the case. Remember the Kennedy/HBK fued a few months back? Kennedy brought in three guys dressed up as Marty Jannetty, Razor, and Diesel. When Razor entered the ring, Kennedy replied; "Glad you could make it here tonight chico." (Which was obviously a shot at TNA were Hall no-showed their ppv the night before.)

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11854 on: June 23, 2008, 05:13:38 AM »

I think Izzy is 100 percent correct. every wwe match is exactly the same. no variety, same moveset for each wrestler minus the finisher.

punch kick body slam, elbow drop, whip to turn buckle, chop chest,

whip to rope, bad guy reversal lands an elbow. PIcks up punch kick slam, outside of ring, throw into steel steps. back into ring

punch kick body slam, maybe a suplex

good guy reverses, lands a big move, gets up just in time, reverses, power move, power move, set up move, finisher.

WWE in a nutshell

SUCKS!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11855 on: June 23, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »

says the TNA fan?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11856 on: June 23, 2008, 02:04:52 PM »

Quite possibly the most random post ever in the HTGTH Wrestling Thread, but I was bored and felt like posting this.  Tongue

If you enjoy a cheap laugh then you may enjoy this.

Chariots of Little Naitch

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iWU5KgqZw4Y

Some will probably guess what this is before even clicking on the link....

Anyone think we should start a wrestling youtube thread?  Huh A thread to share heartwarming, must see, or downright ludicrous moments in the world of professional wrestling.

We could call it "The Human Highlight Reel." It's a fresh and original idea!

Grin

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11857 on: June 23, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »

Damnit, I was really hoping Flair would be gone for quite some time. Now already he's gonna be on raw tonight after showing up last week. Its like fuck, the dude is old as dirt, you gave him a good send-off and you bring him back in less than 3 months? Fuck, I do not want to watch Flair anymore. He WAS great. He IS NOT GREAT ANYMORE. Fuckin fuck fuck fuck.  rant smoking

Edit: Not only the flair shit but Jeff Hardy just got drafted to smackdown. Fuckin sucks. I dont watch very much smackdown and i really like watching hardy. Not a good day for me. At least I get to watch mysterio soon. smoking
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:33:23 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11858 on: June 23, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »

i agree with you on the hardy thing i don't watch alot of smack down either cuase half the time i have  a life on friday nights. As for flair, fuck off the man man. I love that old fart.....i miss the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and whats the fucking point of switching anouncers? JR didn't like that one at all. niether did cole to much. JR has always been RAW and should stay there. how bout to stir things up they get rid of that fuck stain from ECW that can't anounce for shit.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11859 on: June 23, 2008, 11:31:08 PM »

Yeah, Good ol' J.R's obviously not pleased with that one. Jeez, if body language speaks eh? I think it's more because he's lost his travelling buddy in Lawler more than anything thats pissed him off.

Jeff Hardy to Smackdown? I still thought he was pretty fresh on Raw...and Matt Hardy to ECW? Jesus what were they thinking? Now i'm going to have to watch ECW.... confused (UK fans: when does the new weekly episode be on and at what time? I honestly have no idea.)

And Triple H to Smackdown.....ha! I'll give him two weeks before he's back on Raw.

Cool McMahon storyline....don't know were they're going with it but it looked pretty authentic. I believed every second when the thing fell from the ceiling and the ramp exploded...but its when you saw the Million Dollar thing fall...that ruined it for me. Although I thought it was really cool when Cena, HHH, and Edge all ran over to help. (HBK was there too I think) ...speaking of HBK, kind of reminded me of the time HBK passed out at the end of Raw..only in this scenario it was way more dramatic.  yes

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: