Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827447 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11820 on: June 14, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

ECW is a joke, having its own World Champion making WWE have 3 of them is pointless, Atleast they could make all ECW World Title matches no DQ something to seperate it. Now they are going to Have 2 Womens Championships there isnt enough "talent" to barely support one much less too.

Now WWE has

3 World Champions
   WWE
   World
   ECW

2 Mid Card Champions
   US
   IC

2 Tag Champions
   World
   WWE

2 Womens Champions
   Divas
   Woman's Championship.

Thats 11 people in WWE company at any one time who are Champions, to make each belt work you need atleast one Performer for every one Champion to Fued, that brings us to 22 top performers and WWE doesnt have it.

Its like taking a Baseball team like the Yankees or Red Sox. Taking their 9 starting players and making 3 new teams out of them, and filling in the other six spots on each team with second rate talent. It just doesn't work, it would work about as good as Vince McMahon trying to figure out how to dial a number. I just hope he has someone hired to live in his house and dial 911 if there is a fire because if not the McMahon's are all going to be burning.

There could be a whole tread dedicated to what's wrong in WWE.

My to 3 would be

Lack of Good Tag Division like in the late 80's early 90's.
Having Vickie Guerro as a GM on TV, she's annoying, bad actress, and no offense terrible eye candy, The way Vince uses her it makes me wonder if it was Vince who shot of Eddie and made him OD with what hes doing for her wife.
The gay designs of the belts nowadays. From the Spinner to the tiny IC title, they look all goofy.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11821 on: June 15, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »

Top three problems with WWE?

Its become middle class
WWE is so tame and family friendly these days it makes me gag. Everything is so sanitised, which is more than a little ironic on a show called ''RAW''

There is no danger, and on a show about people trying to cripple each other...no....violence Huh

Its lost its edge - Austin used to explode from nowhere and leave the ring in bits, The Undertaker would be burying people left right and centre and DX would be causing mayhem and innuendo in ring and out

What happened to the wrestling?

Typical match: Triple H vs Orton

Punch, kick, irish whip, AAA spinbuster, facebuster, DDT, Pedigree

Done

How about some wrestling moves guys? TNA piles them in and pulls off moves ur convinced must have caused severe damage

Storylines

They are all over the place on this one,

Jericho vs HBK at NOC, seemed to building nicely - then Jericho is trying to help HBK at ONS?

In the past the pre match build up was so fantastic - now the fued starts in some contrived fashion in week 3 and is resolved in week 4

and if i am allowed, one further problem

No match variety

Typical fued

Stage 1.) Mr A and Mr B are put on the same side in a tag match ''ohhh how will they work together?''

Stage 2.) Mr A and Mr B are on competing tag team

Stage 3.) Resolution at PPV - Mr A and Mr B one on one

yey gods! If i see another one v one one fall match i will scream! WWE's idea of variety is to drag out the Hell in a cell for the 10,000th time

We finally saw som different types at ONS - why cant we get them more often, what about 2 out of three falls, three stages of hell, submissions only etc etc?

There is so many different match types - why does it come down to the same thing ever single week??
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:22:22 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11822 on: June 15, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »

There could be a whole tread dedicated to what's wrong in WWE.

My to 3 would be

Lack of Good Tag Division like in the late 80's early 90's.
Having Vickie Guerro as a GM on TV, she's annoying, bad actress, and no offense terrible eye candy, The way Vince uses her it makes me wonder if it was Vince who shot of Eddie and made him OD with what hes doing for her wife.
The gay designs of the belts nowadays. From the Spinner to the tiny IC title, they look all goofy.

If those were the 3 biggest problems things would actually be quite good.  I mean the Belt design is minor, true they could be better but it's hardly a major issue.

On the Vickie Guerrero subject, I like most was fuming when they first brought her on television.  Now though, I think she's great, I can't remember the last time someone got heel heat like her, she really drives the fans nuts, and the pay off when she loses out is great, the fans love it.  La Familia are a definate Highlight of Smackdown.  As for being terrible eye candy, if she was good looking she probably would not get the same heat, and what's wrong with female's on tv who aren't good looking, Amazing Kong, Jazz, Bull Nakano were no pin-ups but were uber talented especially compared to their good looking fellow females.

Top three problems with WWE?

Its become middle class
WWE is so tame and family friendly these days it makes me gag. Everything is so sanitised, which is more than a little ironic on a show called ''RAW''

There is no danger, and on a show about people trying to cripple each other...no....violence Huh

Its lost its edge - Austin used to explode from nowhere and leave the ring in bits, The Undertaker would be burying people left right and centre and DX would be causing mayhem and innuendo in ring and out.
Yeah to further that point, it's basically lost it's WOW Factor.  Like all TV Shows, every episode was intended to end in such a manner people would think wow I can't miss the next episode, it was must see tv.

What happened to the wrestling?

Typical match: Triple H vs Orton

Punch, kick, irish whip, AAA spinbuster, facebuster, DDT, Pedigree

Done

How about some wrestling moves guys? TNA piles them in and pulls off moves ur convinced must have caused severe damage

I still think there are a fair few decent matches on tv, what annoys me is the repetition, we have to see the same guys fight over and over again.  Point in case, despite the feud being good, how many times did we see Undertaker vs Edge.  And now it's back to Edge vs Batista, gee that's fresh, and not to be a "Spoiler" or anything but word is after their feud it's back to Undertaker vs Edge, I mean that is seriously poor, it's been a three man triangle over that belt for seemingly ever.  Part of the overkill is down to the fact we have TOO many PPVs.  Old School's Cool for a reason, back in the day, having the "Big 5" was so much better and if we went back to something like that with more SNME Specials they could put more into making TV Special.

Ultimately though fans want to see people feud they haven't seen feud before.  People should not let politics and beliefs get in the way.  It still annoys me HBK won't turn Heel because of his religious beliefs, at the end of the day it's acting, I know he likes he kid to watch but he should just get his kid to wait until he's older or explain to him it's acting, I mean Robert De Niro doesn't turn down films roles cos he doesn't want people to see him as a Psychotic Killer.  A Heel HBK vs, say Rey Mysterio would be great, they have only ever had one match and that was really, really good.

Storylines

They are all over the place on this one,

Jericho vs HBK at NOC, seemed to building nicely - then Jericho is trying to help HBK at ONS?

In the past the pre match build up was so fantastic - now the fued starts in some contrived fashion in week 3 and is resolved in week 4

Week 3...resolved in Week 4?  Nah if anything most are too long these days, Orton and Trips, Taker and Edge how many back to back events did we have these guys squariing off with each other?  I think you missed the point on the Jericho "Helping" HBK bit.  Helping him would have been attacking Batista, Jericho was making out he was helping but all he was doing was prolonging the attack on Shawn, he knew he was beat and out of it, and every time he pushed him back he got beat up some more.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11823 on: June 15, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »

With the rumored 2nd generation stable said to be debuting soon, I wonder if this picture thats on WWE.com in a new article could have more to it than seems.

I think this would be a great stable. Just what WWE need at the minute

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11824 on: June 15, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »

With the rumored 2nd generation stable said to be debuting soon, I wonder if this picture thats on WWE.com in a new article could have more to it than seems.

I think this would be a great stable. Just what WWE need at the minute

Love to Davey Jr get push with Ted Jr as a tag getting a push for them boys, loved watching their dads wrestle.

Also you look 10 years ago and when Stone Cold, DX, or the Rock were on the mic they were not afraid to swear and RAW let it slide or bleep it out, it help sell to me these guys were pissed at each other.

Now when Cena is mad, he always throws in a gat comment or calls his opponent some 3rd grade name.

The spinning belt REALLY pisses me off even though it doesnt spin anymore. I remember getting to hold the old WWF World title at a House Show, I think when Bret had his first title run if I remember correctly, and seeing the design and feeling the belt ment alot to me.

How about a tradional ladder match, everything now has to be a TLC.
How about the tradional Blue Cage in which you could climb over to win, now its all hell in a cell.
How about an Iron Man match Vince, 60 mins most pinfalls win, now its all the knocked down for a 10 count.
How about tradional tag teams wrestling on RAW and SD? Now its all these two are fighting against each other on the ppv lets team them up how can they get along?
How about a Traditional SS with all 4 on 4? How about a Tradional King of the Ring with it all taking place on one night and morwe thought put into it then Regal winning.
Hell I even Miss Vince or Shane in the ring.

How about a bare ass spanking match where you win by pulling down your opponents pants and spanking him like a bad teenager.

Don't try family program to get new viewers and scare away your true fans. God if you want to make RAW family oriented great, but how about making ECW for Adults 18+ with killer matches, nasty mic conversations, and all out war. That way everyone gets something to watch

Izzy wasnt the last 2 out of 3 Falls Match on a WWE PPV Ric Flair Vs Foley, with Flair winning the first 2 about 2 years ago?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11825 on: June 16, 2008, 06:18:22 AM »

How about an Iron Man match Vince, 60 mins most pinfalls win, now its all the knocked down for a 10 count.

Triple H vs The Undertaker in a Iron Man match drool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #11826 on: June 16, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »

Things like the announcement for tonight's Raw are a good step forward.

John Cena vs Umaga in a Street Fight. It's got some variety and will likely be a good match.

Booking Raw 101 suggests the first thought for tonight's main event would be something like Triple H and John Cena vs JBL and Umaga, with the two faces losing and teasing a brawl which doesn't happen.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11827 on: June 16, 2008, 08:21:02 AM »

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker in an Iron man match would be better.  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11828 on: June 16, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »

Heres the official poster for Night of Champions (formerly known as Vengeance) Looks pretty cool imo. Nice to see Matt Hardy and not Jeff on a poster for once.  Cheesy

^ Could this be a hint that Edge will not win the TLC match at One Night Stand?

Isn't it ironic that the WWE have edited the Night of Champions poster, for the second year in a row, with the exact same two wrestlers.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11829 on: June 16, 2008, 02:27:11 PM »

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker in an Iron man match would be better.  yes

Nothing beats a good Iron Man match - i loved HHH v Rock at Judgement Day 2000

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11830 on: June 16, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »

Iron Man matches can be good but they also tend to drag a little while watching them. Usually overall their pretty entertaining.

I love TLC matches, so I have no problem if they do them too much. Their entertaining. They just did a steel cage match on one of the last few ppvs between orton and hhh so I dont get what someone was saying about them not doing them. Hell for awhile they were doing them at every no-way out, though that was a few years ago.

They usually only do one or two at most hell in the cells a year, so its not like their on every fuckin month or something.

And opinion about the wwe is...

The overall talent in the wwe is not nearly as good as it was. Top guys just arent up to par to what they were in the attitude era. HBK is my favorite guy but he needs to be in a posistion to put people over and HHH needs to do the same thing. Cena doesnt come close to comparing to rock or austin or others. And Orton is a weak top heel. JBL throws the occasional good promo but mostly your just bored wondering when he's gonna shut up. And thats covering  the top on raw for the last 4 months. That just doesn't cut it. WWE needs to find people who can work the mic. If they want to turn this thing around find people who can excell doing promos and the in-ring work can be worked on but they must have some type in ring charasima. The rock and stone cold weren't the best in-ring performers but they had the charasima and mic skills to make you love or hate their characters and want to watch them wrestle. WWE needs that again.

The brand split needs to go. With the level of talent on the roster it doesnt work anymore. Smackdown has edge, batista, and/or taker involved in every title match for over the last year. They should just combine the two titles than we could get a little variety.

I said this before but stop getting HHH as one of the main guys on raw. He needs to take the role the undertaker took on smackdown. Attempt to put guys over. Taker's fued with Kennedy was excellent a while back and really helped Kennedy. He would have been pushed further if it wasnt for the drug test fuck ups. HHH, even HBK, needs to fued with guys like Kennedy (who i think can work a hell of a promo) to help push them further. There is young talent on this roster that needs to be utilized. And having fueds with taker, hbk, and HHH can help this young talent get over. Because the torch needs to be passed already.

Fueds will come along better with talented guys that can work the mic. I believe its not how its writtens its how its said. The best mic workers made even the dumbest and silliest shit work. Of course they have to have in-ring ability but as I said the rock and stone cold are two prime examples of good workers with great mic skills and charisma that made their sub-par in-ring work a hell of lot better.

They need to get over the flair era of matches. I say Flair era because he is guy that says the fans want to see the same moves in every match. He has said in the past dont change what works. Well the same shit just ain't working anymore. People are sick of watching HHH matches because they are the same fucking match almost everytime.  Obvious by the ratings.

People want different shit. Its obvious to me that HHH is no longer a huge draw. If he was the ratings wouldn't be shit. Even in the attitude era raw was good but the show still had dead spots. You tuned in to see what the top guys were doing and the other shit was bonus. I think if you can nail the top guys on the program and what their doing, the other shit will improve in due time. First concentrate on opening and ending raw with a bang than work on how you can improve the shit down the middle.

And just fucking end extreme crappy wrestling already. They dont have the talent for 2 shows, why the fuck are they bothering with 3?  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11831 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »

actually ECW is the best show WWE have wrestling wise at the minute, the likes of Kingston, Benjamin, Bourne(Sydal), Morrison & Punk make it unmissable for me lately

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11832 on: June 16, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »

a huge reason it sucks is, take night of champions for example

who is Jericho defending against? HBK as the IC champ?

who is Mickie defending against?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11833 on: June 16, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »

how does Vince get people's phone numbers and info?

All u register with is your email addy................

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11834 on: June 16, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »

^ You have to register your number as well, how could they ring without a number? Exactly!

Woooo! CADE!!!! You can bet me & Hammy are happy about that!

p.s Hammy bet your sure regretting turning off halfway through Raw  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11835 on: June 16, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »

^ You have to register your number as well, how could they ring without a number? Exactly!

there wasnt anywhere to register your number

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11836 on: June 16, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »

how many phone calls will that last guy that won do u think he will get. his phone # was show on screen for a good while lol
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11837 on: June 17, 2008, 05:05:08 AM »

Come on.  I know I was hoping for a push, but hell, when I switched off only the Main Event was left, and who could have thought he'd get a push like that, I mean Cade standing tall as the show goes off air....

.....break out the champagne.
Evolution
« Reply #11838 on: June 17, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »

Last night's Raw was the most dire piece of shit I've watched in ages.

The whole World Tag Title segment was the most stupid bit of booking they could have done for that feud. DiBiase walks out and for some reason this makes Cryme Tyme angry, then Holly/Rhodes pick up the win as Ted completely disappears then Holly and Rhodes follow suit. What on earth was that all about?

Wasting the 1st Flair return pop to hotshot Jericho/HHH, which in turn only seemed to exist to give Lance Cade the biggest jump up the card in recent history. Why whenever they have a face/face match coming up at the next pay-per-view do they insist in having them team together and whatnot? The type of characters Cena and Triple H play as well would surely be out for a fight before their match.

Lastly, this whole money giveaway just kills the show each time they do it. Giving away $500,000 twice during the show would have a better flow and up the stakes somewhat.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11839 on: June 17, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »

Izzy wasnt the last 2 out of 3 Falls Match on a WWE PPV Ric Flair Vs Foley, with Flair winning the first 2 about 2 years ago?

Nah, last year, MVP won the US Title in a 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match against...... that well-known Canadian wrestler...... did the Crossface....

Speaking of which, it's almost been a year since that whole situation. Wow....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: