Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828179 times)
Evolution
« Reply #11760 on: May 29, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »

Well, isn't the TNA thing only rumour at this point?

I thought he was only training for a match with Orlando Jordan in Rikishi's NWE promotion.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11761 on: May 29, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »

Well, isn't the TNA thing only rumour at this point?

I thought he was only training for a match with Orlando Jordan in Rikishi's NWE promotion.

Yes, that's true.

But I can't imagine that THAT is the entire reason for the comeback....a one shot in a rinky dink foreign promotion.

Maybe...God knows Jim is bat shit nuts enough for that to be his reasoning....

I just suspect there's more to it....and I don't think the WWE would give him the time of day. He's too much of a loon, even for Vince to deal with.

Which means he's either planning to go with a new fed (maybe his own...god help the industry) or he's got an offer for something and this is a tune up.  Given that, I think TNT is the most likely option, especially with the rumors floating around.

I guess we'll see...or rather, I won't see, I'll read.  I wouldn't watch him wrestle if ya paid ME 39.99.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Evolution
« Reply #11762 on: May 29, 2008, 02:24:10 PM »

Rumour has the NWE have almost sold out a 15,000 seat arena with this match so Warrior would want himself to look good for it I suppose.

So, who's moving in the draft then?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11763 on: May 29, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »

Warrior = crap.

I can't believe TNT is actually gonna bring this guy in.

PLEASE someone tell me this is a work.....he sucked when he came back to WCW.  He was the begining of the end, for crap fucks sake.

Helliwig is an egomanical head case who needs, for the sake of the entire industry, to remain a has been.

LOL very true...Hellwig is a nutcase...I dont know if you saw the Warrior dvd that WWE put out a few years ago, but McMahon and everyone else ripped him for his lack of wrestling skills and mic skills....Now lets be honest...I dont think he is any worse in the ring than John Cena....and John Cena is the WORST guy on the mic in WWE history....i mean it used to be funny when he would come down and rap..that was so bad it was funny....but now John Cena is PAINFULLY bad on the mic....like to the point where it just makes me embarrassed and uncomfortable and I have to change the station....Triple H (even though he is my favorite wrestler) also is far from the best technical wreslter...I just dont understand people ripping the Ultimate Warrior so much..he was horrible in the ring, but it was cool because he was unpredictable and all over the place, it was part of his imae....yes he was an unprofessional dick, but he MADE alot of money for the WWE, got over on the crowd, and is still one of the most popular wrestlers in the history of WWE....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11764 on: May 29, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »

Warrior = crap.

PLEASE someone tell me this is a work.....he sucked when he came back to WCW.  He was the begining of the end, for crap fucks sake.

Helliwig is an egomanical head case who needs, for the sake of the entire industry, to remain a has been.

LOL very true...Hellwig is a nutcase...I dont know if you saw the Warrior dvd that WWE put out a few years ago, but McMahon and everyone else ripped him for his lack of wrestling skills and mic skills....Now lets be honest...I dont think he is any worse in the ring than John Cena....and John Cena is the WORST guy on the mic in WWE history....i mean it used to be funny when he would come down and rap..that was so bad it was funny....but now John Cena is PAINFULLY bad on the mic....like to the point where it just makes me embarrassed and uncomfortable and I have to change the station....Triple H (even though he is my favorite wrestler) also is far from the best technical wreslter...I just dont understand people ripping the Ultimate Warrior so much..he was horrible in the ring, but it was cool because he was unpredictable and all over the place, it was part of his imae....yes he was an unprofessional dick, but he MADE alot of money for the WWE, got over on the crowd, and is still one of the most popular wrestlers in the history of WWE....

to be honest im not a Cena fan at all, I really can't stand the guy but he has way more talent than Warrior ever has had. As for promo's, Warriors ramblings beat Cena's gay bashing jokes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11765 on: May 29, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »

To me I am glad hes in great shape. Just seeing him with a shaved head, slightly bald and grey kinda ruins that Ultimate Warrior Image, when I was a Kid he was a GOD in the RING, now looking at him and seeing the DVDs and watching the old matches, is amazes me that God would allow him into a Ring.

I hope he has cleaned up his head some and can understand the business and get a run with TNA, give him a chance to show the world hes not nuts.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11766 on: May 29, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »

Warrior = crap.

to be honest im not a Cena fan at all, I really can't stand the guy but he has way more talent than Warrior ever has had. As for promo's, Warriors ramblings beat Cena's gay bashing jokes

how so? aside from this legdrop off the top rope Ive seen Cena do recently there is nothing in his arsenal besides kicks and punches...oh and that one submission hold he knows..
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11767 on: May 30, 2008, 07:02:09 AM »

Check out this video of Warrior training for his comeback.

Sweet Jesus....that can't be natural...  nervous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHJmcPp_fpg

hihi at 1:25 when he's straining while lifting what appears to be a small weight. I'm sure it isn't, I just found it funny.

I just thought of something: how has giving away one million dollars never "been seen before on TV"??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11768 on: May 30, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »

In the 80's....it was fun.  I was....well, much younger.  I have no problem with the Ultimate Warrior BACK THEN.

Today? Watching a 49 year old guy do THAT same schtick in 2008?  Patheticly unentertaining.

Combine that with a complete inability to actually wrestle (what does it say when the best match of your career...you were CARRIED BY HULK HOGAN??!!), and it's crap. HE'S crap.

Maybe it's because I saw him (one of the few.....going by WCW ratings and buy rates) "come back" with WCW.  It was bad then.  I can't IMAGINE it will be any better NOW.  confused

Oh, and as an aside....don't sell Triple H short.  I mean...I dislike the guys politicing (or the stories of it) but the guy can work a match.  He might not be Brett Hart or Shawn Michaels, but the guy can certainly carry a good match. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:32:41 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11769 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »

Cena's promos are bad.

Warriors verbose, repetitive, bordering on non-sensical ramblings are cringe worthy train wreck bad. 

And I agree.....Cena has more wrestilng ability in one single pubic hair than Warrior has in his whole body.  OK, maybe THAT'S a bit of an exageration.....but I would peg Cena at least a COUPLE notches higher than Warrior.  You wanna talk only having kicks and punches in the arsenal?  Warrior is the poster boy.

And I'm NOT the world's biggest Cena fan......
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:36:48 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11770 on: May 30, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »

Oh, and as an aside....don't sell Triple H short.  I mean...I dislike the guys politicing (or the stories of it) but the guy can work a match.  He might not be Brett Hart or Shawn Michaels, but the guy can certainly carry a good match. 

This is more than evident in Triple H's very first match in the WWF/WWE against Zubov, from back in 1995.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11771 on: May 30, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »

Vince's big announcements was......er......crap

I honestly thought he was going to end the godawful brand split....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11772 on: May 30, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »

So did I. I was convinced it was going to be something big due to the ever decreasing ratings. I guess we should have known better by now.  Embarrassed

On another note, anyone know were Hammy's at recently?  Huh Haven't saw him post here in a while. Tis unlike him indeed.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11773 on: May 30, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »

He did say a little while ago that he was going to be busy, but he's still been kicking about. I conversed with him but recently!, in the albums you must own and all that thread.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11774 on: May 30, 2008, 07:09:06 PM »

For a second I thought he was going to do the same shit, but how is he going to sell a ppv without 3 world heavyweight championships on it?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11775 on: May 31, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

If Hammy badmouthed The Kinks, we may have an explanation....

As for One Night Stand, erm...:

HHH
Undertaker
Show (I guess)
HBK (not sure about this one either)
Jeff
JBL
Beth Phoenix

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11776 on: May 31, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »

me too. I was about to jump up and down. Brand split is horrible. especially now everything is on the same PPV anyway.

HHH is a great worker. I dont understand all the hate. Its very very rare u will find a bad HHH match.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #11777 on: May 31, 2008, 09:14:10 PM »

HHH is a great worker. I dont understand all the hate. Its very very rare u will find a bad HHH match.

He's had his fair share of stinkers though. His matches with Scott Steiner come to mind.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11778 on: May 31, 2008, 10:17:08 PM »

HHH is a great worker. He deserves to be one of the top guys currently in the wwe. But I do think more of his matches are just o.k. or slighty above average than are outstanding. For example, I cannot think of more than one 1v1 match over the past couple years that he has had that I considered great. My memory could be failing but I have found some likings in his matches but I have not considered them to be great in quite sometime. More recently his matches with Orton have been some what entertaining but certainly not the best matches on the card.

The last match I remember truly enjoying with him was HHH vs. Hardy at the end of last year but before than....it has been awhile. And I find myself not being exciting by the prospect of hhh vs. orton, cena, JBL, or really anybody else on the raw roster except maybe hardy just because ive seen hhh vs. orton, cena, michaels, jericho, and only his matches with hbk are worth repeat viewings. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11779 on: May 31, 2008, 10:46:18 PM »

i want a HHH vs Undertaker feud

and then a HHH/Edge feud.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 739 Go Up Print