Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827441 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11740 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

WhatI dont understand is WHY WOULD A GM need steriods? I mean did he beg so hard to get back into the ring, wind up in the ring and was like shit now what do I do, I am hoping he tested positive for Cocaine or Heroine, because it doesnt look like the steriods where helping him out any.

Given Regals history...I wouldn't assume he's juicing.

I'd bet it's more likely it was either pain pills, or coke.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11741 on: May 20, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

Indeed - it was an odd...WWE style match
WWE style match....

You What?

Coming from the promotion that has reverse battle royals and feast or fired matches, it was a TNA match through and..... actually, coming from the guy behind the [i]"Judy Bagwell on a Pole"[/i] match, it was a RUSSO match through and through.

Izzy,

Awhile back you asked how WCW went from ruling the world to being a joke.

Hammy just gave you the single best microcosm example you could ever possibly want.

Ye gods...just remembering the "Judy Bagwell on a pole" match send douche chills up my spine.

I thought making Jeff Jarret a world champion was when they jumped the shark. As he imo wasnt a leader in wcw at that point.

WHen they made David Arquette champion in promotion with his crappy wrestlin movie is when they jumped the moon.

That would be, actually, my choice as to when they really turned the corner.  That's when the spiral REALLY started downward, in earnest.  That's when you knew it was going  to get REALLY bad.  April of 2000.

But the "Judy Bagwell on a Pole" match was when they hit rock bottom....and they NEVER came back up.  That whole PPV was a mess.  August of 2000....and again, the douche chills are running up my spine.

Together again,
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11742 on: May 20, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »

WhatI dont understand is WHY WOULD A GM need steriods? I mean did he beg so hard to get back into the ring, wind up in the ring and was like shit now what do I do, I am hoping he tested positive for Cocaine or Heroine, because it doesnt look like the steriods where helping him out any.

Given Regals history...I wouldn't assume he's juicing.

I'd bet it's more likely it was either pain pills, or coke.
Well I remember, I tink, when he was fired during his first run with the company it WAS pain pills, but....when the pharmacy list emerged after Benoit's death, which included plenty of other unlikely dudes like Funaki, yes sweet616 one of your hero's, Regal had one of the biggest list of orders:

William Regal: stanozolol, somatropin, genotropin and anastrozole

Used illegally in bodybuilding, typically "stacked" with other testosterone-based anabolic steroids, Stanozolol is liked by many due to the fact it causes strength increases without excess weight-gain

Synthetic Growth hormone (HGH) is called somatropin (British: somatrophin). hGH refers to human growth hormone and is an abbreviation for human GH (Somatotropin) extracted from human pituitary glands.

Genotropin (Jen-oh-troh-pin) is a medicine which is used in growth hormone deficiency, growth problems in children and Prader-Willi syndrome. Genotropin contains somatropin (rbe). It is made by Pharmacia Ltd.

Some athletes and body builders will also use anastrozole as a part of their steroid cycle to reduce and prevent symptoms of excess estrogens; in particular, gynecomastia and water retention.

I think the lesson here is, you don't have to look like a Chris Masters to be on illegal substances.  And going off this pass history, I'm guessing it's MORE than pain pills and coke.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11743 on: May 21, 2008, 09:08:08 AM »

Heres the official poster for Night of Champions (formerly known as Vengeance) Looks pretty cool imo. Nice to see Matt Hardy and not Jeff on a poster for once.  Cheesy

^ Could this be a hint that Edge will not win the TLC match at One Night Stand?

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11744 on: May 21, 2008, 03:22:49 PM »

Heres the official poster for Night of Champions (formerly known as Vengeance) Looks pretty cool imo. Nice to see Matt Hardy and not Jeff on a poster for once.  Cheesy

I'm hoping its all a fake thing WWE did and released to make fans think that. How are you going to sell a PPV in 2 weeks when you have a poster out for your next PPV with all the champions on it. I guess Undertaker oviously will have to win the title back at ONS, (will that count as a second reign, or just be a continued from his last reign?) Triple H will take out Orton, Mickie will just dance around strutting her body until then, Chavo wont get another chance to take out Kane, and Matt Hardy will just dance around with the US title like his brother with the IC strap.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11745 on: May 21, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »

I guess Undertaker oviously will have to win the title back at ONS, (will that count as a second reign, or just be a continued from his last reign?)
Well since Randy Orton's reign counted at No Mercy when he was handed the title at the start of the event due to Cena being injured, I assume Undertakers (provided he wins) will be counted as another reign.  Wink

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11746 on: May 22, 2008, 09:15:47 AM »

Not that there's ever a good time, but guys seem to be getting suspended at the worst possible times. Kennedy while he had Money In The Bank (and after giving an interview saying he didn't use steroids), Morrison while ECW Champion, Jeff going into WM24 and now Regal after winning King Of The Ring and being a major character on Raw.

hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11747 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »

I'm hoping its all a fake thing WWE did and released to make fans think that. How are you going to sell a PPV in 2 weeks when you have a poster out for your next PPV with all the champions on it. I guess Undertaker oviously will have to win the title back at ONS, (will that count as a second reign, or just be a continued from his last reign?) Triple H will take out Orton, Mickie will just dance around strutting her body until then, Chavo wont get another chance to take out Kane, and Matt Hardy will just dance around with the US title like his brother with the IC strap.

In the BIG book of "Dumb things done by WWE Marketing Department/WWE Web site", this wouldn't warrent more than a sentence.  If it's what people think it is, that is.  It's also NOT the first time they've done something like this....and yes, in the end, it all turned out to be a giant spoiler.

Together again,
Evolution
« Reply #11748 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »

I've seen a different version of the poster in question with MVP in place of Matt Hardy. Obviously WWE need to produce something in the way of promotional materials to the PPV carriers so they've just done it with the Champions at the time. My guess is that this is just a newer version with Matt Hardy added, but before they stripped 'Taker. Chances are we'll see another with either the World Heavyweight Title removed or Edge added as well.

Last year's Vengeance poster was avaliable online before Backlash had even happened and it had the Undertaker in between John Cena and Lashley holding the World Title. After Edge's cash-in a new one was circulated that had Edge photoshopped in, but still with 'Taker's gloved hands!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11749 on: May 22, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

and they sound like they are reading off a piece of paper.
You are about to get the biggest shock of your life my friend....  hihi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NBxbP-AmWYA
ROFLCOPTER rofl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11750 on: May 23, 2008, 01:34:08 AM »

well its pretty obvious that Triple H is not losing that belt at One Night Stand...and Undertaker is def going to regain his...so I dont reallhy think that this poster is spoiling anything....it is obvious that is whats going to happen anyway...I must say I am a big fan of WWE...but there are FAR too many pay per view events every year...it is watering down the product so badly....anyone else with me on this?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11751 on: May 23, 2008, 06:24:11 AM »

^3 weeks between Backlash and JD, 2 weeks between JD and ONS... I'm glad we in the UK don't have to pay for all of them...

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11752 on: May 23, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »

I'm glad we in the UK don't have to pay for all of them...
I second that statement.

Especially when our ppv provider demands ?15 and then can't even produce the event without having technical difficulties so we get to watch as the problems get progressively worse as the event goes on. Sky Shit Office indeed...

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11753 on: May 24, 2008, 01:32:58 PM »

I'm glad we in the UK don't have to pay for all of them...
I second that statement.

Especially when our ppv provider demands ?15 and then can't even produce the event without having technical difficulties so we get to watch as the problems get progressively worse as the event goes on. Sky Shit Office indeed...

I think the prob with Backlash, JD, ONS is doesn't WWE go from 6 weeks between the Feb PPV (can't think of the name of it right now) and WM? Taking the extra weeks to help sell their BIG DOLLAR $55.00 american PPV? Causing them to jam the next ones down our throats without stories building up and just rematching every PPV. ONS, EDGE v TAKER (3rd PPV in a row), Orton V HHH (second), Cena v JBL.(second). Baustia v HBK (2 out of last 3) , Hardy vs Umaga (fueded last fall with Hardy winning IC title from him) Only thing different is they are ALL EXTREME RULES!!! uhm yeah, original WWE.

Does anyone else miss it when WWE didnt have Tri band PPVs? I know their sales wasnt as good but it seemed you would get to see the tag titles and midcarders on PPVs building up their careers now its just take the 3 world champions throw them in a match. maybe through a US or IC match but not BOTH on the card. Some kind of gimmick womens match to get all the girls on camera, throw everyones name in a hat and pull out an opponent for Baustita or Umaga, with JR yelling HIstory has been made tonight. Thats a summary of all the WWE ppvs i have seen lately.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:41:26 PM by Mr Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11754 on: May 28, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »

It's safe to say that many wrestling fans have been scratching their heads since WrestleMania 24 as to why CM Punk has been on a noticeable losing streak on both TV and Pay Per View. After all, this is the guy holding a briefcase for a World Title shot of his choosing.

According to a new report by Bryan Alvarez in The Figure Four Weekly, there are some possibilities as to why this has been taking place recently.

It should be noted first that Punk was never scheduled to win the "Money in the Bank" Ladder Match at WrestleMania 24 as the obvious frontrunner and planned winner was Jeff Hardy until he was suspended 60 days for violating the WWE Wellness Policy a second time. The decision to have Punk was last minute as the company had no real plans for him to win the match and receive a major push.

For whatever reason, Punk has some major heat with many individuals in the WWE. Some of the reasons are considered valid, while others are quite frankly just flat out stupid (one of these being that he has been buried for refusing to go out and drink alcohol with the other wrestlers). Those who have known Punk for a while have stated he has a tendency to rub people the wrong way and that this dates back to his early career working the independent scene.

Another reason Punk may have heat is the fact that he was built up quite a bit on the independent scene and now there is a desire to prove that he was "overrated" to those who never saw a thing in him or his character. One WWE source has stated that Punk's career could take the path of Matt Hardy where he would get small pushes here and there and always be used, but he will likely never break through as a top guy. WWE writer Christopher DeJoseph (who plays the Big Dick Johnson/fat oily guy character) has been moved into a leadership role on ECW and is said to be very high on Punk. However, since Punk appears to be on everyone's you-know-what list lately, it appears that may not happen and this could explain his recent string of losses and being buried.

And on another note, I notice a lot of the One Night Stand matches are from Raw. I haven't read the Smackdown spoilers so more have probably been made but there's Last Man Standing, First Blood, Falls Count Anywhere, the Divas "I Quit" Match.... even HBK/Batista is half Raw! So far (before this week), SD only have TLC and ECW have the Singapore Cane Match.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11755 on: May 29, 2008, 07:15:48 AM »

Check out this video of Warrior training for his comeback.

Sweet Jesus....that can't be natural...  nervous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHJmcPp_fpg

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11756 on: May 29, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

that vids pretty far out man, is that really him?

It's safe to say that many wrestling fans have been scratching their heads since WrestleMania 24 as to why CM Punk has been on a noticeable losing streak on both TV and Pay Per View. After all, this is the guy holding a briefcase for a World Title shot of his choosing.

According to a new report by Bryan Alvarez in The Figure Four Weekly, there are some possibilities as to why this has been taking place recently.

It should be noted first that Punk was never scheduled to win the "Money in the Bank" Ladder Match at WrestleMania 24 as the obvious frontrunner and planned winner was Jeff Hardy until he was suspended 60 days for violating the WWE Wellness Policy a second time. The decision to have Punk was last minute as the company had no real plans for him to win the match and receive a major push.

For whatever reason, Punk has some major heat with many individuals in the WWE. Some of the reasons are considered valid, while others are quite frankly just flat out stupid (one of these being that he has been buried for refusing to go out and drink alcohol with the other wrestlers). Those who have known Punk for a while have stated he has a tendency to rub people the wrong way and that this dates back to his early career working the independent scene.

Another reason Punk may have heat is the fact that he was built up quite a bit on the independent scene and now there is a desire to prove that he was "overrated" to those who never saw a thing in him or his character. One WWE source has stated that Punk's career could take the path of Matt Hardy where he would get small pushes here and there and always be used, but he will likely never break through as a top guy. WWE writer Christopher DeJoseph (who plays the Big Dick Johnson/fat oily guy character) has been moved into a leadership role on ECW and is said to be very high on Punk. However, since Punk appears to be on everyone's you-know-what list lately, it appears that may not happen and this could explain his recent string of losses and being buried.

And on another note, I notice a lot of the One Night Stand matches are from Raw. I haven't read the Smackdown spoilers so more have probably been made but there's Last Man Standing, First Blood, Falls Count Anywhere, the Divas "I Quit" Match.... even HBK/Batista is half Raw! So far (before this week), SD only have TLC and ECW have the Singapore Cane Match.

this may sound stupid but, why can't they have the wrestlers actually competefor something with out decidding the out come?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11757 on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »

coughcough someones still hitting the juice nice and heavy coughcough.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11758 on: May 29, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »

Warrior = crap.

I can't believe TNT is actually gonna bring this guy in.

PLEASE someone tell me this is a work.....he sucked when he came back to WCW.  He was the begining of the end, for crap fucks sake.

Helliwig is an egomanical head case who needs, for the sake of the entire industry, to remain a has been.

Together again,
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11759 on: May 29, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »

Holy hell!

Thats impresive and disturbing all at once - if he was to get back in the ring he certainly wouldn't be doing a Rick Flair (i.e laugably inedept job - Warrior could crush even the largest of the current stars - though i suspect his greatest victory would be over the drug testers)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: