Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828094 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11720 on: May 18, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

I thought TNA Sacrifice was superb...hell I think TNA is superb

oh please, having a womens match where its a battle royal-ladder match to shave someones head is not superb its retarded booking. Whats the deal with having one of the most over faces have their hair shaved? Sympathy maybe but that will wear off in afew weeks and then where is she...still shaved. It really does show how idiotic TNA's booking is & how rubbish they are at being "original" with creating match stipulations (which is usually for every match). Fair enough their wrestling is usually to a better standard but a mixture of spotfests & pointless run-ins or wasted turns usually ruin what is often good in TNA. Did you not hear the MASS of "Fire Russo" chants?

Indeed - it was an odd...WWE style match

TNA is hardly perfect, its decidely bizarre at times...

but there are fueds! There are different types of matches! The belts MEAN something! There are stables! They actually do wrestling moves!

TNA is great and its consistent and it has an entire army of wrestlers you actually want to see in a match - how many WWE wrestlers do you actually care about their matches?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11721 on: May 18, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »

WWE style match....

You What?

Coming from the promotion that has reverse battle royals and feast or fired matches, it was a TNA match through and..... actually, coming from the guy behind the "Judy Bagwell on a Pole" match, it was a RUSSO match through and through.

but there are fueds!

You have made this point before, and well you have lost me without it, you imply WWE does not have feuds.....WRONG!  As I said before, you may not like them, but look at tonight's event.  Edge vs Undertaker a feud that's been going on for many months and has seeds sown back into last year when Edge cashed in the MITB and also when he interfered in the HIAC match.  Randy Orton and Triple H have history going back to their days as friends and this latest feud was first ignited when Orton won the belt....LAST YEAR!  As for the other matches, they have all been feuding to, as I made mention last time, you may not enjoy them, but hell they have feuds, I don't enjoy TNA but I don't claim they don't have feuds.

The belts MEAN something!
That's true, dedicating a whole PPV to tag belts, now that is someting special.  Although the wacky way they went about setting it up was dire by anybody's standards, the whole Eric Young isn't Super Eric thing.

TNA is great and its consistent
It's the lack of consistency that makes it damn near unwatchable.  Well they are consistent at being awful and great at the same time.

You can have a card where you love the X Division match and Angle vs Joe, yet you can't bare the gimmick matches and backstage segments, I mean really, they make WWE's acting look Oscar class.

how many WWE wrestlers do you actually care about their matches?
Plenty.  And more than TNA.  Each to his own. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11722 on: May 18, 2008, 09:29:47 PM »

TNA have good and bad. I dont understand why they push certain guys and hold back others.

MotorCity Machine Guns should be in a HUGE feud with LAX for the tag belts. I cant even imagine all the amazing matches we would see.  LAX are the greatest tag team by far in wrestling today. They are unique and have who I consider to be the best big man in the business "Hernandez"

Alex Shelley has so much star potential but they refuse to push him

They really need to do something with AJ Styles. Its getting really old already. I appreciate a good build to a feud like they are doing with Angle/AJ but they have taken on eof their top superstars and made him a puss in a bad way. He isnt a good heel like Edge or Christian. Guys who are pussies but are still believable and good. He just seems like a child with the worst acting in wrestling history.

I love the Scott Steiner and Petey Williams tandem. Im glad they finally started pushing Petey as he is phenomenal.

Matt MOrgan doing the Undertaker's "Old School" left a bad taste in my mouth.

U dont fuck with someone's big time move.  It is right up there with SHane O mac doing the Van Terminator. I still cant figure out why Shane would ruin part of RVD's mystique by doing that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #11723 on: May 18, 2008, 10:51:31 PM »

TNA have good and bad. I dont understand why they push certain guys and hold back others.

MotorCity Machine Guns should be in a HUGE feud with LAX for the tag belts. I cant even imagine all the amazing matches we would see.  LAX are the greatest tag team by far in wrestling today. They are unique and have who I consider to be the best big man in the business "Hernandez"

Alex Shelley has so much star potential but they refuse to push him

If the recent internet "newz" on the MCMGs is true then I think they will be in the doghouse for quite a long time. Word is Alex Shelley refused to blade at the Destination X six-man match and Sabin more or less agreed with him. As Powerslam Magazine said this month, anyone not at Jeff Jarrett or Kurt Angle level status is commiting career suicide by refusing to blade. It's wrestling.

Having them feud with LAX right now would be Face vs Face and that isn't the done thing at the moment. I think having LAX go over Team 3D is a good idea to give them some credibility first. They really miss Konnan being around as part of their act. Salinas and Hector Guerrero are only taking the focus off of LAX.

I love the Scott Steiner and Petey Williams tandem. Im glad they finally started pushing Petey as he is phenomenal.

Agreed, in that Petey is great. His character needed a bit of a freshen up too, but this Little Petey Pump deal makes him come off as bit of a tit really. Having Petey team up with Steiner was a fine idea but having it go this far is total overkill.

The X Division is a bit of a state too. Too many multiple man clusterfucks. If they went back to their rankings format from 2006 each match would have importance. I thought that 2 hours was meant to put an end to random six man matches?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11724 on: May 18, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »

Judgment Day was decent but it wasn't without it's problems.  Sky had reception problems all night, they were bearable until the Main Event, that was near enough ruined by them, unfortunately.

Thankfully they did not screw up the superb Michaels vs Jericho match, that match alone made the event, as Ross said at the end, you really could watch these two wrestle all the time....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11725 on: May 19, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »

^I Like how they managed to fix the problem for the last 20 seconds of the match. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11726 on: May 19, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »

Im almost through watching "Sacrifice" and one big thing stands out that makes TNA suck

thats the announcing

Mike Tenay is so Vanilla. He has absolutely the worst fake enthusiasm I've ever heard. They need to bring in Joey Styles or someone.

It really takes away from the importance of th ematch when u have two announcers with no enthusiasm and they sound like they are reading off a piece of paper.

West tries but sounds fake

Rhyno hit a gore in the first round of the tourney and West said "Rhyno with a spear like move"

I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK

GOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11727 on: May 19, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »

and they sound like they are reading off a piece of paper.
You are about to get the biggest shock of your life my friend....  hihi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NBxbP-AmWYA

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11728 on: May 19, 2008, 08:39:31 PM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
Oh my god that is just horrendous

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11729 on: May 19, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »

Im almost through watching "Sacrifice" and one big thing stands out that makes TNA suck

thats the announcing

Mike Tenay is so Vanilla. He has absolutely the worst fake enthusiasm I've ever heard. They need to bring in Joey Styles or someone.

It really takes away from the importance of th ematch when u have two announcers with no enthusiasm and they sound like they are reading off a piece of paper.

Rhyno hit a gore in the first round of the tourney and West said "Rhyno with a spear like move"

I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK

rofl

i can't agree more......speaking of styles wtf happened to him? Becuase he's gone ECW has gotten worse, i hate that new doucher Angry

and what ever happened to the other ECW original anouncer?....something Gurtner headscratch

and wheres Sabu, sandman, and every other ECW original?

and when are they gonna finally let it DIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?Huh

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11730 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »

I read and editorial where Vince wants Mike Adamle to be THAT bad. Says they had plenty of time to edit out his mistakes and didnt so they think Vince wants people to watch just to see what he will fuck up next.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11731 on: May 19, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »

thats the announcing

I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK

rofl

i can't agree more......speaking of styles wtf happened to him? Becuase he's gone ECW has gotten worse, i hate that new doucher Angry

and what ever happened to the other ECW original anouncer?....something Gurtner headscratch

and wheres Sabu, sandman, and every other ECW original?

and when are they gonna finally let it DIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?Huh

Styles is in charge of WWE.com if you ever take the time to visit the site.

I agree that Vince is making Adalme look that bad because 2 weeks ago he had him come out on Raw to replace Ross for a match and it was terrible. Maybe he is pulling the watch the train wreck angle.

Only old school ECW are Dreamer, (Didnt balls get cut recently) and they were only brought back to start ECW off with some backbone and to job to Vince's new ecw guys.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11732 on: May 19, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »

i got better things to do than to go to the wwe web site.......like come here on a G'n"R board and talk wrestling. Not like theres any new albums coming out soon anyway Roll Eyes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11733 on: May 20, 2008, 04:29:51 AM »

WWE style match....

You What?

Coming from the promotion that has reverse battle royals and feast or fired matches, it was a TNA match through and..... actually, coming from the guy behind the "Judy Bagwell on a Pole" match, it was a RUSSO match through and through.

Judy bagwell on a pole...god i forgot about that..one word for that horrible shit was hilarious.  rofl rofl It was just so fucking horribly funny.  rofl smoking

Thankfully they did not screw up the superb Michaels vs Jericho match, that match alone made the event, as Ross said at the end, you really could watch these two wrestle all the time....

I cannot agree with you more. Easily the match of the night. I would have no problem watching these guys all the time..their just so damn good in the ring together.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11734 on: May 20, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »

Only old school ECW are Dreamer (Didnt balls get cut recently) and they were only brought back to start ECW off with some backbone and to job to Vince's new ecw guys.

Little Guido (Nunzio) and Stevie Richards are still there aswell.  Wink

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11735 on: May 20, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »

WWE suspends pro wrestler William Regal for 60 days for second drug violation
Module body

STAMFORD, Conn. - World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended performer Darren Matthews for 60 days for his second drug violation.

Stamford-based WWE spokeswoman Jennifer McIntosh declined to say Tuesday what drugs were involved. Matthews wrestles under the name William Regal.

McIntosh said there have been more than 30 suspensions under the WWE substance abuse and drug-testing policy begun in 2006, which requires tests for steroids and other drugs.

A wrestler faces a 30-day suspension without pay for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation. Performers are tested at least four times a year.

Last August, WWE suspended 10 wrestlers for ordering drugs, mostly human growth hormones, in violation of policy.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11736 on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »

I'm guessing this is why he was firrrred last night?

Also, was there an actual point where Kennedy *officially* became a face? 'Cos it just seemed to.....happen.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11737 on: May 20, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »

WWE style match....

You What?

Coming from the promotion that has reverse battle royals and feast or fired matches, it was a TNA match through and..... actually, coming from the guy behind the [i]"Judy Bagwell on a Pole"[/i] match, it was a RUSSO match through and through.

Izzy,

Awhile back you asked how WCW went from ruling the world to being a joke.

Hammy just gave you the single best microcosm example you could ever possibly want.

Ye gods...just remembering the "Judy Bagwell on a pole" match send douche chills up my spine.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11738 on: May 20, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »

WhatI dont understand is WHY WOULD A GM need steriods? I mean did he beg so hard to get back into the ring, wind up in the ring and was like shit now what do I do, I am hoping he tested positive for Cocaine or Heroine, because it doesnt look like the steriods where helping him out any.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11739 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »

WWE style match....

You What?

Coming from the promotion that has reverse battle royals and feast or fired matches, it was a TNA match through and..... actually, coming from the guy behind the [i]"Judy Bagwell on a Pole"[/i] match, it was a RUSSO match through and through.

Izzy,

Awhile back you asked how WCW went from ruling the world to being a joke.

Hammy just gave you the single best microcosm example you could ever possibly want.

Ye gods...just remembering the "Judy Bagwell on a pole" match send douche chills up my spine.

I thought making Jeff Jarret a world champion was when they jumped the shark. As he imo wasnt a leader in wcw at that point.

WHen they made David Arquette champion in promotion with his crappy wrestlin movie is when they jumped the moon.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: