Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828402 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11640 on: April 22, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »

I thought the KOTR would be full of Mid Carders. and the WWE started off strong.

I mean come on MVP vs Jericho and CM Punk vs Matt Hardy, what a start to Raw

Then the KOTR DIED RIGHT THERE, with Khali against Finlay? What a joke, I knew when the Referee was counting and started at one and yelled at Khali instead of counting regually to 10 to count him out that Finlay was going to win by DQ right there. And then have Regal defeat Hornswoggle, then a Hurt Finaly and then Have him pushed over Punk, Hell I would guess Regal was the real booker/ general manager, not just the TV one for a KOTR to be like that.  When I firsy heard of the KOTR I was thinking Jericho Vs Punk for the finals and last night that was the highlight of the tournament.

For a 3 hour Raw It was probalby THE WORST 3 hour Raw I have ever seen.

Having the canidates talk, and the stupid match where Hilary and Barack get interupted by Umaga? WTF? Am I smoking something this makes no sense. There is a Reason why THE ROCK will never come back to WWE even for one night, when you bring out barack pretending to be the Rock. It wasnt even funny or entertaining, They didnt look anythign like the real characters. Not to mention shouldnt Hilary come out to Meatloaf's THE BITCH IS BACK? Coming out to hulk hogan and pretending to be him just wasnt funny/entertaining.  WHy would Umaga who is a heal come out to kick their butts? This doesnt make any sense? If anything have old USA chanting Hacksaw come out and clean house, that would make "some" sense. Or have Jesse Ventura Clean house that would make some sense. Hell Have Vince McMahon beat this butts saying he is the most powerful man in the world that would make some sense, but Umaga. Hmmmm. No one for Umaga to wrestle at WM 23, OK Lets have Vince vs Trump and Through Lashey at him, ok WM 24 ok SD vs Raw, Umaga is in.  Raw 3 hours now room for Umaga, Ok have him run in on Hilary and Barack. There we go thats a good storyline, He's samoan why would he even care about an American Pres?

can you smell what McCain's Cooking, Can you smell what Barack is cooking, can you smell Cowbell loosing the last respect he has for the WWE?

Hornwoggle Finlay? JOKE

Finlay passing out in the Regal Stretch?  What is this WCW 1994? Where is Shad, JTG, Carlito, and all these other wrestlers who were talking about the WWE so much.

Hardcore Holly Vs Carlito? Great you are #1 contenders. When the hell do you cash in? Is it like Money in the Bank? Is it like Cryme Tyme last year when they had a gaureteed Title shot and never got it? Its not going to happen on ANY PPV. I still remember your long hair and driving race cars in the 90's Sparkplug.

The woman's celebration, WHY and I mean WHY is this on TV, is this the best excuse for getting all the women some TV time? 

The main Event Tag Match?  Not a terrible match but this is the conclusion to your big 3 hours raw, another way of jsut selling your PPV by having all the champions and their opponents in one ring?  Why not build up WWE storylines, Why is Chavo even on TV, he gets tossed around like the rag doll he is.

I am just furious I order a pizza, Cracked a fresh can of Copenhagan and busted up some Coca Cola for this? I gave up good Halo 3 playing time for the WORST raw in weeks if not years.

Theres my rumbling

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #11641 on: April 22, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »

I remember when King of the Ring actually meant something. I was excited about last night's show. I thought we'd see a lot of cool matches between up-and-comers . . . and instead we get Hornswaggle vs. William Regal. I don't follow wrestling like I used to, but after last night's show, I wonder why I ever watch it. Wrestling is dead.

Here Today . . .
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11642 on: April 22, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »

Meh, giving Regal the win was great, he'll excel in the role, it's a great title that heels can utilise much better than faces.  It'll rejuvinate his gimmick.  He's great in the ring and cut's superb promo's.  I'm one who is always slating the 'E for not pushing talent they already have (Venis, Richards, Regal) so it's good to see them, rather than bring up a clueless hoss from development they just make one of their most talented guys, in the space of one night a top heel.  They also did it in the right manner.  He's a cowardly heel, he's bound to win by cheating or having an easier time.  He beat Hornswoggle in 10 seconds and then essentially a one legged guy.  The result did CM Punk no harm, he'd just defeated Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho, they easily played off the "He's had a much tougher route" as an excuse.  This also sets up a feud between the two, in which, Regal, talented veteran he is can put over Punk.

Michaels and Batista also had another great back and forth promo.

As for the Diva segment, it was short and helped ignite the Mickie vs Beth feud.  It wasn't your usual, lapdancing contest crap, it was done to build up a title feud, focus was actually put on the belt, stuff like that I am absolutely fine with, especially considering the 2 people involved, Mickie especially, are Diva's who can actually go in the ring.

As for Umaga the dude works alone, he's a wacko jungle savage who just beats the crap out of who and what he doesn't like, and considering how bad that segment was I'm sure faces and heels alike were meant to hate it. This isn't the old times anyway where there is a line in the sand with faces on one side and heels on the other.  Umaga will come and take out who he wants, it wasn't so long since he was beating the crap out of JBL.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:19:36 PM by Hammy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11643 on: April 22, 2008, 06:18:57 PM »

Meh, giving Regal the win was great, he'll excel in the role, it's a great title that heels can utilise much better than faces.  It'll rejuvinate his gimmick.  He's great in the ring and cut's superb promo's.  I'm one who is always slating the 'E for not pushing talent they already have (Venis, Richards, Regal) so it's good to see them, rather than bring up a clueless hoss from development they just make one of their most talented guys, in the space of one night a top heel.  They also did it in the right manner.  He's a cowardly heel, he's bound to win by cheating or having an easier time.  He beat Hornswoggle in 10 seconds and then essentially a one legged guy.  The result did CM Punk no harm, he'd just defeated Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho, they easily played off the "He's had a much tougher route" as an excuse.  This also sets up a feud between the two, in which, Regal, talented veteran he is can put over Punk.

Michaels and Batista also had another great back and forth promo.

As for the Diva segment, it was short and helped ignite the Mickie vs Beth feud.  It wasn't your usual, lapdancing contest crap, it was done to build up a title feud, focus was actually put on the belt, stuff like that I am absolutely fine with, especially considering the 2 people involved, Mickie especially, are Diva's who can actually go in the ring.

The Money In the Bank has taken the place of King of the Ring, so what was the point in even having it?

CM Punk has jobbed to Jericho and now regal since winning MITB.  Hell of a way to start off a push for a title.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11644 on: April 22, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »

The Money In the Bank has taken the place of King of the Ring, so what was the point in even having it?

CM Punk has jobbed to Jericho and now regal since winning MITB.  Hell of a way to start off a push for a title.
Jobbed to Jericho and beaten him in a return match last night and I've already explained why the Regal defeat was harmless.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11645 on: April 23, 2008, 12:21:43 AM »

I just hope that Regal gets his butt back into the ring, he got a push last night that I cant say he didnt deserve, and with his match against Orton last week I would hate to see this all roll over and go back to being the GM.

I like the HBK / Dave banter, I wouldnt like it as much if I had them on my team in the WWE game as they never wrestle and only banter, But it was one of the highlights of the show.

I don't think CM lost anything by tapping out, Afteral minutes earlier he didnt tap out in the Walls of Jericho so I think he saved face.  I was just disappoint in the bottom half of the KOTR tournament quality wise, Now I can understand the Heal Regal having an easy road.But to me I was expecting some quality matches, Finlay Vs Khali, and Regal Vs Horsnwoggle were not really even matches as much a 1 minute beatdown they should of just had Regal and Finlay have a bye.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11646 on: April 23, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

I really dont like what wwe has done with the king of the ring. I always liked the concept. A tournament to determine the kind of the ring. It should be one of the top things in the wwe. It should have the top superstars in it and it should have its own PPV again. It would be kool if they had a king of the ring ppv in june and the winner gets a title shot at summerslam. Use the raws leading up to it as qualifying matches and than have the top eight or final four on the ppv. Have all the top talent involved accept the title holders. I know they use to do that and they should bring it back.

I dunno, im just disappointed that a cool concept was turned in to the crap fast that was raw. Though there were some decent matches, the ktor should have top talent involved.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11647 on: April 24, 2008, 09:41:03 AM »

Apparently "PS" (or in this case purely stupid) Michael Hayes has been suspended for 60 days because he used racist language towards Mark Henry.

During Wrestlemania weekend he was reported as saying "Im more of a n***er than you are."

Roll Eyes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11648 on: April 24, 2008, 12:37:47 PM »

During Wrestlemania weekend he was reported as saying "Im more of a n***er than you are."

Really not the best thing to say to a large, musclebound black man, is it?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11649 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:30 PM »

Really not the best thing to say to a large, musclebound black man, is it?

Maybe PS Hayes ment to say Nagger. To be honest his comments and mic skills always nagged me.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11650 on: April 25, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »

First Raw in 6 months I didn't watch, deliberatelly I might add

What happened to feuds in the WWE?

They are created in week 2, ''built up'' in week three and resolved at the PPV in week 4......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11651 on: April 25, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »

First Raw in 6 months I didn't watch, deliberatelly I might add

What happened to feuds in the WWE?

They are created in week 2, ''built up'' in week three and resolved at the PPV in week 4......

Thats a "good fued" Hell WWE throws 2 jabronis together in week 3 that have nothing in common sometimes and they resolve it at the PPV.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11652 on: April 26, 2008, 09:38:55 AM »

Backlash:

HHH (but I wouldn't be surprised if Orton wins it)
Undertaker
Kane
Matt Hardy/MVP to end in a DQ or countout or some such
Batista
Show
Face divas

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11653 on: April 26, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »

Backlash:

Well, whoever wins it, CM Punk's cashing in afterwards...........................

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11654 on: April 26, 2008, 10:36:02 AM »

Orton
Undertaker
Kane
Matt Hardy
Batista
Khali
Heel Divas

Backlash:

Well, whoever wins it, CM Punk's cashing in afterwards...........................
Can't see CM Punk cashing it in so early, however he isn't really in a fued right now, so I wouldn't be suprised.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11655 on: April 26, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »

Backlash:

Can't see CM Punk cashing it in so early, however he isn't really in a fued right now, so I wouldn't be suprised.
That wasn't a prediction by Jim that was a "Bah gawd the bastard better cash in if he'd done it at Wrestlemania I'd be HTGTH Champ....dammit" kind of comment.  Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11656 on: April 26, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »

*Shakes fist*

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11657 on: April 26, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »

*Shakes Imaginary Title Belt*

Incidently this game offers more than any other, so I'm sure you would rather win this, I mean we actually have a mystery prize for the winner.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11658 on: April 26, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »

Backlash:

THE BIG SHOW,
JBL
Undertaker, his last regin was too short, this one should be longer
Kane, we all seen the poster.
Matt Hardy,
Batista

BEth's Team, with Beth either pinning a face diva or knocking one out for someone else to pin.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11659 on: April 26, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »

^ You what?

You think they are going to put the strap on John Bradshaw Layfield  Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: