Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828888 times)
bucketheader
Opening Act

Bucketheader- The Original And Best

« Reply #11580 on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »

nobody mentions TAKA michinoku from RR 2000 do they, Lawler commented on that and sked to see it like 8 times in the rumble lol lol

Dude seriously, the album's coming, just be patient ok.

Bucketheader. The real deal on this forum and others.

I play in a little band called Patchwork Grace too.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11581 on: April 05, 2008, 11:14:30 AM »

nobody mentions TAKA michinoku from RR 2000 do they, Lawler commented on that and sked to see it like 8 times in the rumble lol lol
That's when him and Funaki kept running it right?  Didn't he legit get injured and Funaki ran down the last time solo?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11582 on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »

^Yeah, and when they show Taka landing on his face in slow motion, Lawler adds a "doink" sound effect. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11583 on: April 05, 2008, 01:50:10 PM »

^ They've just announced OUR dream Smackdown Main Event.  Undertaker vs Festus  Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11584 on: April 05, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

^YES! I'd love Festus to win that but are they really gonna have their new World Champion lose to Festus? It'd be nice if they did, 'cos I could get 12 points. Tongue

After watching SD, I don't get the Batista angle. Batista's pissed that Michaels didn't lay down for Flair even though Flair himself demanded that Michaels "bring his A-game" to WM. Zuh?

I trust that Dave's the heel in all this...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11585 on: April 05, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »

^ Well they say wrestlers are best when they play themselves, or at least a version of themselves with the volume turned up.  Such as Orton's a cocky asshole and he plays a......

Triple H really does think he's that damn good.

So is it that hard to believe they have Batista playing dumb? Wink
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11586 on: April 06, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »

The Paul London one... I actually thought that we was dead. Or at least crippled. Was that the Rumble that ended in an absolute shambles, with Vince unable to get up off the mat?

I think we all thought he'd been killed, it looked horrendous, I have no idea how he didn't break his neck...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11587 on: April 06, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »

^YES! I'd love Festus to win that but are they really gonna have their new World Champion lose to Festus? It'd be nice if they did, 'cos I could get 12 points. Tongue

After watching SD, I don't get the Batista angle. Batista's pissed that Michaels didn't lay down for Flair even though Flair himself demanded that Michaels "bring his A-game" to WM. Zuh?

I trust that Dave's the heel in all this...

I liked how HBK kept calling him dave like they are personal friends trying to solve a personal matter.

AGAIN this angle goes back to my point there really is no purpose for Bautista in WWE. For WM they had to throw together a brand vs brand match to get him on the card. If he isnt the world champion there is no role for him. They already did angles with him and EDGE and Baustita and Undertaker, there is no one left on SD for him, sooo lets throw in this angle where Baustita is mad, no no PISSED at HBK for ending Flair's career.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11588 on: April 06, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »

I liked how HBK kept calling him dave like they are personal friends trying to solve a personal matter.

I notcied that too. Sometimes it's the little things that matter. I thought it helped add some more drama and seriousness to the whole angle.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11589 on: April 09, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »

Shawn Michaels is impressing everybody backstage with his willingness to continue learning despite being near the end of his career. As we noted a few weeks back Jamie Noble has been teaching him some new mat wrestling moves and he has since had some sparring with Finlay.

Source: PW Mania

Anyone else think a HBK/Finlay match would be awesome?  Smiley

They both have very contrasting styles, but with HBK having the ability to have a good match with almost anyone and Finlay even dragging decent matches out of Lashley in his best matches ever for the WWE when he first came in, I think this could have the potential to be pretty good.

Not that it's happening of course, but just a random thought.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:20:40 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11590 on: April 09, 2008, 12:29:09 PM »

The fans would never buy it but HBK and Noble would have a five star match!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11591 on: April 09, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »

In a recent issue of WWE magazine with HBK on the cover Michaels called Noble "Smackdowns best kept secret."  yes

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11592 on: April 09, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »

In a recent issue of WWE magazine with HBK on the cover Michaels called Noble "Smackdowns best kept secret."  yes
Yeah the secret is he's uber talented but to small for creative to take him seriously and too small and jobbed out too many times for the fans to so the point still stands, the match would not work, well under the WWE Banner, it'd be perfect in say....ROH.

Edit: And why in the blue hell do you buy the WWE Magazine ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:38:17 PM by Hammy » Logged
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11593 on: April 09, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »

I don't usually buy it. The only Wrestling mag I normally buy is Powerslam. WWE is biased obviously and FSM rambles on incoherently while Powerslam gets straight to the point.

I only bought it as a one-off as HBK was in the featured article. It's been years since he's been interviewed. Oh and he says the beard is here to stay because the longer he stays home the more redneck he gets.  hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11594 on: April 09, 2008, 12:48:51 PM »

I don't usually buy it. The only Wrestling mag I normally buy is Powerslam. WWE is biased obviously and FSM rambles on incoherently while Powerslam gets straight to the point.

I only bought it as a one-off as HBK was in the featured article. It's been years since he's been interviewed. Oh and he says the beard is here to stay because the longer he stays home the more redneck he gets.  hihi

Ah so the Heart Break Hobo remains.

FSM is alright, I like how they do mucho DVD reviews and they are on the whole a bit more positive.  As much as I like Powerslam they can be overly negative and heck they always bash Billy Gunn and if there's one thing I won't stand for....

...Edit: Check out p356 of this thread for some Monty Sopp love and one of the greatest Fameasser's....EVER!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:55:11 PM by Hammy » Logged
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11595 on: April 09, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

Ah so the Heart Break Hobo remains.

FSM is alright, I like how they do mucho DVD reviews and they are on the whole a bit more positive.  As much as I like Powerslam they can be overly negative and heck they always bash Billy Gunn and if there's one thing I won't stand for....
Haha, they actually used to bash HBK aswell, but they've toned down these days. rant

Powerslam covers everything though from WWE/TNA/ROH , they have great intriguing interviews, they have tour results, one page interviews with indie stars, DVD reviews (which is always spot on imo) questions from readers, ppv results, and superb indepth analysis of past wrestlers which they've now begun to do. (Austins this month was a great article) Basically everyhthing you want to know in the Wrestling world, Powerslam has it covered. The only one page I dislike in the entire mag is Stately Wayne Manor's Quips which I have to force myself to read each month. Its utter garbage and does not make no sense whatsoever.  Roll Eyes

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11596 on: April 10, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »

[
Whatever

Glad you get off on some fossil performing the same three moves while wrestlers half his age and twice his talent are stuck on ECW.....

Frankly I don't care what some flamboyant old man did 2 decades ago

Do we watch any other program because of what some guy did decades earlier? - does that get us tuning in each week?

I don't watch football because that team won that trophy when I was 6, its irrelevant

I'm interested in the show in the here and now - Flair might have had the best steel cage match ever againt Heehawboohoo in 1974 but how does that help my enjoyment of RAW in 2008?

Can't you see my point?

Current achievements are all well and good but frankly, its 'what have you done for me lately' in TV, do we really watch a show because it was once better?

If i won the London marathon a decade ago - would I be first in your sports team today?

..and one last point

Who's to say his legacy was good or beneficial? Flair may have helped make the WWE what it is today - but is that a good thing?

You know....I think the above puts you, and your "opinion" in all the context it needs to be in.

It displays a stunning lack of respect, foresight, knowledge, and perspective.

I don't need to add ANYTHING more to it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11597 on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »

Chavo Guerrero's bodyguard, Justin Larouche, will be called "Bam Neely" on WWE television.

jeez talk about cheesy names  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11598 on: April 10, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »

You know....I think the above puts you, and your "opinion" in all the context it needs to be in.

It displays a stunning lack of respect, foresight, knowledge, and perspective.

I don't need to add ANYTHING more to it.

oh frak off you nerd

''lack of respect'' - for a 60 year old in a fake fight???

I must respect his incredible uncomplishments? Yeah...because its well hard to win a title decided by a team of writers nervous

Dude, wrestling isn't real - and aren't you really just a bit too old for wrestling now?

Wrestling is enjoyable for its utter absurdity, its basically 24 carate rubbish, badly acted, badly staged - and yet there in lies the fun

Enjoy it by all means, hell I do, but don't try and describe Rick Flair like some prodigious footballer

I'll sum up my thoughts in one easy to understand point

Wrestling was at its peak when Rick Falir wasn't around (Attitude)

...strangely enough attitude era ended almost at the same time Rick Flair returned

strange?

whats that about a legacy?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:41:00 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11599 on: April 10, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »

'Frak'... The single worst thing about Battlestar Galactica. It undermines the entire smegging show!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: