Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829111 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11540 on: April 01, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »

Well if you guys thought the Flair match at mania was emotional you really need to check out the end of raw last night, really impressive stuff by wwe, and an awesome send off for Ric. The original horsemen, malenko, steamboat, harley race, his family and the entire locker room came out to say goodbye, amazing stuff.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11541 on: April 01, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »

Well if you guys thought the Flair match at mania was emotional you really need to check out the end of raw last night, really impressive stuff by wwe, and an awesome send off for Ric. The original horsemen, malenko, steamboat, harley race, his family and the entire locker room came out to say goodbye, amazing stuff.

I liked the sendoff, but to see guys out there next to or around guys they have been fueiding with kinda makes their fueds a little fake like how Orton came out after Flair last week made him tap out in the Fig 4 or seeing Edge smiling after he just lost his title the night before. . Didnt see Undertaker out there and kinda glad It would change my mind how I view him to actually see him show emotion clapping. It was weird enough to see Snitsky in street clothes clapping and smiling..

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11542 on: April 01, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »

Almost immediately after Raw went off the air, the familiar tolling of a bell sounded, the lights went dark, and the wrestlers parted the aisle to let the Undertaker through. He did his full entrance, stepped into the ring, took off his coat and hat, then shook Flair's hand and embraced him, while whispering in his ear. Undertaker then took his signature pose on one knee and saluted the Nature Boy.

Next out was Vince McMahon, who rushed to the ring with a gigantic smile on his face and then absorbed Flair in a big, enthusiastic hug. He held up Flair's hand in victory and posed for the arena.

Flair then brought his family back into the ring, and did his strut, took off his jacket, dropped and dropped an elbow and a knee on it, to the crowd's delight. He had the camera zoom in on a gold watch that he said McMahon had just given him.

After taking the microphone and giving the fans one last, emotional, "Thank you," Flair stepped out of the ring, and made his way down the ramp.

Then in absolutely awesome moment, the gathering of wrestlers and WWE officials parted, in unison with 16,000 fans, bowed to the greatest wrestler who ever lived.

Flair shook several hands, and hugged several tearful admirers - including Stephanie McMahon, before blowing a final kiss to the audience, and disappearing behind the curtain.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11543 on: April 01, 2008, 03:00:34 PM »

Gotta say Raw last night was excellent, the best Raw in a couple of years atleast in my opinion.

Firstly it was good to see Matt come through the crowd again and get more revenge. I was slightly confused at why they would tease a Orton/JBL feud since I think it would bomb.

I was really shocked to see Cryme Tyme, in a good way. Atleast there a basically established tag team, hopefully they will finally get to use there 1# Contendership from NYR 07  hihi

Santino's promo was hilarious, can't get better comedy promos from anyone else

Rhodes/Holly vs Londrick was a pretty good match and I'm so glad Londrick finally get the chance to show off their stuff, hopefully this means WWE are actually going to put some effort in tag division

Santino vs Maria, not too bad good for what it was. I'm sure I wasn't the only person envious of Santino during that match

Orton vs Matt was pretty good, I knew Matt wouldn't win but it made him look good and helped put over Orton as an actual champ

Flair's farewell - all I can say is WOW! I've never been a big Flair fan but by God he deserved that, there aint no better way to go out than that!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11544 on: April 01, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »

Ya know Flair did a good match at Mania - but he was passed it 15 years ago, and has done considerable damage to WWE with his ancient image

'greatest living wrestler' - oh c'mon, how many people on the street could even tell you who Ric Flair was? How many of us are old enough to have seen Flair in his prime - certainly not me and I'm 24 now. Perhaps he was awesome in 1970 but I'm rather more concerned with what a wrestler has done lately. I don't watch today RAW to relieve past glories

He's yesterdays star and frankly its good riddance to a average wrestler who took WWE's 3 move matches to new lows.....yes thats right, two moves....

Get the young stars through!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11545 on: April 01, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »

CD Eventually. i didnt know you were at WM i found a pic with you holding the best sign of the night  rofl

lmao lol naa i wasn't there but i did, however, get the PayPerView. Much cheeper Grin

Almost immediately after Raw went off the air, the familiar tolling of a bell sounded, the lights went dark, and the wrestlers parted the aisle to let the Undertaker through. He did his full entrance, stepped into the ring, took off his coat and hat, then shook Flair's hand and embraced him, while whispering in his ear. Undertaker then took his signature pose on one knee and saluted the Nature Boy.

Next out was Vince McMahon, who rushed to the ring with a gigantic smile on his face and then absorbed Flair in a big, enthusiastic hug. He held up Flair's hand in victory and posed for the arena.

Flair then brought his family back into the ring, and did his strut, took off his jacket, dropped and dropped an elbow and a knee on it, to the crowd's delight. He had the camera zoom in on a gold watch that he said McMahon had just given him.

After taking the microphone and giving the fans one last, emotional, "Thank you," Flair stepped out of the ring, and made his way down the ramp.

Then in absolutely awesome moment, the gathering of wrestlers and WWE officials parted, in unison with 16,000 fans, bowed to the greatest wrestler who ever lived.

Flair shook several hands, and hugged several tearful admirers - including Stephanie McMahon, before blowing a final kiss to the audience, and disappearing behind the curtain.

thats awesome i'm gonna miss hearing that iconic "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" every RAW

ps
Izzy:

don't be an asshole, that "old average" wrestler you refered to could kick your ass to the moon. Show some respect Angry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11546 on: April 01, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »

Ya know Flair did a good match at Mania - but he was passed it 15 years ago, and has done considerable damage to WWE with his ancient image

'greatest living wrestler' - oh c'mon, how many people on the street could even tell you who Ric Flair was? How many of us are old enough to have seen Flair in his prime - certainly not me and I'm 24 now. Perhaps he was awesome in 1970 but I'm rather more concerned with what a wrestler has done lately. I don't watch today RAW to relieve past glories

He's yesterdays star and frankly its good riddance to a average wrestler who took WWE's 3 move matches to new lows.....yes thats right, two moves....

Flair's prime as you call it was pretty much the entire 80's.  He had some of the most amazing matches from 86-89 with Terry Funk, Sting, Steamboat and some of the most amazing matches ever with "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin (seeing those two was my first ever wrestling show).  He still had it in the 90's also up until Hogan budged his way into WCW and Flair pretty much jobbed his title to him and from there on out was on a downward spiral.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11547 on: April 02, 2008, 02:59:58 AM »

i hope theres a video of undertaker coming out after raw went off the air on youtube. i wish they would post up these kinds of stuff that we dont see on raw on the wwe site
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11548 on: April 02, 2008, 03:14:05 AM »

found it...  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07EoupiGjg
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11549 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »

The WWE have taken the video down Sad.

Oh well, I got to see it once earlier. Pretty cool.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11550 on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:30 AM »

i was gonna download that video since i had a feeling it would of been taken down but i figured since it was flairs fairwell and we got a chance to see the stuff we didnt get to see in the end they would leave it up but guess not

edit. just checked the guys videos and part 1 and 2 are still there except the video that didnt air on youtube
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:37:15 AM by w.axl.rose » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11551 on: April 02, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

Consider the promo cut:

You did NOT just piss on Ric fucking Flair?

You did NOT!

I'm 33.  I've been a fan since...god....as long as I can remember. 

Flair WAS wrestling (along with Hogan), right up until the early 90's...and maybe well into them, depending on your perspective. While Hogan (who, FYI, I greatly admire and respect) and McMahon were turning out "cartoon" wrestling back in the 80's, Flair was pioneering what you folks eventually caught on to in the WWE with the "Attitude Era".  Ask any wrester active today who one of their inspirations was and I guaren-damn-tee you that within the first 3 or 4 names you hear "The Nature Boy".  Ask any of the older guys who the best of the best was and you'll hear 2 names, consistently: Flair and Hogan.

You can certainly pick apart what Ric has become, of late....a sideshow shell of his former self, who, maybe, has overstayed his welcome.  I get it.

But don't piss on his legacy...what he's meant to this "sport", to this industry.  It shows a stunning lack of respect, and, quite frankly, a stunning amount of ignorance. 

Respect what he's done, and how it's shaped the product you're a fan of.  Respect what  this guy has given over the past...what...35+ years...all in an effort to entertain wrestling fans.  Respect the COPIOUS amount of blood and sweat the guy, literally, has given in order to drive this industry.  And respect this guy has just decided to end his career the RIGHT way and retire.  Basically, KNOW YOUR ROLE, jabroni.

End promo.

Ric...here's hoping your limo riding, jet flying, kiss stealing son of a gun self rides off into the sunset to a great life with your family and friends. 

Here's to you Ric!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 01:02:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11552 on: April 02, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »

Flair still had some balls in the 1990's. I remember when he first came to the WWE and shocked the world at the ROyal Rumble, when it looked like Hogan was going to win for the 3rd straight year and Sid flipped Hogan and Flair flipped Sid for the Title.

I only wish Flair and Hogan would of fueded back in 1992 after the Rumble so the two titans of the 1980's could of had a good fued, and not what happened when Bishoff gave Hogan the world to come back out of retirement and return to WCW.  I think Flair still had something left in him up til 2001 when he wrestled Sting on the Final Nitro I think that was about the time flair had nothing left to proove or do in the business.  He has a passion for wrestling so he had to come back, I just wish that he didn't have to win or retire I didnt like that gimmick, and to have him beat everyone straight for 5-6 months was a little unbelievable.

Flair was great for a few things.

HEALS. If you love Wrestling Heals you have to respect Flair, WHile WWF was having Hogan go 3 years with the title and Having Happy Baby Face people like Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Hulk Hogan roll with the title, only using heals to carry the title from one PPV to the next to loose it to a new face. Flair was with NWA Leading the terrories as a Heal. NCA and early WCW was all about Heals. I think the first real Heal I like that wasn't jobbing to Hogan and Co was Mr Perfect. but thats the early 90's he got his push.

Flair was also one of the leaders of Stables. If you like wrestling stables you have to respect Flair.  His Horsemen were incredible in their day they made what heal stables are, looking out for each other like a gang. Fans loved/hated them at the same time. Thats kind of one thing missing in wrestling back in WCW vs WWF there was probalby 3-4 stables in each wrestling at the same time. McMahon's Corporation, Ministry of Darkness, Nation of Domination rolling in WWF, while at the same time NWO, NWO Wolfpack, ECW group of Raven's Flock, New Four Horsemen, There was gang beat downs everywhere, now we have nothing. So maybe flair could come back in a few months as a manager/jj dillion type of role. As long as he doesn't come back to be a joking jobber (thats right Hacksaw Im talking about you) then Im all for it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11553 on: April 02, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »

I'm unrepentant - I've been watching wrestling for years and ''legacy'' in a fake sport?

WTF?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11554 on: April 02, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »

I'm unrepentant - I've been watching wrestling for years and ''legacy'' in a fake sport?

WTF?

Not enough years, obviously.

Yes, legacy.

Because "fake" or not, the man helped shape the industry....one on whose teet you avidly suckle.

The sport doesn't have to be "real" in order for you to recognize Flair's contributions...which weren't just physical in nature. 

Lifetime achievement awards in other industries...like music and theater....are those people leaving less of a "legacy" because they deal with fiction and art? 

Flash forward 10 or 20 years and, if HHH is still around.....maybe you'll get the gist of where this goes.  And HHH hasn't done, yet, close to what Flair did in his 35+ years.

In all seriousness, I think at your age...maybe you lack the perspective of what being successful in a career over 35+ years, and having HUGE influence on the industry you're in, really MEANS.  I suspect it's that...rather than you being an ignorant twit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 01:56:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11555 on: April 02, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »

WTF?

Sorry what is the exact criteria one needs to have a legacy? Does Al Pacino have a legacy for his incredible serivce to the film industry playing all those fake characters in those scripted fake takes on the real world? What about Steven Spielberg for creating all those fake stories and fake worlds he has created? Walt Disney I wonder does he have a legacy for bringing more incredible fake stuff to the world than anybody else except maybe God, and what about God does he have a legacy?

Answer... to those who believe in him (and I am certainly not one of them) God's legacy is us, the world, the REAL world, but hang on what is to say this is real maybe we are all fake people in a fake world.

I'm no Ric Flair fan and I often wonder what all the fuss is about when people talk about him in such idilic terms but if anybody has a legacy in the World of proffesional wrestling Ric Flair is that man.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11556 on: April 02, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »

video is up again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_2oFNuKa0
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11557 on: April 02, 2008, 08:51:52 PM »

I am glad that crap wasnt on Raw and I am glad that WWE took it off Youtube, Undertaker is always in character and now he is the world champion and the first time we see him hugging someone? Sorry keep it in the back. Don't ruin the image of my fav character.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11558 on: April 02, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »

I am glad that crap wasnt on Raw and I am glad that WWE took it off Youtube, Undertaker is always in character and now he is the world champion and the first time we see him hugging someone? Sorry keep it in the back. Don't ruin the image of my fav character.

It will prolly go on the Wrestlemania DVD as an extra. I dont see anything wrong with that. Breaking character to honor one of the best in the buisness is never a bad thing.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11559 on: April 02, 2008, 10:54:07 PM »

His image was ruined when he became the "American Badass" with his trailer park wife in tow and came down to shitty Limp Bizkits.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: