Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829463 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11500 on: March 30, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »

You recorded it?
Does Sky + have USA?  nervous
A 1 hour version was on this evening 5.30-6.30 pm  Wink
Oh, I see. On Sky Sports?

Apparently it ran a little longer than expected and USA "showed some class by letting the Hall Of Fame ceremony run on an extra 15 minutes to accommodate Ric Flair's lengthy induction." I'm just back from New York, and it was being adverstised like crazy on USA over there so they would have needed to run the whole thing regardless of how long it ran otherwise USA would be recieving an unwelcome backlash from WWE fans.  yes

On another note just saw this:

At this morning's WWE Bacon, Bagels, and Biceps Brunch in Orlando, Florida Matt Hardy was asked when he would return to the ring. Hardy commented by saying, "tonight's a good night."

While nothing has been confirmed and it could be likely that Hardy was just telling fans what they wanted to hear, it is possible that he could be added to the Money in the Bank ladder match at tonight's WrestleMania XXIV.

After his brother Jeff was suspended for 60 days for a Wellness Policy violation, one WWE source said they were still under the impression that they would have 8 participants in the Money in the Bank ladder match. However, as we have seen on WWE television, only 7 participants have been announced

Please god, lets hope this is true!

And finally, my predictions for Wrestlemania:

Triple H
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels  **yes, it's shaping up to be the night of the over 40's club**   rofl
Kennedy or CM Punk (MVP may almost win but Matt will interfere if the above report proves inaccurate)
Ashley/Maria (with help from Snoop Dogg)
Floyd Mayweather (a clean win which will recieve a "nice" ovation from a totally hostile anti Floyd crowd)
JBL
Batista (this could be match of the night)  yes
Chavo (will retain by the skin of his teeth)
Chuck Palumbo or Tommy Dreamer

There, thats me caught up!  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:21:43 PM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11501 on: March 30, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »

Nice to have you back round here dude, shame to hear your interest is forever dwindling.

I recorded HOF, going to watch it tonight before the event, looking forward to it.

Here's a Video Preview of the place, looks superb! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNgqyIfuzM Good thing the ring is covered since reports say there are 50% chance of thunder storms tonight, the crowd aren't covered though  hihi

Has Arron totally given up for MMA then?

Seems that way, he says he isn't watching tonight, shame. This is my 13th straight live wrestlemania so I wouldn't miss no matter.

When its dark that place is gonna look incredible, you have to hand it to wwe, there really is no expense spared when setting these things up. Hope it doenst rain hard/much that could put a real downer on it. Orlando generally gets a rain storm mid afternoon so fingers crossed. And remember 50% means 50% chance of some predipitation somewhere in the area.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11502 on: March 30, 2008, 02:47:17 PM »

Nice to have you back round here dude, shame to hear your interest is forever dwindling.

I recorded HOF, going to watch it tonight before the event, looking forward to it.

Here's a Video Preview of the place, looks superb! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNgqyIfuzM Good thing the ring is covered since reports say there are 50% chance of thunder storms tonight, the crowd aren't covered though  hihi

Has Arron totally given up for MMA then?

Seems that way, he says he isn't watching tonight, shame. This is my 13th straight live wrestlemania so I wouldn't miss no matter.

When its dark that place is gonna look incredible, you have to hand it to wwe, there really is no expense spared when setting these things up. Hope it doenst rain hard/much that could put a real downer on it. Orlando generally gets a rain storm mid afternoon so fingers crossed. And remember 50% means 50% chance of some predipitation somewhere in the area.

Shame, although I love my MMA to, 'tis easy to balance both.

This will be my 10th straight live one, my other live one was numero 10, classic.

Matt Hardy showing up would be sweet.

WWE definately spares no expense and puts their all into these things, same with their DVD releases, always packed with loads of cool extras....

Oh and yeah the HOF was on Sky Sports 2.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11503 on: March 30, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »

A quote from a user on that page: It's going to take the Undertaker 8 years to make it to the ring. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11504 on: March 30, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »

A quote from a user on that page: It's going to take the Undertaker 8 years to make it to the ring. hihi

Haha classic, they should start his entrance now!
Wonder if they are gonna bring in Michael Buffer to do the intros for the mayweather match?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11505 on: March 30, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

You recorded it?
Does Sky + have USA?  nervous
A 1 hour version was on this evening 5.30-6.30 pm  Wink
Oh, I see. On Sky Sports?

Apparently it ran a little longer than expected and USA "showed some class by letting the Hall Of Fame ceremony run on an extra 15 minutes to accommodate Ric Flair's lengthy induction." I'm just back from New York, and it was being adverstised like crazy on USA over there so they would have needed to run the whole thing regardless of how long it ran otherwise USA would be recieving an unwelcome backlash from WWE fans.  yes

On another note just saw this:

At this morning's WWE Bacon, Bagels, and Biceps Brunch in Orlando, Florida Matt Hardy was asked when he would return to the ring. Hardy commented by saying, "tonight's a good night."

While nothing has been confirmed and it could be likely that Hardy was just telling fans what they wanted to hear, it is possible that he could be added to the Money in the Bank ladder match at tonight's WrestleMania XXIV.

After his brother Jeff was suspended for 60 days for a Wellness Policy violation, one WWE source said they were still under the impression that they would have 8 participants in the Money in the Bank ladder match. However, as we have seen on WWE television, only 7 participants have been announced

Please god, lets hope this is true!

And finally, my predictions for Wrestlemania:

Triple H
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels  **yes, it's shaping up to be the night of the over 40's club**   rofl
Kennedy or CM Punk (MVP may almost win but Matt will interfere if the above report proves inaccurate)
Ashley/Maria (with help from Snoop Dogg)
Floyd Mayweather (a clean win which will recieve a "nice" ovation from a totally hostile anti Floyd crowd)
JBL
Batista (this could be match of the night)  yes
Chavo (will retain by the skin of his teeth)
Chuck Palumbo or Tommy Dreamer

There, thats me caught up!  Smiley

I hope CM Punk doesnt win the MITB ladder match, to be that would be a waste, I always thought the MITB matches was a time for a mid carder to be pushed to the top, and if Punk was on SD or Raw I would be all for him winning the match, but he is on ECW and Since ECW was recreated he has been the only CONSISTANT main eventer on the show, I think his fued with Chavo isnt finished or over, so having him have to win to get a title shot is wasteful to me, as he is already at the top and in a fued with the Champion. He is the ONLY Face in ECW getting a push, Look at the rest of the midcarders or main eventers on ECW, Chavo, Miz, Morrison, Bid Daddy V, Benjamin, all heels, There is no other face in ECW to push against Chavo, unless Kane makes the cross over so once again I hope they dont have Punk winning the match. Dreamer, Richards, Delaney, Balls, all there other Wrestlers are jobbers at BEST.

Personally I think Shelton, Kennedy or MVP deserves it the most and could use that push to go to the next level. But I dont think thats happening

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11506 on: March 30, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »

Looks like it might be worth tuning in tonight just for the entrances, after it was revealed earlier that wwe are splashing $300,000 on pyro wwe.com has an article up where chief pyrotechnician (i want that job!) Ron Bleggi reveals the follwoing bits of info about tonights show....

-will be the single biggest pyro event ever
-some pyro effects will reach an astonshing 2000 feet (1/3 of a mile) into the air, compared with a max of 150 at Ford Field last year.
-The FAA have had to been informed of the exact timings and specification to make sure no aircraft is in the vicinity
-total cost of pyro is more than that for WM 22 and 23 combined
-undertakers flames will be 4 times higher than seen before, higher than the stasium itself even
-something very special planned for Mayweather
-he closes by saying that they are in Orlando and they are gonna make even disney jealous!

Can't wait!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11507 on: March 30, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »

Here is whats go nna happen

Undertaker new world champion

Finlay beats JBL *gotta put this Hornswoggle shit to bed, he not being Vince's kid kills that angle thus Finlay finishes the angle with a win over JBL

Maria/Ashley victorious

Kane over chavo for ECW title

Floyd over Big Show via interference from Lashley who will return and we will find out we've been swerved and Lashley never really quit

Chris Jericho wins MITB *unless Matt Hardy comes back* *realistically there is no one else that makes sense* They could give it to kennedy again but I cant see kennedy winning two in a row. That shit just don't happen in WWE.

Shawn Micheals wins tonight, Gonna be a very emotional match and I may get watery eyed at the end.

Randy Orton wins the Triple Threat match

Orton will hit Cena with a weapon, HHH will Pedigree him and turn around into a chair shot then RKO

Orton will pin Cena or HHH for the win and the retain

Chris Jericho will then come down and beat Orton for the WWE title thus setting up a Y2J/Orton feud and u will then have a Cena vs HHH feud.

The title in the WWE is used to make money and add to a feud. Cena/HHH needs no belt to be a huge angle and money grabber.

If Matt Hardy comes back and wins MITB, sub him in for Jericho and that will happen and I will be a very happy Gamer.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:51:27 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11508 on: March 30, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

When Triple H had the belt for near on 2-3 years with the odd drop for a month or so here and there did he REALLY need it?

His Ego needs it, I doubt him after all this time not wanting it back.....
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11509 on: March 30, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »

The title holder in the wwe is also the figurehead of the company, tha man who sells the house show tickets and the merchandise, Randy Orton and Chris Jericho are not that person, Cena and HHH are.  The Cena/HHH feud will likely run over 3 maybe 4 ppvs, the belt is needed as a go between, a common goal, they can sell one match on the basis they hate each other not a whole programme.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11510 on: March 30, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »

When Triple H had the belt for near on 2-3 years with the odd drop for a month or so here and there did he REALLY need it?

His Ego needs it, I doubt him after all this time not wanting it back.....

Hell yeah he married a McMahon and you know "THE GAME" has a ego that is top of the company. I can see him wanting to be world champion for the 12th time at WM. I am just thinking with an Undertaker Title win, I dont know if they going to swap 2 titles on the same night.

With a Triple H /Cena fued, is it possible Orton could loose tonight and fued with Jericho for the IC, Being they are both muplite world champions can they fued nice over a second tier title?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11511 on: March 30, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

I dont know if they going to swap 2 titles on the same night.
They've done it before, year Cena/Batista won, that's not an issue.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #11512 on: March 30, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »

Now watching the battle royal on wwe.com, its so wierd seeing it iin broad daylight with the wind and stuff. The set looks absolutely incredible, its humugous. Enjoy the show guys looking forward to hearing what you think tomorrow, i will prob leave a few comments before bed later.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11513 on: March 30, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »

Well, looks like Kanes heading to Wrestlemania.

It would be cool if he won, he would make the ECW World Title credible....well more so than Chavo who is still a cruiserwight in my eyes. Even Morrison made the title seem more valuable.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11514 on: March 30, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

Missed the fuckin' battle royal, still won't work keep getting bs about subscribing for premium content... rant rant rant rant
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11515 on: March 30, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »

why isn't candace in the bunny mania thingy anymore?

ps:

when and where is smackdown on? the last three week i've turned it to the CW and i've seen fucking basketball rant

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11516 on: March 30, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »

^ She's injured.

If someone could get me or do me a list of battle royal eliminations and by who I would be mucho grateful. ok
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11517 on: March 30, 2008, 09:00:35 PM »

Well, looks like Kanes heading to Wrestlemania.

It would be cool if he won, he would make the ECW World Title credible....well more so than Chavo who is still a cruiserwight in my eyes. Even Morrison made the title seem more valuable.

Morrison makes nothing valuable.

Chavo lost my interest when pepe died.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11518 on: March 30, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »

I think HBK broke his ribs.  nervous

LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #11519 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »

wow i Fen hate Floyed i hope he never comes back to the wwe and i never hear his name again!
but  befor that shit mtahc WM has been Amazing!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: