Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:16:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829565 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11460 on: March 15, 2008, 09:32:26 PM »

Yeah, with the "I" being the general "I," meaning most people.

I on the other hand, could not!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11461 on: March 15, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »

I on the other hand, could not!
"I" could give you a tip or two. Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11462 on: March 17, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »

Gary Hart passed away yesterday afternoon at his home in Euless, TX, after returning from an autograph session in Allentown, PA. He was 66.

Hart would have been among the top wrestling managers of all-time and was a fixture in the Dallas area working for Fritz Von Erich. He was best known for managing people like Bruiser Brody, The Spoiler, Great Kabuki, Chris Adams and the Great Muta.

Hart was the heel manager used when Eddie Graham and booker Bill Watts turned Dusty Rhodes babyface in Florida in 1974. As a booker, he was the mastermind of the building of Kerry Von Erich in Dallas in the early 80s, and booked the famous Christmas 1982 cage match with Ric Flair that ignited the territory.

To be honest he was a bit before my time and I know little of him, but it's always a shame when someone from the wrestling world dies.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11463 on: March 18, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »

Looks like Candice got injured again last night on Raw.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11464 on: March 23, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »

Pictures of the Citrus Bowl being prepared for Wrestlemania: http://wrestlingherald.com/headlines.php?subaction=showfull&id=1206246737&archive=&start_from

If it doesn't rain, this event could look really cool. That was one of the things I liked about WM19, the arena.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11465 on: March 23, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

Now I have been to probalby 10-15 WWF/WCW events in the heyday, and 2 ECW events back in the original ECW. My question is has anyone been to one of the huge arena shows like this, and if so how is the view?  Last year WM was in my back door of Detroit and I was so tempted to go but I didnt want to drive 3 hours and spend all the cash if I wouldnt be able to see shit, unlike concerts, you dont hear the commentors or any sounds, the only thing you hear in the audience is entrance music and the winner announced. 

Has anyone been to one of these huge outdoor WWF shows?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11466 on: March 24, 2008, 07:53:14 PM »

Now I have been to probalby 10-15 WWF/WCW events in the heyday, and 2 ECW events back in the original ECW. My question is has anyone been to one of the huge arena shows like this, and if so how is the view?  Last year WM was in my back door of Detroit and I was so tempted to go but I didnt want to drive 3 hours and spend all the cash if I wouldnt be able to see shit, unlike concerts, you dont hear the commentors or any sounds, the only thing you hear in the audience is entrance music and the winner announced. 

Has anyone been to one of these huge outdoor WWF shows?

Yeah i have. years ago but .... in fact i think it was 1992 Summerslam (i'm sure Hammy will correct me)

I was about half way back and my view was ok it was kinda just good enough to not have to watch the screen but i could not see the entrance way too well which sucked a bit.

I would imagine that if you were but further back you would probally watch the screen more than the ring. But then i was only 9 and i'm sure now being taller it would be a better experience.

Personally as good as the Atmosphere is the only shows i would ever go and see again would be the Royal Rumble or Mania but then they are not too likely to come to England and i'd pay to watch them on TV over paying for a flight and accom plus tickets . . probally get a better view

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11467 on: March 24, 2008, 08:02:36 PM »

I know this has probally been talked about but i just wanna say this.

The Royal Rumble match this year was probally my favourite ever Rumble match. The Cena Suprise was great. They didn't let Number 1 & 2 get too far and to end up with Cena, HHH & Batista was just awesome.

it wasn't overflooded with legends and the Snuka/Piper bit was great.

I lovehow Kane is just awesome in Rumbles . . for 11 months a year Kanes charecter loses value to me and then Rumble time and he is just awesome.

there wasn't many Bushwacker moments (where they just come in and go striaght back out) aside from Santino who is growing on me as a character.

The crowd when Cena and HHH were fighting were great and shows justification as to why wwe made it a triple threat at Mania.

Just really liked it. If your wondering why so delayed its because i've only just seen it coz i'm in oz and a friend sent it out for me to see.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11468 on: March 25, 2008, 08:17:19 AM »

They've just said on the radio there's a strong rumour that Eminem is going to be joining WWE  nervous

Anybody heard anything about this?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11469 on: March 25, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »

They've just said on the radio there's a strong rumour that Eminem is going to be joining WWE  nervous

That rumour is a few months old and I don't think it ever amounted to anything...

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting that former WCW wrestler, Chase Tatum, was found dead late Sunday afternoon from an apparent drug overdose. He was 34 and according to his father, Roy Tatum, had been battling with painkiller addiction for quite some time, but had made plans to enter a rehabilitation center in an attempt to turn his life around. Unfortunately, he never got the opportunity.

Tatum debuted in WCW in 1999, but his wrestling career was very short-lived as he only lasted about two and 1/2 years before retiring. He never amounted to much and an online fan club actually labeled him as "WCW's coolest young jobber".

R.I.P
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11470 on: March 25, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »

That rumour is a few months old and I don't think it ever amounted to anything...

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting that former WCW wrestler, Chase Tatum, was found dead late Sunday afternoon from an apparent drug overdose. He was 34 and according to his father, Roy Tatum, had been battling with painkiller addiction for quite some time, but had made plans to enter a rehabilitation center in an attempt to turn his life around. Unfortunately, he never got the opportunity.

Tatum debuted in WCW in 1999, but his wrestling career was very short-lived as he only lasted about two and 1/2 years before retiring. He never amounted to much and an online fan club actually labeled him as "WCW's coolest young jobber".

R.I.P

Honestly, I don't remember him at all...and I was a pretty big WCW mark.

Godspeed, in any event.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11471 on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »

R.I.P

Honestly, I don't remember him at all...and I was a pretty big WCW mark.

Godspeed, in any event.

I don't remember him either but it's still a damn shame when another wrestler is lost...and at such a young age.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11472 on: March 25, 2008, 03:01:54 PM »

Anyone else like "possibly" Flairs last promo last night? I loved the shoot on Old Yeller...when Flair says "Are you kidding me jack"? Great stuff...WWE's gonna miss Flairs promos and intensity more then anything....I have never been a huge Flair fan until recent weeks....But I dont like how Michaels is kinda playing the bad guy...and the respect thing...Either have him stay full face or heel....I hope Flair sticks around...but im guessing Mania will be his last match

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11473 on: March 25, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »

Anyone else like "possibly" Flairs last promo last night? I loved the shoot on Old Yeller...when Flair says "Are you kidding me jack"? Great stuff...WWE's gonna miss Flairs promos and intensity more then anything....I have never been a huge Flair fan until recent weeks....But I dont like how Michaels is kinda playing the bad guy...and the respect thing...Either have him stay full face or heel....I hope Flair sticks around...but im guessing Mania will be his last match

No way WWE still likes to surpize us once and awhile, I'm hoping for a Flair WM Win and going out on a WM Win, or have him also enter the ECW rumble and have him win and take out Chavo for the title.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11474 on: March 25, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »

Fun fact: everyone that John Cena has ever beaten at Wrestlemania was in last night's main event.

Where was VKM last night? I would have thought he'd be there, considering the Finlay/JBL match. That match doesn't seem to have had a huge builup, at least as far as JBL goes. But maybe that's just me.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11475 on: March 26, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »

Mania will be great if for nothing else than we are finally free of Rick Flair!

He is awful, and such an embarrasement - enough of his geriatric stumbling about the ring!

Wrestling is usually absurd but i cant help but cringe when some 60 year old takes out people half his age and twice his strength

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11476 on: March 26, 2008, 03:48:36 PM »

Mania will be great if for nothing else than we are finally free of Rick Flair!

He is awful, and such an embarrasement - enough of his geriatric stumbling about the ring!

Wrestling is usually absurd but i cant help but cringe when some 60 year old takes out people half his age and twice his strength

I remember seeing him in person wrestle, back in 1994! and he was doing the stumbling act 14 years ago as a mid 40 year old. 

I agree 100% thats its getting harder and harder to believe some 60 year old beating all these guys in their prime. Last 3 months he has whooped on

Umaga,
Kennedy
MVP
VKM

To me 3 of them are the top mid carders in the company and half the age and twice as strong its hard to believe Flair could beat anyone 1 on the list much all of them as much as I am tired of seeing him though I would just like to see him win one last time thank the fans and announce his body cant handle it anymore and retire ontop.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11477 on: March 26, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »

Flair, retire for good?

Terry Funk first retired in 1982.

You think you are going to see him just ONE last time, I kind of doubt it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11478 on: March 26, 2008, 04:57:41 PM »

I seem to recall reading awhile ago that his ex-wife's alimony was so astronomical that he'd essentially have to wrestle until the day he dies.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:07:00 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #11479 on: March 27, 2008, 02:38:40 AM »

Well he signed a new 3 year contract in November 2007, so he's going to be around in some capacity for a while longer. Perhaps they will do an Orton/Batista style managerial rub with a young wrestler against a heel who interrupts his post-Wrestlemania goodbye speech.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: