Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830154 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11400 on: March 02, 2008, 04:11:02 AM »

She was alright. I was a little disappointed.

Word is Matt Hardy returned tonight during a house show to feud with MVP for the US Title! ok ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #11401 on: March 02, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »

Word is Matt Hardy returned tonight during a house show to feud with MVP for the US Title! ok ok
I just heard.

There is a god after all!

SaveUs.MHV1  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11402 on: March 02, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »

I just heard.

SaveUs.MHV1  yes

NO DON'T SAVE US MATT, YOU DIDNT WANT TO RETURN AT THE RUMBLE WHEN ALL EXPECTATIONS WHERE SAYING YOU WOULD, and to show up on RAW in Januarary and just give me hope only to get a butt whooping by Orton and disappear shame on you. Don't come back now until after WM.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11403 on: March 03, 2008, 04:04:14 AM »

I just heard.

SaveUs.MHV1  yes

NO DON'T SAVE US MATT, YOU DIDNT WANT TO RETURN AT THE RUMBLE WHEN ALL EXPECTATIONS WHERE SAYING YOU WOULD, and to show up on RAW in Januarary and just give me hope only to get a butt whooping by Orton and disappear shame on you. Don't come back now until after WM.
Actually he was ready to return at the Rumble. He was backstage and ready to use if needed, but they never used him and decided to hold off his return to a later date.  Tongue

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11404 on: March 03, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »

Does anyone know if they're planning to have 8 guys in the MITB Ladder Match again this year? I hope that there's some in it who've never been in one before...

Another random note, on wwe.com, if you click on the tab that says "industry news", there are mentions of... Shocked TNA. I seem to remember Shane McMahon wanting an industry news section on the website but that got turned down. Is this his doing??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11405 on: March 03, 2008, 01:09:17 PM »

Somewhat wrestling related:

Anyone hear the latest on Hogan's divorce?

Supposedly he was schtupping Brooke's best friend?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11406 on: March 03, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »

Somewhat wrestling related:

Anyone hear the latest on Hogan's divorce?

Supposedly he was schtupping Brooke's best friend?

Its funny when you read it that way.   rofl  It wasnt her best friend. It was a friendship she made while they were working on her album. Apparently Hogans marriage was already over by than, just keeping it together for sake of tv show...but you think he wouldnt fuck his daughters "friends" or "co-workers."  rofl  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11407 on: March 03, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »

Does anyone know if they're planning to have 8 guys in the MITB Ladder Match again this year? I hope that there's some in it who've never been in one before...

Another random note, on wwe.com, if you click on the tab that says "industry news", there are mentions of... Shocked TNA. I seem to remember Shane McMahon wanting an industry news section on the website but that got turned down. Is this his doing??

Probably is his doing...apparently, if you believe the rumors, with Steph getting ready to take leave of absence Shane is taking on alot more duties and getting some of his old ones back... smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11408 on: March 03, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »

To be honest I'd rather they dispence with the match and extend the card to 5 hours, and ditch the usual Diva Craptastic match.  I much prefer traditional One-on-One Ladder Matches.  I was hoping for a HBK vs Jeff Hardy one this year.  They could of had that match between them on tv a week later and had it end in a double pin (belt on the line), have them dispute who the champion is and the have HBK remind everyone what happened last time he was in a dispute over who the IC Champion was, it would do wonders for the belt and these 2 would steal the show.....

Speaking of titles.  Batista vs MVP for the US Title this week.  I'm guessing the likely scenario will be Umaga runs in and Matt Hardy makes the save, although Hardy could always run in first as a distraction and Batista could get the belt, give his match with Umaga some meaning (Hell someone at Wrestlecrap suggested that Umaga could get the IC Title as well and it could be belt vs belt, that would be pretty sweet I think), with the spots on the big card drying up and the need to fill in 4 more MITB spots I could see Matt and Porter getting slotted in.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11409 on: March 04, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

The wrestlemania rewind theme for raw next week could be interesting. But I have a feeling that wwe will choose to have shit loads of run-ins and dqs as oppose to quality matches. Im interested in seeing what matches they will have though. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11410 on: March 04, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »

I fear they'll do too many recent ones, no chance of any returns.  You know, no Trips vs Warrior, HBK vs Santana, Flair vs Savage....

I say.....

John Cena vs Triple H

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho

Randy Orton vs Undertaker

Edge vs Mick Foley

The Great Khali vs Kane.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11411 on: March 04, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »

How about Hulk Hogan vs The Rock

That would be something.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11412 on: March 04, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »

That would be something.
hihi

Santana vs HBK is more likely....

Word is 50 Cent will be showing up with Mayweather at 'Mania!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11413 on: March 04, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »

Did anyone see Raw last night and think that the segement between Big Show and Floyd was terrible? It just seemed so fake and Floyd not knowing what to say.  Big Show was trying his hardest to play the heal role and doing some good banter talk. It felt like Floyd was unpreapred and unscripted in just repeating over and over "remember I broke your nose last time" then there was seconds that felt like minutes where Floyd was just sitting there in quiet like he was lost.  For a loud mouth he seems to have nothing to say.  The worst was when Big show just threw that jobber way out of the ring and Floyd replied "Thats it boys fire up my jet" Like that makes any sense, by the time he flys from Vegas to raw it would be like HOURS and HOURS later, I thought the whole scene was unsricpted and seem so fake and hard to buy that these guys are really mad at each other.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11414 on: March 04, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »

Did anyone see Raw last night and think that the segement between Big Show and Floyd was terrible? It just seemed so fake and Floyd not knowing what to say.  Big Show was trying his hardest to play the heal role and doing some good banter talk. It felt like Floyd was unpreapred and unscripted in just repeating over and over "remember I broke your nose last time" then there was seconds that felt like minutes where Floyd was just sitting there in quiet like he was lost.  For a loud mouth he seems to have nothing to say.  The worst was when Big show just threw that jobber way out of the ring and Floyd replied "Thats it boys fire up my jet" Like that makes any sense, by the time he flys from Vegas to raw it would be like HOURS and HOURS later, I thought the whole scene was unsricpted and seem so fake and hard to buy that these guys are really mad at each other.

It must have been unscripted on Floyd's side, least WWE did not write it.  He sounded 100% Heel, he spent the promo calling himself the money, which isn't exactly a face like tag, calling the guy Show beat a jump and threatening to crack his jaw, it was horrid!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11415 on: March 04, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »

That would be something.
hihi

Santana vs HBK is more likely....

Word is 50 Cent will be showing up with Mayweather at 'Mania!

I have a feeling Big Show is going to walk to the Ring Alone at WM (maybe Shane will be out there to "keep him cool" but when Floyd's Posse Entrourage Thug Group which consists of his thugs who dont work and sit around telling him he's god, and 50 cents sings his entrance music and walks to the ring with him and you know Rey Mysterio who is "training" him is going to be ringside for him.

This match is going to be UGLY, its going to be akward with there different sizes, sloppy with Floyds ring experience and mic skills, hard to believe Floyd as a Face when he has 10 guys ringside its going to look like a gang beatdown on Big Show, and its going to end terrible because somehow Floyd is going to receive the WWE celebrity WM win or push.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11416 on: March 04, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »

I fear they'll do too many recent ones, no chance of any returns.  You know, no Trips vs Warrior, HBK vs Santana, Flair vs Savage....

I say.....

John Cena vs Triple H

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho

Randy Orton vs Undertaker

Edge vs Mick Foley

The Great Khali vs Kane.

I will be very happy if they let HBK vs. Jericho and Orton vs. Undertaker be quality matches. But the odds of that happening will prolly be slim to none. However I do feel we will get at least one long, quality match at raw next week.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11417 on: March 05, 2008, 07:26:02 AM »

Mayweather vs Big Show definitely ranks right up there with Katie Vick

Mayweather is a good boxer fighting guys his size but he cant even knock out most guys his size. Big Show would manhandle him in a real fight.

1. Floyd couldnt reach his face to hit him

2. Big Show grabs him and gets on top, Mayweather would die.

Big Show has lost 100 pounds right?

I was watching Raw and I was tryin to figure out exactly where that weight came from. I think he put it back on in 2 weeks.

Axl4Life
VIP

« Reply #11418 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:45 AM »

Mayweather is a good boxer fighting guys his size but he cant even knock out most guys his size. Big Show would manhandle him in a real fight.

I was watching Raw and I was tryin to figure out exactly where that weight came from. I think he put it back on in 2 weeks.
On Smackdown last week he was announced as 430 lbs. Even though when Big Show came back he said he lost 108 pounds. And he was 508 when he left in 2006 which would make him 408 lbs.

But this week on Raw, Lilian Garica announced him as 450 lbs.

The whole thing is really confusing...unless they still want him to be billed as the 500 lbs giant as they seem to be adding more pounds to him every show.  nervous

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #11419 on: March 05, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

On Smackdown last week he was announced as 430 lbs. Even though when Big Show came back he said he lost 108 pounds. And he was 508 when he left in 2006 which would make him 408 lbs.

But this week on Raw, Lilian Garica announced him as 450 lbs.

The whole thing is really confusing...unless they still want him to be billed as the 500 lbs giant as they seem to be adding more pounds to him every show.  nervous

It's all KAYFABE baby.  He looks like close to the same size when he left, but his upper body looks a little leaner to me. Didn't Yokozuna enter the WWF at around 505 lbs, and about the time he was does they were billing him around 720 lbs? I dont think he got that much bigger.

As D said about Mayweather not getting guys his sized knocked out. Most of Floyd's knock outs came EARLY in his career after the 96 olympics where he had his last lost (he finished with a bronze medal) When he went pro he was knocking guys out around 120, 130, 135 lbs.  then he kept moving up in weight classes and until his last fight when he got a knockout, he hasn't gotten a knockout of anyone in like 2-3 years. Heck when he fought Oscar he spent most of the match running away and ducking back and Oscar is 150 lbs. a few inches taller.

I have always like Paul even when he was introduced back in the WCW day as the son of Andre the Giant. I thought he did well for a big man in the ring, but if he jobs to Floyd I am going to loose respect for him. Why make your big return to WWF at WM only to be a jobber. Being that Floyd's a face (so I dont think he would be aloud to low blow SHOW) i dont see how he is going to knock Paul down.  The match last week on raw where they brought that jobber out to fight him and he got manhandles, that guy is floyd's size.  Floyd's smaller then Rey Mysterio and the only way Rey can bring down bigger guys is with higher risk, jumps and moves. I can't see Floyd climbing the ropes to moonsaut or pulling off a 616 on show.

My WM Prediction.   50 Cent shoots Big Show in the knees with a 9mm and floyd knocks out Big shows as he is lieing down bleeding from gunshots.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: