Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830177 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #11380 on: February 27, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »

am i the only one waiting for mayweather to turn heel? cos am sure i read he was one of the most hated men in sports

I think they will do everything they can to keep him a face, but I see a lot of boos going for mayweather and cheers for big show at wrestlemania.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11381 on: February 27, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »

its gona be like the rock v hogan all over again hahaa

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11382 on: February 27, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »

Did anyone else see what JOhn Cena said about The Rock? What a dumbass:

I think he is fuckin jealous.

He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being. What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11383 on: February 27, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »

Did anyone else see what JOhn Cena said about The Rock? What a dumbass:

I think he is fuckin jealous.

He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being. What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

In a way, I think John Cena makes a good point. smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11384 on: February 27, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »

Rock did more for wrestling in his short time than Cena ever will.

Like if John Cena could be a big movie star he wouldnt walk away and do that.

They are all hating on the Rock cause he is making millions and is more famous than all of them and is where they want to be.

Cena is getting ready to be in his 2nd movie................. U think if he got offers like The Rock and had to choose he'd pick wrestling?  YEAH RIGHT!

Cena needs to watch his fucking mouth.

The Rock is a self made superstar. HE WROTE HIS catch Phrases, he came up with his character. Cena is a fucking joke. Rapper after 8mile was huge and now a Marine to coincide with the War. He is a fuckin gimmick, a shitty wrestler and horrible and corny on the mic.

The Rock shreds him in every single category and he has no place or no right to open his mouth to a guy who would drop Cena down the card if he came back.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 07:56:15 PM by D » Logged

jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11385 on: February 27, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »

the Rock vs Cena !
'now that's a ppv worth 50 bucks
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11386 on: February 27, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »

Rock did more for wrestling in his short time than Cena ever will.

Like if John Cena could be a big movie star he wouldnt walk away and do that.

They are all hating on the Rock cause he is making millions and is more famous than all of them and is where they want to be.

Cena is getting ready to be in his 2nd movie................. U think if he got offers like The Rock and had to choose he'd pick wrestling?  YEAH RIGHT!

Cena needs to watch his fucking mouth.

The Rock is a self made superstar. HE WROTE HIS catch Phrases, he came up with his character. Cena is a fucking joke. Rapper after 8mile was huge and now a Marine to coincide with the War. He is a fuckin gimmick, a shitty wrestler and horrible and corny on the mic.

The Rock shreds him in every single category and he has no place or no right to open his mouth to a guy who would drop Cena down the card if he came back.

I dont blame rock for leaving wrestling. I hate cena with a passion. He sucks. But I do think if you claim to love something so much why are you so against making even small appearences in the ring? His fans made him. I know that stars dont owe anything to fans but at the same time I think cena makes a good point about rock saying he loves wrestling yet doesnt want anything to do with it.  smoking
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:15:27 PM by High_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11387 on: February 28, 2008, 03:34:54 AM »

Cena will learn and some of u guys will also learn when u age a bit.

Rock LOVES wrestling. He loves it so much, the only way he can stop doing it, is to completely shut himself off from it.

Its like me for instance. I played basketball for over 22 years. I quit to concentrate on running. I dont go near a basketball hoop or to a gym because if I do I know I will play and the pounding of playing basketball negatively impacts my running in a big way.

So even though I love basketball sooooooo much, I don't go around it and its the only way I can stop from playing.

Same with The Rock, it isnt something he can only do part time. I actually respect The Rock for doing that. Why take someone elses TV time or someone elses spot on a PPV when he isnt wrestling anymore? I have a Shit Load of respect for him for that.

Being an actor is something u have to do 100 percent to be taken seriously also.

sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #11388 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »

now i never thought i would agrea 100% with D haha

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11389 on: February 29, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »

heres Maria's playboy cover. shes gonna be signing autographs next month at Hollywood so ill be going to that  smoking
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:30:28 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #11390 on: February 29, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »

god thats Hawt

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
jacko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11391 on: February 29, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »

actually woulda liked it if ex-ecw brooke had made it as i think a plan was to have kelly kelly, layla and brooke on
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11392 on: February 29, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »

Cena will learn and some of u guys will also learn when u age a bit.

Rock LOVES wrestling. He loves it so much, the only way he can stop doing it, is to completely shut himself off from it.

Its like me for instance. I played basketball for over 22 years. I quit to concentrate on running. I dont go near a basketball hoop or to a gym because if I do I know I will play and the pounding of playing basketball negatively impacts my running in a big way.

So even though I love basketball sooooooo much, I don't go around it and its the only way I can stop from playing.

Same with The Rock, it isnt something he can only do part time. I actually respect The Rock for doing that. Why take someone elses TV time or someone elses spot on a PPV when he isnt wrestling anymore? I have a Shit Load of respect for him for that.

Being an actor is something u have to do 100 percent to be taken seriously also.

First of all im only 3 years younger than you, so dont be saying i dont know my shit cuz im some kid.

I hate cena. I've always hated Cena, but I agree with him here.

Your telling me you never play basketball, something you suposedly love so much, you never ever do? If you loved it you would cave once in a while and shoot a couple hoops or play a quick game. Like I do with football, I love it but knees so fucked up I shouldnt be playing, but once in awhile i cave and play. Rock hasnt been in action since wrestlemania 20, 4 years ago. I dont blame the guy for leaving. Hes an actor now, I wouldnt show up at wrestling either. But I am sick of hearing the rock proclaim he loves wrestling so much. Because when you love something as much as he claims to love it you want to be around it.

I disagree that he cant show up once in awhile for his fans and make a wrestlemania appearence or a raw 15th aniversry appearence in house instead of on tv. For me, a one time big fan of the rock, I would love to see him every once in awhile on tv and not have a problem with that.

Lets be real here the Rock is not showing up at wrestling so he doesnt take someone elses tv time or ppv match. Hes not showing up because its below him now. Hes an actor, he doesnt have to do wrestling anymore.

I agree with Cena because I dont believe the rock loves it. And I agree that the rock should stop going around saying I love it when its obvious he really doesnt want anything to do with it.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11393 on: February 29, 2008, 08:53:58 PM »

^
WHAT?HuhHuh?

DO u even know that The Rock grew up in the business? Did John Cena's Dad and Grandfather wrestle? Are they being inducted into the hall of fame?

To say the Rock doesnt "LOVE" wrestling is absolutely ridiculous and retarded. So what the guy doesn't wrestle anymore?

Do u not have a clue that he has a career and HELLO a family, a daughter, A LIFE

He probably doesn't have time to show up at some WWE event and get in the ring

If he did show up, what the fuck would he say or do?

I admire The Rock for not coming on WWE TV just to promote a movie or a book or some other endeavor.

He has no place in WWE right now. what would he do exactly once again?

Get in the ring and talk about what?

He is doing the Hall of Fame ceremony.

So to say the rock is wrong for saying he loves wrestling is just simply asinine and has no validity.  John Cena is jealous that he will never be anywhere near the star The Rock is.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11394 on: March 01, 2008, 12:58:05 PM »

^
WHAT?HuhHuh?

DO u even know that The Rock grew up in the business? Did John Cena's Dad and Grandfather wrestle? Are they being inducted into the hall of fame?

To say the Rock doesnt "LOVE" wrestling is absolutely ridiculous and retarded. So what the guy doesn't wrestle anymore?

Do u not have a clue that he has a career and HELLO a family, a daughter, A LIFE

He probably doesn't have time to show up at some WWE event and get in the ring

If he did show up, what the fuck would he say or do?

I admire The Rock for not coming on WWE TV just to promote a movie or a book or some other endeavor.

He has no place in WWE right now. what would he do exactly once again?

Get in the ring and talk about what?

He is doing the Hall of Fame ceremony.

So to say the rock is wrong for saying he loves wrestling is just simply asinine and has no validity.  John Cena is jealous that he will never be anywhere near the star The Rock is.

People like the Rock and Stone Cold Carried WWF when their ratings were low against WCW and Carried Vince and his company up until they finally won the ratings war and eventually put wcw out of business. I don't the Rock owes Vince anything. Even though Vince owns the rights to the Rock's name and gets executive or producer credit in rock's movies if they use his name THE ROCK (thats why you see more and more of the rock going by Dwayne Johnson)

Does he owe the fans anything?  Not really maybe if he could have some time and edit/make a 3 disc DVD set of his favorite matches and his history for his fans that would be great. He is a 3rd genertion superstar he knows the business and how it and chew up and destroy you. Shortening your life and career. Why risk getting injured in the ring now if he can go make big movies in hollywood ( Heck I was watching some WWE on demand yesterday when the Hart foundation were doing some in ring mic speaches back in 1997 and There was Hitman, British Bulldog, Owen, and Brian Pillman in the ring) 3 of the 4 were dead in 5 years. Wrestling is a tough and brutal business and all it takes is One Match to ruin your Life. (ie. Owen Hart, Droz, Sid V, ) one match could ruin your life its not worth it and I respect the rock for not coming back into the ring.

Cena is jealous, if he could make $5 million a movie or so and live in Hollywood not having to travel on the road all year long It wouldn't surpize me if he left the wwe too.

What was the rock's last ppv match?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 01:00:45 PM by Hollywood Cowbell » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11395 on: March 01, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »

What was the rock's last ppv match?
I "think" it was teaming with Foley to job to Evolution's Orton, Batista and Flair at WMXX.

As for all this back and forth arguing on whether he loves the business or not, only one person honestly knows and that's him.  He certainly doesn't owe anything he gave plenty to the business and it gave plenty back, I'd say they are about evens.  He clearly wants to be seen as an actor, and for people watching if he keeps showing up in a ring the line will begin to blur.  Also in light of the Benoit and Guerrero tragedy coupled with storylines ranging from incest to exploiting dead people's reputations, he clearly recognises that being associated with the company is not really going to do his career any favours.  The guys who "Return", Jericho, Foley, Austin - None of them have anything better than the 'EAustin's attempt at a Film Career is under their banner so he is indebted to them, Jericho in his absence failed to make much of an impact and after I saw Fozzy live I definately think he's better wrestling and Foley's had successful books, true, but several based on his WRESTLING career and let's not forget his book career isn't exactly a Hollywood one.  Rock may not be A-List, but he's earning more, travelling less and his body is receiving a lot less damage.  Over the years he's never had wonderful things to say about Triple H and Shawn Michaels either and being the star he is, a return would be on their brand, why return to a locker room with people you don't like.  Weighing up the pros and cons there are probably more reasons not to comeback than there are ones to, and love the wrestling business and loving WWE are 2 completely different things, think about it....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11396 on: March 01, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »

The Rock is slowly reaching A List status. The Academy Award reviews he got were off the charts.

U know what I was thinking today

When was the last time we had a major heel or face turn?

See, WWE sucks now because back in the day, before it was all about the shareholders and making money, John Cena would turn heel, team with Orton and they would take out DX.

Now, u get the same ole shit month after month after month.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11397 on: March 01, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »

The Rock is slowly reaching A List status. The Academy Award reviews he got were off the charts.

U know what I was thinking today

When was the last time we had a major heel or face turn?

See, WWE sucks now because back in the day, before it was all about the shareholders and making money, John Cena would turn heel, team with Orton and they would take out DX.

Now, u get the same ole shit month after month after month.

It was always about making money with Vince. Though he may be under more pressure with shareholders, he has always been out to make money. The creative team just sucks now.  crying Though rumor has it with Steph getting ready to take a leave of absence Shane is gonna take over creative...apparently they have vast differences in booking style. So maybe we'll see a slight change for the better...

Hey, like I always say, a guy can dream cant he?  smoking
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:47:09 PM by High_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #11398 on: March 02, 2008, 03:20:52 AM »

Maria playboy pics have been leaked
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11399 on: March 02, 2008, 03:34:57 AM »

Maria playboy pics have been leaked

Oh yes they have  drool....and she is looking good.  drool smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: